User Tag List

Thread: Grader Wages 3/7 - 5/2

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,193 (0 Banked)

Default Grader Wages 3/7 - 5/2

Hey guys! Really late Wages, but we are gonna get em done!

Evanfardreamer

The Heat of the Day - Moderate - $6050

Bugs and dirt - Strong Basic - $3600

Black Diamond - Strong Basic - $3900

TOTAL: $13,550

Overall, you’re grades are awesome! I really can’t complain. You do a great job of looking at the realism and consistency within stories. Something for future grades I’d say for you to work on is to try and find a way to give the writer advice outside of the story, feedback that they can carry onward and into their next stories. For example, you mention that you like how a writer does this one technique very well in their stories, but the issues and criticisms are very much tied to the story. While this is how it should be on a surface level, I’d love to see discussion on the stories flaws, and or a strong point, and discussing these as overall writing techniques rather than specific to the story’s plot. (PM me if you have questions, I suck at explanations haha.) And sometimes of course it isn’t possible, But I definitely think there’s some room for you to go even further beyond!

Jack
    Feedback given by based Elrond.

Clothes of Comfort Regrade
    Basic - 2,420

“While we do ask graders not to focus too much on grammar, bear in mind that it's okay to bring up repeated mistakes. They usually merit some thought into *why* the author made that mistake many times. One tip I like to give out for folks who make frequent typos (such as forgetting a word) is that they should try reading their story aloud to themselves as part of the proof-reading process.”

The Curse of Knowing WWC
    Strong Basic - 3,840 + 3,000 (WWC)

“I think Strong Basic is right for The Curse of Knowing. I hovered between Basic and Moderate but erred lower because there wasn't much feedback on things Mikey could improve! A Moderate grade is supposed to "point out the most relevant and important issues for the writer to work on," but I didn't really get a sense of what you felt Mikey could work on.”

Koaloty Check
    Strong Basic - 3,000

“You definitely did a better job of pointing out things Felly could work on, but I think you yourself could work on elaborating and doing a closer reading of the text

For example, you briefly touched on how Felly talks about Komalas not being treated well. I think you could have elaborated on how it's important to the story. Is it meeting that purpose, or could it be done better? Although this was a piece of positive feedback, taking more time to think about *why* you liked it will help you to come up with more ideas for how something could be improved.

In cases like this, if you think you can identify a specific purpose that the author had in choosing themes or diction, you can help the author understand *how* their writing served their purpose, and offer suggestions for other ways to do so in the future”

TOTAL: 12,260

<3
    "Take Care of Yourself"

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,193 (0 Banked)

Claim
    "Take Care of Yourself"