Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ori's Cash Art

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    979 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Hi Oribhel, this piece is good, have money

Oh it doesn't work that way, ok, lets get in more depth without being in-depth amirite

You did a good:
    -the colors are pristine, and the anatomy is nearly flawless. I too wanna ride on the back of a Hydreigon, take me with you.
    -expressions on Diana and Rahel are exquisite af; I also really like how the emotion is that they're being lifted up and going on a flight, you came across really well with that emotion.
    -Shading and filling are divine
    -zomg Hydreigon's main head hair is amazing can you teach me to draw like this
    -Hydreigon's face is just so good, I'm drawn to it constantly and I love the detail in the head shape and body shape

You could do a better good:
    -Rahel's hand looks like the open space between hydreigon's heads, and is slightly amorphous; making it look more like a hand would be good.
    -I dunno if you went for the vibe, but this feels like taking off at Pokemon league; the background isn't much though, and expanding on it would earn even more monies.
    -Rahel's ponytail isn't nearly as clean as the rest of the piece, and ends up sticking out a lot and distracting from big boi taking off.

Dis a Hard (20k), easily fren. Bring me with you on your next journey, and godspeed on your Eevee quest. Say hi to Diana for me!
    Tyyy claiming $20,000! Definitely got a tired with the background & everything so it's kinda sloppy everywhere

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,065 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by oribhel View Post
    mass evo day (congrats to Omicron, Roland, Bismarck, & Pazolite :sparkle:)
    Grade Request: Concise

full res: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...1/367890om.png
    Feeling the Concise Curation spirit this Tuesday morning. Claim!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,065 (0 Banked)

Things that are marvelous!

• This is a really, really fun painting to look at. The characters have very animated expressions, with the Magneton and Trainer being really standout. This gives the feel of a rambunctious, lively, close-knit team cooling down after a hard day’s training.
    • The rendering here is great. There are a lot of shiny bits, like Escavalier’s lances and Magneton’s body, which befits a troupe of glimmering, powerful steelbois who’ve just evolved. I also really love the subtle glow in Metang’s eyes, it’s a nice touch.
    • Your anatomy is really good; you’ve got a lot of Pokemon interacting in different poses and they all feel very organic. The skillfully drawn Pokemon really bring this piece to life.

Things to learn from!

• The slope on which the Trainer and Pokemon stand is visually confusing; it looks like it’s intended to be stairs, but it reads as a striped ramp. Each step on the staircase should be its own block, rather than simply being separated by a strip of shadow.
    • The anatomy on Escavalier’s bottom looks a little odd. There’s a stark, flat stop where the top of Escavalier’s bottom half begins, which you haven’t shown but should be visible here. I’m not entirely sure Escavalier would fit on Metagross like this without its rear end jutting out more.
    • There are a few messy patches which look kinda rough. Escavalier’s outlines are smeared and muddy, and Magneton’s very dark and sharp outlines look out of place with the rest of the piece.

Verdict.
    For your good expression, anatomy, and technique, and general ability to make four separate Pokemon and a human look like they’re interacting with each other in a visually and narratively logical way, I award you with the Complex Rank and $30k. Keep on drawing great scenes, make sure not to falter your perspective in the endgame, and enjoy your money!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    979 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Things that are marvelous!

• This is a really, really fun painting to look at. The characters have very animated expressions, with the Magneton and Trainer being really standout. This gives the feel of a rambunctious, lively, close-knit team cooling down after a hard day’s training.
    • The rendering here is great. There are a lot of shiny bits, like Escavalier’s lances and Magneton’s body, which befits a troupe of glimmering, powerful steelbois who’ve just evolved. I also really love the subtle glow in Metang’s eyes, it’s a nice touch.
    • Your anatomy is really good; you’ve got a lot of Pokemon interacting in different poses and they all feel very organic. The skillfully drawn Pokemon really bring this piece to life.

Things to learn from!

• The slope on which the Trainer and Pokemon stand is visually confusing; it looks like it’s intended to be stairs, but it reads as a striped ramp. Each step on the staircase should be its own block, rather than simply being separated by a strip of shadow.
    • The anatomy on Escavalier’s bottom looks a little odd. There’s a stark, flat stop where the top of Escavalier’s bottom half begins, which you haven’t shown but should be visible here. I’m not entirely sure Escavalier would fit on Metagross like this without its rear end jutting out more.
    • There are a few messy patches which look kinda rough. Escavalier’s outlines are smeared and muddy, and Magneton’s very dark and sharp outlines look out of place with the rest of the piece.

Verdict.
    For your good expression, anatomy, and technique, and general ability to make four separate Pokemon and a human look like they’re interacting with each other in a visually and narratively logical way, I award you with the Complex Rank and $30k. Keep on drawing great scenes, make sure not to falter your perspective in the endgame, and enjoy your money!

Thank you!! Claiming 30k for stats & tracker

The floor actually /is/ supposed to be just a stripe pattern ahaha... like the underground road in rby
    I wanted something simple but a solid color was kinda boring; if it wasn't clear enough and looked like stairs that's still a fair enough critique though. I just plopped Escavalier on their without planning out the composition so his lower body is definitely squished as well lol Thanks for the curation as always!