User Tag List

Thread: The Housekeeping Thread

Now with Mega Evolution Staff AlumniURPG Staff swiftgallade46's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,065 (0 Banked)

Default The Housekeeping Thread

Banner by Morru

Welcome to the housekeeping thread! Let's consider URPG, for a moment, as if it were a house. Now obviously URPG is constantly partying, so it would stand to reason that our house can get a bit messy. That's where this thread (and you) come in! We need your help to point out the areas of URPG that need cleaning up, or updating. In this thread, please report any of the following issues so that our wonderful mods know what to fix:

• Typos, misspellings, or grammatical errors
    • Errors or inconsistencies (if it says anywhere that Sunkern can learn Sacred Fire, report that here)
    • Areas that need updating (i.e. Gym Leader List, Banned Members List, List of Referees, Ref Quiz, etc.)
    • Broken images or links (Self-explanatory)
    • Errors in a specific section (i.e. Refpedia, Story Ranks, etc.)
    • AIM/Skype/Discord Errors (i.e. Chat not working properly, people who aren't admins that should be, etc.; keep in mind that not all of these are fixable by a mod, and some may require a fix on your end)
    • Anything else that you feel needs correcting or updating as long as it pertains to the URPG Forums or Chats

Please allow some time after posting your report for the item in question to be fixed. You may double-post (as long as it isn't excessive), but please avoid spamming the same error report until it gets fixed. Also, keep in mind that any errors or inconsistencies with the UltraDex should be reported in a different thread. Thanks for your help. Together we can vacuum, polish, scrub and sweep URPG till it shines!
    Last edited by Soulmaster; 11-28-17 at 09:55 PM.
    My URPG Stats!
    Saffron City Gym Stats!
    Ask me to ref on URPG's Discord Server!

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    22,573 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

• I'm listed as Felly under the Hall of Fame under Retired Officials on Infohub. Everywhere else on the Infohub has me listed as Mistral, so I feel like that should be updated for consistency's sake.
    • Coincidentally, I'm also listed on the current staff list on the URPG Rules page on Infohub. None of the recent staff updates for Officials and Mods have been put there either.
    • It's also been brought to my attention that some of the banners I made for some URPG pages were broken because Photobucket happened. I went through Infohub to see which ones were used, and I've gotten those off of Photobucket and rehosted them onto Imgur. The only one that wasn't on Infohub was the Legend Log, which was used on the forums. I'm sure there's others on the forums that need to be rehosted as well, but I'm not digging through a bunch of forum threads to see which ones need to be rehosted. If you see any other broken images that were done by me, let me know (on Discord, preferably), and I'll get them. All the images I'm aware of are in the spoiler below.
    • Carrying off from the banners thing, those are all listed as "made by Felly," and they should probably be changed to "made by Mistral" instead.

Spoiler:
    DPPt Contests - For the DPPt Move List.

Legend Log - This one is on the forums.

Payments - This one is under the URPG Rules.

BW Contests - For the BW Move List. I know BW contests are no longer a thing, but the page is still on the Infohub, and I figure it'd be better to have a nice image there than the "lel Photobucket sucks now and we're breaking all y'all's images" image instead if y'all are gonna keep the page up there.

Talk Is Cheap
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    108 (630 Banked)

http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/sho...ject-N-U-K-E-M
    Link in the first post of this thread is incorrect.

"http://urpg.monbrey.com.au/info/?page=general-projectnukem"
    Should be:
    "http://urpg.monbrey.com.au/info/general/project-nukem/"
    "Because it's always been this way" should never be an excuse to maintain a broken system.

URPG StaffAce Member ModeratorAdministrator Elrond's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,837 (0 Banked)

The National Park subforum description here and on PXR:

"Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!"

"Your" should be "you're".

5. Likes Monbrey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,235 (25 Banked)

This is going to be an obnoxiously big post but here's hoping it's helpful! Sorting it by forum category and then going through all the stickied info posts to find errors, broken links, data that doesn't match the infohub, other misc. problems, etc. This post is only for PWN, and I might make a similar post over on PXR since a lot of the errors are repeated there, but not all.

I haven't listed or checked all sections of the forum, only those most relevant to the URPG as far as I can discern.

Community Forums

New and Announcements

• In the Forum/Staff Changes thread, several of most recent changes have not been posted about, judging by other posts or comments made by staff in the Discord. Could stand to be updated. It notably doesn't include Mistral's resignation, which is detailed in a separate thread and post in the section, for example.
    • Unclear if this post about staff roles in the Community Rules thread is up-to-date, as it was last edited in April, and it seems there have been staff changes since then. May possibly need updating as a result?
    • The PWN Discord Server thread links only to the PWN server, and not the overall discord server used between forums, or the Invitationals server. It may be splitting up the userbase and reducing activity as a result. Perhaps consider consolidating or including all the relevant links in one place instead?
    • This post for staff applications expired June 30th.
    • This post also only links to the PWN server, but it's fairly buried. May also contribute to split or low activity.

Feedback and Questions
    • The Name Change thread hasn't been updated or checked in two months.
    • Questions & FAQ mentions a list of moderators for quick reference, but doesn't link to that list in that specific answer. This may confuse those who don't think the second answer applies to their question, and overlook the links in it's answer.

Welcomes
    • It may be helpful to have a mod post stickied here, with a template of information it would be nice for new members to post about in their welcome threads.

General

General Stickies
    • The URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions thread has a dead link to the old hub in it's opening post.
    • The Starter Request's opening post has several dead links to BMG in it. It also has a dead link to the old infohub in it. It also directly says that URPG is on the Bulbagarden forums when it no longer is. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • In the Mentor / Apprentice program thread, the top post hasn't been updated to reflect current mentor / apprentice pairs in quite some time. The attached official document also hasn't been updated recently either.
    • Pokemon URPG InfoHub/UltraDex Errors Thread states that "TM/HM/BM/MT/SM: Requires PokéMart purchase". This may need to be clarified, as some TMS can be bought or obtained using other shops or methods, such as the Berry Shop.
    • Active URPG Discord List has a broken link to BMG in it above the banner. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • Staff Applications: February 2018 + Additional Announcement thread has expired for the staff applications portion. It also announces that SwiftGallade46 is stepping down, but this change is not reflected in the Forum/Staff Changes thread over in the community Forums.
    • In the Getting Started and URPG Guide thread, all the links to the hub or guide itself are broken.

Marketplace
    • The PokéMart lacks a template for buying things, unlike most other 'shops' in the URPG. Less of an error and more a lack of uniformity and convenience, but noted. This post thanks Gun6 for sprites that are not currently being used in the thread anywhere.
    • The Underground has a spelling / grammar error in the peter the rabbit Man info blurb, where it states that "but he always speak of a Daycare Center". The post also lacks the buying template many other 'shops' in the URPG use. Less of an error and more a lack of uniformity and convenience, but noted.
    • The Anniversary Gift Program has a dead link to a list over on Bulbagarden that may be important for those trying to remember their join dates.
    • The Donation Pool hasn't seemed to update this last quarter. Not an outright error so much as something to note.
    • The Auction Room hasn't updated in two months. Not an outright error so much as something to note.

Trainer's Court

Trainer's Stats
    • The Project N.U.K.E.M. thread has a dead link to the infohub. It also has a dead Bulbagarden link in it.
    • The Legend Log thread has a dead link in it to the infohub.
    • The URPG Challenges thread has a dead infohub link. It also mentions prizes in another post, but these prizes have never been added and aren't listed in the current infohub either. this may be misleading for those wanting to complete challenges thinking they'll receive something at some point.
    • Trainer Stat Directory has a dead link to BMG in it, and also doesn't link to PXR. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Trainer Stats Rules & Example has a dead link to the old info hub. There is also a dead link to BMG. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.

Battles

Battles Stickies

• Apply For or Update a Gym has a dead infohub link. Also has a dead BMG link above the banner. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Legend Defender thread has a dead BMG link above the banner. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Hidden Power Rolling Log has a dead BMG link above the banner. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Reffing FAQ has a dead BMG link above the banner, ad twice in the information portion. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Champion, Elite Four & Gym Leaders thread has a dead link to BMG above the banner, as well as several times in the information section itself. It links to threads on various forums for further info as opposed to the infohub directly, and the old infohub link it does give is broken, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Reffing Encyclopedia thread has both dead BMG links and a dead infohub link. It also links to threads on various forums for further info as opposed to the infohub directly, in the same place it links to BMG.

Forum Battles

Tournaments

Stories

Stories Stickies
    • The Write-a-Roll 2018 thread is defunct as of 11:59 P.M. PST on WEDNESDAY, June 13th, 2018, as the competition has ended.
    • The Grader Log thread has a dead link to BMG, and its example leads to a dead Bulbagarden link.
    • The Story Information thread lacks a banner, and has a dead link to the old infohub.

Library
    • N/A

National Park

National Park Stickies

Ranger Logs

Main Pokemon RP

Beginner Pokemon RP
    • The Beginner RP: Front Gate thread incorrectly links to the defunct start-up guide and encyclopedia threads instead of directly to the infohub. Also has a dead link to the infohub where it mentions voice disks,

Individual Pokemon RP

Mission Event Pokemon RP

Contests

Contest Stickies

Forum Contests
    • The Forum Contest Rules thread has a dead BMG link. It also links to threads on various forums for further info as opposed to the infohub directly, in the same place it links to BMG. It also links to the dead infohub when it mentions the ribbon and earnings section of the encyclopedia.

Contest Results
    • N/A

Art Gallery

Art Stickies

Sketchbook Stickies

Archive Stickies
    • N/A

Onmyo Region

Since the entire project seems to have been canceled, any errors don't really matter here. perhaps consider removing the section or archiving it somehow to prevent confusion for future members?

Development

Development Stickies
    • N/A

7. Likes Mako liked this post
    Steel Soul Design TeamURPG StaffAdministratorSuper Moderator K'sariya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,977 (0 Banked)

I am ticking through these and crossing them out as I go. Ignoring the non-URPG boards at the moment, as the future of the others boards is currently uncertain. Thank you, Fenris, this was extremely helpful. I was looking to do this when I got my mod powers, but you made it that much quicker with this list!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    This is going to be an obnoxiously big post but here's hoping it's helpful! Sorting it by forum category and then going through all the stickied info posts to find errors, broken links, data that doesn't match the infohub, other misc. problems, etc. This post is only for PWN, and I might make a similar post over on PXR since a lot of the errors are repeated there, but not all.

I haven't listed or checked all sections of the forum, only those most relevant to the URPG as far as I can discern.

Community Forums

New and Announcements

• In the Forum/Staff Changes thread, several of most recent changes have not been posted about, judging by other posts or comments made by staff in the Discord. Could stand to be updated. It notably doesn't include Mistral's resignation, which is detailed in a separate thread and post in the section, for example.
    • Unclear if this post about staff roles in the Community Rules thread is up-to-date, as it was last edited in April, and it seems there have been staff changes since then. May possibly need updating as a result?
    • The PWN Discord Server thread links only to the PWN server, and not the overall discord server used between forums, or the Invitationals server. It may be splitting up the userbase and reducing activity as a result. Perhaps consider consolidating or including all the relevant links in one place instead?
    • This post for staff applications expired June 30th.
    • This post also only links to the PWN server, but it's fairly buried. May also contribute to split or low activity.

Feedback and Questions
    • The Name Change thread hasn't been updated or checked in two months.
    • Questions & FAQ mentions a list of moderators for quick reference, but doesn't link to that list in that specific answer. This may confuse those who don't think the second answer applies to their question, and overlook the links in it's answer.

Welcomes
    • It may be helpful to have a mod post stickied here, with a template of information it would be nice for new members to post about in their welcome threads.

General

General Stickies
    • The URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions thread has a dead link to the old hub in it's opening post.
    • The Starter Request's opening post has several dead links to BMG in it. It also has a dead link to the old infohub in it. It also directly says that URPG is on the Bulbagarden forums when it no longer is. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • In the Mentor / Apprentice program thread, the top post hasn't been updated to reflect current mentor / apprentice pairs in quite some time. The attached official document also hasn't been updated recently either. (This thread will be updated with the upcoming rework to this program! Unpinned for now.
    • Pokemon URPG InfoHub/UltraDex Errors Thread states that "TM/HM/BM/MT/SM: Requires PokéMart purchase". This may need to be clarified, as some TMS can be bought or obtained using other shops or methods, such as the Berry Shop.
    • Active URPG Discord List has a broken link to BMG in it above the banner. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG. Also redid the content there to reflect our current processes.
    • Staff Applications: February 2018 + Additional Announcement thread has expired for the staff applications portion. It also announces that SwiftGallade46 is stepping down, but this change is not reflected in the Forum/Staff Changes thread over in the community Forums.
    • In the Getting Started and URPG Guide thread, all the links to the hub or guide itself are broken.

Marketplace
    • The PokéMart lacks a template for buying things, unlike most other 'shops' in the URPG. Less of an error and more a lack of uniformity and convenience, but noted. This post thanks Gun6 for sprites that are not currently being used in the thread anywhere. Suggestion heeded, thank you!
    • The Underground has a spelling / grammar error in the peter the rabbit Man info blurb, where it states that "but he always speak of a Daycare Center". The post also lacks the buying template many other 'shops' in the URPG use. Less of an error and more a lack of uniformity and convenience, but noted. Corrected and heeded!
    • The Anniversary Gift Program has a dead link to a list over on Bulbagarden that may be important for those trying to remember their join dates. Unfortunately, I can't find the thread it links to in the archive. This one may have been lost to time.
    • The Donation Pool hasn't seemed to update this last quarter. Not an outright error so much as something to note. Dash did it in June, which was in the middle of the 2nd Quarter. Just going to wait til September (the end of the 3rd Quarter) to get it back on track.
    • The Auction Room hasn't updated in two months. Not an outright error so much as something to note. Will note to staff to hold a forum auction soon.

Trainer's Court

Trainer's Stats
    • The Project N.U.K.E.M. thread has a dead link to the infohub. It also has a dead Bulbagarden link in it.
    • The Legend Log thread has a dead link in it to the infohub.
    • The URPG Challenges thread has a dead infohub link. It also mentions prizes in another post, but these prizes have never been added and aren't listed in the current infohub either. this may be misleading for those wanting to complete challenges thinking they'll receive something at some point. A rework of this was in-progress. I'm going to talk to staff about reviving the work on it.
    • Trainer Stat Directory has a dead link to BMG in it, and also doesn't link to PXR. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Trainer Stats Rules & Example has a dead link to the old info hub. There is also a dead link to BMG. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG. I've done a full overhaul of this thread.

Battles

Battles Stickies

• Apply For or Update a Gym has a dead infohub link. Also has a dead BMG link above the banner. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Legend Defender thread has a dead BMG link above the banner. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG.
    • The Hidden Power Rolling Log has a dead BMG link above the banner. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG. Outdated, unpinned.
    • The Reffing FAQ has a dead BMG link above the banner, ad twice in the information portion. It also links to info in other threads instead of directly to the infohub, in the same place it links to BMG. Outdated, unpinned.
    • The Champion, Elite Four & Gym Leaders thread has a dead link to BMG above the banner, as well as several times in the information section itself. It links to threads on various forums for further info as opposed to the infohub directly, and the old infohub link it does give is broken, in the same place it links to BMG. [b]Unpinned this thread, merged its contents with Apply for or Update a Gym and changed the title.
    • The Reffing Encyclopedia thread has both dead BMG links and a dead infohub link. It also links to threads on various forums for further info as opposed to the infohub directly, in the same place it links to BMG.

Forum Battles

Tournaments

Stories

Stories Stickies
    • The Write-a-Roll 2018 thread is defunct as of 11:59 P.M. PST on WEDNESDAY, June 13th, 2018, as the competition has ended.
    • The Grader Log thread has a dead link to BMG, and its example leads to a dead Bulbagarden link.
    • The Story Information thread lacks a banner, and has a dead link to the old infohub. Fairly simple thread, not too worried about the banner. Nice eye, though!

Library
    • N/A

National Park

National Park Stickies

Ranger Logs
    • The Encounter Tracker/Capture Approval thread hasn't been updated since March. May be defunct and need to be unstickied.
    • The Run Completion thread hasn't been used since December of last year. May be defunct and need to be unstickied. Will repurpose this later for upcoming rework.
    • The Escape Attempts thread hasn't been used since March of 2017, and may be defunct. Consider removing the sticky status.

Main Pokemon RP

Beginner Pokemon RP
    • The Beginner RP: Front Gate thread incorrectly links to the defunct start-up guide and encyclopedia threads instead of directly to the infohub. Also has a dead link to the infohub where it mentions voice disks,

Individual Pokemon RP

Mission Event Pokemon RP

Contests

Contest Stickies

Forum Contests
    • The Forum Contest Rules thread has a dead BMG link. It also links to threads on various forums for further info as opposed to the infohub directly, in the same place it links to BMG. It also links to the dead infohub when it mentions the ribbon and earnings section of the encyclopedia.

Contest Results
    • N/A

Art Gallery

Art Stickies

Sketchbook Stickies

Archive Stickies
    • N/A

Onmyo Region

Since the entire project seems to have been canceled, any errors don't really matter here. perhaps consider removing the section or archiving it somehow to prevent confusion for future members?

Development

Development Stickies
    • N/A
    Last edited by K'sariya; 08-04-18 at 11:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,164 (0 Banked)

The page for Project NUKEM needs updating.
    It still lists the record for Meowstic as being swift's but that has been inaccurate since a while, since I took that record with 27 EMs. Also, swift's Meowstic had more than 15 EMs, I counted 22.
    The links towards my Eevee and Salamence should be updated, since I now host my stats on a third-party server.
    Eevee
    Salamence

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,554 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The Underground makes mention of "Frozen Rock" among evolutionary stones. This should be listed as "Frozen Stone" as per Pokemart.
    you'll see how it's faded
    Elrond - Today at 1:43 PM
    stop it morru we all know ur fursona is a Houndoom crossed with a thestral