PokeBucks
    1,094 (25 Banked)

Default An Electric Meeting [CAPTURE]

An Electric Meeting

-----

Simple
    Elekid

-----

One wants a hug and the other wonders what they're looking at. I wonder if electric types function as bug-zappers? it looks like Wurmple might be about to find out.

I was tempted to see if this counted high enough to get Elekid AND Wurmple, but then decided not to press my luck and just went for Elekid only. OTL

-----

Attempting to catch an Elekid
    [concice review please!]
    -----

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,315 (0 Banked)

oyster

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,315 (0 Banked)

Concise Curation @ An Electric Meeting
    =======================
    Target: Elekid (Simple)
    Evaluation: Medium! ★★★
    =======================
    YEET
    Bright, vivid colors accompied by clean and neat linework
    Visible story within the illustration, easily identifiable interaction between characters
    Good details on Wurmple, unique deviation from canonical design with slight bends on horns and spikes.
    Creative rendition of Elekid drawn similarly to a gorilla or orangutan; bulky body structure and sturdy forearms look very good. Still maintains features that allow it be identifiable as Elekid (head plug; bolt patterns). Great fur detail across the body.
    Quaint grassy background for the setting; fitting for scene and sets a peaceful mood for the composition.

not so yeet...
    Grass looks multi-toned but the bushes on either side lack the same detail
    Deeper values in shading could increase the depth of the characters and the scene
    Baby gorillas do not seem to have developed such a bony/bulky body as their parents (making this comparison since Elekid is a baby pokemon)
    =======================

Really great to see a fuller composition from you! Again, nice basic fundamentals including linework & color, and your unique realistic takes on Pokemon anatomy. Things that could bring this up to Hard may include some more work in the background (sky portion is empty) and stronger shadows so we can properly assess things like lightsource!

The piece overall hits Medium! So you can claim and Elekid & $5,000 extra; however, for multi-captures both subjects need to be at the target level (which would be Medium at Easy+Simple). Elekid shows quite a bit more detail (fist curling up at the bottom, fur texture), but Wurmple is lacking just a little bit. If we could get some dark shading on its body to show how hard/glossy the red outer body is, and some depth on the underbelly; I think you can pick up Wurmple as a multi-capture instead of the $5k!

Sorry about the hold-up; feel free to update your piece for Wurmple or claim Elekid and the extra money!
    Last edited by oribhel; 12-05-18 at 06:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,094 (25 Banked)

Ah; alright. I can't do much more to Wurmple as it is, since the color I picked isn't taking added shadows very well. I can definitely make some changes to the background and the bushes though, and some more shading for Elekid! I'll see what changes i can make and get an updated version up sometime soon. Thank you!

Going to decline claiming anything at the moment to see where the edited version gets me.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,094 (25 Banked)

Default Attempting to up the rank oof

An Electric Meeting

-----
    MEDIUM?
    (idk how to label multi-captures oof)

Elekid + Wurmple

-----
    Trying to bring this up to standards so I can get Elekid AND Wurple! Added additional shading to both Pokemon, and some more effort into the background textures. The color on Wurple is so dark it muddles the shadows some but i tried my best to make it more clear.
    -----
    Attempting to catch an Elekid + Wurmple!
    [Not sure what review type this is since it's a resubmit oof]
    -----

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,315 (0 Banked)

Hi Fenris thanks for taking the time to update and get back on this!

New Yeet
    ======================
    ☺︎Stronger depth througout the entire piece; We see enhanced shading on Elekid, and although not as visible through the dark red on Wurple, theres a lot of new shading on the underside and even on the horns!

☺︎Expansion to the background including a sky, detailed foliage, & trees. The addition of blue creating an upper border to the picture really makes it look like a photo snapshot, rather than just a scene in empty space.
    =====================

Given the circumstances with traditional media, we know it's probably difficult to update the Wurmple, so I think the wonderful additions you've added otherwise pull you through! It's a definite pass at Medium, and you can take both Elekid and Wurmple home!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,094 (25 Banked)

Claiming them both!

Thank you for re-critiquing this and for your wonderful feedback! I really appreciate the effort! (especially since I spam art queue so much and give you so much work OTL)