User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Name Is This But I Will Call You...

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    616 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Default Your Name Is This But I Will Call You...

All of us have names (obviously). But sometimes, we call other people differently. Sometimes, we call them by their nicknames. Or from names derived from their real names.

How do you call your friends? Do you say their actual name? Or by their nickname? Or any other method?

For me, since I'm such a lazy bum, I call my friends on the significant syllable of their name. If your name is Daisy, I'll probably call you "Day" :P If it's Francis, most probably Frans XD And "Dan" for Danielle (gender's unimportant for that LOL). This is especially true for people with names you don't see everyday, such as Anne, Ted, etc. (Who names their kid Haggai (Hags)?)

How about yours? (:

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,410 (0 Banked)

Awwwwh your nicknames for people are so cute!

I tend to create random "cute" nicknames for people, that are usually fun twists on their name xD Or fun, not so clever twists haha! Sunny becomes Sunshine, Daisy becomes "flowerchild." Or names will end up ending in -bae or -baby. I also frequently call people honey without even realizing it.

Sometimes people will call me Smiley irl, and I think, how do you know?!

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    0 (0 Banked)

On Skype I call,every girl ik pumpkin honey or cupcake just to make them mad
    But I got no nick names

-Prototype Babe- Design TeamStaff AlumniAce Member TheProtobabe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,649 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

My name is Kelly and I get the occasional "Kel" now and then. My boyfriend refuses to call me this, though, because he associates it with the old 90's show Kenan and Kel XD

With other people, I do sometimes shorten their names, but only if I feel familiar and comfortable with them. Rachel=Rach, Tatiana=Tati, etc.

So, who thought I was dead? Staff Alumni Owl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    77 (0 Banked)

I have a couple of friends with nicknames but usually I use real names. As for me, again I'm called by my real name most of the time :3 Some people called me Sheppy or Shepster due to my surname being Shepherd, and some called me Jakey-poo in an annoying/affectionate kind of way xD

Spooky scary skeletons

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,410 (0 Banked)

I have another friend named Kelly who I always refer to as KelKel or Kellz n~n So cute!

How do people feel about the Americanized names some Asian individuals adopt when moving to America? Ex: Xiaoyu becoming Linda or something

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

So, who thought I was dead? Staff Alumni Owl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    77 (0 Banked)

I knew a chinese girl who arrived and decided that her english name was "Fanny". She got through 5 years of school with everybody kind of accepting it, then two weeks after she went to university she made a facebook post saying "I shall now be known as Sarah".

Spooky scary skeletons

That Radio Whirlwind Person IllusDark8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    84 (0 Banked)

My name's Mateo.
    Usually get called Matt as a nickname in real life. On the internet, I get called Illus.
    So, that's me. Hiya.

some day, my dream will find me Super Moderator Mistral's Avatar
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,186 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

My name's Audra irl, and sometimes people have trouble mispronouncing that, so I just let them use whatever they can get that's closest to that. It's usually Audrey or Audria, and I'm like "yep, close enough, gg." I have a group of friends from the library that call me Audrawr though. My mom also calls me Audrey on occasion.

Online, I'm Felly, and pretty much any variation of that I take. xD

As for Asians Americanizing their names when they come here, I can understand why because their names can be hard to pronounce. I had an Asian girl in my theatre class sophomore year, & she was really nice; she used her actual name instead of an Americanized name. I've met others that just Americanize their names. If using an Americanized name makes them more comfortable, than I don't see why not.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,740 (0 Banked)

My real name is Rose, but my entire life, people have called me Rosie. My friends like to shorten it down to Ro, and my sports coach liked to call me R2D2 because RD are my initials. :3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast