Thread: Gen VI Run: WinterVines

Avid Roleplayer ChainReaction01's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    42 (0 Banked)

BP #4

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

When Karasu landed next to Mizuki, the woman was quick to rub the Honchkrow's hat affectionately. She congratulated the Pokemon on a job well done, and Karasu replied with a strangely high-pitched chirping sound. I was happy to see the bond between these two was strong; it was always a pain to shepherd through the Park a Trainer who didn't really respect their Pokemon.

Mizuki looked up and saw the Gourgeist gathering energy. She acted with her usual quickness. "Karasu, quickly, try to Quash that beam into the floor and strike with Wing Attack," she said. "This will be over soon."

The Dark-type hopped forwards, finally preparing to face its opponent in direct combat. The Wild Pokemon started to squeal, and the noise grew in pitch. When it was almost unbearably loud, a simply massive blast of golden energy rocketed down the hallway. Karasu threw her wings up towards the ceiling, and then just as the Solarbeam crashed into her, she brought her wings crashing down. It was like looking at how a ninja slapped away an arrow. There was a thunderous detonation and a bright flash completely blinded me. Thankfully, my right eye-which was protected by my Aura Reader-was protected by a flash screen, and I recovered the use of it after a couple of seconds. Karasu was already flying towards the Gourgeist, in a straight line for a change. The Flying-type seemed to be in relatively good shape, although it had definitely taken some damage from the Gourgeist's attack. The Honchkrow rammed its wings into the Wild Pokemon and sent it flying. I watched the Gourgeist get to its feet shakily as Karasu wheeled back to Mizuki. It didn't seem like it was interested in counter-attacking; the stress of battling against a Pokemon that had a complete type advantage was finally getting to it.

It was only thanks to my Aura Reader that I saw Specialle poke her head back through the floor. This time, however, she emerged up to her shoulders. The Dusknoir moaned a greeting to Mizuki; apparently the woman's unorthodox battling style had merited the Ghost-type's approval. This raised my opinion of Mizuki, as Specialle had never yet been wrong about a person's character.

"So, got any news for me?" I asked my Pokemon.

She communicated her message to me in a language of groans, grunts and the occasional squeak. Specialle could actually use her latent psychic abilities to speak in English, but doing so was very tiring so I had made the effort to learn her speech. The mental network Dual maintained within our team helped a lot too.

The message Specialle relayed to me was not one I was happy with. As it turned out, she wasn't the only Pokemon of mine running around the Ruined Manor.

"Go hunt him down," I said through gritted teeth. "Tell him to get his arse to me as soon as possible and that I am very unimpressed."

Specialle made a long groan and pointed at me with one of her spectral arms.

"I know I could do it myself but he probably wouldn't listen to me. At least you could bring him here by force."

The Dusknoir grunted unhappily but faded back into the floor. I shoved my fists into my pockets and turned resolutely back into the battle. I certainly hadn't expected Dual's "training expedition" to be "find the nearest Legendary Pokemon and piss them off as much as possible".

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

Quirky Female Honchkrow: 61% (used Quash, Wing Attack)

??? Female Gourgeist: 21%, PAR, LS-4 (used Solarbeam)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Mizuki
    Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Yamask, Darkrai, Gourgeist
    Pokemon Captured: Female Careful Sableye
    CC since last Encounter: 24253 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Quirky F Greninja 73%
    Name: Kaeruichi
    Ability: Protean
    EMs: Surf, Waterfall

Impish F Gengar 100%
    Name: ChristmasPast
    Ability: Levitate
    EMs: Strength, Thunderbolt, Explosion, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Will-o-Wisp, Hidden Power Flying, Substitute, Attract, Psych Up, Toxic, Protect, Energy Ball, Snatch, Focus Punch, Psychic, Torment, Counter, Ice Punch, Rest, Giga Drain, Focus Blast, Sleep Talk, Fire Punch, Skill Swap, Trick Room, Swagger, Dazzling Gleam, Icy Wind, Pain Split, Disable, Perish Song, Knock Off, Foul Play, Haze

Hasty M Drapion 100%
    Name: Kurai
    Ability: Battle Armor
    EMs: Aerial Ace, Payback, Toxic, Taunt, Protect, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Substitute, Roar, Earthquake, Brick Break, Bulldoze, Iron Tail, Rock Tomb, Thief, Rest, Sleep Talk, Agility, Confuse Ray, Aqua Tail

Quirky F Honchkrow ACTIVE
    Name: Karasu
    Ability: Insomnia
    EMs: Thunder Wave, Psych Up, Icy Wind, Roost, Brave Bird, Drill Peck, Whirlwind, Quick Attack, Heat Wave, Superpower

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Park Ball x3, Hyperball x2, Superball x3, Apricorn Box

~~~~~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,814 (0 Banked)

TP#11

Before Karasu could reach the Gourgeist, the ghost fired off the Solarbeam. A golden beam of light filled the hallway, creating harsh flashes of brightness that made Zu’s eyes sting. The Honchkrow wasn’t bothered, however, even as part of the attack washed over her. She simply flew up and dived down with her wings raised to slap. The force knocked the beam into the floor where light expanded and then disappeared.

Karasu wasted no time in following up the deviation technique with her attack, flashing her wings fiercely against the ghost’s body. The Gourgiest went skidding over the floor, which was impressive. Even if it looked to be the smaller variety, it was still a pumpkin and fairly heavy. Karasu meant business.

The crow then beat a retreat and joined Mizuki again, spreading her wings in defiance before lowering them again. The battle was pleasing her since it was going in her favor. Strangely enough, the pumpkin wasn’t following. She didn’t even try to initiate any sort of attack.

Now that Zu looked at her, the ghost did seem really tired. Now and then a flicker of static lightning could be seen—wrapped snuggly around the wild Pokemon’s limbs. That probably wasn’t pleasant either. It was time to end this, then.

Suddenly, the Dusknoir returned, floating up halfway through the floor to greet her Trainer. However, the ghost turned to Zu for a second, calling out in eerie tones what the woman thought was a greeting. In response, she smiled and waved.

“So, got any news for me?” Chainy asked her.

What proceeded was a story in the ghost’s natural speak. Mizuki didn’t really understand it since it wasn’t her Pokemon, but she could read the Rangers slowly-changing face well enough. When it was done, he looked pretty ticked off. “Go hunt him down,” Chainy bit out. “Tell him to get his arse to me as soon as possible and that I am very unimpressed.”

The ghost grumbled but phased back through the floor. Whatever it was, it didn’t sound good. Zu guessed it must’ve been one of Chainy’s other Pokemon. Were they around somewhere?

“Trouble?” she asked lightly, glancing over to him as she dug under her cloak for a Super Ball. He would either answer or not. If it wasn’t going to impact them drastically in the next few minutes, it could probably wait a second.

“Karasu,” she called. “We’re going to try and capture her now. She looks too tired to go on for much longer seriously. With your Assurance, this can work,” Zu said as she held out the capture device to the bird.

The Honchkrow nimbly picked it up in her beak, getting ready to fly off. Assurance was a lower strength move that wouldn’t do too much damage. It would just help Karasu make the capture, helping her guide the ball to its target with her wing. Then they could deal with their next problem.

URPG Stats
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator | Judge
    Park Characters | AH: Ixin - Damian | Legend Tracker
    AIM/Discord: WinterVines
    Hatches at 1495

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    42 (0 Banked)

BP #5

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

I was cheesed off enough that I barely registered what Mizuki was doing. However, I knew that I was probably confusing Mizuki, and I had my job to do, so I forced myself back towards the battle. Karasu was diving straight towards the Gourgeist, which was definitely looking very tired. Its long pink hair was drooping instead of swaying like it normally did, probably from a combination of battle fatigue and the stress of using Solarbeam. Whatever the reason, it only barely had the energy to attempt to dodge Karasu's attack, and it didn't even manage that. The Honchkrow swiped at the Wild Pokemon like a jilted woman would slap an ex-lover (not that I would know). The strike knocked the Gourgeist onto its side, and when it tried to get up, its lower body spasmed wildly.

This was the perfect time to attempt a capture; when the Pokemon was weakened and open, but before it was in danger of fainting. Mizuki seemed to know this too; she pulled out a regulation Super Ball and threw it at the Grass-type. The sphere made contact with the Pokemon on its dark lower body, and the Pokemon was converted into red energy and absorbed. Karasu wheeled back towards Mizuki as the capture device shook, but it only moved for a few seconds before laying still.

"Good battle," I said to Mizuki as I walked over to pick the ball up. "I'm sure Specialle would agree. It's just a pity she couldn't be here for the conclusion; she's off chasing down my errant Gallade. Dual really does mean well, but he can be a bit single-minded when it comes to his training."

As I straightened up and tucked the ball away in my pocket, I heard a slight creaking sound. Down the corridor, closer to Mizuki than myself, a door was slowly sliding open. There was some movement near the floor, and I saw a Pokemon stick its head out. It was shaped like an old-fashioned latern, with long black arms and a blue flame burning inside the bulb that was its head. Two yellow eyes looked up at the ninja curiously.

"I don't suppose you want to try capturing a Lampent?" I asked Mizuki as I walked back.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Yamask, Darkrai, Gourgeist, Lampent
    Pokemon Captured: Female Careful Sableye, Female Sassy Small Gourgeist
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Quirky F Greninja 73%

Impish F Gengar 100%
    EMs: Strength, Thunderbolt, Explosion, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Will-o-Wisp, Hidden Power Flying, Substitute, Attract, Psych Up, Toxic, Protect, Energy Ball, Snatch, Focus Punch, Psychic, Torment, Counter, Ice Punch, Rest, Giga Drain, Focus Blast, Sleep Talk, Fire Punch, Skill Swap, Trick Room, Swagger, Dazzling Gleam, Icy Wind, Pain Split, Disable, Perish Song, Knock Off, Foul Play, Haze

Hasty M Drapion 100%
    EMs: Aerial Ace, Payback, Toxic, Taunt, Protect, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Substitute, Roar, Earthquake, Brick Break, Bulldoze, Iron Tail, Rock Tomb, Thief, Rest, Sleep Talk, Agility, Confuse Ray, Aqua Tail

Quirky F Honchkrow 61%
    EMs: Thunder Wave, Psych Up, Icy Wind, Roost, Brave Bird, Drill Peck, Whirlwind, Quick Attack, Heat Wave, Superpower

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Park Ball x3, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Apricorn Box

~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,814 (0 Banked)

TP#12

The capture device clicked closed and stayed locked. Mizuki’s body unwound slightly, though she’d never be able to fully relax—not even when at rest.

“Good battle,” Chainy said as he went over to pocket the ball. “I’m sure Specialle would agree. It’s just a pity she couldn’t be here for the conclusion; she’s off chasing down my errant Gallade. Dual really does mean well, but he can be a bit single-minded when it comes to his training.”

She knew people that were pretty single-minded too. The Gallade must’ve been the reason for his frustration earlier. Did he have something to do with the Darkrai? Although it seemed possible, Zu didn’t think that was all. The legend had been staring at her too intently.

Before they could leave the area, a door creaked open. Zu whirled on instinct, the dart chute flying into her fingers automatically. She quickly tucked it away once she realized it was just another wild Pokemon, but the instant response of her body was starting to worry her. At least she hadn’t palmed a senbon.

A lantern-shaped Pokemon poked its head out, peering at them with yellow eyes. Its flames were blue instead of the natural red, but it was still highly recognizable as a Fire-type. When the Ranger caught sight of it, he asked, “I don’t suppose you want to try capturing a Lampent?”

Zu shook her head while her camera made its way into her hand again. “I think I’ll pass this time. My last encounter with fire was… interesting, but not something I want to repeat just yet.”

Instead, she lined up a short for study later. Lampent was a Ghost-type, and those were often handy in her sort of work. If she changed her mind about the fire aspect, it would be good to have options open.

URPG Stats
    Hatches at 1495

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    42 (0 Banked)

NBP #6

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

“I think I’ll pass this time. My last encounter with fire was… interesting, but not something I want to repeat just yet,” Mizuki said, shaking her head gently.

"Fair enough," I replied. I had a dislike of fire, but that was mostly because of the heat it gave off as opposed to its inherent destructive nature. This showed in my choice of Pokemon partners; not one of them was Fire-typed, and very few even used Fire-type techniques. Coincidentally, Specialle and Dual were the only ones. Meta had the theoretical ability, but showed no wish to learn, which I was fine with.

The woman pulled out a thin camera and took a picture of the Fire-type. There was a quick flash of light to better illuminate the area, and the Lampent squeaked in fear. It disappeared behind the door, pulling it shut as it fled. A smile crossed my face; just because a Pokemon had power didn't mean it had the disposition to want to use it.

With a wave of my hand I led Mizuki further down the corridor. Some of the doors were open and some were closed, but none of them piqued my interest and the young woman seemed to be happy to follow. After about a minute of walking, we came to a pair of finely carved double doors, which were swung wide open. I peered through the doors and saw that they opened onto a balcony that led around an inner courtyard. The courtyard was small, more for sitting than running around it. It consisted of a tree and a couple rosebushes on a small lawn.

A bark interrupted my observation, and I looked down to see a small black dog at my feet. It was growling and wagging its tail at me; I couldn't quite tell if it was defending its territory or asking to play. I asked Mizuki if she wanted to battle it while I took a few steps backwards.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 9 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Yamask, Darkrai, Gourgeist, Lampent, Poochyena

Pokemon Statistics:

Quirky F Greninja 73%

Impish F Gengar 100%

Hasty M Drapion 100%

Quirky F Honchkrow 61%

Item Statistics:

Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Park Ball x3, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Apricorn Box

~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,814 (0 Banked)

TP#13

The Ranger didn’t seem to have an exact destination in mind, but he wasn’t really stopping to take the scenic route either. The manor was in pretty rough shape, but it was still standing strong. A multitude of doors led into unknown places, but Chainy passed those up.

Eventually, they came to a set of double doors that led out into a courtyard of sorts. It was small, but it did have foliage. It reminded her of her father’s garden at home, decorated with serene spots to meditate and watch the Qwilfish in the ponds.

Nostalgia hit her for a moment, but she dismissed it. This wasn’t the same place. It had probably changed by now anyway, with the shifting seasons. Then again, nothing much about her father ever seemed to change.

A small hyena-dog suddenly ran up, mock-growling at Chainy’s feet. At least, that’s what it sounded like. It could’ve been threatening, but the Poochyena was also wagging its tail which was usually the sign of playfulness. Unless it was in cats.

The Ranger asked if Zu wanted to battle with a gesture, but the girl shook her head. If needed, she could use those strange devices they had to distract it. Maybe it was good at fetch.

URPG Stats
    Hatches at 1495

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    42 (0 Banked)

NBP #7

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Almost as soon as I started asking Mizuki if she wanted the Poochyena, she started shaking her head. Apparently mystical ninjas had no use for yappy little dogs. Thankfully, I had a little trick I could use to try and trick the Dark-type into leaving. I held up a closed fist and jiggled it like something was inside, a treat or a toy. The dog instantly stopped growling and sat down on its backside, its tail thumping the ground. I jerked my hand from side to side, like I was pretending to throw it, and the Pokemon started each time. It threw me a dirty glance each time. Finally, I pretended to throw something down into the courtyard and the dog tore off past Mizuki, no doubt heading for some stairs.

I gave Mizuki a guilty grin. "Don't worry, I'm sure the Poochyena will find something to interest itself along the way." I leaned on the canopy's bannister and looked down at the garden. It was a small serene little patch, quite at odds with the general creepiness that permeated the Ruined Manor.

A little bit of movement under the shade of the tree caught my eye, and I squinted to get a better look. This keyed my Aura Reader to zoom in, and the magnification of the device jumped to 4x. Now I could quite easily see a small half black, half orange Pokemon that was roughly spherical and appeared to have four glowing orange eyes. The Pokemon quite clearly did not know that we were here, seeing as we were on an upper floor.

"There's a Pumpkaboo down there, Mizuki," I said to the ninja. "Wanna take a crack at it?" I didn't think she would, considering she had just caught the fully evolved version, but perhaps she could look at trading one or something. I knew that my younger brother Jathan would have loved to get his hands on a Pumpkaboo.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Yamask, Darkrai, Gourgeist, Lampent, Poochyena, Pumpkaboo

Pokemon Statistics:

Quirky F Greninja 73%

Impish F Gengar 100%

Hasty M Drapion 100%

Quirky F Honchkrow 61%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,814 (0 Banked)

Comm said Female and Super-size.

TP#14

Chainy decided to pretend-play fetch with the Poochyena, which was amusing. Mizuki liked dogs, but most of the ones she encountered were too loud for her usual operations. This one was a bit too excited for what she needed—less playful and more sneaky.

The little dog fell for the Ranger’s trick as he pretended to launch an object over the wall, and the Poochyena wasted no time darting after it. Chainy leaned up against the banister to look down, perhaps searching for the dog. After the initial scramble, Zu couldn’t hear it anymore.

She was about to turn away from the garden and head back into the room to wait for the Ranger to finish, but something drew her attention back out to the tree. Psychic abilities didn’t run in her clan (although she did know a couple clans where it did), but she learned to not ignore those little blips of instinct. They had saved her a couple times.

Pulled to the railing, she scanned the miniature nature scene, searching for anything out of place. She passed over the rosebushes and the cobbles on the ground that had moss and sparse grasses growing between them. Suddenly, a flicker in the shadows caught her eye. As Chainy shifted, she knew he had caught it too, though she saw he had his eye-device on again.

A Pokemon’s outline became clear to her once she knew something was there. She had to give the ghost credit—it was pretty good at hiding. A witch’s hat blocked most of the light, hanging over a rounded orange body that mimicked a pumpkin. Eerie yellow eyes blinked open on both parts, creating a strange effect.

Zu recognized it to be Pumpkaboo, the first stage in the evolution line of the Gourgeist she had captured. She almost decided against battling it. Then, she remembered how the larger ghost had seemed to give up at the end, once it was tired. That wasn’t good for fights—and unfortunately, in her line of work, sometimes fighting was necessary. This one had proved that it was suited for her lifestyle.

Behind her, Kaeruichi made a noise, and Zu nodded without looking back at her.

Chainy started to say something, but Zu was already moving. She heard, “Wanna take a crack at it?” as she planted a hand on the rail and used it as leverage for her jump. Her legs kicked and curled under her as she dropped from the balcony, her cloak billowing out behind her. It was tempting to tense, feeling the exhilaration of free-fall, but she held back, loosening up her body as she landed on the ground below with one knee bent. Loose muscles were the key to not breaking bones. She had jumped from much higher places than this, though.

She saw the shadow of the Greninja move above her as the frog jumped up to the railing as well, leaping off of it like the ninja had and landing neatly beside her. Kaeruichi could jump a lot easier than Zu.

This was the tricky part. Kaeruichi had to be prepared in case the Darkrai came back, and Karasu had just finished fighting. That left her Gengar or her Drapion.

It was a hard choice. While Chris would love to play some tricks on the Pumpkaboo, but Zu didn’t want to embarrass the wild Pokemon. This one hadn’t seemed like it was a jerk. That left Kurai then.

Battling with the Drapion would be difficult. He was often impatient, which meant there would be no silent orders since he wouldn’t pay them any attention. Her words would have to be short and to the point, and she would need to be ready to stop him at any second. If he was attacked, he often got offended and viciously went after whoever injured him.

Sometimes that was useful, but not often enough. They hadn’t been working together for too long, though on some level, Zu knew that he respected her somewhat. He wouldn’t let her take his toxins for her mixes if he didn’t. She brushed her hand over the case that held one set of senbon on reflex.

Zu nodded to the Pumpkaboo as she pulled out a Pokeball. “Kurai,” she called as she released the ogre scorpion.

In a flash of light, the giant purple insect appeared, snapping his jaws and weaving his spiked tail behind him. The pinchers flexed on the long limbs off his head as his body moved around in preparation for a fight. She would have to watch him carefully—he was probably the most brutal of all her Pokemon.

Since they didn’t know how the Pumpkaboo battled, she would have to start slowly—if Kurai went along with it. At least Chainy had a good seat to watch, even if this all went up in flames.

“Start with a Pin Missile,” she called, leaving the instructions simple.

The Drapion shook his head and lowered it, and Zu watched the spikes on his tail and limbs shine as they flexed and aimed. Energy off the spikes, both on his body and limbs, could fire off toward foes. Usually they weren’t poisonous, like these ones. Zu wanted to know how agile this wild Pokemon was before she cemented any plans—it looked a bigger size than the Gourgeist from earlier.

URPG Stats
    Hatches at 1495

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    42 (0 Banked)

BP #1

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Before I could even finish asking her, Mizuki vaulted the railing to get into the courtyard below. Something about this Pokemon must have intrigued her because Trainers didn't usually catch two Pokemon of the same evolution line in the Park. Because of the three-Pokemon limit, it was much more time and cost efficient to catch three of different lines and then breed them if you needed more. Still, Mizuki didn't strike me as the type of person who did things for no real reason, so I would have liked to know her through process.

I was impressed to see how professional her dismount was. She didn't lock her knees or stumble upon impact, which meant that (like us Rangers) she had undergone some serious physical training. Her Greninja followed her down in much the same fashion, except it was even smoother than Mizuki. I, however, had an easier way down. I put my fingers to my lips and whistled. Not ten seconds later, Specialle floated up from underneath the floor.

"Hey girl," I greeted her. "I need a lift down. Care to help me out?"

Specialle moaned and took hold of me around my chest with both of her hands, which were temporarily corporeal. She lowered me down into the courtyard with a grace that I liked to think would have rivaled Mizuki, but I knew inside that I was kidding myself. I mean, I knew that I was awesome and kickass and drop-dead gorgeous, but one thing I could not claim to be was particularly graceful.

"Thanks. Have you tracked down Dual yet?" I inquired.

Specialle grunted and hissed a couple times. She thought that the warrior Pokemon was in the North Wing somewhere, but he was probably being intentionally elusive. I wouldn't be surprised if he had decided to get in some stealth training and was actively hiding from everyone. After all, if you can hide from Ghost-types, you can hide from anyone. On impulse, I reached out for him through our link, but there was some kind of psychic static blocking me. Probably something to do with all the mental-type Pokemon running around in the Manor. I instructed Specialle to keep looking and she drifted up into the air, disappearing into the balcony door we had come through.

I turned around to see that Mizuki had already summoned out her Pokemon. It was a Drapion, a Pokemon that I didn't see much of but definitely respected its power. The subtle ticks and movements told me that this one was of a Hasty nature, so it didn't appear to fit in with Mizuki's whole ninja theme. Perhaps this battle would show me how it fit into her team's makeup.

"Start with a Pin Missile," Mizuki commanded.

The Drapion lowered his head and raised his tail towards the Pumpkaboo, which was watching us all closely. I noticed that close-up, the Pumpkaboo was really quite large. In fact, it was almost the same size as the evolved Gourgeist from earlier. The Drapion's tail started to exude lime-green energy, and this energy fired in an arc, like a trebuchet throwing a stone. As it flew, the energy formed into many conical shapes, all with the point aimed at the Wild Pokemon. When they made contact, the Pumpkaboo was thrown backwards into the tree. Its eyes narrowed and it hissed at at the Drapion. Electrical sparks gathered around its bulbous body, moving in a roughly spherical pattern. Once they had flowed for about ten seconds they gathered into a thin point and lanced out at the Drapion. The sparks struck Drapion in the leg and started to crawl over its body but the Poison-type seemed largely unaffected. Then again, this was a rather one-sided battle.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

Hasty Male Drapion: 94% (used Pin Missile)

??? Female Pumpkaboo: 65%, SATK+1 (used Charge Beam)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 8 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: Sableye, Yamask, Darkrai, Gourgeist, Lampent, Poochyena, Pumpkaboo
    CC since last Encounter: 4892 / 9000

Pokemon Statistics:

Quirky F Greninja 73%

Impish F Gengar 100%

Hasty M Drapion 100%

Quirky F Honchkrow 61%

Item Statistics:

~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,814 (0 Banked)

TP#15

A prickling on the back of her senses told Mizuki that Chainy’s Ghost-type had returned. She glanced behind her for just a second before looking back to the battle, and in that time saw the large ghost grab ahold of the Ranger and lower him to the ground. The two exchanged words and then the Dusknoir faded from sight again, perhaps off to look for the Pokemon that the Ranger spoke of before.

Kurai took no interest in it. Instead, he jerked up his tail as it started glow, flicking it like one would swing a bat. Greenish spines shot off, splitting into multiple ones as they sped toward the ghost. Zu kept her eyes on the Pumpkaboo for its reaction.

It didn’t dodge out of the way. Zu didn’t think it would, considering its overly-large size. Instead, the Missiles hit the wild Pokemon and knocked it into a tree, evoking it to hiss at Kurai. The scorpion just snorted, not intimidated. That was interesting, though. It seemed to have a bit of spirit in it.

Then, the air crackled as sparks shone on the orange skin of the pumpkin. They started to coil around and then suddenly shot out, striking the Drapion’s leg. Tiny jolts inched over his skin, but it didn’t look like it was affecting him too much.

However, that’s not how Kurai took it. He immediately hissed and grit his teeth together. He made a motion forward, and Zu had to call out a quick, “No.”

The Poison-type hissed at her sharp order, but he did stop. Whirling his head to her, he made an aggravated noise. “Wait,” she told him. He didn’t look too happy about it. Poison dribbled out of his mouth, staining the grass a dark purple that quickly burned out to black. It even made a minute sizzling sound.

This was one of the reasons Zu considered bringing Kurai with her on her travels. The poison that he generated was very useful for her line of work. Of course, straight from him didn’t do a lot of good, at least to people. It had to be refined. With a treatment and sometimes lengthy cooking process, she was able to morph the Drapion’s toxins into a substance she could use for her senbon. Among other things.

It was something of a family specialty, although traditionally they had used the venom of Seviper and Qwilfish to give their weapons an edge. They came in handy when extracting information too.

In front of her, Kurai made an impatient gesture and snapped his jaws, sending a small spit-spray of poison onto the ground. This was not only a test of whether or not they could defeat the Pumpkaboo, but also between her and Kurai. She needed to know if she could trust him in the future. A sharpened blade was valuable, but not if its hilt was slippery.

“Kurai,” she said sharply, making him stop the keening noise he had started as he stared at the ghost. He turned to look at her and stilled, though she could see his muscles quivering beneath his armor. “Dart in with the Poison Fang and then use Agility to keep it pinned near the tree. Stay close to it.”

So far, the Pumpkin had favored ranged attacks, although that may have been because Kurai used one too. It would be useful to know if the wild Pokemon had any close-up skills, since that was where the Drapion excelled.

Now that she had given him freedom to move, his pincers flexed and his body waved. Out of all her Pokemon, he enjoyed battle the most.

URPG Stats
    Hatches at 1495