Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    557 (25 Banked)

Default A Befuddled Meeting in Viridian Woods

Capture Attempt

----------
    EASY ---> CATERPIE
    ----------

Since I need more basics, and Caterpie is a QT, I figured I'd give him a spin and see what I could do for him. Pikachu is a little confused by her new friend's eyes, but Caterpie seems just as intrigued by it's new acquaintance as well~

----------

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    16,844 (0 Banked)

Hi yes I just became a Curator but I hope I'll do a good job on this awesome piece so claiming!
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    Competitive Showdown player
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    16,844 (0 Banked)

@Fenris;
    Spoiler:

Heya Fen! It's ya boy Weir here, ready to... claim the backlog and give you more simple basics... because I hate myself!
    Just kidding, today I'm gonna take a look at dis lovely Cater-Pika combo piece!

I wanna say right off the bat, I love the way you've stylized the piece. The interesting way you've changed Caterpie's anatomy, as well as the facial expressions, really scream "Fenris," and I especially love the question marks for added flavor. I also absolutely love the small patches of grass on the ground, further adding to the unity of the piece.

I'll be honest with you upfront; this is more than enough for an Easiest capture. The lack of background doesn't mean much for an Easiest, and you've added color and have a good sense of form and line, as well as the very structured beginnings of shading, and I definitely feel like I'm in the forest watching this all pan out. So, I'm gonna nitpick here with suggestions to make this piece even better!

My first nitpick: Both Caterpie and Pikachu's tails seem off to me. For Pikachu's, a Male Pikachu wouldn't have the small nick in it, and for a female it'd be a little deeper, a little more round. Clearly define the Pika's gender to make it slightly less confusing for your viewer, either by removing and filling the nick to make it my vicarious son Ricktor, or rounding the cut more to make it a whole new Pika. As for Caterpie, Caterpie usually have a rounded tail, and this one seems to have more of a fan; I'm inclined to think this was just a way to finish up the piece rather than a full on decision, and while I'm more than fine with Caterpie having a fan tail I'd like to know why; gimme some details or round dat boy!

My second, and final, nitpick: carry through Caterpie's rings! Caterpie has a lot of emotion and attitude, and I absolutely love it. The only thing I was a little surprised to see was the lack of yellow rings on his back two appendages. Carry my boy's rings home to make him even more beautiful in absolute confusion, and Weir will be one happy boy.

Obviously, the above was only nitpicks, and I'll say that Caterpie is easily captured. (You like that pun there? Yeah? No? I'll see myself out...) I'm really excited to hit the rest of the backlog and see what you've come up with next!
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    Competitive Showdown player
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY