Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,038 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Iris used skull bash!
    Iris inflicted 35HP damage!

Ker-smack!
    The numel did feel the hit, but it took a good few seconds before the pain registered in its simple brain. It turned slowly around from Rick, little mouth open in a perfect ‘0’ of slowly registering shock. Iris looked like she would attack again, and the numel was slowly pondering whether to breathe fire at this pesky pony or continue trying to get food.
    Rick solved the problem by deciding on everyones behalf, before things got too out of hand. As he offered one berry, the Numels line of vision immediately lazered back onto him- but instead of focusing on the oddish this time, it had been offered a much tastier treat.
    The numel immediately hoovered up the mago berry almost at the same time it hit the ground, and then was delighted to find four more wonderful treats! Clearly running over here had been a great idea, because berries were much tastier than oddish leaves and didn’t even have a slight aftertaste of stinging poison! It looked lovingly over its shoulder at Rick as he rode off into the sunset, then went back to eating.

Iris took 1HP poison damage!

All that running really moved the painful little poison spores up Iris’s throat, but she was being kind and not chomping down on the unconscious oddish. It might have caused her to slow down rather sooner than usual though.

The sun was now set, and the sky was ablaze with pinks and darker oranges. Against the black lava of the volcano, it made a pretty stunning sight. The fletchling reeled off, around and away- probably back towards some cover, to go and sleep for the night. Perhaps it would continue its pursuit again tomorrow!
    Up head, off to the right of the path, there was the flicker of what looked like it might be a campfire.

Oddish was knocked out- and kidnapped!
    Fletchling ran away!
    Numel: level 13, 15/50HP, busily ate all your mago berries!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,004 (0 Banked)

We followed the trail for awhile, more than enough for the Numel to not get to us anytime soon. I didn't have enough berries to feed it the whole day. Yet it seemed like those I gave it were enough to keep the camel busy and quite happy. Eventually, Iris started slowing down to a canter, her nostrils flared as the poison started getting to her. "Okay, here's good!" - I called, as she came to a halt. "Nice effort, girl." - I praised while dismounting. "Now umm... the Oddish, please." - I asked, holding out my hand to grab it.

She stared at me with the grass-type still on her mouth. "Oh, come on, I know you wanna drop it. I can only imagine what that thing tastes like. Probably the same you have going down your throat right now?" - I said. She ceded and dropped the unconscious pokémon after a few seconds. My prediction also seemed correct about what it tasted like, as she stuck out her tongue. "Thanks..." - I said, while inspecting the leaves. Good enough, she didn't leave a mark on them, even with all the shaking from running. Then again, if she did, it would have been on purpose... the interdental space has no teeth. "Now... lets take care of that poison, yes?" - I opened the belt pocket, taking one of the lum berries and holding it on the palm of my hand. She reached out to grab it and munched it pretty quickly. "You should feel better in no time now." - I assured.

The sun was set, and there seemingly was no reason for us to hold on to this Oddish anymore. In fact, these things absorb moonlight and are only active at night, so it would have plenty of time to regain consciousness while the majority of pokémon would be either sleeping or finding some place to pass over the night, just like the Fletchling that had been following us the whole day and flew off elsewhere for now.

The sky still kept its orange tones even at night due to the lava from the volcano. "Damn, this is actually beautiful." - I commented. "Makes me want to get further to see the Kua from a higher point." - As I said this, the flicker of what seemed to be a campfire called to my attention. It was quite a surprise, as I didn't expect much people to come here and stay for long, and defenitely didn't expect anyone to actually camp close to an active volcano. "Huh, well... it's not like we're gona do much today, will we? Might as well make an aquaintance... come on." - I said, while walking towards the campfire.

(Word count: 456)
    (Character count: 2422)

HP: 34/54
    (Poisoned)
    Moves

"None"

2x

5x

4x

5x

0x

@Lychee;
    Last edited by Rick; 01-15-18 at 07:54 PM.

URPG Stats: (Zetaboard / Weebly)

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,038 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The lum berry was sweet, then sour, then sweet again. The enzymes inside the fruit counteracted so many different poisons that the oddish type of poisoning was definitely going to go away. As the smell of the fruit travelled up her nose and down her throat, it soothed the tingling pain (like a cough drop!) and Iris was healed. The oddish seemed to recover slightly, and squirmed away from Rick, heading off into the darkness as quickly as its crispy legs could go.

Rick used 1 lum berry! Iris was healed!

As they moved towards the campfire, it seemed a little strange. There was nobody nearby the flicker, no tents or people. There was a single backpack, however. It looked like it had been dumped in a hurry. When they finally got within a few feet, it became clear that this was not a campfire, but instead it was the dark body of a Litleo, sitting awkwardly on the black rock, licking itself. The flame-like flicker had been the tuft of its hair.
    It looked up, still in an awkward licking position, and growled.
    Litleo were pack animals, but once a cub became strong enough to make it out on its own, it was usually sent out from the group to hunt by itself. Seeing as this one appeared to be alone, it was likely that it was strong.
    The Litleo hissed at them, baring fangs. Its dark eyes locked with Iris’s ones.
    Oh, and did I mention they were hotblooded and quick to start fights?

Litleo used Leer!
    Iris’s defence decreased!

The abandoned backpack seemed to tell a story, but because the rock was so hard and dark, there was no way to look at footprints or guess where its owner had gone! There was a splash of blood on the ground, though, and one of the backpack shoulders was slashed.
    The litleo unfolded itself and hissed at them again, standing in front of the pack. This was its prey, its prize, and damned if it would let them take it.

Oddish: level 10, 0/38HP -knocked out!
    Fletchling: level 12, 44/44HP -flew away!
    Numel: level 13, 15/50HP –fed berries!
    Litleo: level 14, 54/54HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,004 (0 Banked)

As we kept walking towards the camp, things started getting a bit odd. Starting with the supposedly campfire, there was no smoke coming from it. And there was also nobody around, nor tents. In fact, when we were just a few feets from it it became clear that the flicker we saw actually wasn't what I firstly thought it was. "This is not a camp for sure..." - I muttered, as I looked at a sit Litleo. It didn't take too long for it to notice us.

Looking around, it was quite a bit sinister scene actually. Judging by the backpack on the ground, at least someone had to be here at some point. It also looked like it wasn't just a simple scare either. The backpack had one of the straps slashed, which implies the owner may have been attacked by this Litleo - as it was the only pokémon nearby - being forced to drop the bag and run away. Nevertheless, whoever had the unfortune to meet this lion cub must have had the big scare of its life, most likely.

"Guess we came to the wrong neighborhood, eh?" - I said to Iris while staring at the Litleo. He eventually got up on its feet, always glaring at us and hissing. Iris stepped forward nickering with her head lowered and her legs sprayed. Whoever lost this bag, should want her back. Iris started circling the Litleo, trying to call its attention and making it move. Now, calling his attention was easy, but he didn't seem to want to move away from the bag, which was the most important. So there was gonna be a change of plans.

"Very well..." I said while walking towards Iris. "I'll need you to hold him for just a few seconds while I grab that bag, got it?" - I muttered to her, and she nodded back. "Alright little guy. I gotta take that bag to where it belongs. Hope you don't mind." - I said to the Litleo. "Though judging by your expression, I know you won't let me do so willingly, so you'll have to appologize her for this too." - I added. "Now, go!" - I ordered. Iris leaped at the Litleo with her full body while I tried to go around them.

(Word count: 384)
    (Character count: 2003)

HP: 34/54
    Moves

Body Slam → Litleo

2x

5x

4x

5x

0x

@Lychee;

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,038 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Iris flung herself at the Litleo, who was taken so much by surprise at the sudden full frontal offensive that it didn’t manage to scramble away. The weight of the ponyta slammed down on the Litleo, and the lion cub had the wind knocked out of it for a few seconds. It wasn’t very good at handling pinning type moves like that.

Iris inflicted 25HP Damage to Litleo!

Rick had just enough time to grab the backpack by its one good arm and fling it over his own shoulder. Underneath where the bag was, was a bright yellow apricorn! One of the zippers might have been undone, or perhaps the bag had been dropped right ontop of the apricorn. It wasn’t clear yet, and in the heat of battle this was no time for pondering whether or not to pick it up. It was clear that Rick should take it, whether or not the owner of the backpack had claimed it or not.

Rick gained a yellow apricorn!

The Litleo squirmed out from under Iris with a low growl, and crouched low to the ground, circling around to aim at Iris’s head. It sprang forwards, throwing its own head down and aiming for her eye socket.

Litleo used headbutt!
    It inflicted 10HP Damage!

The litleo leapt, but somehow missed its target. It still banged into Iris somewhere, but there was no flinching happening today and Iris’s eyes were alright. The litleo would have to withstand another attack, most likely. It was too engaged in the fight to realize that Rick had taken the bag, and now wanted nothing more than ponyta for dinner.

Oddish: level 10, 0/38HP – knocked out!
    Fletchling: level 12, 44/44HP – ran away!
    Numel: level 13, 15/50HP – ran away!
    Litleo: level 14, 29/54HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,004 (0 Banked)

While the two pokémon engaged in the fight, I rushed in and grabed the backpack. "Got it!" - yelled as I lift it off the ground, and it came with a bonus. "Oh?... weel, I really got it!" There was a yellow fruit underneath the bag. They were kinda similar to berries... except they wouldn't be your first pick for food. You would need to have a good jaw to actually eat them, since the peel is so hard. Instead, they were used to make pokéballs due to their hard shell. "Well... guess I'll take it aswell..." - I muttered.

I was yet to figure out if it actually fell from one of the pouches or if it just happened to be there when the bag was dropped in a hurry. And I didn't even look at what was inside the backpack for a clue, I just knew it wasn't empty when I put it in my shoulder, which was very unpractical with one of the straps being damaged. Oh! And without fitting one of those devices to make them shrink, the apricorn was also too big to fit on my belt pocket. And I wasn't going to waste any more time taking the bag out again, open it, and put the thing inside. There was a fight going on behind me.

The Litleo had already managed to get off under Iris, and I only had time to glimpse a headbutt from the cub at her cheek, though the Body Slam had already fulfilled its main purpose. She winced and backed away a few steps, before getting back to her fighting stance. The Litleo was so focused on his opponent, that he didn't even notice that someone else was stealing his stolen bag. He also happened to be standing between me and Iris now, so it's not like I could just simply walk to her. "Alright, playtime's over, it's late. Iris... give him a little help, please." - I said. She raised her head while glaring at the Litleo, with her eyes glowing in a cyan blue.

(Word count: 347)
    (Character count: 1785)

HP: 24/54
    Moves

Hypnosis → Litleo

2x

5x

4x

5x

0x

@Lychee;

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,038 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The backpack went “ka-clunk!” when Rick slung it over his shoulder, and it seemed awkwardly bumpy on the inside-as if there might have been metallic equipment in there. It really was not the easiest thing to wear, but it didn’t slip off his shoulder or anything either.
    As Iris’s eyes glowed, the Litleo couldn’t help but stare into them. She seemed hypnotic, relaxing, soothing somehow. Its muscles loosened and it knelt down, eyes drooping. Before too long, the little lion cub was curled in a ball, sleeping and snore-purring as its chest calmly rose and fell.
    There was the sound of something being dropped, just slightly out of the light from Iris’s flames. If anyone bothered to look over there, they would see that a little boy nidoran had been watching the scene from afar. Unfortunately, he had been watching too hard, and had therefore ALSO fallen asleep when Iris used hypnotism! A berry toppled forwards end over end, bumping into Iris’s hoof. It looked a lot like a pacifier, but yellow.

Rick gained a Wacan Berry!

The Litleo and Nidoran snoozed away quietly, and the scene seemed suddenly a lot calmer. That said, night had only just fallen and Rick had already bumped into quite a few creatures, while Iris was looking a little worse for wear after a whole day of encounters. It was probably time to find somewhere to sleep. The litleo and Nidoran could indeed still wake up, too!
    They could set up on this path somewhere on the lava rock, go back to the treeline, or rush forwards on the path and hope to come to a settlement (or whoever had lost that pack). The next town that Rick knew of was Xiangshang, and it was probably an hours walk away.

Oddish: level 10, 0/38HP –knocked out
    Fletchling: level 12, 44/44HP – ran away
    Numel: level 13, 15/50HP – injured, trainer fled
    Litleo: level 14, 29/54HP - asleep
    Nidoran M: level 11, 41/41HP -asleep

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,004 (0 Banked)

The Litleo should have known better that if he hadn't been stablishing eye contact with his opponent, Hypnosis wouldn't work. But I guess having those glowing eyes gazing at him was too much for him to resist. Soon enough, the cub was kneeling down and falling asleep.

"Well done, girl." - I said to Iris. Now, it seems like having her eyes on both sides of her head has more advantages that I thought. The Litleo wasn't the only thing dropping to the ground. I tilted my head a bit, and there was a second pokémon that I hadn't noticed before, who had also fell on its slumbler after staring at Iris for too long and at the wrong time. "Oh... guess you scored a double..." - I said, as she also turned her head to the sleeping Nidoran. Being away from the light, she hadn't noticed it before either. I shrugged "Well... curiosity killed the cat, I guess..."

Dealing with two pokémon at once - even if one was just a side effect - was nice. But having a berry rolling from that Nidoran onto us was even better! Iris stared at it once it bumped on its hoof. "Jackpot!" - I said out loud, before putting my hand over my mouth - there were kids sleeping, we didn't want to mess up their dreams...

The night had just started, and the trip had taken quite longer that I had planned. "Well, I guess we should find ourselves some place to spend the night, too." - I said, while looking at the sky. The spot we were in was simply out of question - as soon as these two pokémon would wake up, we would immediately get attacked, especially after what we did to them. Also a place where we could actually rest, without having one of us stand guard for the night, would be great. At least the "campfire" issue was always solved with Iris, and we didn't even have the need to look for wood nor worrying about keeping it throughout the night.

We kept following the same path as before. The next village was about an hour away on foot. That wouldn't be too much of a problem if Iris hadn't already been worn out by a handful of encounters. Astride, that time would be shortened by about half, but I wasn't feeling like giving her even more burden for today. If I was tired, she was even worse. Plus she would have to carry the extra weight from the backpack too.

Speaking of backpack, it was killing me for how badly distributed the weight was, added the fact that I could only wear it by one strap, which just made the task harder. There were actually a few moments where I just wanted to drop it and proceed, but the idea of going through all the trouble to retrieve it just for then to ditch it out felt kinda selfish. As a sidenote, I hadn't eat anything since I left the city, so my energy was also starting to run out, too. Iris would give me a push everytime she felt I were to slow down. "Yeah, thanks girl." - I said. "Look, I can't take this anymore, and we're not reaching Xiangshang at this rate. So if we don't find some kind of man-made settlement or anything of the sort in the next quilometer or so, we'll just camp wherever I drop."

(Word count: 578)
    (Character count: 3039)

Moves

"None"

2x

5x

4x

5x

0x

1x

1x

@Lychee;
    Last edited by Rick; 01-18-18 at 04:46 PM.

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,038 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The two pokemon stirred slightly in their sleep when Rick announced his jackpot, but both continued sleeping soundly. It was likely that they would have already been going to sleep soon anyway, so Iris’s hypnotism had just brought on their nightly slumber a little earlier than usual.

Rick and Iris walked side by side on the path for a while. The sound of hooves and footsteps on hard ground made a rhythm that they could walk to steadily, keeping the same pace. The ponyta and her trainer were in sync really nicely- since they had only ever trained with each other, and never even bothered with other pokemon or people, their footsteps even made a circular polyrhythm. Except, of course, as Rick slowed down or dragged his feet. It had been a long day.

Beside the path up ahead, however, there was a low rectangular silhouette of a one person tent. From the sounds of the crying, someone inside had had a long day too. As they approached, they could make out a few more words, between sniffling.

“Damn Litleo… I’m so SOOOOORE” A girls voice complained, and suddenly stopped. She had heard the hoofsteps. A tanned face popped out of the tent, lit from below by a tiny Litwick that was sitting in the palm of her hand. She had straight brown hair that cut across her forehead, and was in a short bob framing dark eyes with brassy glasses around them. She looked terrified for a second when she saw the ponyta, but then upon noticing Rick she breathed a sigh of relief.

“Oh, thank the molten cores of the continent!” She exclaimed, and stood up in her tent, which promptly made it collapse. She stepped out of the mess of fabric. It wasn’t a big enough tent to stand in.

“Oh, oh no, not again!” She flapped her hands about, looking at the mess. Now that she was out of her tent it was clear that she had been the one who was attacked- there were some bandages slung around the same shoulder which had been cut on the backpack. “Oh, uh, could you help me put this up again? I’ve just had a terror of a day-“ She began, then cut herself off “-Oh but I’m sure you’re tired too! I’m so sorry! No need to help, don’t worry! But you should totally camp here too! Because its safer, right? Yeah, being in groups is much safer!”
    She seemed a little scatterbrained, and was struggling to put up the tent because of her injured shoulder, and the fact that the litwick didn’t seem to want to leave her left hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,004 (0 Banked)

After a few more minutes of walking I realized we weren't finding any better place along the way. "Alright, this is it! We're staying right here for the night." - I said while droping the bag and sitting on the floor. It wasn't a very cold night, even though temperatures tend to drop when the sun sets. Fortunately the soil usualy stays warm for a very long time too due to the volcanic activity. Only real risk was if the vulcano suddenly erupted, but so far this giant had never shown signs of violently exploding.

I leaned against the rock and crossed my arms. "Now try to rest as much as you can. We got the whole way back to do tomorrow and I'll need you fresh for more than that, yes?" - I told Iris before closing my eyes. Well, it so happens I didn't keep them close for too long, as she started pulling me by the collar. "Hey! I was serious about resting! And I need it, too." At first I thought she was just playing. It was only when I stood up that I spoted what appeared to be a tent. "Oh... I guess you did well calling me afterall, heh..."

Now, a while back, I had mistaken a Litleo for a campfire. In this case, the only thing I remembered that could possibly resemble a tent is a Snorunt... which don't live in Forge. And even if they did, wouldn't be much of a concern. As we walked closer, it was possible to start hearing some girl crying, and at some point it started getting clearer what she was complaining about. "Huh? Did I get my third lucky strike today?" - I muttered. Eventualy, a girl peeks from inside the tent, and for some reason gets ecstatic to the point where she makes the tent crumble.

I looked at the bandages on her shoulder, then took the bag and held it in front of me to double-check if the damaged strap was the same side as the girl's injured arm. I lowered the backpack a bit to look at her shoulder again, and it all matched. "So it was her..." - I muttered, before approaching her. She ended up asking for help putting the tent back up, but soon changed her mind and just invite me to stay in.

Seeing how she was struggling with an injured arm while also holding a candle - which I later realized was a Litwick - it would probably take a while if she was to put that tent up all by her own. "Well, I am tired, yes. But my arms should still work better than my legs." - I told her while dropping the backpack on the ground. It actually was a very simplistic tent: the basic five iron poles with two inverted Y-shaped pieces to hold them together. "I'm Rick by the way. The ponyta is Iris..." I paused for a second to point at the backpack "...and that is Mrs. Bag-In-Distress that we rescued from a Litleo a few minutes ago. Been carrying that thing for a while." - I added. "If you could check it out to confirm it's yours. Im pretty convinced it is."

I went inside the tent after raising it up. Iris circled it for a bit before laying down beside the entrance, her legs retracted under her belly. I peeked trough the entrance's curtain and stretched out my arm, putting her ball on the ground right in front of her. "In case you want to, hm?" - I told her. She narrowed her eyes before grabbing it with the mouth and throwing it away. I sighed. "Welp... I tried." She dropped her head and closed eyes, while I went to grab the ball. "Sometimes I wish you were Psychic, just so we could talk about that." - I muttered as I went back inside.

(Word count: 654)
    (Character count: 3394)

(Asleep)
    Moves

Rest

2x

5x

4x

5x

0x

1x