User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main RP: Mount Deckbi

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,814 (0 Banked)

Default Main RP: Mount Deckbi

Banner by Mistral

"This active volcano is unforgivable terrain. Fire, Rock, and Ground types are about the only creatures who can stand its heat long enough to call it their home. A wide, spiraling trail snakes up the deep red mountain's side. Higher altitudes are almost completely choked out by ash, while the lower and surrounding portions are completely devoid of plant life, hosting only ashen rock. A complex cave system snakes through the mountain's unsteady gut. Ranger Outpost Number Four is located here."
    Last edited by Soulmaster; 11-25-17 at 11:47 PM.

URPG Stats
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator | Judge
    Park Characters | AH: Ixin - Damian | Legend Tracker
    AIM/Discord: WinterVines
    Hatches at 1495

Steel Soul Design TeamURPG StaffAdministratorSuper Moderator K'sariya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,592 (0 Banked)

NBP #1
    The smell of sulfur hangs heavy in the air. Ash rains thickly but slowly down from the heavens in suffocating layers, coating the red rock mountain in a sheet of dull gray.

A solitary figure treks up the slope to the stone gate. Bulging, boxy backpack ascends high over the silhouette's hunched form, almost twice her size. She leads her charge with a crooked cane, thrusting it forward into the earth. Soot flies with every stab and every step. The bright red of her kimono gradually sinks away as she becomes more and more covered in the volcano's grime. Only the iridescent glimmer of her goggles strikes out in the dim. It's the height of the day; everywhere else in the nearby regions bathe in a beautiful, sunny afternoon. Deckbi, however, simmers beneath a layer of ash.

In all of her years, Babbs isn't sure she's seen it fall this heavily before. It is all slow, dancing side to side down like dirtied snow in fat flakes, and yet it still clogs unsuspecting lungs if they take a breath at an inopportune moment. The elderly woman breathes slowly through barely-parted lips and uses her nose only on the exhales. There is no wind and even though the ash blocks out the sun with impenetrable clouds, it is still extremely warm--almost insufferably so. The world seems to stagnate beneath the stale air.

And yet it's a perfect day for a run.

While the limited visibility hides it, Babbs knows that out there on the mountain slopes are a plethora of Pokemon--prey creatures take the opportunity to move about when they cannot be easily seen, and predators take the opportunity to lay ambushes in the masking dim.

At the top of the hill, the old woman waits, combat boots and wind-breaking gear hidden beneath the loose, long folds of her kimono. She comes to rest with both hands on the cane, posture hunched over to lean on it for support that it looks like she needs with the comically huge backpack hanging heavy on her shoulders. She's got names: Sharcus and Thad. Nobody else in their right mind would come up the mountain in this weather, so she only needed to wait for a pair of figures to know it would be them.

Encounter Stats:
    none yet

Trainer Stats:
    Spoiler:
    Sharcus and Thad at Mt. Deckbi!
    Remaining Encounters:
    Environment: Ash is raining more heavily than usual, but otherwise calm.
    Pokemon Encountered: none yet!
    Pokemon Captured: none yet!

Morru/Sharcus' Items: 1x Honey, 1x Poképlayer, 10x Poké-Doll, 1x Intermediate Sigilyph Voice Disk, 1x Intermediate Skarmory Voice Disk, 1x Intermediate Jangmo-o Voice Disk, 1x Borderline Onix Voice Disk, 1x Borderline Ponyta Voice Disk, 4x Lava Cookie, 5x Energy Powder, 4x Hyper Balls, 2x Park Balls, 1x Calming Fragrance Plus, 2x Soothing Fragrance Super, 2x Soothing Fragrance Max, 1x Calming Fragrance Max, 1x Dragon-Type Repellent

Zolar/Thad's Items: 8x Park Ball, 8x Super Ball, 6x Hyper Ball, 1x PokeDoll, 3x Energy Root, 1x Calming Fragrance, 4x Soothing Fragrance Plus, Pokeplayer, 1x [Rufflet] Borderline Disc, 1x [Cubone] Uncommon Disc, Digital Camera, 3x Honey

MCR: 0 characters

Morru's Pokemon Stats:
    Spoiler:

Dracmont / Naughty / Salamence / M / Intimidate
    TMs:
    Earthquake, Substitute, Hidden Power (Psychic), Frustration, Iron Tail, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Roost, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge
    HMs: Defog
    BMs: Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance
    MTs: Aqua Tail, Draco Meteor, Heat Wave, Outrage

Zargalek / Quirky / Gyarados / M / Intimidate
    TMs:
    Earthquake, Thunder Wave, Substitute, Roar, Icy Wind, Taunt, Brine, Stone Edge, Bulldoze, Dragon Tail
    MTs: Outrage
    HMs: Surf, Waterfall

Shacklebolt / Quiet / Empoleon / M / Torrent
    TMs:
    Ice Beam, Earthquake, Hidden Power, Rain Dance, Stealth Rock, Flash Cannon, Scald

Cobalt / Naughty / Cloyster / M / Skill Link

Zolar's Pokemon Stats:
    Spoiler:

Cato / Rash / Nidoking / M / Sheer Force
    TMs:
    Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Hidden Power (Ground), Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Substitute, Curse, Rest, Sleep Talk, Bulldoze, Shadow Claw, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Water Pulse, Hone Claws, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch
    HMs: Surf, Strength
    MTs: Outrage, Super Fang, Superpower
    SMs: Morning Sun

Starmie / Docile / Natural Cure
    TMs:
    Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Icy Wind, Psych Up, Hidden Power Grass, Skill Swap, Dazzling Gleam

Doctor Dingleberry / Adamant / Metagross / Clear Body
    TMs:
    Earthquake, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Stealth Rock, Power-Up Punch, Grass Knot, Telekinesis
    HMs: Strength
    MTs: Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

Czar / Rash / Tyrantrum / M / Strong Jaw
    TMs:
    n/a
    BMs: Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang, Thunder Fang
    MTs: Iron Head
    Last edited by K'sariya; 03-16-17 at 10:32 PM.

3. Likes Zolar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,307 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

OOC: Shacklebolt/Empoleon’s Hidden Power is Ghost btw. Also I’m planning to use Dragon-Type repellent but I’ll wait until us three meet up. Also rip I prob shouldn’t have mained Salamence but here we are.
    CC (with spaces): 2062

Sharcus Creek

Soaring over Hoenn was fantastic – great skies above, and waters clear as crystal below. Perfect weather too, save of course for days when ancient, godlike beings of myth awaken and mess everything up. Yeah.

Flying into Mt. Deckbi was definitely like one of those days. Dracmont, my Salamence, barely managed to get us both through; all around volcanic ash fell heavily, only partially warded off by a streak of green light that was Dracmont’s Protect, which hung above us like a ghostly, pathetic excuse for a parasol.

“Really reminds you of Mt. Chimney…” I said, my voice trailing slightly, speaking more to myself than to Dracmont. If I had really spoken my mind I’d have said it reminded me of Canna, though at this point I pretty much equate her to that place. It was where I first saw her, after all. And also the last.

I shrugged off the thought, though not as easily as doing the same to the ash piling on my shoulders—Dracmont’s Protect had faded. The Salamence snarled, annoyed that soot started clinging to his wings.

“Get used to it bud, I don’t think this will be letting up any time soon.”

At that, Dracmont flapped his wings rapidly, the crimson pair slicing through the air around us in an attempt to repel the falling ash. But it resumed just as quickly as it had cleared, prompting a low growl from Dracmont.

Eventually we reached the hill top where I was told I’d meet our Ranger. As always, Dracmont landed with flair, flapping his wings as he descended, kicking up red earth as he did so. I recalled him into his Ultra Ball and tried to look for Thad and our Ranger, but it looked like I was first to arrive. Or at least I thought I was.

Standing literally stone-still I originally mistook her for a boulder, I saw a woman bent by old age or by her enormous backpack, or more likely both, sternly observing the ash-laden environment.

Once again I’m reminded of Mt. Chimney, but not because of Canna this time.

I went up to her, a cheeky grin growing on my face. “You got any Lava Cookies on ya granny? And have you seen a Ranger around here?“
    you'll see how it's faded
    Elrond - Today at 1:43 PM
    stop it morru we all know ur fursona is a Houndoom crossed with a thestral

i do urpg
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    266 (0 Banked)

OOC: Sorry this took so long, guys. Won't happen again.
    CC: 1,494

"Damn, Cato, I should've brought Toews to fly our asses in, huh?" I spoke to the large, purple dinosaur strolling beside me. Cato the Nidoking, one of my most trusted companions, gave a slight nod as even he began to tire from the long stretch we had walked already. The ash fell heavily like snow from the enormous volcano we headed towards.

The grand mountain we scaled was, in fact, the infamous Mt. Deckbi. Thad had never been there before, however, it felt all too familiar due to the mountain ranges near his hometown.

The duo continued to climb to the designated meeting point where they were expected to meet up with an old friend and their ranger. The sulfuric smell grew stronger as they ascended and through the gray ash, two figures could be seen standing near each other.

Cato immediately recognized the man standing there and grew excited at the sight of Sharcus standing there. His strides became longer as he began to run towards my old friend, who had known him since his days as a mere Nidoran.

I struggled to keep up with the large Pokemon as we finally reached the plateau, of sorts, and I finally caught the full few of the two standing there.

“Well, I’ll be a son-of-a-bitch, how you doing, Sharcus? It’s been too damn long!” I said excitedly towards my good friend. Cato was standing near him with his tail wagging like a Poochyena’s when a treat is being offered. “And I presume this young lady must be our ranger? Sorry for the language miss, it’s just a force of habit.”
    Last edited by Zolar; 04-07-17 at 09:34 AM.
    Morru - Today at 12:06 AM
    WHEN WEIR IS MORE MAGNUM THAN MORRU MAGNUM

6. Likes Mako liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,592 (0 Banked)

NBP #1
    She sees a spot of red strike through the air up above. Dark clots of ash part in the Salamence's wake. Watery blue eyes squint at the figure as it approaches--Salamence seems to be a popular choice among her Trainers. Great beast alights, sending gray clouds up around its bulk, and a smear of startling electric blue jumps from its back. Vibrant-haired Trainer begins to stride toward her and she already knows from the way he carries himself, he'll probably be trouble. Small smirk tugs up her jowls with friendly anticipation. A challenge is always welcome.

With the draconian creature lumbering behind him, he approaches, giving a snarky shout. Pale eyes crinkle with the widening of her smile at the joking inquiry. "Oh! I do, sonny, I'm just afraid they're a bit too expensive for a poor chap like you," comes her playful but scolding jeer. He'd need a Lava Cookie soon if he kept invoking the granny's sick burns, so the Ranger hopes he'll shape up. By then, her attention is drawn by a violet figure charging up the rise. The Nidoking promptly perches beside the jokester, massive tail swinging back and forth through the ash, churning up quite a suffocating mess.

Without even blinking, Babbs pulls up the scarf about her neck to shield her respiratory system from the choking substance. The man's companion seems to be more affable, turning to complimentary. She gives a chuckle. "Flattery don't work on me, hun, but dinner does. Take notes, the both of you." Babbs gives her cane a little wag and begins to set off down the hill.

"The name's Babbs. When you're with me, I run the place, kiddos." Small legs move deceptively quickly beneath dust-muted kimono. "I was dealin' with this mountain before you all were lil' swimmers in the sack. Changed Deckbi's diapers when it was but an ant hill. So when you're with me, I'm in charge, kiddos," she drones, somehow effortlessly managing to mix reminiscing and lecturing into a legendarily-powerful concoction of boring. "Now, the mountain's not feelin' too well, so I'd advise you watch your st--"

She cuts off mid-sentence, pausing with foot still hovering in the air. Babbs hesitates, then backs away, fixing a critical eye on the spot she'd almost stepped on.

The lump of ash she'd nearly planted her foot in shifts ominously in two different places, one larger and one smaller. Babbs casts a dubious glance back to her two companions. "Somethin's waiting for ya," she drawls, shuffling back to let them deal with their mystery nodes.

Encounter Stats:
    Large Mystery Lump & Small Mystery Lump
    ? / ???? / ??? & ? / ???? / ???
    vs
    ?? & ??

Trainer Stats:
    Spoiler:
    Remaining Encounters:

Morru/Sharcus' Items: 1x Honey, 1x Poképlayer, 10x Poké-Doll, 1x Intermediate Sigilyph Voice Disk, 1x Intermediate Skarmory Voice Disk, 1x Intermediate Jangmo-o Voice Disk, 1x Borderline Onix Voice Disk, 1x Borderline Ponyta Voice Disk, 4x Lava Cookie, 5x Energy Powder, 4x Hyper Balls, 2x Park Balls, 1x Calming Fragrance Plus, 2x Soothing Fragrance Super, 2x Soothing Fragrance Max, 1x Calming Fragrance Max, 1x Dragon-Type Repellent

Zolar/Thad's Items: 8x Park Ball, 8x Super Ball, 6x Hyper Ball, 1x PokeDoll, 3x Energy Root, 1x Calming Fragrance, 4x Soothing Fragrance Plus, Pokeplayer, 1x [Rufflet] Borderline Disc, 1x [Cubone] Uncommon Disc, Digital Camera, 3x Honey

Morru/Sharcus' MCR: 2,062 characters
    Zolar/Thad's MCR: 1,494 characters

Morru's Pokemon Stats:
    Spoiler:

TMs:
    Earthquake, Substitute, Hidden Power (Psychic), Frustration, Iron Tail, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Roost, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge

TMs:
    Earthquake, Thunder Wave, Substitute, Roar, Icy Wind, Taunt, Brine, Stone Edge, Bulldoze, Dragon Tail

TMs:
    Ice Beam, Earthquake, Hidden Power, Rain Dance, Stealth Rock, Flash Cannon, Scald

Zolar's Pokemon Stats:
    Spoiler:

TMs:
    Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Hidden Power (Ground), Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Substitute, Curse, Rest, Sleep Talk, Bulldoze, Shadow Claw, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Water Pulse, Hone Claws, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch

TMs:
    Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Icy Wind, Psych Up, Hidden Power Grass, Skill Swap, Dazzling Gleam

TMs:
    Earthquake, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Stealth Rock, Power-Up Punch, Grass Knot, Telekinesis

TMs:
    n/a

8. Likes Mako liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,307 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

CC (with spaces): 1869

Sharcus Creek

The woman turned to me, and there was austerity carved in the lines of her face. It did not last long, however. “Oh! I do, sonny,” she said smilingly, “I’m just afraid they’re a bit too expensive for a poor chap like you.”

I laughed. I could already tell our excursion wasn’t going to be boring in the slightest.

Then out of nowhere a Nidoking comes up to me, its tail wagging excitedly. “Cato!” I exclaim. I could recognize that face anywhere. I almost tried petting the purple beast but caught myself; I’ve made the same mistake from when he was still just a Nidoran, and safe to say they weren’t kidding when they called one of its abilities Poison Point.

Sure enough Thad was right behind Cato, and after a brief exchange—told him I’ve left Aqua since last we’ve spoken—our Ranger introduced herself as Babbs. I half-listened as she talked about Mt. Deckbi, though she made it clear that she was in charge, and that I didn’t doubt.

We began to walk downhill, and it wasn’t long until something was before us. Somethings, actually: there were two of them. None of us could be sure what they were exactly though. Two ash mounds stirred, one larger than the other, prompting Babbs to look back at us and say, “Somethin’s waitin for ya.”

I make my move and called out my Empoleon, Shacklebolt, from out of his Poké Ball. The regal form of the Emperor Pokémon materialized in front of us, with the sleek, polished metal bordering his wings glinting bright blue.

“Shacklebolt! Use your Water Sport on that lump over there,” I ordered the Empoleon, pointing to the larger of the two ash mounds. If something’s burrowing underneath, I figured water would draw it out. Shacklebolt nodded to me and started to perform the move. I watched as the Empoleon motioned his wings in a seemingly random pattern until strings of water droplets started forming around him.

“Release it now!”

10. Likes ~K'sariya liked this post
    i do urpg
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    266 (0 Banked)

OOC: I'll be posting much quicker from here on out.
    CC: 1,661

After short introductions were had, our Ranger, a feisty granny known as Babbs, gave us quick jests and the imagery she presented in her speech was mildly disturbing, but I knew I’d feed off of this energy during the run. We began to proceed downhill for maybe 5 feet before Babbs stopped midstep. The confusion between me and Cato was clearly mirrored in one another from our similar personalities.

Two lumps were presented before us, one large and one small. Babbs turned back at us and said, "Somethin's waiting for ya," and immediately I knew that beneath these mounds were two Pokemon indigenous to the Deckbi area.

I took a quick glace over at Sharcus and noticed that he had favored the large pile, “Classic Sharcus.” I thought. He had sent out a large, blue penguin Pokemon to start off his first encounter. It was his Empoleon and as I watched him as he commanded it to use Water Sport to remove the ash and see what was before him. However, this was more of a dance than a move and Shacklebolt, as the Empoleon was known as, began to move its wings around and water began to form around it.

“They teach you that in Aqua? Man, you must love putting on a show for those dorks,” I joked towards Sharcus. “Alright, Cato. Water Pulse the smaller pile there.”

Cato looked at me with an eye-roll. He didn’t favor using that move because he knew just how strong he was and Water Pulse was anything but. However, he obliged and opened his large, tooth-filled maw and a small sphere of water appeared in the back of his throat. It grew larger until he spewed it out towards the small ash pile. A cone of water forced its way in the direction of the buried Pokemon.
    Morru - Today at 12:06 AM
    WHEN WEIR IS MORE MAGNUM THAN MORRU MAGNUM

12. Likes Mako liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,592 (0 Banked)

BP #1
    Sharcus summons a Pokemon that Babbs hasn't seen for quite some time--an Empoleon. The tall, glistening penguin gives a small stretch as it's released. Sharp, steel-edged wings stretch briefly downward. Suffocating ash quickly begins to dull the metal on his form.

Shacklebolt, as the creature is dubbed, begins to gesture with his flippers. Motions prove small, understated as the quiet creature balks away from showing off with extravagant movements. Disturbance of the wind causes the ash about moving wings to shift. A glistening string of watery beads begins to follow his small motions within a few moments. The pristine moisture is quickly sullied by the flakes of gray that thickly coat the air.

The choice draws a playful remark from Sharcus' companion. Babbs suppresses a small smile. Their companionship will prove amusing, in the long run--having two Trainers with some sort of chemistry always made things far more interesting than two awkwardly silent nitwits. Soon after the jest, however, Thad buckles down to get to business, ordering a Water Pulse from his Nidoking.

Cato is mildly displeased with the order; the Rash Pokemon gives a bit of a frustrated grunt at having to hold himself back. But he obeys nonetheless, only able to restrain himself in the current calm. Once the adrenaline of battle set in, there would be no manners to his fighting style. Jaws part to reveal daunting fangs. Swirling water begins to form above dark pink tongue, bubbling until it bursts forward in a cone, simultaneous with Shacklebolt's own attack.

They explode at the same moment.

The water startles the duo of Pokemon from their buried refuges and out into the open. A plume of ash is tossed right in both Shacklebolt's and Cato's faces. The Empoleon gives a cry that is dwarfed by the Nidoking's roar as both Pokemon can't help but stumble back a bit, wings and claws darting to try to clear their eyes of the ashy Sand Attack.

Through the plumes of ash come the Pokemon that had caused them. The Sandslash from the larger mound soars at Shacklebolt, its impossibly long twin claws suddenly glowing with a sharp cerulean glow. Crush Claw slams into the strip of metal on the blinded Empoleon's chest before it can clear the ash from its eyes. Ground shrew strikes with impressive force--the blow not only knocks back the penguin, but it also splits the metal as it takes away the Empoleon's frontward defenses!

Shacklebolt quickly rights himself as he bends a stream of water to clear his vision, keeping his cool even in the face of close combat--something that's not his strong suit. He quickly strikes metal-tipped fins on the ground, striking up a myriad of pointed rocks around him to try to ward off the Sandslash from getting too close, wanting to keep his distance. His opponent pauses briefly at the edge of them, waiting to see what the Empoleon would do, almost as if it searches for further weakness in its defenses.

From the smaller mound (and therefor, smaller plume of blinding ash) comes a Sandshrew, likely the child of the evolved form that battles beside it. The smaller plated Pokemon manages to score a slash across Cato's front plate while he's blinded. Thick armor of the Nidoking doesn't take too much of a hit from the younger creature's claws. Cato lashes out with a roar. Dark energy overtakes its talons as it strikes blindly at the Pokemon that had attacked it. The Shadow Claw hits the Sandshrew's tough hide and sends the rolled-up Ground type flying. It bounces to the ground in a spray of ash and rolls. Streaking form rounds back around as it Rollouts back toward Cato, who has finally recovered from the makeshift Sand Attack.

Encounter Stats:

Sandslash & Sandshrew
    ? / ??? / ???? & ? / ??? / ????
    vs

Shacklebolt & Nidoking
    M / Quiet / Torrent & M / Rash / Sheer Force

Trainer Stats:
    Spoiler:
    Remaining Encounters:

Morru/Sharcus' MCR: 3,931characters
    Zolar/Thad's MCR: 3,155 characters

Morru's Pokemon Stats:
    Spoiler:

TMs:

TMs:

TMs:

Zolar's Pokemon Stats:
    Spoiler:

TMs:

TMs:

TMs:

TMs:
    n/a

14. Likes Mako liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,307 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

CC (with spaces): 1788

Sharcus Creek

"Well man,” I said back to Thad, grinning. “What can I say? Remember that night we raided the Omega Alpha Delta’s house? You know I’ve always been quite the performer.”

It’s funny how much time has passed since we were merely breaking into sorority houses, and that now we find ourselves in this forbidding place with no one but the sassiest granny I’ve ever met to guide us—frankly speaking though, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Shacklebolt released his attack and so does Cato—Water Sport and Water Pulse, respectively—and chaos ensued. From the mounds came out a Sandslash and a Sandshrew, sending ash straight to our Pokémon’s faces, causing them both to stagger backwards. The wild pair then moved to attack; Shacklebolt was hit by the Sandslash with what looked to be a Crush Claw, and from the sound of the resulting clang had cracked the metal it came into contact with.

In response, Shacklebolt defensively drew stones from the ground with Stealth Rock; thick and jagged, they surrounded him in a formation that resembled the Empoleon’s own crown.

“You all right, ‘bolt?” I called out to the Empoleon, and he nodded at me reassuringly.

I looked back and see Cato’s also been attacked by the Sandshrew. Until now, I’ve only encountered these Pokémon on my way to Fallarbor Town in Hoenn, when Archie had us snoop around that eccentric Professor Cozmo’s house. I wasn’t really interested in catching either, so I turn to Thad and asked if he thought otherwise. It seemed that we were on the same page though, so I open my drawstring bag and grab one of the Poké Dolls I bought back at the Park Shop.

I threw the Doll right in front of the Sandslash and the Sandshrew and withdrew Shacklebolt into his Poké Ball, hoping it would provide enough of a distraction for us to escape.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,592 (0 Banked)

Post #1

A dark blanket of grey clouds lays heavy on the sky, casting the monumental mountain in a drab, desaturated shade. Where deep shadows had once created enough drama for any artist on the mountain's cliffs and chasms, there was only flat color and muted tones. There was rain on the wind--blessed, rare rain--and because of it, the humidity was high. The air felt like something you had to swim through. Babbs practically broke a sweat the second it made contact with her skin.

This was the kind of weather that made Babbs consider staying home, in her cool, cozy cabin, where she could camp out in front of a fan. But it was Deckbi's energy that drew her. Even from its edges, she could feel the place like it was charged with static just waiting for something to happen. She recognizes the feeling. Rain was so rare on Deckbi that many of its creatures, even the fire types, emerge to wait for it to come. The mountain was crawling with activity.

An orange bird, streaked with black and white feathers, swoops down to the spot where she lingers at the mountain's base. Talons release a weighted envelope that falls heavily into her waiting hands. Inside are the brief profiles of the two Trainers she'll be taking together today. The first one she recognizes as soon as she reads the name--Algar. A small smile twitches at the corner of her lips. He was becoming quite the regular, it seems. The other is less familiar--Evan. Fardreamer? Interesting last name, but she can't say it's the most strange she's heard. The Park attracted all sorts of visitors from a myriad of interesting and unexpected backgrounds. Perhaps this was one of them.

Pale blue eyes turn down the weathered path, the one they should be arriving on at any moment. She stores away the envelope into her impossibly-large hiker's backpack. Cane shuffles against the hardened dirt. The ancient woman leans on it as she waits.

Encounter Stats:
    none yet!

Trainer Stats:
    Spoiler:
    Algar and Evan at Mt. Deckbi!
    Remaining Encounters:
    Environment:

Gold/Algar's Items: Digital Camera, Apricorn Box, Park Balls (x5), Super Balls (x3), Hyper Balls (x2), Honey (x20), Type Repellent (x1), Lava Cookies (x2), Energy Powders (x3), Energy Powder+ (x3), Revival Herb (x2), Drilbur Voice Disc, Lycanroc-Midnight Bellow Disk

Evan's Items: Digital Camera, Apricorn Box, Park Ball (x5), Super Ball (x3), Hyper Ball (x2), Lava Cookie (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Energy Powder Plus (x1), Revival Herb (x2)

Gold/Algar's CC: 0 characters (0 characters total)
    Evan's CC: 0 characters (0 characters total)

Gold's Pokemon Stats:
    Spoiler:

Pressie / Murkrow / Naughty / F / Prankster
    EMs:
    Calm Mind, Dark Pulse, Detect, Hidden Power Fighting, Icy Wind, Psychic, Psych Up, Roost, Shadow Ball, Substitute, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Brave Bird, Feather Dance, Swagger, Mirror Move, Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Whirlwind, Heat Wave, Protect, Ominous Wind, Thief, Mimic, Curse, Defog, Fly, Attract, Confuse Ray, Snatch, Quick Attack

Willow / Ninetales-Alolan / Jolly / F / Snow Warning
    EMs:
    Agility, Encore, Freeze-Dry, Moonblast, Aurora Veil, Dark Pulse, Calm Mind, Dream Eater, Frost Breath, Hidden Power Fire, Protect, Substitute, Psych Up, Psyshock, Round, Aqua Tail, Foul Play, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Pain Split, Zen Headbutt, Hypnosis

Virgo / Starmie / Hardy / G / Natural Cure
    EMs:
    Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, Hidden Power Fire, Ice Beam, Thunder Wave, Pain Split, Thunderbolt, Psyshock, Trick Room, Grass Knot, Flash Cannon, Dazzling Gleam, Icy Wind, Toxic, Tri-Attack

Evan's Pokemon Stats:
    Spoiler:

Aran / Gengar / Calm / M / Levitate
    EMs:
    Shadow Claw, Protect, Taunt, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Haze, Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp, Icy Wind, Pain Split, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power (Fire), Psychic, Mimic, Substitute, Rain Dance, Explosion, Thief, Snatch, Psych Up, Rock Smash, Ominous Wind, Giga Drain

Dragonite / Jolly / M / Multiscale
    EMs:
    Surf, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Dive, Rock Smash, Extremespeed, Defog, Fly, Heal Bell

Breakwater / Blastoise / Jolly / M / Torrent
    EMs:
    Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Brick Break, Dive, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Aqua Ring, Aqua Jet