PokeBucks
    1,094 (25 Banked)

Default If You Give A Mouse an Oran...[CAPTURE]

If You Give A Mouse an Oran...

-----

SIMPLE
    Pichu

-----

...he's going to ask for a glass of Moo Moo Milk?

-----

Attempting to catch a Pichu!
    [full review please!]
    -----
    Last edited by Fenris; 12-03-18 at 07:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,735 (8,967 Banked)

claim

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,735 (8,967 Banked)

Things That Work
    [x]Scene
    Despite its hyperfine focus, which I address later, is sentimental and is cute! Bravo!

[x]Form of Pichu
    Its conversion into an irl mouse was adorable. I love how you took your time with the outiline as it does the most to suggest its form. Like I even feel its weight just from the outlines. Even being minimal, with gripes over the paws, I think you did a wonderful job.

Things that You can Improve

[x] Extremely narrow focus

Narrow focus on the subject can be intriguing, but remember hyperfine attention to detail will also mean that your room for error will decrease tremendously, which means that both pressure is heightened when you draw and can force you into a rut. I've chatted with you on discord about how your focus can be limiting and I've noticed how you have been going through all of our published material with a fine tooth comb for typos which gives me the impression that you are a stickler for the details. It can be good but I think the blank background hinders the drawing a little. It's a small creature, I know, Pichu is a mouse, but even pokemon based on small creatures are at least a foot! Because you only give me the blueberry as a ruler, it suggests that such a small area would be impossible to make an interesting background, unless you drew Pichu smaller. Even then, a mere suggestion of say a wooden or tiled floor would be enough make this drawing a scene. I think the blank background is choking it a little! Let it breathe~

[x] better definition of the form/lack of shadow
    After all of the careful outlines, I was expecting more rendering of shadows! Feel free to layer markers! If you're using Copics, then they're designed to be layered. Take use of their colorless blender and if two ink colors get mixed together scribble on another sheet of paper until it becomes clean again! (You can always buy refills!) The cast shadows are also absent. What I believe were attempts at cast shadows were almost too soft and I don't understand why they're extending in both directions. It really would be interested in seeing you push yourself to blend and create more robust shadows.

Since the new rules suggest getting the form correct above all else, I'd say this drawing a medium-lowish simple. Have your bby anime rat, (I'm a mimikyu fanatic, personally.) :P

EDIT: Artist told me personally they were fine with a concise review!
    Last edited by juliorain; 12-04-18 at 10:43 PM.

Img Made by Morru/Mako