User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Flower of Hope and Love [Naruto/Ultra Maniac crossover/PG-13]

some day, my dream will find me Super Moderator Mistral's Avatar
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,186 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Once upon a time in my life, standardized testing mattered. Then I went to university and there's no such thing as standardized testing. xD

Kakashi: Oh no... No, no, no, no...
    Mito: What?
    SpiralingPiplup: He be tranced because he knows what's gonna happen.
    Naruto and Sasuke: What's gonna happen?
    Sakura: I bet she's gonna say stuff.
    SpiralingPiplup: Stuff.
    Sakura: Told you.
    SpiralingPiplup: ENOUGH TALKING. LET US BE STARTED!
    SpiralingPiplup's Notes: I actually didn't change the name this time! I'm so proud of myself! :) Tee hee. Well, I passed all of my state exams, so I'm exempt from all of my finals once I turn in the one that I owe my World History teacher. Which means, yes, you'll probably see more frequent updates in the next three months since I'll be on my long awaited summer vacation!! =] Yay! And I have a good old Pokémon fanfic based around Looker coming up this summer. And that's about it, so I'm gonna get this chapter started!
    A Flower of Hope and Love
    Chapter 11 - Tsunade Arrives!
    Kakashi and Mito were sitting out on the balcony of their apartment. Mito had fallen asleep in Kakashi's arms, so he resorted to just looking up at the sky. He had been thinking about Uchiha Obito since Mito had fallen asleep. His daily routine of visiting Obito's grave before meeting up with Team Seven had been broken when he came to Japan. A knock on the wall had broken his thoughts as he turned his head to see a blonde knucklehead at the screen door.
    "What is it, Naruto? And don't be a loud fool when you answer either, okay?" Kakashi asked in a low voice. He didn't want to wake up Mito since he had a really bad feeling that pregnant women were bitches when they didn't get what they wanted. Kakashi didn't want to be on the bad end of that.
    "Well, um... Sakura-chan said that she saw someone who looked exactly like Granny Tsunade and um... thought we should tell you," Naruto replied in a voice that was almost a whisper. Kakashi immediately got a look of seriousness on his face.

"Get Sakura," Kakashi replied. Naruto nodded and walked back inside the apartment to look for Sakura. Kakashi could barely hear Naruto call her name and Sakura's reply telling him to give her a minute. He let out a quiet laugh as he realized it was just like the good old times back in Konoha. It was a bit nostalgic to him.

"Yes, Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asked quietly when she reached the screen door. Naruto was standing next to her, waiting to see if he needed to do anything else for his teacher.

"Are you sure you saw Tsunade?" Kakashi asked. Sakura nodded and watched as Kakashi closed his only visible eye.

"What did she look like then, Sakura?" Kakashi asked with his eye still closed.

"Well... She was blonde... had a green jacket on similar to Tsunade's.. She had a young appearance. And she had that diamond jewel looking thing on her forehead too. When I saw all of that, I kinda ran since I didn't want her to see me," Sakura replied quietly. Kakashi's closed eye reopened instantly.

"Are you sure?" Kakashi replied, literally forcing his voice to stay low enough for Mito to still sleep. Sakura nodded slowly. "Go inside." The two teenagers stayed in their positions, but looked at each other with confused expressions. They were already inside, but they assumed that Kakashi didn't notice that already.

"NOW!" Kakashi yelled. Almost instantly, the two teenagers ran away from the screen door just as Mito's eyes slowly started to open.

"What's with all of the noise?" she asked groggily. She slowly sat up with Kakashi's help and examined her surroundings.

"It's nothing. Nothing at all," Kakashi nervously replied. This earned him a well deserved slap in the face. Kakashi rubbed the slap mark on his face innocently, trying to get rid of the stinging sensation it left.

"Don't you dare lie to me, Kakashi Hatake! I am not afraid to beat the hell out of you!" Mito threatened. Kakashi stopped rubbing the slap mark on his face and sighed quietly.

"Alright, alright. Let's go inside and I'll explain it to you," Kakashi replied. And they did just that. Once they were comfortably seated on the couch in the living room, he explained everything that his students had told him. And Mito had apologized for slapping him just as there was a knock on the door. Kakashi lowered his mask and quickly kissed her on the forehead. He got up and adjusted his mask as he walked over to the door to answer it. When he opened the door, he was slammed into a wall as the door slammed shut.

"Kakashi, just what the hell have you been doing here?!" the voice yelled. Naruto and Sakura, who had heard the commotion ran out into the living room to see the very same blonde woman that Sakura had just described moments ago.

"Heh. Looks like you found me, Lady Hokage," Kakashi replied, trying his hardest not to laugh. Another slap was given to him as the woman now identified as Tsunade walked over to Naruto and Sakura.

"You two okay? I hope you're not being idiots like your teacher," Tsunade stated. The two teenagers shook their heads, trying their hardest not to laugh like idiots. "That's good. I was worried there for a minute."

"But Granny Hokage! How did you know we were here?!" Naruto asked. She showed them the letter that had handwriting similar to Sasuke's on it. Sakura let out a quiet gasp as she was the first to notice this.

"So... it was Sasuke-kun?" Sakura slowly asked. Tsunade nodded, which caused both Sakura and Mito to let out quiet gasps. Tsunade looked over at Mito and walked over to her next.

"So you're the one Sasuke and Asuma were talking about," Tsunade murmured. Kakashi disappeared from his current position by the door, then reappeared by Mito's side. It had shocked Tsunade and his two team members a bit, but he didn't care. He just didn't want Mito – nor Naruto and Sakura for that matter – to get hurt.

"Don't worry, Kakashi. I'm not going to hurt her," Tsunade stated. She looked over at Naruto and Sakura. "You two, would you mind leaving? I'd like to talk to them alone." Almost instantly, Naruto and Sakura nodded and ran out the door, slamming it shut behind them. "Alright, Kakashi. Just what the hell have you been doing here?"

"You should be asking that to Asuma," Kakashi replied coldly.

"Well, Asuma's not here, is he? I don't think so. Now answer the question," Tsunade replied. Mito looked helplessly at Kakashi. If he had any kind of common sense, she believed that he would tell Tsunade about what happened with her and Asuma. She really believed he would do it for her.

"Fine then. Since Asuma would probably lie to you about this anyways, I'll be glad to explain it to you. Asuma basically had sexual intercourse with my girlfriend. And now she's pregnant with his twins," Kakashi stated. He paused to take a short breather when Tsunade interrupted him.

"You haven't answered my question," Tsunade stated.

"I was getting there before you interrupted. I've been here because I care about Mito and I didn't want her to be alone through this whole pregnancy thing. I didn't want her to get hurt or have something bad to happen to her," Kakashi replied. Mito looked over at Kakashi and smiled happily, but Kakashi didn't seem to notice. Tsunade also smiled, then looked over at Mito, who seemed extremely nervous.

"So Mito, if you don't mind me asking, how far along are you?" Tsunade asked. Mito held up five fingers as Tsunade nodded. "Well, if you're willing to go back now, you can. There shouldn't be any erm... problems." Kakashi looked over at Mito, who smiled and nodded.

"Can we go tomorrow? I think Naruto and Sakura would like time to say good bye to the friends they made here," Kakashi replied. He looked over at Mito. "And... I'm sure Mito has some things she needs to do as well."

"I understand. I'll be staying at a hotel down the street, so if you need me, just ask for me. Meet me there tomorrow morning though, just so I know you haven't ditched me," Tsunade replied. Kakashi nodded and watched as Tsunade left. As soon as the door closed, Mito pulled Kakashi into a hug. She had started crying soon after since Kakashi felt the tears land on his shoulder.

"Mito... What's wrong?" Kakashi whispered.

"I-I'm scared," Mito sobbed. "I'm sc-scared that something b-bad is going to happen."

"Nothing bad will happen, Mito. I promise. I'll be with you the whole time, no matter what," Kakashi replied as he pulled away from Mito's hug. He lowered his mask and kissed her gently, smiling as he did so.

Naruto and Sakura sat inside a nearby ramen shop by themselves, happily and worriedly eating ramen. They had been discussing why Sasuke had betrayed them and told Tsunade about what was going on. They saw Tsunade walk into the ramen shop and walk over to their table, smiling.

"If you guys want to go back to your apartment, you can. I'm done talking to Hatake-san and Mito," Tsunade stated as Naruto and Sakura jumped up.

"Granny Tsunade, did you convince Kakashi-sensei to let us go back to Konoha?" Naruto innocently asked. Tsunade smacked him in the face, creating a red mark on his face almost instantly.

"I didn't say I was going to answer any questions! Just go back to your apartment and ask Kakashi, okay?" Tsunade replied as she walked away. Naruto and Sakura followed behind her as she left and slowly traveled back to their apartment.

Mito had fallen asleep in Kakashi's arms just recently. Kakashi had taken to gently stroking Mito's hair while glancing at the door numerous times. It was late and he was getting extremely worried about Naruto and Sakura. As soon as this thought crossed his mind, Naruto and Sakura walked through the door and nearly slammed the door shut. Kakashi didn't notice since he was finally able to let out a sigh of relief.

"Kakashi-sensei? When are we going home?" Naruto innocently asked. Sakura nodded in agreement as Kakashi looked down at Mito.

"I told Tsunade tomorrow... But Mito... she needs to tell Yuta. I don't know if she'll be up to telling him before then," Kakashi replied as he placed one of his hands on top of Mito's. The two teenagers looked at him with confused expressions. He had forgotten to tell Naruto and Sakura that Mito was going with them.

"What are you talking about, sensei? Mito isn't going with us... is she?" Sakura replied, looking from Kakashi to Mito. Kakashi smiled beneath his mask as he held one of Mito's hands in his own.

"She is, Sakura. She really is," Kakashi replied, the smile beneath his mask getting even bigger. Naruto frowned, but Sakura smiled and hugged Kakashi happily. Sakura had taken a liking to Mito while Naruto had come to have a brotherly dislike for her like Yuta had. Kakashi smiled as he pushed Sakura away.

"Please tell me you're joking, Kakashi-sensei. Please tell me that," Naruto begged. Kakashi shook his head, then made sure that Mito was still sound asleep. When he confirmed that she was, Kakashi took a small velvet box out of his pocket and handed it to Sakura. She took the box and opened it to see a beautiful diamond ring. Naruto snatched the box out of her hands and looked at the very same ring himself. He laughed quietly to himself, then handed the closed box back to Kakashi, who put it back into his pocket.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Kakashi asked, looking to Sakura and Naruto. Both of them nodded, then smiled at their sensei. "Well, there's something I want you two to do."

"What is it, sensei?" Naruto and Sakura asked.

"I want you two to get Yuta for me. I don't want to leave Mito by herself," Kakashi commanded. The two young shinobi nodded and immediately left, leaving Kakashi alone with Mito once more. She was going to be woken up by the time Naruto and Sakura returned with Yuta.

Mito and Kakashi had returned to their seat on the porch. Naruto and Sakura walked in with Yuta unnoticed and unheard. Sakura innocently walked over to the porch's screen door.

"Kirishima-chan?" Sakura quietly called. Mito and Kakashi turned around to face Sakura. "Um, Yuta's here." Mito looked over at Kakashi, who smiled beneath his mask.

"Do you want me to go inside?" Kakashi asked as he watched Sakura walk back over to Yuta and Naruto from the corner of his eye.

"Y-yes... I-I want to talk to him alone," Mito replied, nervously. Kakashi nodded as he quickly lowered his mask and kissed Mito. As he stood up, he readjusted his mask. When he reached the screen door allowing him to go back inside, he turned back around to face Mito.

"Are you absolutely sure you want to be alone with Yuta?" Kakashi asked with a hint of seriousness in his voice. Mito nodded as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Reluctantly, Kakashi went back inside and gestured for Yuta to go outside with his sister, which he did with pleasure.

"Alright, what do you want, Mito?" Yuta asked with a hint of anger in his voice. Mito slowly opened her eyes only to close them again. She wanted to cry so badly; she knew that Yuta wasn't going to approve that she was leaving Japan. Leaving everything that she had.

"I... I'm leaving," Mito whispered, forcing the words out of her mouth just as she did when she first told Kakashi that she was pregnant. Yuta didn't look too pleased, but he didn't seem to understand what she was saying either.

"You're leaving with Kakashi?" Yuta asked, trying to figure out his sister's logic. She nodded slowly as Yuta jumped up out of the chair he had sat in. "Like hell you are! I won't let you!" At this, Mito slowly stood up.

"Yuta, I don't know if you realized this or not, but I'm much older than you and I can do whatever the hell I want whenever the hell I want to, okay? I realize that I'm giving everything up and that I may never see you again, but you know what, I don't care! I love Kakashi and I promised him that I would go to Konoha with him! So just shut the hell up, okay?!" Mito replied. The tears that she had bottled up began to fall from her eyes as Yuta scowled and slammed his fist into the metal railing. Kakashi, Sakura and Naruto ran over to the screen door and resisted the urge to go outside and stop the fight that they knew was about to happen. Soon after, Mito realized what she said and looked over at the screen door at Kakashi, then back over to Yuta. "Oh no..."

"Don't 'oh no' me! I already know about the Konoha you're speaking of. Sakura already told me," Yuta replied. Kakashi looked over at Sakura, who nervously laughed. She knew she was going to get it now. Mito, on the other hand, just slapped Yuta in the face. "What the hell was that for?!"

"Because it looks like you don't give a damn! So you know what, forget it! Forget I ever told you, Yuta! Just... just leave!" Mito sobbed as she sat back down in her chair. Yuta left as soon as Mito sat back down, shoving Naruto and Sakura out of his way. Kakashi grabbed him just as he started to pass him. Naruto and Sakura had stepped outside to try and comfort Mito.

"You just don't seem to care, do you?" Kakashi asked. Yuta shook his head as Kakashi dropped him. "I figured as much. That's alright. I was going to tell you something just now, but then I decided not to since you're being a little brat." Yuta gave Kakashi the finger as he left and Kakashi returned the favor with ease. As the door slammed shut, Kakashi walked over to it and locked it before stepping back over to the screen door and placing his hand on the wall. "Mito, are you alr– No, I know that you're not alright. I shouldn't be asking that. Are you gonna be okay is what I should be asking."

"Yes, I'll be fine, Kakashi," Mito replied. Her voice was muffled because she was sobbing into Naruto's jacket and shoulder. Kakashi slowly opened the screen door and stepped out onto the porch. He looked from Naruto to Sakura, then gestured for them to get up once he had Mito crying in his arms. Sakura had stepped inside, but Naruto stopped just before walking in and closing the screen door.

"You sure you want us to go, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. You two go get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day," Kakashi replied as he began to slowly and gently stroke Mito's hair once more. Naruto and Sakura disappeared into the home as Kakashi's free hand grasped onto the velvet box in his pocket.

SpiralingPiplup: Hee hee.
    Naruto: Heh.
    Sakura: Haha!
    Kakashi: What's so funny?
    Yuta: Yeah... what is so funny?
    SpiralingPiplup: Oh, they just know what's gonna happen next chapter. That's all.
    Kakashi: Wanna tell me?
    Naruto and Sakura: No.
    Kakashi: Jerks.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,186 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Apparently this chapter originally went up after I started my sophomore year of high school.

Chapter 12 - Engagement Shower!

Kakashi sighed as he stood outside on the porch of the apartment he shared with Mito, Naruto, and Sakura. He was going to miss this place. It was so different from Konoha. He held his headband in his hand loosely as he stared down blankly at it.

There was a loud slam which made Kakashi turn around. When he saw the familiar blonde knucklehead and his pink-haired companion, he turned back around and sighed in relief. And then he remembered that Mito was taking a nap.

"Kakashi-sensei!" the voice that belonged to Naruto yelled. If the slam hadn't woken Mito up, Naruto's loud mouth was bound to do so. Kakashi slowly approached the screen door and opened it quietly.

"Naruto, shut up. You're going to–" Kakashi was cut off when a pillow hit him in the face. The pillow hit the floor with a quiet thump. "Never mind."

"Can you three keep your voices down?! I'm trying to sleep," Mito hissed. She had a hand placed on her swollen belly. Kakashi smiled beneath his mask. She smacked Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura as hard as she possibly could. This made Kakashi's smile fade away slowly.

"I don't know why you hit me. I wasn't doing anything at all," Kakashi mumbled. This earned Kakashi a second smack. He sighed quietly and then sat down on the couch. Sakura and Naruto took a seat in the two armchairs while Mito sat down next to Kakashi.

"Did you two do what I asked you to do?" Kakashi asked quietly. He placed his arm around Mito's shoulders as she rested her head on Kakashi's shoulder and closed her eyes. Naruto and Sakura nodded.

"The only person who refused to talk to us was Yuta," Sakura stated. Mito groaned quietly and buried her face in Kakashi's shoulder when she heard Yuta's name. Naruto stood up and walked out of the room with Sakura close behind him. Once both of the shinobi were out of the room, Kakashi lowered his mask and passionately kissed Mito. She gladly returned the kiss. Kakashi heard a door opening and he quickly broke the kiss and pulled his mask up.

"Darn it!" Naruto and Sakura yelled at the same time. "Failed again!"

"Perhaps if you were a bit quieter in shutting the door, you would've been able to see me with my mask off," Kakashi pointed out quite bluntly. He was grinning beneath his mask and both Naruto and Sakura knew it. Mito had a look of pure confusion on her face as she looked between the two teenagers and Kakashi.

"We'll get you one of these days, Kakashi-sensei! Believe it!" Naruto announced loudly as he walked towards the door. Sakura simply shrugged and sighed quietly as she walked out of the apartment. She was dragging Naruto by his trademark orange and black jacket. When the door closed and he heard the two walk down the steps, he looked down at Mito, who was still wearing a look of pure confusion on her face.

"What was that all about?" Mito asked quietly as she gazed into Kakashi's only visible eye. Kakashi pushed a stray strand of Mito's blonde hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear.

"They've been trying to see my face for so long. Ever since I met them, actually," he said quietly. Mito smiled as she ran a hand through her hair.

"And out of all of the people you know, who's seen what's beneath the mask?" Mito asked quietly. Kakashi smiled as he lowered his mask and lowered his face to where he was looking Mito in the eyes. She could feel his warm breath on her lips and it made her smile.

"You and a few other people," he whispered. Smiling, he gently placed his lips on hers and continued the kiss that had been interrupted by Naruto and Sakura.
    It had been two hours since Naruto and Sakura had left. Mito was laying on the couch with her head in Kakashi's lap. Kakashi was holding the small velvet box in his hand and watched Mito's chest rise and fall in turn with her breathing. She had one hand gently placed on her swollen belly while the other dangled off of the couch. Kakashi gently placed his free hand on top of Mito's and smiled. Her eyes fluttered open just as he did this and she looked up into his visible eye and smiled softly.

"What's that?" she asked quietly, glancing at the small velvet box in Kakashi's other hand. Kakashi's smile simply got bigger as he lowered his mask. At this point, he didn't care if Naruto and Sakura walked in the door. He had built up the courage for this and he wasn't going to let them ruin it for him.

"Mito Kirishima... will you marry me?" Kakashi asked quietly. Mito's face instantly lit up as she slowly sat up. She leaned over to Kakashi and kissed his forehead softly.

"Of course I will, you big idiot," she said in a lightly joking tone. Kakashi just continued smiling and took Mito's left hand in his own. He placed the ring on her ring finger and gently pulled her into a passionate kiss, which Mito gladly returned.

It was at that exact moment that Naruto and Sakura chose to walk back into the apartment after their day out. They saw Kakashi and Mito kissing and exchanged a confused look. And then it hit the two teenagers.

"Kakashi-sensei's not wearing his mask! We've finally seen him without his mask on!" Naruto and Sakura cried together. Kakashi and Mito broke their kiss and Kakashi looked away, gently resting his head on Mito's head. Mito was looking over at the two teenagers and grinning all at once.

"Please don't rub it in," Kakashi mumbled. He was pulling his mask up over his face again. Naruto and Sakura frowned a bit when Kakashi looked over at them. "You just caught me off guard. That's all."

"We'll have to catch him off guard again, won't we, Naruto?" Sakura asked with a mischievous grin appearing on her face.

"You bet, Sakura-chan!" Naruto cheered happily. Mito's grin slowly turned into a smile and she heard Kakashi sigh in defeat.

"Alright, I think that's enough for tonight, you guys. We're going home tomorrow," Kakashi mumbled. Naruto and Sakura nodded and then walked off to their respective rooms. "And don't even think about trying to come out of those rooms! Or you will be on missions when we return!"

As soon as Kakashi heard both doors close and lock, he glanced down at Mito with a smile on his face. She obviously hadn't noticed that he was looking at her as she was too busy staring at the glass window in front of her blankly. Kakashi lowered his mask and placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head which made her look up at him.

"Is something wrong, love?" Mito asked quietly. Kakashi shook his head and placed another gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Is something bothering you?" Kakashi asked. Mito looked away and resumed staring at the glass window blankly. Kakashi gently tightened his grip around her body.

"I... I'm just going to miss him. I mean, I know he's been a complete jerk to me lately, but he's still my brother and I still love him," Mito whispered. Kakashi felt a tear land on his hand and he instinctively lifted Mito's chin so that he could look into her sparkling blue eyes. Tears were falling from her blue eyes and Kakashi just held her tighter with one arm and wiped away the tears with his other hand.

"Do you want to talk to him again before you go?" Kakashi asked in a soothing tone. Mito blinked once and took Kakashi's hand in her own. There was a hopeful smile on her face.

"Would you really let me do that? A-and you'll come with me too?" Mito asked in a hopeful tone. Kakashi gently kissed her forehead again with a smile on his face.

"If that's what you want to do, then I'll let you do it," Kakashi whispered. Mito felt herself blush from the warmth of Kakashi's breath on her face. "And if you want me to join you, then I will."

Mito pulled Kakashi into a hug with a smile on her face. As soon as she let go, she kissed him passionately. Kakashi gladly returned the kiss.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,186 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Chapter 13 – A Family Rivalry

Mito sighed quietly as she tapped on the door to Yuta’s apartment. Kakashi was standing behind her, staring up at the beautiful, star filled night sky. The door slowly opened, revealing Yuta’s annoyed expression. He was still wearing his school uniform for unknown reasons.

“Yes?” he asked in a thoroughly annoyed tone. Mito flinched slightly, but Kakashi turned around to place a comforting hand on Mito’s shoulder. She glanced back at him, and just by looking at Kakahi’s one visible eye, she knew he was giving her a comforting smile beneath his mask.

“I wanted to talk,” Mito breathed. Yuta looked from Mito, then to Kakashi and sighed quietly.

“Fine, but if he lays a hand on me, then you best pray that you’re out of my apartment before I can react,” Yuta snarled. He stepped back, opening the door more to allow Mito and Kakashi in. Mito walked in first and Kakashi, who had his hands stuffed into his pockets, followed close behind her. Yuta closed the door behind the couple just as they sat down on the couch. He took a seat in an armchair and folded his arms across his chest. “So what do you want to talk about, dear sister?”

“I-I…” Mito took in a deep breath as she glanced over at Kakashi, then back at the ground. “I have to do this Yuta… I-I can’t take care of a child by myself, let alone two! A-and… I-… I love Kakashi… and I r-really think that h-he’ll be the best person to help me… r-raise them.”

Yuta closed his eyes just as tears fell from Mito’s eyes. Her head was buried into Kakashi’s chest as he rubbed her back comfortingly. Yuta opened his eyes again and stood up. Kakashi saw this out of the corner of his eye and growled quietly.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Kakashi growled. Mito slowly looked up; tears were still falling from her blue eyes. Yuta walked over to Mito and Kakashi and kneeled down in front of his sister.

“I’m sorry, Mito. I-I shouldn’t have acted the way I did,” Yuta whispered. “Please… will you forgive me?”

Mito placed her left hand on Yuta’s cheek and smiled softly. The tears were slowly starting to cease. “Oh, Yuta… of course I forgive you… and you know, I’m sure I can visit or something… Admittedly, it won’t be any time soon because… well, you know…”

“I understand,” Yuta replied. A smile was slowly starting to form on his face as he stood up. Kakashi looked from Mito to Yuta and a small smile appeared on his covered face.

“I guess I forgive you as well, Yuta,” Kakashi said softly. Yuta glanced over at Kakashi and smiled softly at him.

“Thanks, Kakashi-sensei,” Yuta replied.
    Naruto and Sakura sighed as they sat on the porch enjoying bowls of miso ramen. They had woken up that morning to find out that Kakashi and Mito were gone. With that said, they resorted to making the only breakfast that they possibly could without blowing up the entire apartment: ramen. This brought them to the porch, eating ramen and waiting for Kakashi and Mito to return from wherever it was they had gone.

And then they heard the door open and close. Naruto and Sakura quickly jumped up and ran inside, dropping their bowls on the table on the porch as they did. They ran inside to see Kakashi and Mito. The couple took a seat on the couch as Naruto and Sakura sat down in the armchairs.

“Where did you go, Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asked. Mito stood up and folded her arms across her chest, yawning as she did so.

“I think you can tell them,” Mito said quietly. “I’m going to bed.”

Kakashi smiled beneath his mask and nodded. Mito returned his smile, and then walked off into the room she shared with Kakashi. His gaze returned to his students and the smile beneath his mask faded away. “We went to go talk to Yuta.”

“And? What happened?!” Naruto asked. He really sounded eager to know the details and such. Sakura just sighed and shook her head; she knew Kakashi wasn’t going to go into detail.

“To make a long story short, Mito and Yuta made up,” Kakashi replied. Naruto sighed in defeat, which made Kakashi chuckle quietly.

“What about you and Yuta-kun?” Sakura asked quietly. Naruto glanced over at her; he could see the hurt in her eyes from when she and Yuta had parted ways. It was the same when Sasuke left except this happened a lot differently. For example, it certainly didn’t involve Yuta going over to the wrong side and trying to kill those he loved with.

“We made up as well,” Kakashi replied. Sakura’s face brightened instantly. She jumped up out of her seat eagerly.

“Kakashi-sensei, can I go see him?” Sakura asked happily. Kakashi smiled beneath his mask and nodded. Sakura raced out the door, which slammed shut. Naruto closed his eyes, waiting in fear due to the fact that moments after he heard the front door close, another door opened. Mito entered the sitting room with a look of pure anger on her face.

“Was it really necessary for the door to be slammed?” Mito growled quietly. Naruto slowly opened his eyes, the fear slowly going away.

“It was Sakura, love. I’ll be sure to talk to her when she gets back,” Kakashi said quietly. Mito looked at Kakashi with a skeptical expression, and then looked over at Naruto.

“Is this true?” Mito asked quietly. Naruto nodded nervously, bringing a soft smile to Mito’s face. She slowly walked over towards him and ruffled his blonde hair. “I’m not going to hurt you, Naruto.”
    Sakura stood outside of Yuta’s apartment and sighed. She had knocked on the door at least five minutes ago and no one had answered. He was definitely home. The curtains were drawn back, the television was on, and the lights were on. “Yuta Kirishima, if you don’t open this door, then I’m going to kick it down!”

The door flew open moments later to reveal a thoroughly annoyed and sleepy Yuta. Sakura felt bad now; maybe she should’ve visited later. Yuta sighed and grabbed Sakura’s wrist. He pulled her into the apartment and closed the door. Yuta gently pushed her against the now closed door and kissed her forehead.

“Wh-what are you doing?” Sakura breathed. A smile appeared on Yuta’s face as he placed another kiss on her forehead.

“I’ve missed you. I was going to come by later and talk to you,” Yuta replied quietly. A smile slowly appeared on Sakura’s face.

“Oh, Yuta… D-does…” Sakura trailed off, looking into Yuta’s blue eyes with her own hopeful green eyes. Yuta kissed her once more on the forehead, lingering a bit longer than necessary before pulling back.

“Only if you want to,” Yuta whispered. Almost instantly, Sakura managed to get free from Yuta’s grasp and jumped into his arms.

“Of course,” she breathed. She breathed in Yuta’s scent, bringing a smile to her face. She missed this happiness and she was ever so glad to have it back. And then it hit her. She was going back to Konoha soon. She couldn’t maintain this relationship. “Yuta… I-I...”

“I know… you’re going home. We’ll make this work, I promise,” Yuta whispered before passionately kissing her.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,186 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

It says the end at the end, but there's an epilogue for this, apparently. I'll post that later though.

-----

Chapter 14 – Homecoming

Kakashi smiled softly as Naruto and Sakura stood near the familiar purple and black portal. The very same portal that was going to take them to the outskirts of Konohagakure. It made Kakashi nostalgic, and he was sure that Naruto and Sakura were feeling the same way as he could hear them talking animatedly about all of the memories that they shared. Kakashi knew that his former students were going to miss Japan, but a part of him knew that they wouldn’t be forgetting it any time soon.

Ichiraku’s ramen shop was the only place Naruto wanted to go at the moment. He had missed it there. Now that he was finally returning to Konoha, Naruto could go celebrate the successful completion of his mission with Iruka and even Kakashi, Sakura, and Mito, if the latter three wanted to tag along. And if others wanted to tag along as well, Naruto wouldn’t care. He was looking forward to being with his friends, even though he was going to miss the friends he had made in Japan.

Sakura had tears forming in her green eyes. If there was anything in Japan that she was going to miss, it was going to be the friendships she made and Yuta. She would definitely miss Yuta. He claimed that he would make their relationship work, but Sakura had no idea how that would be happening. They would be in two separate worlds; there was no way that their relationship could work.

Mito buried her face into Kakashi’s chest. Part of her didn’t want to leave Japan, but the other part of her wanted to leave. She was happy with Kakashi, not to mention she wanted to smack the living daylights out of Asuma for impregnating her. Mito looked up at Kakashi with tear filled eyes.

“Don’t cry, my love,” Kakashi whispered softly. “Everything will be just fine.”

“Are you sure, Kakashi?” Mito asked shyly. Kakashi nodded as he pulled his mask down to place a gentle kiss on Mito’s forehead. A smile slowly appeared on Mito’s face as she pulled Kakashi’s mask back up to cover his face.

“Kakashi-sensei, shouldn’t we be going now?” Naruto asked. Kakashi glanced down at Mito, who nodded in agreement. He glanced back over at the portal and smiled softly beneath his mask.

“Alright… Naruto, you go first. Then you go, Sakura. Mito and I will follow,” Kakashi said softly. Naruto looked over at Sakura, and then shrugged innocently as he hopped into the purple and black portal. Sakura followed him soon after. Kakashi gently nudged Mito towards the portal, but Mito had such a tight grip on him that his gentle nudge didn’t get her any closer to the portal.

“Can we go at the same time?” Mito asked softly, relinquishing her grip on Kakashi slightly. Kakashi smiled and nodded. The couple followed Sakura through the portal moments later.
    Konohagakure was a fairly busy city. People were running around the city, entering the various shops. Kakashi and his former students as well as Mito were stopped at the village gate by Kotetsu Hagane and Izumo Kamizuki, causing Kakashi to raise an eyebrow.

“Is something wrong here?” Kakashi asked. Kotetsu and Izumo exchanged confused looks before looking at Kakashi with a strange face.

“How do we know you’re really Kakashi?” Kotetsu asked. Kakashi shrugged and lifted his headband from his left eye, revealing the Sharingan. Kotetsu and Izumo exchanged another confused look before shrugging. “Alright, then what about blondie?”

“Blondie has a name, you—” Mito growled. Kakashi had covered her mouth before she could finish and chuckled quietly.

“Eheheh, um, this is Mito Kirishima. I’m sure that Lady Hokage told you that she was coming back with us?” Kakashi replied nervously.

“Oh, right, yeah, yeah. Okay, go on ahead,” Kotetsu said. The group walked through the village gates. They were finally in Konohagakure.

“So now what?” Sakura asked curiously. Kakashi stopped near Ichiraku’s, watching Naruto run towards the stand.

“I guess you and Naruto can go off on your own. I’ll go let Tsunade know that we’re here,” Kakashi stated. Sakura nodded before walking over to the ramen stand to join Naruto.
    The night sky was illuminated only by the full moon and the stars. Mito smiled softly to herself as she sat on the porch at Kakashi’s apartment. Kakashi had gone out with Iruka, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura to celebrate their safe return from Japan and Kakashi’s engagement to Mito. The front door opened and closed quietly; Kakashi was finally home. Kakashi stepped out onto the porch and gently placed his hands on Mito’s shoulders.

“I’m home,” Kakashi said softly. Mito stood up from the chair she was sitting in and hugged Kakashi. Kakashi returned the hug, causing Mito to snuggle into the embrace.

“I’m so glad you’re back. I’ve missed you,” Mito replied, grinning up at Kakashi.

“Heh, well, I’m just glad that you’re happy,” Kakashi whispered as he pulled his mask down and kissed Mito passionately.

The End.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    20,186 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Okay, the final chapter, for real this time. From posting these, I realize how cringeworthy my writing once was. Gotta start somewhere though!!

Chapter 15 – Epilogue: Seven Years Later

A woman with blonde hair that was tied up into a messy bun sat on a bench in the park located in Konohagakure. Next to her was a man with spiky silver hair whose left eye was covered up by his headband. On the woman’s lap was a child that was no older than a year. The child had blue eyes like its mother and silver hair like its father.

Two children that were no older than seven were playing on the jungle gym with a boy and girl who looked to be in their teenage years. The two children had black eyes like their father with blonde hair like their mother; one child was a boy and the other was a girl. The older boy had spiky yellow hair and blue eyes, and his female companion had bubble gum pink hair and green eyes.

“Naruto-kun, I wanna play a game!” the younger girl whined as she jumped off of the jungle gym. The boy named Naruto grinned excitedly and ruffled the girl’s blonde hair once he jumped off of the jungle gym.

“Alright then, Karuta, what do you want to play?” Naruto asked as Karuta’s brother and the pink haired girl jumped off of the jungle gym as well.

“I wanna play hide and go seek!” Karuta responded happily. Naruto grinned as he patted the pink haired girl on the back.

“You wanna be it, Sakura?” Naruto asked. The girl named Sakura shrugged and smiled softly.

“Sure, I suppose,” Sakura replied as she casually leaned on the jungle gym and closed her eyes. Just as she started counting, Naruto, Karuta, and the young boy ran off into the nearby trees. The young woman that was sitting on the bench moved to get up, but the man sitting next to her kept her down.

“Don’t worry about them, Mito. Naruto will keep them safe if anything happens,” the man with silver hair calmly stated. The woman named Mito relaxed as the child on her lap shifted into a more comfortable position.

“If you say so, Kakashi,” Mito replied in a soft voice. Kakashi smiled beneath his mask as he picked up the child from Mito’s lap. Just as Kakashi picked the child up, it started crying. Mito instantly took the child away from Kakashi and began to comfort it.

“She doesn’t like you, Kakashi,” Mito joked. The child slowly went back to sleep in Mito’s arms just as Kakashi laughed quietly. He put on a mock hurt face as he looked at his daughter.

“Of course Mia likes me. She was probably just surprised that I picked her up,” Kakashi replied in a mock hurt tone. Mito chuckled quietly as she moved closer to Kakashi.

“That’s why she cries every time you pick her up,” Mito whispered. The smile beneath Kakashi’s mask got bigger as he looked at his wife.

“Okay, maybe she doesn’t like me then, but I’m sure she’ll get used to me in the future,” Kakashi whispered. “And besides, I know you like me, and I’m pretty sure that Karuta and Kazuko like me.”

Moments later, Naruto could be heard in the distance. A blonde woman with a large bust was carrying him out from behind the trees just as Sakura looked up to see what the commotion was. Karuta and the young boy named Kazuko were close behind the blonde woman carrying Naruto. Mito and Kakashi stood up and approached the woman with blonde hair; Kakashi sighed audibly once everyone was at the jungle gym.

“What did he do now, Lady Hokage?” Kakashi asked. Tsunade dropped Naruto, and Karuta and Kazuko ran over to him.

“That’s what I want to know,” Lady Hokage responded. Naruto jumped up, effectively scaring Karuta and Kazuko.

“All we’re doing is playing hide and go seek, Granny Tsunade!” Naruto cried as he crossed his arms. Tsunade shook her head and sighed as she looked at Kakashi.

“I highly doubt he was doing anything else with Karuta and Kazuko, Lady Hokage. He knows I’d beat him if he was,” Mito said softly as she shifted Mia in her arms. Kakashi nodded in agreement just as Tsunade sighed again.

“Well, I’m afraid I’ll have to pull Naruto and Sakura away from Karuta and Kazuko… they seem to have visitors,” Tsunade said softly. Naruto and Sakura’s expressions brightened at Tsunade’s words.

“Visitors? Who would come and visit us?” Naruto asked excitedly. Tsunade looked over at Naruto and smiled softly.

“They said their names were Nina, Ayu, Tetsushi, Hiroki, and Yuta… perhaps those names sound familiar to you?” Tsunade replied. Mito’s expression brightened as well at the sound of Yuta’s name.

“Yuta came too?” Mito breathed. Tsunade looked over at Mito curiously.

“You know these people, Mito?” Tsunade asked. Mito nodded happily in response.

“Yuta’s my brother. And the other four are good friends of mine,” Mito replied. Tsunade looked over at Naruto and Sakura, who were grinning excitedly.

“I see. Well, they’re waiting at my office… perhaps we should head there?” Tsunade said.
    /\/\/\/\
    Sakura was grinning excitedly as she jumped into Yuta’s arms upon her arrival at Tsunade’s office. Naruto was also grinning as he hugged Nina and Ayu and shook hands with Hiroki and Tetsushi. Kakashi gave the group a small wave as he placed his arm around Mito’s shoulders. Mito smiled softly at the group as she shifted Mia in her arms once more.

“It’s so nice to see you guys again,” Mito said softly. Nina grinned as she ran up to Mito and hugged her, being extra careful not to crush Mia. Mito returned the hug with her free arm just as Kakashi took Mia away from Mito.

“I figured you would need both of your arms to hug someone,” Kakashi joked. Mito smiled as she let go of Nina. She looked over at Ayu, Tetsushi, Hiroki, and Yuta with a small smile on her face.

“You’ve grown so much over the past seven years… all of you,” Mito breathed as Yuta approached them. He was grinning excitedly, as if Naruto had just given him a few tips on pranking people.

“Hey Mito. Hey Kakashi,” Yuta said happily. Kakashi waved to Yuta with his free hand just as Mito pulled her brother into a hug.

“I’ve missed you so much,” Mito whispered. Yuta smiled as he returned the hug.

“I’ve missed you too,” Yuta replied as his sister released him. Naruto, Sakura, Ayu, Tetsushi, Hiroki, Karuta, and Kazuko had just approached the others as well.

“Mito, are you ever gonna come visit us?” Ayu asked quietly. Mito smiled as she folded her arms across her chest.

“Can we go? Please mom? Please?” Karuta and Kazuko begged. The twins were looking from their mother to their father excitedly. Mito glanced over at Kakashi, who nodded in acceptance.

“I don’t see why not… but not today. Perhaps in a couple weeks,” Mito replied. She made a mental note to not write them between today and the day she was going to visit them. She planned on surprising them. Karuta and Kazuko grinned happily as they hugged their mother.

“Will you write before you come?” Yuta asked with a smile. Mito shrugged innocently, grinning as she did. “Oh, alright then. Be that way.”

“I will be that way,” Mito replied, still grinning.

“Well, we should probably be going. It was pretty late when we left and we do have class tomorrow,” Ayu bluntly pointed out. Hiroki and Tetsushi nodded in agreement. The group said their goodbyes and left, leaving the Hatake family, Naruto, and Sakura in Tsunade’s office. Tsunade and Shizune smiled softly as Kakashi looked over at them.

“I assume you’ll be asking for a day off in a couple weeks, Kakashi?” Tsunade asked.

“Of course! I’m not staying here if that’s what you think!” Kakashi replied. Tsunade smiled and walked up to Kakashi, placing her hand on his shoulder.

“Then you can have it. Just let me know before you leave,” Tsunade stated.
    /\/\/\/\/\
    The sky was a beautiful shade of orange and yellow. Mito smiled softly as she leaned into Kakashi. The couple was standing on the top of Hokage Mountain while Naruto and Sakura stayed at home, watching their three children.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Mito asked softly. Kakashi smiled as he pulled his mask down. Seconds later, he had placed a gentle kiss on Mito’s neck.

“Not as beautiful as you, my love,” Kakashi whispered. “Or our children.”

Mito shifted so that she could look into Kakashi’s single black eye. Kakashi took her left hand and entwined it with his right. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, lingering for a few seconds longer than necessary, before kissing her left hand.

“I love you, Kakashi,” Mito whispered ever so softly.

“I love you too, Mito. More than you could ever imagine,” Kakashi said softly just before kissing Mito passionately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12