User Tag List

Thread: Dirty Fairy Killers Playing with them

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,735 (8,967 Banked)

Default Dirty Fairy Killers Playing with them

who thought they couldn't get along?

Aiming to capture two cutieflies. I would like a short curation, please.

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    17,784 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by juliorain View Post
    who thought they couldn't get along?

Aiming to capture two cutieflies. I would like a short curation, please.

I claim this to further the goals of Goldtopia
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    Competitive Showdown player
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    17,784 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I claim this to further the goals of Goldtopia
    FAIRY!

Gray would faint in delight seeing this, though maybe not Metagross

Anyways IN DIS

Things you did well:
    -Emotion. Once again, your scenebuilding is phenomenal, and I truly felt that the Steel types were happy to be with the Fairy types.
    -background. Even the simple one you drew gave the piece a sense of unity and structure, and I like the little details you added in to make it more interesting. I don't mind the messiness as much for a dual-Simple capture, and even then what you did was done well.
    -shading. props especially for the stuff under Metagross, looks really clean.

Things you didn't do as well:
    -Anatomy. I understand why you went with rounded tops for Metagross's legs, so that was understandable if a little jarring. It was similar with Metagross's eyes, though this one was a lot better since it was close enough to the original and added something meaningful to the piece. I'd also take a look at smoothing Ribombee over a little, perhaps by adding the two antennae it normally has or making the face look more like Ribombee's; another option would be to make the wings less translucent and shape them more like Ribombee's. Lastly, Excadrill's left arm seems a little disjointed no matter which way I look at it, and isn't nearly as clean as the one on its right. I will say I loved Axew a lot, it's really well done.
    -Subject. While we get a lot of life and emotion from Axew, Metagross, Excadrill, and Ribombee, we don't get nearly as much emotion or as much of the draw of the piece from the multitudes of Cutiefly around them. Even the most detailed one, on top of Axew's head, doesn't give us much, and I wanna see them more fleshed out. Really give it that fairy spirit!

Overall, while I really like what you've done with the piece overall and the steel mons within it, I don't think this passes for two Cutiefly. However, I definitely think the Ribombee has enough to award you one Cutiefly, and if you make some minimal edits to bring some of the other Cutiefly into more detailed spots I'd be happy to give you the second one. If you have any questions feel free to DM me on Discord!
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    Competitive Showdown player
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,735 (8,967 Banked)

ugh working on small screens is a pain.... If I'd uploaded it to my larger screen, I would have seen all those errors you pointed out...

will see what I can do...

it's really funny how radically different these images look on different screens!

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,735 (8,967 Banked)

at any rate, I'll claim the cutiefly, and I'll give more definition to the others as they need it so badly.

(was given permission to claim the first one)

Img Made by Morru/Mako