archive cache initializing.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    20:42:17
    15 September 3013

Cameron Wayton; [email protected]

to [email protected]

SUBJECT: hi daddy

- - -

i wonder what everyone else thinks happened to me. Is Mom worried? She's usually gone a lot during the week and she mentioned that she was being stationed a lot out of Beacon because there was a lot more migration than normal and that was causing more Pokemon to stray closer to us. Which is cool and all but i actually don't think she'll notice that i'm gone for a long time. and we don't have a long time.

which means that i have to get us out of here.

so i think my old theory was actually wrong. if i phased through things in my sleep then i would more likely than not end up in the middle of the earth which is supposed to be full of fire and magma and tons of things that would've totally killed me before i made it through. And then even if i somehow phased through lava (magma? i forget which one is the one that's not on the surface) (AND THAT WOULD BE SUPER COOL BY THE WAY) i would probably end up on the other side of the world

i don't really remember globes but i'm pretty sure that's an ocean.

which is definitely not a forest full of Charizard and giant water Turtles with laserbacks. The Turtles have the same facial structure as those things called Wartortle that we sometimes see in the river, but like if they were five times bigger, so i'mma just call them Big Wartortle.

This is probably how people used to name things anyway. Like there was a lizard and it breathed fire and you were like okay it chars things and it's a lizard so now it's a Charizard. Or like these giant flaming horses that run over people and burn them to death really fast turn them to ash really quickly so like RAPIDASH.

like what

it's kinda funny but also i think that's pretty messed up

and maybe the Rapidash doesn't want to be Rapidash maybe he wants to be something different. Maybe there's a little cam Rapidash somewhere that doesn't want to have its name tied to the fact that it always burns things to death cause like really that's pretty rough

and don't even get me started on Houndoom. Always doomy.

i think we had a dog once and he was really friendly. i wonder how he's doing now.

---

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 400)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

archive cache initiliazing...
    initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    searching for backup network...
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    21:05:42
    15 September 3013

to [email protected]

- - -
    i found somewhere to sleep i guess

we have to be further south than Beacon because the days are waaaaaay longer here. Which is actually super nice because it gives me plenty of time to find bad hiding spots and realize that they're full of stinging plants or mud or are probably the den of something much bigger than me. These are all good things to figure out BEFORE you spend the night in your hiding spot and not after

i miss home a little

no point dwelling on that. This is a nice outcropping of rock that is dry and looks deserted and for now it will be my new home. i need to sleep and then when its lighter we can try again.

i'm scared. It's getting colder and i only have my jacket and that isn't holding up too well against the weather. It doesn't seem to be raining or anything, but i'm still really cold.

Wingnut isn't here to talk me to sleep so i stare up at the stars and count them. Wingnut used to show me pictures in them and talk about all the people out there, far away and long ago, doing their things and having their own adventures. Maybe there's more planets out there like the ones where the Pokemon all came from. Maybe they figured out how to live together and share a forest that has plenty of space for them so they don't keep attacking us. i wonder if there's another cam and another Wingnut out there and how theyre doing, and maybe if you're out there with them. Please come back soon if you are. i want to meet you both.

---

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 282)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    4:12:25
    16 September 3013

to [email protected]

- - -

Sleeping hasn't been this hard before. Normally i just pop in bed and i'm out like a rock but right now i'm fidgety. Which is probably good so that nothing sneaks up on me but i also know that i'll need to cover a lot of ground tomorrow like getting us out of this mess so i really should try to get some rest. And its easy to pretend like the rocks on the ground and the noises i hear in the forest are what's making it hard, or the fact that sometimes it rains a little, or maybe that the wind hits the branch directly above me and keeps dropping pine needles in my face RIGHT when i'm starting to drift off a little but

its not that

i know its not that

and it isn't even that Wingnut isn't here with me either although usually he likes to talk my ear off until i fall asleep which is usually pretty welcome. And usually he likes to sleep next to me with his wings all folded in and his head tucked down even though he can just cover up his eyes with the cool anti-UV shields i gave him but i think it makes him feel more natural. i miss him. He's going to be okay. He has to be.

But the reason i can't sleep tonight is more than any of that i think. Everything in the world around me is so big and i'm small. It feels like the world is a mix of Big Things doing their Big things to each other and i get caught in the middle. i never really understood how things got named, how some stuff was decided to be big and scary and some stuff is just designated to be the stuff caught in the middle. A cam is a round object that you use to transfer momentum or change your system. But i don't do any of that. i know how the rules work; you only have momentum if you have lots of mass (or if you run really really fast) and i'm not big enough for that yet. Sometimes Pokemon attack and Mom and Wingnut are there to defend me

but sometimes they aren't and i'm just

i'm just cam

i'm small

and i don't know what to do about that.

---

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 392)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    08:45:08
    16 September 3013

to [email protected]

- - -

Eventually i gave up on sleeping.

This happens a lot more often than you might expect, honestly. i do this at home sometimes. When you wake up in the dark after having a nightmare it can be hard to go back to sleep. Usually Wingnut is there for me but

i can't think about that now

So anyway i just sat around until the sun kinda rose. You can see the clouds trickling around through the trees in the sky. The moon here is bright enough tonight that you can see them, and eventually the clouds start turning a lighter shade of gray, and then the dawn comes creeping in. There's a nice change from black to purple that i like watching the best, and then from purple to a pinkish color, and then to blue, but i was already moving by the time we got to pink. i wanted to ask Wingnut how the sky colors work but i'll right that down for later when we aren't so busy trying to not-die honestly.

i thought about what i said last night. i don't remember being awake the whole time, so i must've fallen asleep for at least a little of the night which is good because Mom says sleep is important. And it let me think a little more about what we had to say.

Today i woke up and i'm still small. i don't feel big enough to take on the world yet and i don't think that it'll happen today, so i hope i find Beacon or Wingnut or Mom soon enough, because i'm certainly too tired to do it myself. But we gotta keep moving.

---

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 279)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    10:02:36
    16 September 3013

to [email protected]

- - -

i woke up face to face with a dinosaur.

Mom says not to say bad language but it was around then that i realized we were in really, really deep crap and that just made me really really FRICKING UPSET.

It's already bad enough that Wingnut got hurt and we were both stranded and i was in the middle of nowhere and didn't know where to go but now i have to go deal with this big dinosaur that let a flower grow on its back and i think it's called a Venusaur but at this point i don't even CARE i'm just ANNOYED.

i didn't have time to think it through. i didn't have time to consider that Venusaur are some of the most dangerous grass-types on the record, or that their vines can snap a human in half, or that they can summon trees that are the size of a lamp post with basically no effort. i didn't think about how it was Big and i was small and the odds were stacked against me the whole time because we didn't really have time to care about that.

my hand had a power supply. The same kind that made Wingnut tick. Wingnut ticking takes a lot of energy since he does cool things like flying and--

no time for that now--

That energy can be released as electricity. Venusaur won't mind that, except that under extreme resistance that electrical energy will come out as heat. Venusaur is a plant. Plants don't like heat. The rest happens almost by sheer instinct. my hand opens; there's the blue core in there that powers us, rippling plasma and raw energy sending waves of heat back into my face, and i feel my palm unfolding.

The Venusaur roared at me. Its mouth was so big that i could probably lie down in it and let it eat me if i wanted that, but i didn't, so instead i pointed my hand at it and let a blast of electricity rip through us both.

---

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 342)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    10:02:59
    16 September 3013

to [email protected]

- - -

i must've blacked out for a few seconds. When the spots clear i'm leaning against a tree and that's probably the only reason i haven't fallen over yet. My head pounds and it suddenly feels like i've run for miles and miles even though i'm actually exactly where i started five seconds ago.

everything hurts. my body feels all tingly and my hand hurts a lot.

Once i stuck a fork in a wall outlet to see what would happen. This kind of felt just like that.

it feels like there's static all around the air. i can smell something like lingering ozone, kind of like how the ground smells weird during a thunderstorm. i'm standing their, face sweaty, hair all frizzed up and covered in leaves and things, and i stare back at the Venusaur, which hasn't reacted yet.

It slowly swivels enormous eyes the size of my fists toward me, blinking. It looks like its sizing me up. It is trying to see if i am going to fight back. It roared again, this time louder, this time as if it wasnt covered in big ugly splotchy burn marks. Maybe it can tell that i don't think i can do it twice. And it's all "VENNNNUUUUUUUUUUUU!!"

and this is when I realize i'm tired of running. Wingnut and Mom and everyone else have been fighting my battles all my life but its a big big world out there and one day i will have to decide to be big enough too.

So I scream back at it. There arent any words i'm not cool enough to go around shouting "CAM CAM CAMMMMMM" like a Pokemon would, but i scream at it until my throat hurts and i run out of breath. i will show it that i am not afraid.

(i am afraid).

---

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 305)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    10:03:25
    16 September 3013

to [email protected]

- - -

we stare at each other for a second. Then the Venusaur lunges at me on big feet the size of my entire body, and this massive wall of vines erupts from that ugly flower on its back and i'm like HOLY CRAP

(except i didn't say crap oops)

so i try to roll away like i've seen Mom dodge, except i'm pretty clumsy and i trip, but then when i throw up my mechanical hand to try to block them, the vines just pass through me like i don't exist. i'm a ghost. even with Wingnut gone, i'm a ghost. Which is really freaking cool on a side note and i want to figure out what do to because it makes my body all tingly and stuff, but at the moment i have to focus FOCUS. Okay. So it roars in frustration and then tries the vine thing again but this time i manage to say intangible the whole way through and it just shatters the tree behind me.

this is really cool. then i lose focus and become real again -- i can feel it, like when you're swimming for a bit and then you come above water and it feels different -- and i don't have much time before it attacks again, so i point my hand and let it feel the thunder.

when the blast clears, i'm so dizzy i can barely stand. but the Venusaur is backing away slowly.

the Venusaur is afraid. the venusaur is afraid of me.

i

this was me, daddy.

i did this. I DID THIS.

Even smaller with my heart not roaring in my ears, even after the thing slowly lumbers off and backs away and disappears into the forest, I did this. It wasn't Wingnut or Mom or a different Protector or a louder monster or anything like that. I did this.

I live in a world full of big things having big power struggles over even bigger things. There's a ladder and it only climbs up and up and there are always going to be people stronger than me, but I'm not on the bottom any more. I can do things. I got pushed around a ton by things that were bigger than me, but I survived. I am the big one now. I can be my own Wingnut and Protector and Mom. I'm a big thing in their world, too.

So. Wingnut's out. That's okay. For once, I'm going to protect him.

---

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 413)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,011 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    10:03:25
    16 September 3013

to [email protected]et

- - -

I'm really bad at finishing off my stories I guess.

I was actually planning on walking the whole way back. Through the forests and the trees and whatever else was in the way; I'm a Big Name in this world and I can do whatever I want. That's who I am. I build cool things and I'm relevant in the apocalypse too, honest. It took a long time to get to this point but I can point to myself and say hey I'm the one who saves the day and sometimes i feel small but most days I'm as big as a mountain.

Which is when the charizard came bolting in.

They're really loud and they have big wings that blot out the sun and their breath is like fire even when they aren't actually breathing fire. Not gonna lie I got really deflated for a second because I do cool stuff but I can't fly on my own or shoot out bolts of lightning and instead I just do dumb things like put my hands on my hips and straighten my back and watch it land and survey it with all the cold fire I ever learned from Mom.

(she's really cool now just in case you haven't seen her yet)

"You hurt my friend" I say. "Now you're going to take me back home."

This is how I ended up flying on a charizard.

It sounds much cooler than it is because I'm leaving out the part about how it actually lunged in and picked me up with its giant charizard claws and then flew us off on its giant charizard wings up, up, up into the sky at like a billion miles per hour and I was like oh, no, this really isn't what I meant by taking me home I don't think you and I are on the same page and --

The treetops gave way to big, fiery mountains and that's when I remembered what I read about in the books about how charizard bring back food for their kids and its kind of cute except for the times when the food is me and I DEFINITELY don't want that happening to me because that's not really something you walk away from too easily

so this is how I ended up falling out of a charizard into a giant pit of lava

---

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 396)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234