User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra Wormhole RP: Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,867 (0 Banked)

BP 13 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    Dazzling in the false sunlight, Iris made for a majestic sight as she leaped into the air, a comet’s tail of fire trailing behind her. The Air Slash slid harmlessly by; it dissipated in seconds, leaving behind only a scratch in the floor.

Iris’s mane blazed at the sound of Rick’s second command but, antsy as she was, she’d leapt as soon as her Trainer had given the command. It didn’t help that Rick was changing his orders while Iris was airborne; Margo swore she saw the Rapidash's ears twitch in frustration at the apex of her jump. She did her best to adjust course, but she’d jumped to dodge, not attack, and at any rate Rapidash weren’t precisely made for pouncing on their prey. Scizor’s claws scraped the floor, steely nails on an iron chalkboard, as he swept to one side. Iris’s flames were hot enough that they licked across his side as she streaked by, but he barely reacted. Only the faintest trace of a singe was left behind.

Fortunately, the same could be said for Iris. Having given herself so little forward momentum, when she hit the ground, she was able to backpedal fast enough to keep herself from smacking into a pile of crates instead of her intended target. She turned round slowly and deliberately, as if trying to preserve her dignity from such a wide miss.

Scizor was watching this whole affair with narrowed eyes. Apparently, the Rapidash was showing too much close-quarters prowess for his liking. His eyes went from slitted to closed, and he lifted his claws in front of his chest, wings slowing as he concentrated. A shimmer of blue, metallic light covered every inch of him, then disappeared; when it went, it left his armor tougher, glossier, and stronger. Seeming content with his increased defenses, Scizor leveled his pincers at Iris once more, another Vacuum Wave at the ready.

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/46% HP. Used Bounce+Flare Blitz.
    Scizor/M/??? Ability/??? Nature/68% HP/Defense +2, Speed +2. Used Iron Defense; using Vacuum Wave.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Name: Rick.
    Location: Some sort of metallic building. The crosswalks above form a dense roof. The artificial sunlight is beginning to peter out.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Revival Herb (x1).
    Encounters Remaining: 1/5
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/Male/??? Nature
    Pokemon Captured: ???
    Character Count: 11,821/45,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/46%
    Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/75%
    EMs: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Fake Tears, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn.

Last edited by VeloJello; 06-02-18 at 03:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,445 (0 Banked)

While Iris was coming down to the ground, the Scizor managed to slide away from the impact zone with a help from his pincers. Despite the biggest part of the move having been a miss, chunks of fire from the Flare Blitz still managed to reach the Scizor and come into contact with its metal body. Though for Iris it wasn't exactly enough reason to be happy. She usually ends up getting hurt a bit from the move's impact, but in this case, she managed to soften the landing and regained composure almost immediately. She gave her opponent a baleful stare as she slowly turned around.

The Scizor standed still for a few seconds, analyzing the current situation. Understandably it wasn't a good one - we started taking a more aggressive approach since he started using his agility. His body started glowing, with his wings ceasing movement for the first time since we've found him. When that glow eventually dissipated, it revealed a shinier and more durable metalic body. "Going defensive again, hmm? Well, that actually also halves my concerns." - I muttered. It some way, it actually helped our cause by lowering the risk of us going too far, and Iris could go a further with her strength and hit harder, and Well, that actually lowers my concerns about going too far...

After reinforcing his armor, the Scizor lifted his pincers at Iris. By this time I had already learn that every time a Scizor's arms raise up even a bit - or any pokémon that has weaponized limbs for the matter - it must be taken as a sign of incoming attack. The other times, we had just let him do his thing. But being a spectator only isn't fun, so for this one we were gonna take action before him, and hopefully stop him as a bonus. "Oh, not this time. Quick Attack! Lift him up, and follow up with Flamethrower while he's airborne!" - I ordered. She dashed forward with a sudden, short burst of speed to close the gap, thrusting her horn under the Bug-type's abdoment and swinging her head upwards. She then leaned, ready to let loose a stream of fire from her mane at the Scizor.

(Word count: 373)
    (Character count: 2059)

HP: 46%
    Moves

Quick Attack → Flamethrower

75%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,867 (0 Banked)

BP 14 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    Light flashed, a pale blue glow in Scizor’s claws and a halo of white around Iris. Scizor attempted to zero in on Iris, but her sudden motion threw his aim off; two jets of air smacked into the space that Iris had been occupying mere seconds ago. There was a loud, ferocious clang as Iris smacked into Scizor, stretching her neck and front hooves out to extend her reach below Scizor’s body.

However, there was a hitch in Rick’s plan. With her neck between Scizor’s abdomen and thigh, Iris fought to flick her head upward and send Scizor flying, but nothing happened except for her mane smoking from the effort. Margo winced at the sight of Iris fighting so hard; the Rapidash’s hooves skidded for purchase against the floor, scratching loudly against the metal, but there was little traction to be found. Her whole body shuddered and shook as she strained, but her metal-plated opponent was heavy to the point where even its own wings had no hope of lifting it. Even a strong, healthy Rapidash like Iris stood no chance of hoisting up a Pokemon that heavy from a dead stop, let alone throwing it into the air.

Scizor’s claw lifted; in a moment of panic, Iris scrambled to escape, but now Scizor was turning her position against her, tensing his leg and pinning her down. Iris’s mane changed; rather than burning low, it flared brilliantly, sending tongues of fire licking up Scizor’s body. He winced, but was undeterred. Violet light surrounded his claws and he brought both of them down on Iris’s flank in quick succession before pulling his leg away.

Like a drowning person desperate for air, Iris threw her head skyward; her eyes glinted with harsh rage, but before she could act, Scizor skittered forward. A pale flash of silver shimmered along its horns; with all of its might, it slammed its head into Iris’s, smacking her across the jaw. Her flames died back to their normal strength and she reeled backward, momentarily stunned.

Even though the false sun wasn’t connected to Iris anymore, it seemed to mirror her faded fire; as Iris stood panting, the light blinked once and then fizzled out. Scizor flicked his wings contemptuously at Iris as though trying to taunt her into another charge; there was no response from Iris except for a baleful glare and tired panting. For a moment, Iris turned that look on Rick. It was a little harsh, but Margo honestly couldn’t blame Iris for her anger. Rick had made an honest mistake in overestimating his Pokemon’s strength, but it was the exhausted Iris who was paying for it now.

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/37% HP. Used Quick Attack, Flamethrower (flinched)
    Scizor/M/??? Ability/??? Nature/63% HP/Defense +2, Speed +2. Used Double Hit, Iron Head.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Some sort of metallic building. The crosswalks above form a dense roof. The artificial sunlight has faded.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Revival Herb (x1).
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 13,876/45,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/37%
    Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

EMs: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Fake Tears, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,445 (0 Banked)

When Iris actually tried to push the Scizor up, the Bug-type simply wouldn't budge. "Damn, he's really that heavy?" - I commented to myself with widened eyes. The next few seconds felt like hours, as I watched the Scizor locking Iris's neck and proceed to punish her with strong blows on her side while she was defenseless. And even when it looked like he was done and finaly let her go, he still rushed forward to land a second blow on her head for finish. To add a bit more salt to the wound, the solar orb above us also started fading seconds after Iris getting up on her feet, before dissipating completely. "Ah... now that we were gonna need it the most..." - I muttered while taking the glasses off.

The fading of the artificial sun also ended up interrupting Zephir's nap. Now for the first time he was paying attention to what was going on, and after spoting his wounded partner, he quick stood up. I looked briefly at Zephir before turning towards Iris again. In her current state, we weren't going anywhere, and she barely had any rest since that Archeops from the previous area. "Alright girl, come here now." - I called while reaching my hand. "I'm so sorry about that. You take some rest now, while we set a few things here, okay?" - I told her while patting on her neck. She walked behind me before laying down, with her legs tuck under her body. Then I claped my fingers and gestured at Zephir to step in. "You're on it, pal!" - I called. He jumped down from the crate he was standing on and leapt in front of me, standing in a low stance and with his tail wagging slightly to the sides.

Before I gave him any instruction, however, I put my arms behind my back and peeked at Iris from the corner of my eye. "Psst... here, take this." - I told her in a low tone. She lifted her head, and after calling her attention, I opened my hand to reveal a powdery type of medicine, similar to flour in appearence... only in appearence, because the taste was like pretty much any other medicine you ingest: horrible! "You're getting in again, soon, and I'll need you as fresh as possible when that time comes." - I added. She stretched her neck and opened her mouth, while I poured the energy powder down her throat.

She had an expectable grimace when the bitter taste started getting to her, but after shaking her head twice in disgust, she still had the guts to lick and take the remaining powder from my hand. "There ya go, good girl..." - I praised. "I would probably throw up a few seconds after, if I had to swallow that shit." - I added. Plenty of pokémon actually do exactly that when you're not watching them. In her case though, I was sure that wasn't gonna happen... because, besides her having good manners when it comes to health care, horses are incapable of vomiting in the first place. So I could just focus right away on Zephir and the Scizor...

"Alright! Let's roll!" - I shouted, while clapping hands. "Sharpen those bulb 'n tail and let's get started." - I added. The leaf on Zephir's head, as well as his tail, started glowing in a bright green, forming into blades and growing slightly in size as he swinged them around a few times and sharpened them against one another. "Now. Razor Leaf!" - I ordered. Zephir swinged the leaf on his head, shooting a barrage of razor-sharp leaves at the Scizor.

(Word count: 614)
    (Character count: 3326)

HP: 75%
    Moves

Swords Dance → Razor Leaf

37%
    @VeloJello;
    Last edited by Rick; 06-07-18 at 01:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,867 (0 Banked)

BP 15 - Ranger Margo Sterling

For a moment, Iris scraped the ground reluctantly. She still seemed irate; it was hard to tell whether she was annoyed about her injuries or about having to leave the battlefield. Margo felt a pang of sympathy for the proud Pokemon. It couldn’t be easy for her to flounder against a Pokemon she had such a strong type advantage over. The fact that she was forced to show restraint against this Pokemon hadn’t exactly helped her, nor had the fact that the Scizor was from Ultra Space - and therefore likely much stronger than most others of its species.

However, while Iris was proud, she wasn’t foolhardy. She trundled toward her Trainer on heavy hooves, her head drooping. When Rick patted her neck, she relaxed slightly, her frustration giving way to tiredness as she folded her forelegs and lay down next to her Trainer. She barely looked up as Zephir leaped down - though her ears twitched as he disturbed one of the crates. Margo glanced at it; this one was larger than most and seemed to have more writing on it than the others. It looked urgent. Maybe some sort of warning?

There wasn’t an awful lot of time to reflect on all of this. Scizor had been watching; with his opponent beaten, what would happen next? His claws snapped when he saw Zephir, and he backed off slightly. He was slowing a bit, drained from the heat, and he seemed ill-inclined to attack the leafy fox head-on - not when he didn’t know all of his tricks, but did clearly have some proficiency with a Flying-type projectile attack.

Meanwhile, Rick was lending Iris a hand. Discreetly, so that neither of the battling Pokemon noticed, he palmed some pale powder and offered it to Iris. At first, she winced at the taste, and her ears and nose twitched fiercely, but she forced herself to eat all of her medicine. That was good. The ground-up herbs that composed a dose of Energy Powder were incredibly potent for restoring a Pokemon’s strength and helping to speed natural healing, but they weren’t a miracle cure. Iris was exhausted; she would need the whole dose, and probably a few moments’ rest, in order to get back up to her full strength.

While Iris took her well-earned rest, Zephir was ready to take up the battle in his teammate’s stead. He breathed in and out deeply, swinging his strong tail and lifting his leafy head with fierce confidence. A green glow formed around him, focused on his tail and his foliage crest; a second later, a storm of leaves as sharp as daggers filled the air. Metal sliced with a piercing shriek and Scizor winced. Margo, for a moment, was surprised that Zephir had inflicted so much damage, but then she realized a second later that most of those leaves had gone into the crates behind Scizor - three big, tall crates with the same scrawlings as the one Zephir had been lying on top of. Zephir’s ears swiveled forward, and Margo could swear she heard a beeping noise. Scizor evidently heard it, too. He took a look at the crates and his wings twitched nervously. For a moment, he seemed torn, but his confidence returned quickly - he’d defeated his fiery foe, and now all that was left was to take care of the grassy one. Pale red light danced along the edges of his claws as he hurried forward. The spring in his step was gone - but he wasn’t exactly slow as he barrelled straight for Zephir.

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/87% HP ->
    Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/75% HP/Attack +2. Used Swords Dance, Razor Leaf.

Scizor/M/??? Ability/??? Nature/63% HP/Defense +2, Speed +1. Using Fury Cutter.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Some sort of metallic building. The crosswalks above form a dense roof. Iris is resting beside Rick. A few big crates are damaged, and are they... making noise?
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x2), Revival Herb (x1).
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 17,194/45,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/87%

Last edited by VeloJello; 06-11-18 at 11:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,445 (0 Banked)

The razor leaves shot towards the Scizor at high speed, and the only thing the pokémon did was flinching as the leaves passed through him. "Holy crap! Where did you get those leaves?" - I said, after seeing the leaves didn't bounce off the bug's body as I actually expected to happen. I only realized what actually happened when I leaned a bit and looked behind the Scizor. "Oh, you missed them all actually... nevermind, I was starting to get a bit baffled if those things had actually cut through the poor thing." - I added with a smirk and scratching my hair. Zephir just tilted his head to look at the leaves nailed on a few crates behind his supposed target.

The Scizor also took a few seconds to stare at those, although there may have been other reasons for him to do it... and Zephir too, for the record. Small crates like the one Iris had shot the Solar Beam at and the Scizor was standing in before didn't have anything special to them. But the bigger ones, like those three that had just been hit by the razor leaves would start making some beeping noises when they were disturbed. The one that Zephir had picked as a naping place did the same thing when he droped off from it. Back then, I didn't give it much importance other than a quick glanse, even though maybe we should be aware of the surroundings, especially in a place that looked like a lab and is full of machinery and abandoned, experimental stuff. Iris made a groan as she narrowed her eyes slightly. "Yeah, I heard. It will start getting annoying after a while, but... what can we do? I got other stuff to focus on." - I said. Not gonna lie and say I wasn't intrigued about what was inside these boxes, but in the middle of a fight? This wasn't Christmas nor my Birthday, so I didn't find it urgent to find out... although a beeping noise should already give away some mechanical or electronic stuff.

The Scizor eventually lost interest on the crates and the noise, and apparently got some extra confidence by seeing his opponent lack of aiming, even if only for this instance at least. He started moving towards Zephir claws first. "Here comes!" - I warned. "And he better watch his steps. Grass Knot!" Zephir got surrounded by a green aura as he raised his tail, and multiple vines started riping the tiles as they grew out of the ground and tied into knots, filing the gap betwen the two pokémon with small traps in an attempt to ensnare the Scizor in at least one of them. "Those leaves also feel a bit lonely down there... bring them back!" - I told him. With the grass knots all set and Zephir still surrounded in an aura, the leaves that were lodged on the crates behind the Scizor started glowing with a multi-colorful pattern. Soon after, they started spinning and detached thelmselves from the crates before shooting back towards the Scizor.

(Word count: 516)
    (Character count: 2829)

Moves

Grass Knot
    Magical Leaf

87%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,867 (0 Banked)

BP 16 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    Metal creaked and buckled; to Scizor’s shock, vines rose up from the floor’s plating to wrap around his feet. The vines weren’t particularly thick or strong - Zephir was straining to bring them into existence at all - but they were enough to stop Scizor in his tracks and bring him to his knees. The light on his claw flickered out, and he turned toward the offending foliage, snipping at it as quickly as his clumsy claws would allow.

Zephir was more than ready to take advantage of his foe’s distraction. He closed his eyes in concentration, and a second later, the stray leaves he’d fired off began to shimmer in a rainbow of colors. The beeping crates’ volume picked up as the leaves ripped out of them, only to quiet down to near-inaudibility once the motion stopped. Scizor looked up at the sound of the shifting sound and winced, covering his face as the leafy light show exploded against him in prismatic, vibrant colors.

Fortunately for Scizor, even the strongest burst of Magical Leaves wasn’t liable to do much to him. Between his own efforts and the leaves’ slashing, he was able to easily cast aside the vines that had ensnared him. He didn’t try to cross the room again, knowing how easily his momentum could be redirected against him; instead, he lifted a claw and sliced it through empty space, sending an Air Slash rocketing toward Zephir.

Encounter Stats
    Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/75% HP/Attack +2. Used Grass Knot, Magical Leaf.
    Scizor/M/??? Ability/??? Nature/59% HP/Defense +2, Speed +1. Using Air Slash.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Some sort of metallic building. The crosswalks above form a dense roof. Iris is resting beside Rick. The damaged crates have quieted down a tad.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x2), Revival Herb (x1).
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 20,019/45,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,445 (0 Banked)

Some of the vines just snaped as the Scizor went past them, untill the bug-type gradually lost enough momentum to ultimately be stoped by them, being forced to take some time to set free. Meanwhile, the colorful leaves were heading towards their target. The crates also decided to shut up for once, as an added bonus. "Ah, much better now..." - I said while scratching my ear. Iris's ears were still twitching, so I guess there was still a very faint sound still coming from there that I didn't notice, but was more than good enough to not drive me insane.

When the small puffs of light from the Magical Leaves ceased, the Scizor had managed to cut off the vines he was traped on. After that, he didn't try to come at us a second time. He stayed right where he was, sending an Air Slash with a swipe of his claw. "You're not coming? That's boring..." - I muttered, before giving Zephir the next command. "Block that thing with Iron Tail!" Zephir's tail hardened with a metalic glow, with which he whirled to slam the incoming Air Slash.

All these moves were good for distraction and suppression when Zephir is supporting a teammate that is in charge of the damage department... but there was no teammate to support, so they weren't accomplishing much besides buying time. Especialy when this was the complete opposite as when Iris was fighting: she had twice the advantage, while Zephir had twice the disadvantage. For the Scizor, these small projectiles would feel like tickles. At this point I thought we were gonna have to go for a different approach... a closer one. "Very well then. Quick Attack! Get up to him and use Knock Off!" - I ordered. After a short burst of speed to close the gap between him and the Scizor, Zephir did a small jump at about the height of the bug-type's shoulders and whirled to slap the opponent to the side with his tail.

(Word count: 335)
    (Character count: 1856)

Moves

Iron Tail (On the Air Slash)
    Quick Attack → Knock Off

87%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,867 (0 Banked)

BP 17 - Ranger Margo Sterling

Light flash against light and blade’s edge met blade’s edge. For a moment, Zephir hung suspended in midair, the stress of blocking the Air Slash attack holding him; then he fell, with the remaining wind energy passing him harmlessly by. He seemed a little tired, but he tossed his head with a little pride showing in his big brown eyes.

There was little time for Zephir to bask; his Trainer’s orders impelled him forward, with streaks of white light edging his paws. From their vantage point far away, the two humans had time to see a surprised, but pleased, gleam in Scizor’s eyes - then Zephir’s tail crackled with black energy and he leaped upward, swinging his tail hard at the apex of the jump. Much like how Scizor had struck Iris across the cheek, Zephir now slammed his tail into Scizor’s head, causing the big bug to stumble backward and rub at his head in discomfort.

Having delivered his attack, Zephir moved to trot backward. Even in his dozing, it seemed that the little Grass-type had noticed what a dangerous foe the Scizor could be at close quarters. However, quick as Zephir was, Scizor was prepared. That same red light returned to his claws, and he slashed Zephir across the flank before the Leafeon could escape. Zephir squealed, his huge ears flattening with surprise and pain.

Zephir recovered quickly, turning angrily to face his metallic foe. Scizor didn’t seem to be in any hurry to attack again, but that red light was still flickering in traces around the edge of its claw. Margo leaned forward, curious; this must be one of those attacks that got the Pokemon pumped up. She found herself glancing at Iris. The Rapidash still seemed a little tired, but she was much more alert as she watched the fight. Of course, Zephir was doing alright, and his lightness on his paws was a big asset here, as was his ability to damage Scizor without a huge risk of knocking it out… Margo watched thoughtfully; Rick had a bit of time, but not much, to make his decision as Scizor’s claws flickered.

Encounter Stats
    Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/68% HP/Attack +2. Used Iron Tail, Quick Attack+Knock Off.
    Scizor/M/??? Ability/??? Nature/55% HP/Defense +2, Speed +1. Used Fury Cutter.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Some sort of metallic building. The crosswalks above form a dense roof. Iris is resting beside Rick. The damaged crates are mostly quiet.
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 21,539/45,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:

Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/68%

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,445 (0 Banked)

The Knock Off at least made the bug-type to stumble back a bit after being hit. Who would tell a dose of karma could have such an impact? 'Cause it was pretty similar to what the Scizor had just done to Iris a few minutes ago. "Oh, you liked this one, didn't you?" - I said to Iris, and she made a groan in response. "Then keep watching."
    Too bad the Scizor had the advantage in close-quarters nonetheless. Sure, it got a bit dazed after being slaped in the face, but that armor shell was still doing its job perfectly. Soon after Zephir backing away a few feet, the Scizor was already up to him again and swiping his claw on the grass-type's body before the latter could react on time. Iris made another groan, except this one wasn't one from happiness and was accompanied with griting teeth. "That's not what I had in mind when I said keep watching..." - I said told her after wincing.

After taking the hit and getting back on his feet, his tail, which is kept perked up most of the time, was now layed close to the ground, covering a hole from which one of the grass knots had grew up before. I smirked with a hand on my chin before giving the next command. "Huh... Sand Attack!" Zephir swinged his tail, throwing the gathered dirt from the soil up towards the Scizor's eyes. And yes, I know this is considered a cheap shot, but when your opponent has twice the advantage, we call it balancing the odds. "Ok, now trip him over with Tail Whip, and follow up with Iron Tail!" - I ordered. With another quick movement, he swiped his tail across the Scizor's legs, before hardening his tail and jumping to slam it down into his opponent.

(Word count: 307)
    (Character count: 1637)

HP: 68%
    Moves

Sand Attack
    Tail Whip → Iron Tail

87%
    @VeloJello;