User Tag List

Thread: [Magic] Favorite Format?

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG StaffSuper Moderator Ash K.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,306 (0 Banked)

Default [Magic] Favorite Format?

What's your favorite MTG format? Anything in particular about that format you like? Any favorite deck(s) for it?

Personally, I play a lot of Commander with a wide variety of Commander decks. I also play Modern, in which I have a Superfriends deck. I've been messing with some Standard decks but they might end up needing Karn and/or Teferi...
    Ash K. on BMG/PXR/SPC, Alcadies on PE2K, MewAshMew on AIM.
    URPG: Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Legend Defender, Fortree City Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head, Kumquat Island Gym Leader
    URPG Stats
    Feel free to ask me any questions you have about URPG.
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön the Elf (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey
    1896/1926/1966

Steel Soul Design TeamURPG Staff K'sariya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,281 (0 Banked)

Agreed--love Commander. Keeping up with Standard became too expensive. I had a standard Werewolf deck in Innistrad, but once it went out, I didn't feel like keeping up. Commander is a great balance. And I'm a sucker for Dinosaurs. Zacama and Zetalpa for life.

3. Likes Ash K. liked this post
    Super Moderator URPG StaffAce Member ModeratorSuper Moderator Elrond's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,484 (0 Banked)

I like Standard, but I rarely buy decks in paper. Every once in while I find a budget deck that matches my style. MTGGoldfisg is pretty good for that, but I like brewing my own, too.

5. Likes Ash K. liked this post