User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Individual RP: Rick [Woods]

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    16,830 (0 Banked)

Post #11
    Ranger San Sū-kagetsu and Robin

Arbok came to a slithering halt as both Zephir went into her ball and Iris's Ember hit the ground. With the stone and rock around them it was only a warning shot, but San nodded to Robin when she turned to face him; if the fire caught on anything, Robin knew to smother it immediately with her Psychic powers. With the Arbok stopped, Rick threw out another Pokemon; San assumed it was because of Iris's hesitation earlier. He'd heard that horses disliked snakes before, but he was interested to find it true as Pearl the Dragonair popped out of the ball Rick threw. The cave was fully lit now, Rapidash's apprehension igniting the flames on her back even brighter, as well as the ember in the floor still managing to keep itself alight.

Pearl landed with a soft thud, curled around as she lay between Rick and the ember, and immediately focused on Arbok. Rick called out for a Dragon Pulse, and she delivered; bright blue and purple energy gathered at Pearl's horn and coalesced into a beam as it shot out at Arbok's head. It hit Arbok's hood and smoke flew as Arbok reared back; Arbok hadn't expected an attack from the intruders, and now it was very, very angry. The red of its eyes glowed fierce as it pulled its head back again, and then flung it forward as it spewed acid at Pearl, spraying it in a cone from its open mouth. Luckily for Pearl, it didn't stick well, but it was still disconcerting to feel literal acid pour over you. Rick and Iris managed to avoid it all, but the spray also managed to put out the ember, giving Arbok back the shadows as it slithered around menacingly, trying to disguise where it was as it readied its next attack.

San constantly had a hand on his belt, hands wrapped around the Pokeball for Rhiak; acid could be deadly, and he needed to be able to wash it off quickly once the battle ended. Robin hadn't perked up in a while, eyes focused completely on Arbok in the shadows; it was nearly impossible to hide from a Psychic Pokemon once it had eyes on you. San wasn't worried, necessarily, but he also didn't like the idea of acid flying everywhere, and hoped Rick would be able to get a handle on it soon.

Encounter Stats:
    92%
    Wild Arbok
    Used Acid Spray

vs

94% (SpDef-1)
    Pearl the Dragonair
    Used Dragon Pulse

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:

@Rick; - Rick
    Active Effects: None yet!
    Used items: N/A
    Environment: Underground Path
    Encounters Remaining: 13
    Encounter List: Drapion
    MCR (current): 7,205
    MCR (Drapion): 16,221
    Captures: N/A

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

3x Park Ball
    2x Super Ball
    1x Hyper Ball
    1x Energy Powder
    1x Lava Cookie
    1x Revival Herb

Pokemon
    Spoiler:

- Out of Pokeball
    Iris the Female Rapidash
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Flame Body
    Taught Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Frustration, Giga Impact, Headbutt, Heat Wave, Hidden Power (Ice), High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp

100%
    Zephir the Male Leafeon
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    Taught Moves: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Double Team, Endure, Fake Tears, Flail, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Hidden Power (Fire), Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Retaliate, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Work Up, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn

- Out of Pokeball
    Pearl the Female Dragonair
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Taught Moves: Attract, Blizzard, Captivate, Confide, Double-Edge, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed, Facade, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hail, Haze, Hydro Pump, Iron Tail, Light Screen, Mimic, Mist, Protect, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Shock Wave, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Sunny Day, Thunder, Water Pulse, Whirlpool

100 EL
    Shinato the Genderless Shedinja
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    Taught Moves: Aerial Ace, Cut, Double-Edge, Flash, Giga Drain, Hone Claws, Mimic, Night Slash, Protect, Return, Solar Beam, Substitute, Sucker Punch, Sunny Day, Swagger, Telekinesis, Thief, Toxic, Trick, Will-O-Wisp
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    Competitive Showdown player
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,473 (0 Banked)

In response to the sudden attack, the Arbok just went for its quickest means of defense, and spewed acid on its agressor. While Pearl winced a bit once the corrosive liquid touched her body, it didn't stick to her for too long. Her skin is actually pretty good at removing that kind of substances. While her body covered us for the most part, the few droplets of acid that didn't hit her, I just moved aside, while Iris just made a little hop back to avoid them... and then started growling at the Arbok again with bared teeth. I rolled my eyes and turned back for bit. "Can you hush? As if it was aimed at you." - I said to her, before turning back and realize... the Arbok wasn't there anymore, even though a hissing could still be heard. "Ah, so you're one of those who doesn't take the fight head on." - I muttered while crossing my arms.

Meanwhile, Iris was just walking left and right with an ocasional snort and pawing, which started to be a little bit annoying, just so I don't have to say obnoxious. "You're not going to stop, are you? Because I'm trying to focus here..." - I said. Which is a little bit hard to do when you have a constant clip-cloping sounding behind your ears. "Anyway, where was I? Ah, yes! Put up a Safeguard, and... send a Shock Wave on its way, just to show hiding is irrelevant." - I said to Pearl, while gesturing towards the hallway. Her body got surrounded by a faint, bluish aura for protection. Then the orb on her neck started flickering as she raised her head, releasing a wave of electricity that spred along the hallway.

(Word count: 292)
    (Character count: 1564)

Pearl

HP: 94%
    Moves

Safeguard
    Shock Wave

65%

100%

100%
    @weirlind120;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    16,830 (0 Banked)

Post #12
    Ranger San Sū-kagetsu and Robin

San could hear Arbok shuffling around, the rocks from its entrance earlier constantly being disturbed and Robin's gaze constantly shifting to match it. Rick seemed to be annoyed with something Iris was doing, and San was worried this would give Arbok an opportunity, but it never took it; without Zephir around we were just strange and new, and even an attack wasn't going to phase Arbok much. San honestly wasn't even sure why the Arbok was still there, but the flash of red eyes was a constant reminder to be on guard.

Finally, Rick ordered an attack from Pearl; a Safeguard mist to protect itself, always a must with Poison types, and then a homing Shock Wave, which was a great idea against the hidden Arbok. The mist from Safeguard spread around Pearl, the soft tickle of the water spreading all the way around itself, Rick, and even Iris, though this didn't seem to bother Iris as much as the presence of Arbok did. The blue orb then lit up around its neck; static electricity charged, then spread out across the cave as it sought out the hiding snake. The electricity was bright and covered basically the entirety of the cave as it flew, finally finding and surging into Arbok.

Arbok wasn't caught off-guard, however; while Pearl was safeguarding, Arbok began spewing a black Haze from its mouth, filling the cave and only filtering slightly around where Arbok had made it's entrance. The Haze acted as a slight cushion for the power of the shock wave; combined with Arbok's own naturally thick skin, the attack found it's mark but didn't incapacitate Arbok as much as Rick would've hoped. San then heard Arbok's tail whip out as the wave hit it, and shortly afterwards, they heard the whistle as a large rock flew from the shadows towards Pearl, hitting her in her lower body and pushing her back.

At least one positive came from this; Arbok was ready to fight for real now, as it slithered forward back into Iris's light and reared it's head up, letting out the hiss and cry of its species as it stared intently at Pearl, red eyes ablaze.

Encounter Stats:
    88%
    Wild Arbok
    Used Haze, then Rock Slide

vs

90% (SpDef-1) (Safeguard)
    Pearl the Dragonair
    Used Safeguard, then Shock Wave

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:

@Rick; - Rick
    Active Effects: None yet!
    Used items: N/A
    Environment: Underground Path
    Encounters Remaining: 13
    Encounter List: Drapion, Arbok
    MCR (current): 8,764
    MCR (Drapion): 16,221
    Captures: N/A

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

3x Park Ball
    2x Super Ball
    1x Hyper Ball
    1x Energy Powder
    1x Lava Cookie
    1x Revival Herb

Pokemon
    Spoiler:

- Out of Pokeball
    Iris the Female Rapidash
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Flame Body
    Taught Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Frustration, Giga Impact, Headbutt, Heat Wave, Hidden Power (Ice), High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp

100%
    Zephir the Male Leafeon
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    Taught Moves: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Double Team, Endure, Fake Tears, Flail, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Hidden Power (Fire), Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Retaliate, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Work Up, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn

- Out of Pokeball
    Pearl the Female Dragonair
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Taught Moves: Attract, Blizzard, Captivate, Confide, Double-Edge, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed, Facade, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hail, Haze, Hydro Pump, Iron Tail, Light Screen, Mimic, Mist, Protect, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Shock Wave, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute, Sunny Day, Thunder, Water Pulse, Whirlpool

100 EL
    Shinato the Genderless Shedinja
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    Taught Moves: Aerial Ace, Cut, Double-Edge, Flash, Giga Drain, Hone Claws, Mimic, Night Slash, Protect, Return, Solar Beam, Substitute, Sucker Punch, Sunny Day, Swagger, Telekinesis, Thief, Toxic, Trick, Will-O-Wisp
    Last edited by Gold; 09-17-18 at 11:56 AM.
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    Competitive Showdown player
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,473 (0 Banked)

There wasn't much the Arbok could do to avoid the electric wave coming its way, but it could at least weaken it. Before the shock wave could be released from Pearl's orb, the Arbok still had time to cloak itself in some sort of black mist for protection. And once it did take the hit, it also didn't take too long for the it to fight back and slam a boulder against Pearl out of nowhere, which for a creature that has no limbs it's kinda surprising and unexpected, even though Arboks are known for having some really strong bodies. Strong enough to even push Pearl back a few inches, and she's a pokémon with a considerable size. But the best part was that now it had decided to slither out of its hiding and seemed to be ready for actual fighting, instead of simply using more defensive tactics. "See, that I like better." - I commented.

And soon as I speaked, I heard the sound of Iris' hooves cloping at a much quicker pace as she started charging at the Arbok. "Eyy where do you think you're going?" - I said while holding her in place. "Ugh... she's getting into that prehistoric dinosaur horse mode. You know, when she wants to use Bite without actually learning the move? I never had a Serperior 'cause I'm afraid she would eat it!" - I added. Eventually she stopped pushing me - or at least wasn't pushing so hard - and went back to the former threatening head swing. It would probably give me like... 60 seconds more without me having to contain her again? "Alright..." - I muttered with a hand on my forehead. "Pearl, bring out the big guns. And clean up that... dark thing on the air since you're at it. Twister!" - I ordered. She lifted off the ground a few inches, and the orbs on her tail started glowing. Then with a swing of her tail, she hurled a spiraling current of wind towards the Arbok.

(Word count: 339)
    (Character count: 1809)

Pearl

HP: 90%
    Moves

Twister

65%

100%

100%