User Tag List

Thread: W32Coravint's Art Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,500 (0 Banked)

Default W32Coravint's Art Gallery

This post will be an index page for when I get more pieces up.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,500 (0 Banked)

Untitled 1.1

This is a Cash submission.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,826 (8,967 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by W32Coravint View Post
    Untitled 1.1

This is a Cash submission.
    feel free to not make anthology threads. they get so confusing when a bunch of curators are grading a bunch of work

if it floats your boat keep attem

anyways, this is claimeddddd

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,826 (8,967 Banked)

Since you haven't specified whether or not you want a Concise or In-depth grade, I'll give you a concise grade! If you want a more in-depth curation, let me know and I'll get it to ya asap.

Things that you did well!

[x] Great Light source

Setting suns are an infinite source of inspiration and never cease to inspire. You don't understand how excited I am that you made sure that your protagonists were back-lit! A lot of people miss the fact that the biggest light-source we are exposed to is the sun! It is so easy to forget that standing in front of a lamp leaves the back of your body in the dark. It was risky to focus your scene on the sun and not the people, yet they're included.

[x] Bright Color

The bright colors tell me you took great care to consider the dusty, sandy yellow, vs the bright oranges of the sunset. Flygon is bright, yet darkened by the shadows and so it its trainer. I feel like you chose your characters' colors with the correct intensity to suggest that they are both in shadow and are full of life, as it is easy to make the colors feel too dull and lifeless in shadow.

[x] Tells a Story

The fact that your trainer and buddy looking at a sunset, with their arm extending out gives a sense of mystery and story,not including the whole figure, i.e. cutting off their legs gives me a sense that we're looking at only a snapshot of some great adventure.

Things to work on

[x] Sparse Background

With all that mystery set into play, I think you could have emphasized the background details even more. Some of the details are confusing like the giant ellipse to the left. Something more, perhaps more texture or some more times spent giving more clarity would really bring this scene even more to life.

[x] Loose Rendering Overall

Overall, the drawing feels rushed. Some of the brushes are visible which suggest form when there shouldn't, and generally the rendering is the same on the figures which suggests you tried to make atmospheric perspective. I think spending some more time would have helped settled the drawing and keep elements in the background where they need it.

[x] Flatness on the Figures

It is very difficult to shade something in shadow. This is where I think you struggled somewhat. Since you're in the dark there isn't much light around to suggest depth. In these situations, you'll need to slow down a little and define the shape of the object, otherwise we won't have much more visual information to create a sense of depth. Even a hint of reflected light on the edges of their bodies would have done wonders to have suggest depth.

Conclusion:::::::

Overall I think you presented to use a great scene, but with a lot of potential. I think you have a good set of skills in pokemon art, but I do think if you want to see them really take off, I think you need to slow down and spend some more times working on details. I'll give you a medium rank for now and come back again with some more art! Medium rank is a 10,000 cash reward!

According to standard set in my absence, and after reviewing your work, I regret to say that this is actually a high simple, which means that I can only award you 5k in cash. I mean it was tough call because the lighting is amazing, but what sets everything apart from medium/simple is the definition of form where you struggled a little. Please don't fret as it was one of those things that just missed the cut. I gave you a medium as a benefit of the doubt, but if you go back in do just a little bit more on fixing the forms, then I'll be willing to revise such a determination.
    Last edited by juliorain; 12-04-18 at 08:21 PM.

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,500 (0 Banked)

Lets do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,520 (0 Banked)

Hi, popping in for Julio to check up on your revision!

YEET
    ✦ Cleaner skies than before; less foggy and matches the style of the rest of the piece!
    ✦ Love the depth you've implemented in the mountain scenery; really makes them feel like they're looking down onto the valley.
    ✦ The new grassy area in between the mountains and the sunset create a good sense of distance within the scene!

Nitpicks
    The average Flygon height is 6'07" (2 meters); and he's looking a little small there. Maybe he's further up ahead than the trainer (?)
    Would love to see a little bit cleaner details on the subjects next time! Flygon's tail lacks a distinct outline so it looks like its meshed with the right wing!

========================

Overall love the improvement from the original submission, and I think its definitely a Medium now! You put a lot of effort into the background, and the back profile of your Flygon is easily identifiable. With a little bit more work on things like lines & detail you'll easily be able to hit Hard

$10,000 is yours, look forward to seeing more drawings from you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,500 (0 Banked)

Claiming my 10k =D