User Tag List

Thread: Inside the PokeBall / PC

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,691 (0 Banked)

Default Inside the PokeBall / PC

What's it like in there? Does it depend on the Pokeball? Do you imagine the Pokemon getting a fully-furnished apartment with water and electricity (or a mini volcano / tub for ground and fire Pokemon)? Can the Pokemon chill with each other across Pokeballs, like an open house event with martinis? What's it like being healed in the Pokeball at the Pokemon Center?

And what's the deal with when the Pokemon pop out?? What is the science happening there?

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,911 (0 Banked)

I believe Pokéballs operate under the idea of reducing matter to energy and storing it suchly. I believe Pokémon exist as a natural opposite of this process, as living energy that turns to matter to take form, hence the formation of Pokémon species from manmade waste.

Pokéballs then would keep Pokémon in a state of energy, leaving them in an incorporeal half-sleep inside the balls. It is unlikely to be more than cognitively unpleasant, hence why Pokémon that prefer to be outside of their balls are rare. Most don't mind the peaceful snooze, but some love life and/or freedom too much to stay inside.

Being healed in the Pokémon centre is likely a simple process of adding energy in specific places to fill out damage and restore health. Maybe medicines are involved as well to fix specific problems that can't just be filled in with healthy energy.

Pokémon socialization from carried Pokéballs to another is unlikely. A trainer should regularly let their Pokémon out together so they can interact. However, I think the PC storage is more likely to allow them to interact and snooze together within the same box. I do not like to catch more than the team I intend to use.

URPG Stats Siggy pic by Manaphy72
    URPG Pokémon Index | URPG Trainer Card

- Grotle Evolves Post #2193

Hungry Eyes~ Super Moderator Tactician Karina's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    9,035 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

I've never really thought about it actually, I don't think they've ever gone into detail about it either? Maybe when they're in their pokeball they are in a comfy like resting state? I don't know, I think there will be lots of holes in detail if the series ever tries to explain it. In the Pokemon manga you can see the Pokemon in a miniature size inside the pokeball, but I don't know if that's the case with the games and anime. As for the PC it's shown in the anime (with Ash's Pokemon at least) they are at Oak's lab in a large property, but I'm not sure if that's the case for any other trainer, and in the games it's just our Pokemon inside a computer I guess.

This is why I don't bother thinking about it, it's too confusing to think about how this would work lol. But the theories produced are fun to read at least!

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,531 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't it be cool if it was like a little house though- Like I Dream Of Genie style? A little round house with certain nice things in it which depend on the pokeball or even the pokemon type? Like, maybe ultraballs have more fancy house stuff, maybe other types of balls might have something to entice the pokemon to stay, like a pool for a net ball, or a warm fireplace for a nest ball!
    It makes me giggle thinking about that- just throwing houses at pokemon and forcing them to do a 3 second house inspection to decide whether to live there forever. Talk about a tough property market!

5. Likes Tactician Karina liked this post