PokeBucks
    1,140 (0 Banked)

Default ◉ normalization

Normalization [Index]
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━

Normalization

What is Normalization?
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    A massive crossover story, involving characters from Vocaloid, [email protected], Love Live, BanG Dream... not to mention Pokémon gijinkas and trainers. Magic is real, and comes in at least 40 forms, including thaumaturgy, ripped from Thaumcraft, and uniscribal magic, which is a combination of kabbalah from UNSONG and concepts from the Unicode Standard. The story centers around the Normalization Consortium, which is basically an SCP Foundation ripoff, and comes in the format of (mostly) unrelated narratives in the same universe/multiverse.

By posting order

Consortium Contained Entity documentation

Note to Graders
    Anything not explicitly marked as ready for grading is not up for grading.
    When grading, please please PLEASE click on links in the text to read supplementary text! It's part of the format!
    Last edited by W32Coravint; 08-09-18 at 07:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,140 (0 Banked)

Consortium Contained Entity 2409
    Entity Type: Aleph

Containment Specifications: CCE 2409 currently requires no containment, as she is involved in Project Resonance and is a valuable asset to the Consortium.

Description: CCE 2409 is a human female, 14 years of age. CCE 2409 claims to be and matches all official information for the character Asuka Ninomiya from the Idolmaster Cinderella Girls series. She possesses knowledge of an anomalous linguistic phenomenon and the ability to induce this phenomenon at will. CCE 2409 is in possession of a black jacket, designated CCE 2409-1. CCE 2409-1 is indestructible, demonstrates anomalously high shock absorbency, and cannot be removed from Entity 2409’s possession.

Addendum 2409.1 (updated 4 October 2023): As of 4 October 2023, CCE 2409 has passed psychological assessments and is assigned to Project Resonance.

Addendum 2409.7 - Note from the Metafictional Anomalies Department: As we have received reports of several anomalies resembling and identifying as characters from the Idolmaster franchise, we are conducting a review of all available information to determine the source of this series of anomalies.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,140 (0 Banked)

Consortium Contained Entity 2228

Containment Specifications (revised 18 October 2023): CCE 2228 currently requires no containment, as she is involved in Project Resonance and is a valuable asset to the Consortium.

Description: CCE 2228 is an artificial intelligence claiming to be and matching the profile of the character Elena Shimabara from the Idolmaster Million Live series. She currently inhabits a Consortium standard-issue laptop computer, designated CCE 2228-0, which runs a custom operating system referred to as Irradiance. CCE 2228’s anomalous properties stem from her ability to utilize a form of magic known as thaumaturgy, despite not possessing a physical form.

Addendum 2228.1 - Recovery Log: CCE 2228 was recovered from a computer system at [REDACTED]. According to the entity, she appeared on the system at some point during the year 2020.

Addendum 2228.2 (updated 4 October 2023): As of 4 October 2023, CCE 2228 has passed psychological assessments and is assigned to Project Resonance.
    Last edited by W32Coravint; 07-29-18 at 07:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,140 (0 Banked)

Consortium Contained Entity 1832

Containment Specifications Version-G: CCE 1832 currently requires no containment, as she is involved in Project Resonance and is a valuable asset to the Consortium.

Containment Specifications Version-F.23: CCE 1832 is to be contained in a standard Electromagnetic Interference Generating Entity chamber. Under no circumstances may any electrical or electronic devices be brought into CCE 1832’s chamber.

Description: CCE 1832 is a female humanoid entity possessing similar attributes to those of the Pokémon species Rotom. These include, but are not limited to:

• the ability to transfer her consciousness into and take the form of any electric or electronic device that she touches (she refers to this as “possessing” a device)
    • the ability to use any move Rotom is capable of using in any game up to Pokémon X and Y
    • an inability to be destroyed; any fatal damage taken results in her incapacitation but not death

CCE 1832 claims to be and matches the personality profile of Rhiannon Reidynas, who was declared missing in 2020 at the age of 14. DNA profiling is currently impossible, as DNA samples, even after removal, change every time she “possesses” a device with inbuilt data storage.
    Last edited by W32Coravint; 08-03-18 at 05:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,140 (0 Banked)

Project Resonance Personnel Roster (February 2024)

Division Ayb
    • Leader: Senior Operative Verdes Redaurum
    • Operative Dave “Wellin” Williams
    • Operative Jacqueline Moss
    Anomalous Operative Asuka Ninomiya (CCE 2409)
    Anomalous Operative Elena Shimabara (CCE 2228)

Division Ben
    • Leader: Senior Operative Francis “Zamenhof” Carpenter
    • Operative Graham Ackermann
    • Operative Xavier L. Ithkuil
    Anomalous Operative Rhiannon Reidynas (CCE 1832)

Division Gim
    • Leader: Senior Operative Allison S. Livonisch
    • Operative Arnold Quincy “DevNull” Floyd
    • Anomalous Operative Jacob Loglandius (CCE 1878)
    • Anomalous Operative Natalie “Luminaco” Davison (CCE 3016)

Last updated February 15, 2024

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,140 (0 Banked)

Consortium Contained Entity 2885

Containment Specifications: CCE 2885 requires no containment, as she is assigned to Task Force 607d.

Description: CCE 2885 is a humanoid robot resembling and identifying as SF-A2 Miki, a Vocaloid character. She claims to have been manufactured by a Vocaloid production circle by the name of Positroloid; no circle by this name exists in any records. According to her statements in Interview 2885.A61, she was sent to this reality by anomalous means after her existence was discovered in an attempt by Positroloid to avoid litigation from AH-Software, the creator of the Vocaloid character in question.

CCE 2885’s singing voice has the ability to accelerate the healing process of any injury in humans. The healing speed is proportional to the volume of her voice, up to approximately 75 dB, at which point the rate of regeneration reaches its maximum.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,140 (0 Banked)

First Mission

I first met her not long after I got my job at JL Parascience, a founding member of the Consortium.

Miki was the most cheerful robot girl I knew. When I was first assigned to researching into her anomalous capabilities, O didn’t expect someone essentially held in captivity for the rest of her possibly infinite life to greet one of her captors with such excitement in her voice.

Her long hair was a rather unique shade of red, and her voice was slightly robotic, but most people couldn’t tell her voice wasn’t perfectly human. To be fair, she did quite a good job of imitating humans that I wasn’t sure if she was a human placed in a robot body.

When I told her I needed to disassemble her arm for research, she gladly agreed. I couldn’t put it back together after that, even with her help, but she said it was fine, since she wanted a slot for attaching parts anyway.

We spent about a year together, between that first day in October and when the two of us were assigned to Task Force 607d.

Task Force 607d was the companion group to the already established Task Force 608a, Project Resonance. 607d was meant for low-risk missions, while 608a was meant for important tasks and things that would kill a purely human task force.

Miki had her doubts at first, especially since the only anomalous things about her were the fact that she was a robot with a soul, and the fact that her singing voice could heal people’s wounds. Not very useful for taking down anomalies directly, like 607d was intended to.

Then the higher-ups gave her a weapon. A gray-and-white sphere, with a button. A custom-made Poké Ball.
    Inside was a genetically enhanced Espurr - normally a species of cat-like Pokémon with strong psychic energies emanating from their ears. This one had overwhelming amounts of psychic energy contained and able to be utilized at any time. Miki named him “Clawmark”, written , and it was registered into the Consortium Pokémon directory despite the insistence of the uniscribe keying in the data that the character was pronounced “Shushur”, after its reading in Sumero-Akkadian cuneiform.

Our first mission with Clawmark was in mid-November. We were sent out to a location in the middle of a suburban area somewhere in the Western Precinct to capture a sentient humanoid roaming the region.

As we approached the probable location of the anomaly, Clawmark suddenly picked up something and let out a cry. Miki picked up her radio immediately. “M-01 reports an anomaly within 50 meters of my location.”

“This is Command speaking. Approach the anomaly, M.”

“Roger that.” Miki’s voice dropped to a whisper. “Clawmark, where is it?”

She ran off, and I stayed put, watching the anomaly through Miki’s digital eyes. I saw another girl, around the same age as Miki appeared to be.

“Good afternoon!” Miki chirped. The anomaly didn’t say anything.

“You there? I’m trying to talk to you, y’know...”

“Of course I am listening,” the other girl said in a soothing voice.

Miki smiled. “Ah, yes. What’s your name?”

“My name is Aliciana. You?”

“Hi, Aliciana! I’m Miki. Pleased to meet you!”

Miki offered her hand, and Aliciana hesitated a little before taking it.

“Strange... Most people who talk to me tend to quickly disappear...”

Miki hesitated this time. “Is that a threat?”

“No, no, I just find it strange.” Aliciana paused to think. “You’re not human, are you?”

“Umm... I’m not, no. I’m a robot.”

“Well, that makes sense. I have a few friends who are androids. Would you like to meet them?”

“Sure, I guess...”

“Right then. I’ll just teleport you to their location.”

I saw Miki turn to Clawmark, who let out a cry of warning.

“Not so fast, Aliciana. I need to make sure this isn’t a trap.”

“Why would it be a trap? We’ll just end up there in the blink of an eye, my friend.”

“Exactly.” Miki turned to Clawmark. Before Aliciana could react, Clawmark had sent several waves of psychic energy at her in quick succession.

“Wh--” Aliciana doubled over, her mind under attack, but quickly regained her composure and lunged at Miki, who stumbled backwards as Clawmark sent a paralyzing wave of electricity at his trainer’s assailant.

“Calling for backup!” she shouted into her radio.
    Miki turned to her Espurr, who was now attempting to block the anomaly in with one-way walls of psychic energy. Aliciana, now unable to move thanks to paralysis, looked at Clawmark.

“Good work! Keep those walls up while I get out my attachments!”

Miki’s right arm reconfigured itself to become a tranquilizer rifle. She took aim at Aliciana’s left forearm, using the camera she’d put and her advanced simulation algorithm to aim her attack.

“Take this!” she shouted, releasing the needle of potent tranquilizer at her foe. The dart soared through the air and through the one-way psychic walls, and landed right where Miki had intended it just as the rest of the squad arrived at the scene.

Miki smiled, transformed her arm back into the human-like form she normally used, and scooped Clawmark up in her arms while the rest of the team got to containing and transporting the now-sleeping Aliciana to the nearby Base 109m for further research.

The mission was a great success, and Miki and Clawmark were soon sent on more containment and retrieval missions. The day after that mission, however, I was reassigned to research on another anomaly. That was the last I saw of her for three years.

character count: 5348
    cash submission