User Tag List

Thread: Vulpix in Lanakila Resubmit

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,735 (8,967 Banked)

Default Vulpix in Lanakila Resubmit

This is an extremely controversial drawing from my past, originally submitted on bmg:

https://pokemonurpg.com/archive/art-...ve.225991.html

graded by @K'sariya.

The original img is broken, but essentially one of the main issues aside from Vulpix's squatness, the pencil bled through the wax crayon, and with my poor lighting conditions along with bad editing skills made the pencil lines and smudges even darker than they were on paper. I put a layer of white crayon over the drawing stupidly, so those areas are especially exposed. There are smudges in her ears and on her cheek I couldn't remove because of the white wax layer above the graphite. It was a disaster, I know, but probably not going for any more large crayon drawings!

There is a dark blue layered with the black in the background which the camera didn't pick up well lol!

Considering the recent changes in the art dept I encouraged to retake the img in better lighting to bring out its color and hide the pencil a bit more.

The paper size is 11x14 and took me hours just to get the entire page covered.

Yes, I'd like a capture attempt at Alolan Vulpix.

Its final form is right here:

Had to use my soft pastels to go over some of the wax and deepen the color.
    Last edited by juliorain; 11-25-18 at 01:18 AM.

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,315 (0 Banked)

clam

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,315 (0 Banked)

Concise Curation @ Vulpix in Lanakila (Resubmission)
    =======================
    Target: Alolan Vulpix (Medium)
    Evaluation: Medium ★★★
    =======================
    YEET
    Great values here on the updated piece, all the colors are strong and vibrant
    Cold tone throughout the piece; matches the icy features of the subject
    Subject is easily identifiable; stands out as the focus of the composition
    Background is a little abstract; but doesn't take away too much from the piece; fills space nicely and sports a nice looking gradient

not so yeet...
    Minor nitpicks about body details like the tail being more similar to a Kanto Vulpix than an Alolan; and unsymmetrical features like the ears
    =======================

You've got an original pose for Vulpix, a full background, and you've employed some good coloration all around. The small things holding it back from Hard would be the ambiguous nature of the ice blocks (?), the shapes are very geometrical and out of place for a natural scene like a Mountain. Some stronger anatomical form on Vulpix (forelegs look thin and short compared to the body) could also help bring the piece up. Overall I really do like the piece, but I think its a little rough for Hard.

Vulpix still passes at Medium, so you can take her home!