User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URPG Devolution Tournament 2018 Round 1!

King Stunfisk URPG Staff Mikey57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,760 (0 Banked)

Default URPG Devolution Tournament 2018 Round 1!

Devolution Tournament Round 1!

Please have your battles completed by May 8th, 2018, at 12am EST!

If the battles are all completed before the deadline, I will gladly roll the second round early!

SIDENOTE: I will be settling into a new state after a pretty big move on my own around that time, so there MAY be a small extension just to make sure I'm settled in; depending. Bad time to sign up for Devo tbh
    @Xali; vs BYE :boi:
    @Dash; vs @PV; !
    @Ash K.; vs @evanfardreamer; !
    @SinnohEevee; vs @Lychee; !
    @Surfer Liam; vs @juliorain; !
    @JacenBoy; vs @Jack; !
    @weirlind120; vs @Mikey57; !

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THIS IS DOUBLE ELIMINATION! YOU ARE NOT OUT IF YOU LOSE! YOU ONLY ARE ELIMINATED WHEN YOU LOSE TWICE (Or top 4 tbh we'll figure that part out later)

LET THE BABY MURDERS... BEGIN!
    and may the odds be ever in your favor!

ALSO PLACE YO BETS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW; WHO DO YALL THINK WILL NOT LOSE FIRST AND WHY!

2. Likes SinnohEevee liked this post
    No internet connection. Check online for solutions. Ace Member JacenBoy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    0 (1,259 Banked)

The Dice have made their declarations.

Dash vs PV
    Ash K. vs evanfardreamer
    SinnohEevee vs Lychee
    Surfer Liam vs juliorain
    JacenBoy vs Jack
    weirlind120 vs Mikey57

4. Likes SinnohEevee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,285 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Dash, Ash, SE, Julio, Jack, Weir.

6. Likes SinnohEevee, juliorain liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    13,610 (0 Banked)

Xali vs BYE: This is the easiest matchup for BYE. If he doesn't 6-0 Xali's mons I'ma be hella surprised.
    Dash vs PV: Dash doesn't want to be in this tourney, but he can probably still pull it off.
    Ash K. vs evanfardreamer: IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN THE FAR OFF DREAM IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.
    SinnohEevee vs Lychee: See above.
    Surfer Liam vs juliorain: This one's a real tossup. I could even see a 3 way tie here.
    JacenBoy vs Jack: In a battle between a rock and another rock, does anyone truly win?
    weirlind120 vs Mikey57: I'ma body this fool harder than he bodied the Podcast when I got banned.
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    Competitive Showdown player
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

8. Likes +JacenBoy, ~Mikey57, juliorain liked this post
    Steel Soul Design TeamURPG StaffAdministratorSuper Moderator K'sariya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,846 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by weirlind120 View Post
    Xali vs BYE: This is the easiest matchup for BYE. If he doesn't 6-0 Xali's mons I'ma be hella surprised.
    Dash vs PV: Dash doesn't want to be in this tourney, but he can probably still pull it off.
    Ash K. vs evanfardreamer: IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN THE FAR OFF DREAM IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.

Surfer Liam vs juliorain: This one's a real tossup. I could even see a 3 way tie here.
    JacenBoy vs Jack: In a battle between a rock and another rock, does anyone truly win?
    weirlind120 vs Mikey57: I'ma body this fool harder than he bodied the Podcast when I got banned.
    Second the hell out of the underlined portions. ROCK IT Y'ALL

10. Likes weirlind120 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,380 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by weirlind120 View Post
    Xali will blame you for getting swept by Bye and ask for you to get banned again.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,351 (0 Banked)

Dash, Ash, SE, Liam, Jacen, Weir.

Fight well folks!
    Resurrected stats (still under renovation!):
    http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/sho...3-Evan-s-Stats

13. Likes SinnohEevee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    13,610 (0 Banked)

6v6
    SM Private Preview
    Helds Off
    Standard Weather
    Building Terrain
    SLP/FRZ/OHKO/EVA/ACC Clauses

Ash K. vs Evanfardreamer
    (Eevee, Riolu, Numel, Slowpoke, [Staryu, Bagon]) v (Gastly, Eevee, Shellos, Magnemite, Dratini, Zubat)

With 2 Growths, a Focus Energy, and rocks up, Evan stood little chance of stopping Riolu, but he put in a good effort nonetheless.

Ash wins and makes 5,000$
    Evan gets Second Place, makes 2,500$

I make 4,000$
    Unpaid Tourney: 4,000$
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    13,610 (0 Banked)

6v6
    SM Private Preview
    Helds On
    Standard Weather
    Building Terrain
    SLP/FRZ/OHKO/EVA/ACC Clauses

Juliorain vs Liam
    (Chimchar, Treecko, Kabuto, Drifloon, Grimer-Alolan, Elekid) v (Drifloon, Tyrunt, Archen, Staryu, Cottonee, Eevee)

For most of the battle, Liam played like this was a solo player or a randoms basics battle; missing a free OHKO on Treecko by using Crunch instead of Fire Fang with Strong Jaw Expert Belt Tyrunt, Dragon Dancing in a situation where he'd still be slower (luckily still worked out) but not DDancing on the Kabuto that could do nothing to him, and using Stone Edge against a +2 Def Grimer-A when Ancient Power KOd and had a rise chance. The way the dice were going he might've gotten it too. Liam wasn't looking at Julio's lineup or stats either, using both Rapid Spin and Z-Double-Edge when Julio had Drifloon, and Calm Minding against Chimchar also gave away a free KO to Julio. While most of Julio's performance was sub-par as well (namely Treecko), it was still focused on beating Liam's mons, and extremely strong performances from Drifloon and Grimer, while pivoting with Elekid, more than made up for the slack.

HOWEVER

Liam somehow managed to whittle away at Julio's mons. Maybe Julio spent too much time Toxicing, and a Roar from Tyrunt against a huge Drifloon did help, but somehow, Liam managed to find his ground, keeping mons alive to Heal Bell/Wish later and overall just swapping for better position. I myself am astonished and I was reffing it. Critically, Eevee wish stalled and got to a favorable position (with the help of Julio sending an illegal move, mirroring what Liam did earlier in the match) as well as Staryu killing off Drifloon. Cottonee Grass Whistled Chimchar, and Eevee was set up to KO Elekid with only Sleeping Chimchar and Kabuto remaining. Julio forfeited, after all the poor rolls and misplays had left him with few options against the weakened but still alive might of Liam's nearly full roster.

Liam wins and makes 5,000$
    Julio gets Second Place, makes 2,500$

I make 4,000$
    Unpaid Tourney: 8,000$
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    686 (8,967 Banked)

4v4
    S/M Private Preview
    Helds On
    No Starting Weather
    Default Terrain
    Sleep/Freeze/OHKO/Accuracy/Evasion Clauses

Master Jack vs. Master JacenBoy

[] vs

My dice didn't like Jacen one bit...especially after he forgot that defog boosts evasion on contrary users and slowpoke is pretty tanky once snivy was dead.

Jack: 2,500
    Jacen: 1,500

I ref this and 2,000
    Last edited by juliorain; 05-08-18 at 08:38 PM.

Img Made by Morru/Mako