Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick, Begginer Capture Quest 2

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,989 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Default Rick, Begginer Capture Quest 2

In forge, there were three ways to travel- uphill, downhill, and around-hill. Since leaving Kang town, the path Rick was on had circled along flat ‘around-hill’ for a while before gradually becoming a more uphill slope. The gardens and suburbia had given way to hard black rock- lava that had recently rolled down from the higher points of the volcanoes. Not many people farmed here, or mined here, or did anything much here. Mostly it was sprinkled sparsely with adventurers, researchers, and those who were really really bad at directions. At this point, there didn’t seem to be anyone around.

Of course, Iris was probably out of her pokeball, and the sound of her hooves and Ricks footsteps rang out across the top of the rocks. With no trees to block the sound and very little breeze to carry it away, the sound travelled unnaturally far. It was late in the day, and the sun was setting, but it seemed to take forever up on the tree-less slopes.

A bird pokemon cried out and flew overhead. It was watching the scene, circling, high above.
    The silhoette looked somewhat familiar, actually. Had that Fletchling been following them all day?

Further ahead, just to the side of the path, was a plant. Or, leaves, of some sort. They looked entirely out of place, and they were moving slightly. It seemed like somehow an oddish had wandered its way all the way up here!

Oddish: Lvl 10, 38/38
    Fletchling: Lvl 12, 44/44

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    899 (0 Banked)

If I had my doubts wether what I drunk in Miss Macmahon's house was tea or some other crap, it was confirmed to be the latter by this point. After we left the suburbs, pretty much half the day was wasted trying to recover from a belly ache. Still, I wouldn't let a mulligrubs spoil my plans on getting to the Kua's volcano. "Girl, come on, we got a volcano to climb!" - I called to Iris, who was napping by the door. "How was the nap? I couldn't do it myself properly." - I commented.

We headed to the volcano that afternoon. The sun was already half set by then, and I hoped it wouldn't get pitch dark at the way back, though the lava from the volcano and Iris's mane should provide enough lighting. The Houndour I had caught in Kang had been offered to the Kua's Guard, who were training packs of Houndours and Growlithes for the city's surveillance. At least there he would be able to do everything his species is good at: working with a big group, and crunch some people... bad people, that is. Not that there were many, at least in the capital.

There there were no houses. In fact, there was absolutely nothing after walking a few meters towards the volcanic area, so we were free to do almost anything we wanted without having to worry about damaging property. "Alright... if everything goes right, we should leave the Kua tomorrow." I said to Iris, which was walking beside. "And if we're going to travel the whole region, then you gotta be prepared to traverse all kinds of terrains, including more rugged terrain like this one" - I added, before riding on her back.

I called it a rugged terrain, but it wasn't as bad as I initially thought it would be. I expected it to get worse as we went higher. Researchers use to come here doing their job, and that's most of the human activity here. Speaking of activity, there was an Oddish there, which was almost as weird as finding a Venipede living in a vase. The leaves on its head was pretty much all the vegetation here, save for a few scarse patches of grass that managed to grow on this dry environment.

As we walked uphill, I couldn't help looking up at a Fletchling hovering above us. That thing has been there for quite some time... and when I say time, I mean hours. "That thing is still there." - I said. For a long while I had been trying to ignore it. But it gets to a point where that feeling of being watched starts getting really annoying. "Alright then, speed up and see if it still gives chase." - I told to Iris. "In which case, we're gonna practice some ground-air fire..."

(Word count: 476)
    (Character count: 2550)

HP: 49/54
    Moves

"None"

2x

5x

5x

5x

5x

@Lychee; do with that Rest whatever you want, that actually came by randomly as I was writing that napping part you know what, forget that!
    Last edited by Rick; 01-10-18 at 07:06 PM.

URPG Stats: (Zetaboard / Weebly)

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,989 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Rick had hopped up onto Iris’s back and they continued down the trail as the two of them surveyed the landscape. Obviously, the track itself wouldn’t go to the edge of the volcano- firstly, because it was hot and dangerous due to the potential for molten rock to come bubbling up, and secondly, because volcanic areas often have ventilation areas of odourless but toxic gasses. This probably explained why the poison type pokemon were so abundant, even before the people of Forge colonized the area.
    The sky was beginning to smear with the pink and orange of the sunset, which was catching on the volcanic and pollution based clouds that hung above. Even the night time in Forge had a softly lit sky, glowing from the volcanic action below that reflected from the smoke clouds.

As Iris began to speed up her pace, the Fletchling easily kept pace in the sky. It was becoming a little eerie being followed by this bird- and the fact that now there were no trees for it to rest or hide in made its pursuit even more obvious.

As the ponyta cantered past the oddish on the side of the track, it growled, and a puff of particles came out from the top of its leaves. Oddish usually kept their faces buried during the day and came out at night, but this one seemed to be an early riser.

Oddish used Poison Powder!

Iris had dashed past the little creature, but the particles were sucked up her nose, and they stung a tiny bit. Just a tiny bit. Nothing like the venipede, but certainly not pleasant. Iris was stronger now, after all.

Iris was poisoned! Iris took 2 damage!

Oddish: Lvl 10, 38/38
    Fletchling: Lvl 12, 44/44

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    899 (0 Banked)

Iris raised her pace, and the Fletchling did so, too. Being a flying-type, it didn't actually need to go much faster than it was already chasing us. "The Fletchling on Kang Town... what other one would be so interested in us?" - I muttered. "This is so very annoying. You know what? Lets shot it down." I said to Iris. However, that would have to wait for what came next.

As we passed by the Oddish, I had time to spot some sort of powder being sprayed from its leaves, but we were already on top of it for my warning to do any good, or for Iris to close her nostrils which wouldn't be much effective anyways for how small the particles are. I was higher, so I didn't feel anything myself, but Iris did shook her head slightly, followed with a pair of snorts as she slowed down. Isn't it sad when you can't even do a peacefull walk in the park - or a volcano in this instance - without getting picked on?

She came to a halt and turned back, staring at me and the Oddish alternately. "I didn't breath." - I assured, while looking at the grass-type. "What the hell have we done to you? We were just passing by." - I said to the Oddish. Iris was now fixed at the pokémon, pawing the ground. "We don't have time for this, just... burn it." - I told her. She raised her head and shot a fire ball at the grass-type. It didn't happen right away, but it took on a star-shaped flame as it approched the Oddish. Coming from a Ponyta, it wasn't as large as the ones we're used to see from other fully evolved pokémon, but it still packed a punch.

(Word count: 299)
    (Character count: 1538)

HP: 47/54
    (Poisoned)
    Moves

Fire Blast → Oddish

2x

5x

5x

5x

5x

@Lychee;

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,989 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Iris used Fire Blast! Super effective!
    It inflicted 20HP damage to Oddish!

As the star shaped ball of fire tumbled towards the Oddish, it screeched and tried to pull its feet up out of the cracked areas of the ground that they had been jammed into. Unfortunately, it was in no way fast enough, and as the fire rolled closer its leaves curled up, browned, crispy and shrunken. This Oddish was now in terrible shape, and still smoking slightly from the tips of its leaves.

It screeched again, this time in anger and pain, and ran forwards towards Iris. Tiny feet pounded along the ground, and furious red eyes were trained on the ponyta. It lept at the last second and bit onto the pokemon, tiny sharp teeth plugging into Iris and sucking away a small amount of nutrients out of her blood instead. It didn’t have a very good jaw though, and would be easily flung off.

Oddish used Absorb!
    It absorbed 2HP from Iris!

This was a plant pokemon trying to suck energy from what was essentially a flaming horse- and it was not a terribly effective survival mechanism. If anything else had’ve been available, or if this oddish hadn’t been so dumb and angry, it might have tried absorbing from something else.

The sting of poison powder was still up Iris’s nose however, stinging and tingling. The more she moved, the more it spread throughout her respiratory system.

Iris took 1HP Poison damage!

Above it all, still airborne, the fletchling watched. Was it learning, or studying them? It certainly didn’t hear the threat to shoot it down, and circled around, still taking in the scene.

Oddish: level 10, 19/38
    Fletchling: level 12, 44/44

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    899 (0 Banked)

The Oddish hopped back on its feet and went running towards us. I raised an eyebrow, putting a hand on my chin with a thoughtfull look. That thing was going in the opposite direction that I expected it to follow. Once it got closer, it leaped and lodged to Iris's forearm. I leaned a bit to look at it. "Hum... that's so cute..." - I muttered while looking at it wiggling its tiny legs. It didn't have any arms it could use to help holding on to her, and I doubted the teeth would be large enough to reach any more than a capillary.

Iris didn't even wince. She was just... looking at it. We hadn't had a grass-type heading straight up to a fire-type like this... because it's damn stupid! And it also makes you feel bad to even do anything about it... I dismounted, as I was doing nothing atop of Iris at that point and we would probably stay there for a bit while - I hadn't forgot about the bird that was still circling us like a Mandibuzz - and also took a few steps back. Normaly she keeps the mane at a low temperature to not burn me, but it was about to become too hot for me to be there now. And I mean really hot. "Welp... pin it down, and use Inferno." - I told her. She shook the Oddish off, stepping with a hoof on one of its leaves and slightly crouching, as the mane engulfed both Iris and the Oddish in extremely hot flames.

(Word count: 263)
    (Character count: 1340)

HP: 44/54
    (Poisoned)
    Moves

Inferno → Oddish

2x

5x

5x

5x

5x

@Lychee;

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,989 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

It was almost merciless, treading down on the oddish like that and engulfing it in flames. The little pokemon squealed and squirmed, and there was a distinct smell of roasting potato as it sizzled and cooked in Iris’s flaming inferno.

Iris used inferno! Super effective!
    Oddish was knocked out!

The oddish flopped to the ground finally, unconscious and crispy. Its departing gift was only to leave Iris with a still-stinging nose, which was spreading very slowly down her windpipe.

Iris took 1HP poison damage

For a second there was only the sound of the wind and the crackle of fire, but then the footsteps of another creature could be heard. Coming the opposite way on the path- from closer to the volcano- was a Numel. Its nostrils were flared and it was moving its stubby little legs as fast as it could go towards Iris and the Oddish, seemingly oblivious to everything else. It could see a little piece of green. It could smell roast potato. It was hungry!
    “Numel!” It insisted, and ran right at Iris, head down.

Numel used tackle!
    It inflicted 7 Damage to Iris!

Once Iris was pushed slightly further away or even the slightest bit off the top of the oddish, the Numel attempted to start eating the unconscious Oddish’s leaves. Finding a spec of green on what was essentially a barren black lava wasteland had really riled up this simple camel pokemon and it was not going to let this chance go! Eating was first priority!

Oddish: level 10, 0/38HP
    Fletchling: level 12, 44/44HP
    Numel: level 13, 50/50HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    899 (0 Banked)

I had an arm covering my face during the whole proccess, like most people would do when standing too close to an open furnace. If it was like that a few meters away from the fire, I didn't want to be on the target's place. "Okay, enough!" - I called. The flames started to settle down, revealing burned soil and a scorched Oddish. "Hmm... maybe we've overdone it?" - I muttered. A few seconds after, I heard the sound of footsteps coming from the trail, and by how frequent it was, it sounded like a quadruped.

From up the hill, a Numel was coming straight at us, with seemingly no intentions of stoping any time soon. At first I thought it would be just running away from some other pokémon, but peeking along the trail, there was nothing else coming. It completely ignored me as it passed through, and wether it was intentional or not, rammed at Iris on the flank, effectively pushing her away from the Oddish. Now seriously, what was wrong with all these pokémon?

Right after pushing Iris out of the way, it turned to the unconscious grass-type, and it appeared like it was actually going to trying to eat the Oddish's leaves. Now, that wouldn't be as bad if it was given at least a chance to defend itself, and even then, it would still be bad. That didn't even apply here. And besides, we had been the ones to make it faint in the first place. "Whoa, hold on a second! - I yelled as I went ahead and grabbed the Oddish above my head. "Sorry, but one thing is to make a pokémon faint. Another one is eating it." - I said to the Numel. I guess it was just like talking to a wall.

Iris, to no surprise, wasn't very happy for having been ran over by a dromedary, especially when she hadn't done anything to the offender to begin with. In fact, if it was like me, she didn't see that coming. From the corner of my eye I could notice she had took a few steps back, and was now showing all the signs of aggression: shaking her head, her neck stretched, forcefully pawing the ground while snorting, and with her head lowered and about to ram at the Numel.

(Word count: 389)
    (Character count: 2055)

HP: 36/54
    (Poisoned)
    Moves

Skull Bash → Numel

2x

5x

5x

5x

5x

@Lychee;
    Last edited by Rick; 01-13-18 at 09:20 PM.

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,989 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

“Nuuuuu” The numel moaned, stretching out its neck to try to get at the oddish. While it had no qualms with running into a ponyta from afar, it seemed that the now stationary numel was less keen on openly attacking a trainer for food. Perhaps it thought it could just convince Rick to give it the leafy goodness?
    “Nuuu!” It called out again, and nudged at Ricks arm roughly, trying to get him to let go of the creature, and stretching out its tongue. Even though it was so focused on food, it was quite surprising that the numel wasn’t outright pushing Rick over- since in truth, he had berries on his person. Perhaps its nostrils were so small, and the berries so well packaged, that it couldn’t tell? But that wouldn’t last long, as the camel was nudging Rick more and more roughly as he didn’t give in. Death by hungry numel squishing wasn’t a great way to go.
    Iris, meanwhile, looked like one furious horse indeed. The clear signs that she was about to attack went completely unnoticed by the oblivious volcano-camel. It was times like these that in the past, when a creature was on a higher amount of health, Iris had been able to unleash an explosive eruption of firey force that even she didn’t intend to. Unfortunately, today was not one of those days. She might have been weakened because of the slight poison in her system.

Iris took 1HP poison damage!

As the numel continued ‘nuu’ing at Rick, Iris had finally had enough and was lowering her head. The numel only just caught sight of her aggression out of the corner of its eye before the attack was about to land!

Oddish was knocked out!
    Fletchling: level 12 44/44HP
    Numel: level 13 50/50HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    899 (0 Banked)

The Numel was glued to me, begging for its food I was holding... if "food" is the correct wording. It felt like some kid begging you for something that you know you shouldn't give by any means, but makes you feel obligated to give in anyways, for how sad he or she looks... except if it was indeed a human kid, I wouldn't give a damn about it. But for some reason I always felt more pitty for pokémon than some brats who didn't learn when to quit nor any manners, and we know the end result when they grow up. Then again, we could argue the same applies to any creature.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Truth is, it wouldn't leave me alone until it got that Oddish... or at least something else that it could put on its stomach. Actually, I had 20 of those "somethings" in my belt pocket. I was surprised that it didn't straight up open it and took them all. Then again, it wasn't that easy for a creature with no thumbs and that couldn't do much with its mouth other than breath fire and... yeah, eat... to open the buckle and reach the content. "What day is it, Sunday? Then we're close to harvesting day..." - I muttered.

When I took a glimpse at Iris again, she was already charging towards the Numel, and slammed head-first on camel's flank in the same way she had been hit by it a few moments before. But I guess the food was much more of Numel's interest. It didn't seem to bother too much about the hit. Such contempt just seemed to make her even more angrier, and she was preparing to charge at the Numel once again.

"Alright, stop!" - I hugged her by the neck with my left arm and turned her away from the Numel, while holding the Oddish on my right hand and out of range of the famished pokémon. "Mind setting down just a little bit while I take care of this camel?" - I muttered to her. "'Cause right now with that poison, you're just making it worse for you." - I added. She snorted, and for once she was quiet, although still staring at the Numel, which was already glued to me again, wanting the Oddish. "Okay, I got a much better idea." - I opened the belt pocket, taking a Mago berry from it and holding it on my hand, showing it to the Numel. "You're angry? Then..." - I said before putting it on the ground for it. "There! But this Oddish isn't food. At least not in my watch." - I added.

Looking at Iris, she was staring at the Numel, licking her chops. "Err... you know what? Take them all! Bon appetit!" - I grabbed all the Magos in the pocket and dropped them on the floor for the Numel, while I hopped on Iris. "Okay, go! You'll get yours next!" - I told her, as I also gave her the Oddish to grab. "Don't chew. I just need my hands free, okay?" She reared up slightly before dashing along the trail.

(Word count: 524)
    (Character count: 2706)

HP: 35/54
    (Poisoned)
    Moves

Skull Bash → Numel

2x

5x

5x

5x

0x

@Lychee;