User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: {hi daddy // cam's messages to the stars}

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)
    Last edited by Elysia; 06-18-17 at 06:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

archive cache initiliazing...
    initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    searching for backup network...
    backup network found.

archive cache initializing.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    21:48:12
    12 December 3012

Cameron Wayton; [email protected]

to [email protected]

SUBJECT: hi daddy

- - -

Hi daddy.

I waited a little too long to send this. Funny story. Its actually really hard to type now so i feel silly.

Actually I still feel silly typing this! Mom didnt tell me how to find your email so dont get mad at her. I was digging through some of the old cars and i guess i found ours? I dunno. There was a lot of stuff in there and i found this card that had your name on it back from when you worked at indus tech.
    The internet went down a long time ago over here but it was actually pretty easy to get things back online. I wired up Wingnut (hes my robot buddy! Ill tell more in a second!) to access the mainframe and it took a while to get through some of the old cache stuff (because I think most of the towers went down a while ago) and we were wading through hours of error messages but I finally made it work! it was great!! I can only send alphanumerics and the encryption process is really whacky so i dunno if you can read it when it gets through, but mom says your smart so it should be okay.

So yeah. Im stuck in bed right now. Thats actually why its so hard to type. Well actually more on that in a second.

Mom and i are fine! We moved to this little fortressy thing on the edge of a lake and that fortress is called Beacon.Its really nice but it gets kind off cold sometimes which is sad :( it gunks up all the machines and they dont run so well and things get really slippery. but thats also really fun because then Wingnut and i can slide around like wheeeeeee~~~~~~ <3

haha its shaped like a heart
    Wingnut showed it to me!
    less than three!

anyway yeah were in Beacon. Therere like 1 hundred people here so its a lot quiter than Detroit was but its nice. No traffic!

anyway sometimes Beacon gets attacked by feral pokemon things like what happened to detroit. its not as bad though! Much smaller! And people like mom go around and do crazy things and PEW PEW PEW and fight off the pokemon so the rest of us can be safe. The walls are also really useful. Mom is awesome. Shes called a protector or something. Dont tell her i said this but i think i want to be a protector like her when i grow up. She gets mad when i say that because she says her job is really dangerous but i think i could handle it! I hav Wingnut to back me up and we could go through and be like PHWWEEEEHHEEEEEWWWWWWW POKEMON AWAY!! and then itd be really cool.

I dont really know what mom does actually. She says im not old enough to go with her so she just goes out beyond the walls with her protector buddies and they do cool stuff I guess? Sometimes the pokemon attack the really big walls so mom and her friends go and fight them off like they did last week. Thats cool i guess. Lots of explosions. Its kind of scary but Wingnut says he can protect me! :DDDD Mom doesnt know it but i totally think i could handle being a protector.

oh crud.
    mom says i have to go to bed now. i didnteven getto the best part of thes tory typing really fastis hard with my arm
    Wingnut cant save things in his internal memory properly because i havent modded his harddrive yet but im working on that so ill jut cache this on the network for now
    sorry
    ill write you tomorrow!
    <3 <3 <3

less than three!
    cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 632)
    Last edited by Elysia; 07-31-15 at 03:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    07:15:34
    13 December 3012

to [email protected]

- - -

Hi daddy.

I stayed up all night thinking about writing to you so i didnt sleep haha. Dont tell mom or else shell get really mad at me :((((( But yeah haha i just decoupled my arm and curled up next to Wingnut and then BOOP! Closed my eyes until she left haha! I thought about just typing out the rest but i was afraid shed come back so i just sat there thinking. I do that alot haha but shhhhhhhhhh! I get my best ideas late at nite when im looking at the sky haha. Its so pretty!

Anyway. I woke up really early to type this because i was so excited. Sun isnt even up yet but I am! Wingnut says that his cache says that the last thing i said was that (wow thats confusing hahahaha! >:D) i wanted to be a protector. Or a bird! Wingnut can fly but i cant but maybe one day who knowwws right?

Sorry haha im kinda bad at writing things down. If i could build u a shiny robot that said what i felt thatd be so much easier rite?

Oh yeah! I built something really cool. Like last week. So mom is a protector, and sometimes she has to protect us from pokemon that attack beacon. Its actually pretty normal. Protectors start running around the walls like BOOM BOOOOOM and the rest of us take shelter but i messed up last week cause this big metal pokemon with wings was came in where i was hiding and it was like CRAWWWWWW!

!!

I dunno im trying to tell it all suspensefully like in the stories but i dunno how its working. Anyway I was like :0000
    And the big metal pokemon was like RAWWWRRRRR!
    And then phewm we were off flying away from beacon!
    :00000
    (Wingnut says the faces arent so good because the zeros have slashes in them but i think they look great! >:D)

Yeah so the big metal pokemon flew for a bit and then it crashed. I think it was dead which was awkward. :( i felt bad for it i guess? But then i looked around and we were in the edge of the woods by this random deserted city and there was no one around and it was like oh no its just me and Wingnut now

!!

Also the big metal pokemon bit off my arm. It kinda hurt a lot and it made me dizzy but im lefthanded so it was okay I guess? Wingnut said it was probably only a matter of time before everyone on the surface started losing limbs and like half the people in beacon are missing something so i guess i can just join the club? Idk its kinda inconveenyent (that word is hard. annoying?) because typing is weird but more on that in a sec!

Hold on. Moms waking up now so i gotta archive this for now. Wingnut says hes got limited memory space but ill upgrade him soon so i can talk to your more haha.

<3 <3 <3

less than three!
    cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 516)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    09:03:45
    13 December 3012

to [email protected]

- - -

Hi daddy.

So last leg (haha or arm!! hahahahaha Wingnut says thats terrible) of my awesome adventure! :)))))

So like i was sitting there and i didnt really know where to go cause there were trees everywhere blocking the way and im pretty short. And the big metal pokemon was dead so that was okay i guess but i didnt know if more would find me?

So i was stumped for a bit and Wingnut didnt know what to do and then we saw this rotted out car and i realized i could just use the radiator from there and wire it up to a breaker to regulate current and heat output before attaching it to the engine (if i didnt have the other stuff the engine would probably be fine but it would get really hot and i mite explode haha)! Like itd be hard without gasoline because i bet it was all evaporated (it looked really old) but i figured if i siphoned as much as i could from all the cars on the street id probably have enough! Especially if i managed a really efficient car engine i wouldnt even need that much! And okay yeah so i left my toolkit back in beacon but it woudnlt be that hard to salvage stuff if i looked hard enough!

haha so i was ready to start this and then Wingnut pointed out that i couldnt really build well with one hand and i probably couldnt handle the engine. :( so then i figured i could just build another arm. there were some parts in one of the cars and i figured i could just jack the alternator from it (i felt bad but i didnt think they were going to come back for there car and i could just put it back together later?) and then run current through it from the engine i was gonna use to build my awesome homefinding device or i could just use the car battery! Wingnut suggested that actually so i cant take credit haha but that was a much easier idea. And that was cool and i didnt really need a complicated arm anyway. You only need two fingers and a thumb to hold a screwdriver! I think thats a really cool phrase and everyone should say it. Wingnut doesnt agree :((((

So anyway it took me a lot longer than normal. Building with one arm is hard haha but it got a lot easier when i got my new arm attached! I didnt have the materials to make it respond to my muscle movement because all of my stuff was back in beacon, but i figured itd be okay for the time being. And then i build a wingnut! I kinda stole the idea from the big metal pokemon and Wingnut said hed be cool if i gave him actual wings (and hes already nuts hahaha dont tell him i said that!! :3333) so i build this big metal bird of my own and then we took off! It wasnt terribly aerodynamic but i took out the flapping stuff for an ion engine because those are really cool and i actually got enough thrust for liftoff which was awesome!! Steering was really hard but like we got up high enough and looked around for the lake and just flew toward it!

Mom was suuuuuperfreaked out haha. And she seemed a lot more worried about me than i was. I just built stuff. Its kinda what i always do i guess. I wasnt even that fast this time so like really i didnt get what the big deal was.

Anyway so now im on bedrest and im not allowed to get out of my room until my arm gets better. Or like my armstump i guess? I dunno. It started smelling bad before i got back to beacon but they said the infections all gone but they want to keep me here for a bit to check. So its just you and me and Wingnut for now. When im done im definitely gonna fix my hand to be cooler though. I already have so many ideas!

Yeah so that was my week. Kinda exciting I guess? :)

Mom didnt think i was awake last night but i heard her talking to some of her friends and she said i did the impossible. She said that there was no way i couldve survived out there alone and its a miracle i made it. I dunno how i feel about that but i guess thats true? Wingnut helped a lot.

But then i thought about it some more. And i want to ask something. If i did the impossible last week do you think
    do you think maybe youcould too?

i miss you

alot

idunno if its too hard to ask then thats okay. Wingnuts says it probably wont happen so i wont hope too hard

but okay you can come whenever you have time and ill just keep wishing and waiting okay?

<3 <3 <3

less than three!
    cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 842)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    21:07:52
    16 December 3012

to [email protected]

- - -

Hi daddy.

Sorry its been so long since we last talked. Mom got kinda mad at me last time for staying up so late (teehee) so she said no more using the computer until my arm healed up better. :(((( Its been pretty boring and i didnt have much else to say. No PEW PEW PEW monsters flying in across the walls or anything. Mom took away my tools too so its been super duper boring and i kinda just sit around all day. Idunno if you wanna hear about that cause i certainly dont want to retell it. It was boring enough the first time!

Are you good at building stuff too? I asked mom about it a couple of times and she said that your actually pretty rubbish with your hands. Like you do this crazy thing called coding (she says its like where you talk to machines but in a funny language so i guess its kinda like what im doing now?) and you make computers do useful things like math and stuff. Im trying to teach Wingnut math but i dont actually know it really good so its a little hard. Mom has to help me a lot on the algebra stuff. Graphing is hard. Wingnut says that he can try to teach me stuff too but its hard because he doesnt have hands to draw pictures.

I should work on that.

Speaking of hands (!!) I have so many ideas for my new hand! Its gonna be really cool! Mom was really upset at first but i tried to explain how cool it would be when i could do crazy stuff with a second arm like shoot lasers or stick to walls or have a rocket engine or i dont know really but im gonna put something cool in it! Maybe i can make it really long or something so i can reach stuff thats up high. That would be super useful. Except it might drag on the ground hmmm.

I should teach Wingnut how to play more games with me. Hed probably win at things like chasing (he can cheat because he can fly) but i dont think hes very good at hide and seek. I dont think he likes it very much either because i win all the time because hes so big and shiny that hes really easy to find.

Do you know any good games?

<3 <3 <3

less than three!
    cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 410)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    21:34:15
    21 December 3012

to [email protected]

- - -

Hi daddy.

Great news! Mom says I can finally get out of bed.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE. ^^' ^^
    I SAY ITS A SMILEY FACE BUT
    sorry I got the capital letter key stuck
    I say its a smiley face but Wingnut tells me its two exponential signs and an apostrophe stuck together. I have no idea what either of those things are. Ohdear.

Anyway. I spent the whole day running around beacon! Im pretty sure people were staring at me funny and i knocked into this old guy but wheeeeee. It was so awful just sitting around all day. So I tried running around extra hard to make up for all the days i lost sitting around, and then i got to start building again. Wingnut got some tinkering and then i tried to play hide and seek. I was right. Hes really bad at hiding. But hes really good at seeking. Dont tell him but i think its because he peeks when i hide (or because i gave him infrared vision in the last update haha thats actually definitely it why didnt he tell me this Wingut you cheater!! D:< thats my angry face. it looks like an evil smiley face but backwards! >:D)

Oh and so today i tried to make my hand shoot rockets.

um

the less said about that the better.

Wingnut says that people probably wont notice the crater since we covered it up so well BUT YOU CANT TELL MOM OKAY?? Shell get really mad at me and take my tools away for like a month (!!) (D:) no one really used that basement anyway so its okay that it collapsed.

right?

I mean Wingnut says no.

I probably wont try to make rocket hands again. At least not until i learn more about rockets.

What do you think I should do?

<3 <3 <3

less than three!
    cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 311)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    22:27:39
    24 December 3012

to [email protected]

- - -

Hi daddy.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

I dont even know what to say im so exciiiiiteeed. Today is the best day ever (well okay tomorrow is the best day ever). Today. Is. CHRISTMAS. Eve. Which means tomorrow is christmas. But its gonna be great.

Words cannot describe. Anyway. I dunno how much Mom told you,but its this super-old holiday that got passed down through her family for like centuries. For FOREVER. I dont even know. A lot of people in beacon have no idea what christmas is but i feel like they should all learn because basically its the coolest thing ever.

So like you put your socks out over a fire and leave them there for a while. And then the socks burn up. I dont know why we have that but Mom says its super important and it probably made a lot more sense back when they made the holiday which is so long ago that they still burned wood inside to keep warm. That seems really silly. What if your house burns down?

Okay and then this guy called santa comes around on this giant flying spaceship and brings storms and rain and he will fly around and visit all the children in the world on his rain spaceship (and I think there are deer in the rain? Idunno). And he burns up the bad kids with coal but he gives the good kids cool stuff! Yay cool stuff! And then theres this country called Turkey and everyone eats it. Sounds kinda gritty but apparently its good. Also theres a baby and you throw straw at him or something but that sounds really silly.

Anyway thats christmas. Today is christmas so it will be the best day ever.

Well today is not quite christmas. But im going to try to stay up late until midnight so that it can be tomorrow already. Im too exicted to sleep anyway.

<3 <3 <3

less than three!
    cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 327)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    22:31:05
    04 February 3013

to [email protected]

- - -

Hi daddy.

Today i realized something sad. Not that my grammar sucks or that Wingnut is my only real friend or that maybe we're going to die (but Wingnut told me all of that as well, so :/). Something worse. A lot worse. Im sorry. It makes me sad to think about it, though.

I get why Wingnut told me that <3 was such a pun when i was writing to you and now it makes me a little sick inside, like my stomach is being squished by something really heavy. He told me about the logical operations and everything with math and some other fancy words and squiggles that negate statements and lines that prove them, but <3 is less than three and it looks like a heart. I thought that was the original pun but today Wingnut reminded me that it was something more and the realization was worse than the time that i was going to be eaten by skarmory. At least with the skarmory there was something i could do about it. Here theres nothing i can do and i cant even tell mom because shell probably be mad at me for writing to you. :(

But you and mom and me are three people who are a family. We are three people who are a family and we should always be three because there are three of us and we were meant to be together

But without you we are just
    not
    we arent three when you are gone
    we are less
    we are less than three
    i love you and i miss you a lot even though i hardly remember your face, daddy.

Wingnut is mean to not tell me this until now.

<3 <3 <3

less than three.

cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 301)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    15:12:45
    12 February 3012

to [email protected]

- - -

Hi daddy.

Today i have decided to do nothing but talk about being silly. Yesterday was very sad and it makes me sad to look at it so im going to stop reading through the archives for a bit because theyre sad. Today shall be the start of cheerful me! But i think today will be funny and my life is very silly anyway so i figured i would try it. Mom says i am too serious now and that i should lighten up. Wingnut says i should offer to give her a hand with her work around beacon.

Get it. Give her a hand?

This doesnt sound very funny but i kind of think its hilarious. I wonder if my hand is floating around somewhere in the forest. a little stumpy hand or something. A beartic probably ate it or something. Do beartic come down this far south? Maybe the other one, hmmm. The ursaring is what Mom calls them. I think theyre silly because they have this giant target painted on their bellies like theyre saying "hmmm please hit me right here in the center of this big circle pew pew pew pow!" Like seriously. The baby versions of the ursaring have a moon on their stomach. Thats really cool. "fwweeee lunar powers" and stuff. I wonder if they can fly to the moon. Thatd be neat. But the ursaring just have a giant ring. Do they have ring powers?

Wingnut says its supposed to be a full moon but i think thats silly. Like. The moon isnt a donut. Gosh Wingnut. And he thinks hes so smart. lol

^that stands for laugh out loud! I am not laughing out loud right now because Mom might here me and then shed ask what im doing and that would be bad haha. I mean lol.

lol looks like a person cheering. like, the little ls are the arms and the o is the head or something. I wonder what they are cheering about?

hmmmm if I painted little arms on the side of an ursaring ring, it would look like an lol. I wonder if that would make the ursaring laugh out loud too haha.

Anyway. Thats all I have for today.

Ursaring are weird.

<3 <3 <3

less than three

cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 384)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,281 (0 Banked)

initializing...
    initializing...
    network access failure.
    backup network found.

DATE ARCHIVED:
    15:12:45
    02 June 3012

to [email protected]

- - -

Hi daddy.

It has been quiet here.

It has been quiet here for a while now.

It has been quiet here for a while now but Wingnut says he can feel something coming on the wind. Something big something mysterious something that he thinks will change everything just like the skarmory, just like the comet, just like all of the other big things that drop into my life without knocking first.

Otherwise i dont know what else to tell you. i usually tell Wingnut that he is silly for pretending he can know things that havent happened yet but this time I can feel it too. Beacon has been quieter now and i can watch from my room as all of the people go about their lives like they always do but this time they are quieter. I think its because the snow is finally melting and all of the cold and danger is finally going away.

I tried to make my hand into a grappling hook last week. I thought it would be fun and I could go all PEW PEW PEW CLIMBING ON THE WALLS LIKE MOM. I would point my hand and be all like 'yeah i want to go there' and then FWOOOSH my grabbling hookhand would fly over there and then FWOOOOOSH i would fly over there too.

I got through one prototype before Mom said i should stop before i hurt myself D:

So of course i decided to try it later on at night when she thought i was sleeping. Wingnut said i would probably hurt myself too.

They were both right lol and the next morning mom was all 'why is there a crater in this section of the wall' and i was all 'idk mom i was sleeping like you told me to! :D' and hiding my grappling hookhand behind my back so she wouldnt see that id broken off three of the fingers and all of the hookhand.

heh. I think she fell for it? You cant tell her okay.

<3 <3 <3

less than three

cam

OOC: word count (ignores headers: 348)

11. Likes ~WinterVines liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast