User Tag List

Thread: Introducing Myself

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    0 (348 Banked)

Default Introducing Myself

Hello!

I'm known as Fenris around the interwebs these days, though I've been around long enough that I've had other usernames in the past. This is my first time joining a large, forum based RPG, so I'm a bit nervous, but I'll do my best!

Currently I'm a graduating senior in college, getting ready to receive a Bachelor's in English! I'm hoping to become an ESL(English as a Second Language) teacher post graduation, and live somewhere overseas, though where would depend on where jobs are available. I'd like to start a podcast soon, and travel to other countries more in the future!

Hobbies: Writing, reading, RPing, board games, ttrpgs, video games, learning coding
    Skills: Some HTML + CSS knowledge, English grammar, acting, photoshop, spreadsheets
    Favorite Pokemon Games: Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Moon
    Favorite Books: The Ranger's Apprentice series, Harry Potter, Frankenstein, Ready Player One
    Favorite Films: Anything in the MCU, The Kung Fu Panda trilogy, Spirited Away

Steel Soul Design TeamURPG Staff K'sariya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,118 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Hello!

I'm known as Fenris around the interwebs these days, though I've been around long enough that I've had other usernames in the past. This is my first time joining a large, forum based RPG, so I'm a bit nervous, but I'll do my best!

Currently I'm a graduating senior in college, getting ready to receive a Bachelor's in English! I'm hoping to become an ESL(English as a Second Language) teacher post graduation, and live somewhere overseas, though where would depend on where jobs are available. I'd like to start a podcast soon, and travel to other countries more in the future!

Hobbies: Writing, reading, RPing, board games, ttrpgs, video games, learning coding
    Skills: Some HTML + CSS knowledge, English grammar, acting, photoshop, spreadsheets
    Favorite Pokemon Games: Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Moon
    Favorite Books: The Ranger's Apprentice series, Harry Potter, Frankenstein, Ready Player One
    Favorite Films: Anything in the MCU, The Kung Fu Panda trilogy, Spirited Away
    Heyyy, Fenris! What an awesome career choice. I wanted to get an English degree when I was younger, because all of my English teachers were just really formative for me and I've always loved writing.

Thumbs up on HTML and CSS--I'm currently majoring in Interactive Design with a focus in App and Web, and I'm in a web development internship right now that is so much fun. I picked it up coding forum profiles for RPs--where did you pick up yours?

A friend of mine has a gold-gilded copy of Ready Player One--it's one of his favorite books, though he says it's a bit of a problematic fav at times.

Studio Ghibli always!

Hope you enjoy it here!! Great to have you.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    0 (348 Banked)

Heyyy, Fenris! What an awesome career choice. I wanted to get an English degree when I was younger, because all of my English teachers were just really formative for me and I've always loved writing.

Thumbs up on HTML and CSS--I'm currently majoring in Interactive Design with a focus in App and Web, and I'm in a web development internship right now that is so much fun. I picked it up coding forum profiles for RPs--where did you pick up yours?

A friend of mine has a gold-gilded copy of Ready Player One--it's one of his favorite books, though he says it's a bit of a problematic fav at times.

Studio Ghibli always!

Hope you enjoy it here!! Great to have you.
    That's a terrific degree choice as well! I originally went to college for a degree in Digital Media, but changed to English later; I was learning 3D design, animation, special effects, video and sound editing, etc. I also learned some graphic editing and web interfacing because of it, but not a ton. Most of my HTML and CSS knowledge was self-learned so I could build custom themes for various websites - most notably Tumblr and Neopets, which seem to be pretty popular reasons for learning front end development in my age group.

I'm still trying to get a better handle on web development languages in general just because it's a useful skill to have, but I've been a bit slow in learning. Here's hoping I get better at it in the coming year!

I love Ready Player One, but I do agree with your friend; the movie they made has many more issues than the book, but even the novel has some problems. Still, the concept and characters are wonderful, and it's nice to see such a passionate homage to such nerdy topics and past eras of media.

Studio Ghibli lives on in my heart, even if the studio itself may be gone / re-branded. My personal favorites are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. I Also really loved the original book series that Howl's Moving Castle was adapted from. :'D

I'm already having a great time, and i'm hoping that continues! thanks for the warm welcome!

Steel Soul Design TeamURPG Staff K'sariya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,118 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    That's a terrific degree choice as well! I originally went to college for a degree in Digital Media, but changed to English later; I was learning 3D design, animation, special effects, video and sound editing, etc. I also learned some graphic editing and web interfacing because of it, but not a ton. Most of my HTML and CSS knowledge was self-learned so I could build custom themes for various websites - most notably Tumblr and Neopets, which seem to be pretty popular reasons for learning front end development in my age group.

I'm still trying to get a better handle on web development languages in general just because it's a useful skill to have, but I've been a bit slow in learning. Here's hoping I get better at it in the coming year!
    Haha, yes! One of the younger developers I work with remembers picking up a bit on mySpace pages. Digital Media sounds like a great degree that dips into Graphic/Interactive design--we've also learned 3D design, animation, and then a little less (but still a little bit) of SFX, video, and sound editing. It's great.

My favorite way is to just do personal things. I learned a lot from coding my own stats website from URPG, and I continue to use it as kind of a playground for the new skills that I learn. It's really fun. We have a few people here that are great with coding/coding languages--feel free to ask in #not-pokemon Discord if you need anything at any point!

I love Ready Player One, but I do agree with your friend; the movie they made has many more issues than the book, but even the novel has some problems. Still, the concept and characters are wonderful, and it's nice to see such a passionate homage to such nerdy topics and past eras of media.
    Haven't seen the movie, but I have read the book, and I totally get what you mean!

Studio Ghibli lives on in my heart, even if the studio itself may be gone / re-branded. My personal favorites are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. I Also really loved the original book series that Howl's Moving Castle was adapted from. :'D
    Yessssss!! I love both of them. My favorite of all time has to be Princess Mononoke, though. My best friend from high school and I would have a sleepover and watch it every weekend, and draw and write and talk and doodle while we did. Really fond memories!