User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ultra Wormhole RP: Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,237 (0 Banked)

NBP 9 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    ((OOC: Sorry, it seems like I dropped the ball on a few stats things - Iris's running HP total and your remaining encounters. They should be fixed now; I'll be more careful from here on out. Don't hesitate to say something if you see me slipping up!))

The Heal Bell had helped to put the Archeops flock at ease - none of them seemed at all interested in following the strangers anymore, something that left Margo about as soothed as the birds had been. She was fine with bigger, stronger Pokemon most of the time, but this was unfamiliar terrain, and the Archeops hadn’t exactly been friendly.

“GPS interference?” Margo repeated. “I doubt it. After all, we’re not really on the globe.” She smiled, hoping that the joke didn’t sound too clunky. “But yeah, you’re right - your Zephir’s been a good companion, and my Togekiss has any aerial reconnaissance we need covered. At any rate, I wouldn’t worry about it yet. Roswell seems to think the wormhole is pretty far from where we started, and they’re usually right.” She paused a moment to glance back up at her Metagross, whose trail was slowly but surely becoming a bit less erratic and zig-zag-y. “If they get too lost, I’ll send out Kayla and get her help, too, but for now, we should be able to just follow Roswell.”

Sure enough, a disk of spinning white light appeared through the trees within a few minutes. Roswell let out a pleased chime and turned back to Margo, gesturing at the portal with one claw.

“Nice job, Ros. Take a break for now; we might need your help again,” Margo said, recalling the big Steel-type to their Pokeball. She then turned toward Rick. “Whenever you’re ready, we can head back through the portal. Though, I’d brace yourself,” she added, feeling a bit of nervousness creeping in on her. “Ultra Space just seems to be getting wilder as we go in and out.”

'Wilder' was putting it nicely, Margo discovered. What little dark, blank space had remained was almost completely eaten up by flashes and swirls of lurid color. The regular, steady pulse that had previously suffused Ultra Space was gone, replaced by surges of light that seemed random in both timing and intensity. The portals - all of them, Margo realized; like the previous portals, the emerald green one had merely dimmed rather than disappearing - had stopped spinning, but they looked different. Coronas of golden light were beginning to surround them, as though they were gathering power.

"Huh," muttered Margo. She glanced at Rick. "Looks like we're still here," she said, "though if I were you, I'd pick the next portal carefully. We haven't got much time before this place spits us out, I think."

Trainer Stats

Spoiler:
    Name: Rick.
    Location: Ultra Space. It's gone from weird to outright trippy.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Revival Herb (x1).
    Encounters Remaining: 2/5
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Pokemon Captured: ???
    Character Count: 2,182/???

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/73%
    Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/75%
    EMs: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Fake Tears, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn.

Remaining Portals

Spoiler:
    Light Blue: Great Lakes
    Dark Blue: Sandy Beach
    Dark Green: The Woods
    Red: Mt. Deckbi
    Light Green: Botanical Gardens
    Yellow: Abandoned Power Plant
    White: Mt. Oktori
    Pink: Meteor Valley
    Purple: Ruined Manor

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,228 (0 Banked)

We took a few minutes, but Roswell eventually started getting better oriented towards the portal's location. But when we steped in, it looked like an entirely different place. It used to be darker and have a much calmer atmosphere. In comparison with how it was, back before we went through the first two portals, the lighting patterns looked erratic. "Huh... this doesn't feel like Space anymore. More like a Disco." - I commented. Also, same thing as all the others, the portal we had just came in was still there, just not as bright.

We had been told Ultra Space gets to a point where it starts being unstable and eventually expels outsiders, and we had been here for quite some time already. "Okay..." - I said while turning to Iris. "He picked the last one, you get to choose the other." She made a few steps forward, but didn't even get near the portal. She just nodded with her head at the yellow one. I narrowed my eyes and put a hand on my chin, while alternating my sight between Iris and the portal, and also thinking when Zephir picked his. "Seriously? You guys are just picking the ones that match your body colors!" - I said. "I bet if I asked you to pick another one now, you'd go for the red." - I added.

I sighed while rubbing my eyes, before talking. "Fine! We'll go for the yellow. I actually hope that one disappears, 'cause I don't like yellow anyways. But I'll pick the next one... if there is a next one..."

(Word count: 265)
    (Character count: 1432)

HP: 73%
    Moves

«None»

75%
    @VeloJello;

URPG Stats: (Zetaboard / Weebly)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,237 (0 Banked)

NBP 10 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    Margo snorted. She could see what Rick meant by a disco, though it was a bit of a lonely one, what with its infinite-looking size and its population of three. When Rick mentioned not liking the color yellow, she blinked at him. It didn’t matter at all, really, but seriously, were there any colors that he actually cared for?

It was good for Rick, Margo supposed, that the area that the portal let out into was a drab gray. They were in some sort of enclosed space with metal walls, a tall, vast room with catwalks stretching up above into what seemed to be infinity. Rust was eating at the walls; the air, thick and suffocating, stank of iron. Metal crates littered the area, painted with some sort of red lettering that Margo realized uncomfortably didn’t match any sort of language she’d ever heard of.

“I don’t see a portal,” Margo murmured, half to herself, “but there’s a big door over there. If this is anything like the Meditite’s area, then it’s gonna be -”

She stopped suddenly when she saw a flash of red moving across one of the lower catwalks. A Scizor stood there, its golden eyes emotionless as it stared down at the Trainer and Pokemon. Margo took a deep breath. Scizor were tough Pokemon, and they could get a bit territorial at times, but they weren’t too much of a threat to people like Rick, who had a Fire-type Pokemon on hand. The Scizor seemed to be aware of its own weakness; it stood back, waiting. Except for the occasional flutter of its wings, it was unmoving.

“What’re you thinking?” Margo asked Rick quietly. The Scizor’s eyes flitted toward Margo at the sound of her voice, but it was otherwise as still as ever. “This might be another one you have to fight off if you want to flee, but from what I understand, Scizor are pretty popular Pokemon.”

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Ultra Space. It's gone from weird to outright trippy.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Revival Herb (x1).
    Encounters Remaining: 2/5
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/???/??? Nature
    Character Count: 3,610/???

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/73%
    Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

EMs: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Fake Tears, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,228 (0 Banked)

The place we ended up being kinda resembled a warehouse, from the amount of metal crates scattered around the area. It also resembled some other place we had been in the Enigma Ruins, unfortunately... except this one at least wasn't dark. Still looked abandoned though, which shouldn't be a surprise since I can't think of anyone who could maintain this. Well, actually it wasn't 100% abandoned, since a Scizor decided to pass by. It may have seen a Fire-type, but it wasn't enough reason for him to go away and not to stand its ground. He just sit there, observing us with caution and completely immobile, save for the ocasional flap of its wings and eyes tweaking.

Another thing in this place that was familiar was a big gate across the room, similar to the one where we had met the Meditite. If it was the samething, we would have to stay here for a while and have fun with this bug... except it probably wouldn't be the same type of fun. The ranger asked what I wanted to do, making a special mention to Scizor's popularity. "Well, if it was still a Scyther, it would defenitely be for the keeps. But being a Scizor though..." - I paused while thinking. "I think there might be someone interested in one of these? So I'll probably try to catch it just so I don't leave empty handed if we don't find anything of my interest. I just don't have guarantees that this is gonna be the one I'm actually taking."

Iris walked to my side, leaning her head slightly towards me. "Honestly, I wanted to spare you for some eventuality and let Zephir handle things. But with this one I just can't." - I said to her, and patted on her witters before she took a few steps towards the Scizor. "Umm... one little thing by the way." - She peeked at me from the corner of her eye when I called. "Don't skid. This isn't exactly the most appropriate type of floor for hooves... if you know what I mean..." - I told, while giving her a side glimpse, with a hand covering my mouth. She sighed. Last time she accelerated indoors, she ended up stuck in a pile of furniture... as a ponyta, when she was slower.

"Alright!" - I said while clapping hands. "Enough chit chatting! Now, for a warm up, go ahead and trap him in a Fire Spin." - I ordered. She started galloping towards the Scizor, though not head-on. The flames on her fetlocks started covering her legs and hooves, and her tail stretching towards the ground. She started circling around the Scizor, leaving a trail of fire where she passed which grew higher the more she kept circling.

(Word count: 464)
    (Character count: 2524)

HP: 73%
    Moves

Fire Spin

75%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,237 (0 Banked)

BP 10 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    Warm-up, heh.

The Scizor flinched as Iris’s flames flared; it seemed to try to move, but Iris’s continuous circling below it left it with nowhere to go. The fire rose as Iris gathered speed, leaving Scizor trapped in a ring of heat. Its wings flapped so fast that they blurred into near-invisibility as the Scizor desperately tried to cool itself down. For a moment, it was petrified, the inescapable heat temporarily overwhelming its senses.

However, it wasn’t going to let this go without a fight. With quick strokes of its claws, it shredded the railing of the catwalk it was on, then stomped down on the floor with a mighty foot. Its section of catwalk fell; Iris let out a shrill whinny of surprise and veered off-course as Scizor hit the ground hard enough that the entire building seemed to shake.

Iris glared at the Scizor; she moved to resume her fiery trail, but before she got the chance, Scizor darted toward her, claws flickering with black-and-violet energy. A powerful Night Slash ripped across Iris’s flank, eliciting a shriek of pain. Iris reared up, attempting to hit Scizor with her hooves; the metallic bug just barely managed to skid to one side. Iris let out a snort and pawed at the ground, with equal parts challenge, confidence, and irritation in her bearing. Scizor took a few steps back, wings flapping hard. It had lost the advantage of height, and now it seemed to be studying Iris, looking for openings that it could exploit to gain some other precious leverage on its fiery opponent.

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/67% HP. Used Fire Spin.
    Scizor/???/??? Ability/??? Nature/89% HP. Used Metal Claw (on the railing), Night Slash.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Some sort of metallic building. The crosswalks above form a dense roof.
    Encounters Remaining: 1/5
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/???/??? Nature
    Character Count: 6,128/45,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/67%

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,228 (0 Banked)

As Iris formed a ring of fire around the Scizor, I just waited with arms crossed. After waiting for a few seconds and seeing the Scizor simply covered its face while the flames got bigger, I rolled my eyes. "Oh, I swear, if you'll just sit there and melt down without trying, I won't even bother catching you." - I muttered.

Then there was finaly a reaction from the bug's part. He decided to give up on the higher ground and slamed down the floor, enough to make Iris to deviate course. For that my eyes widened "Good! You have some fighting in you. Now I'm interested." When Iris tried to keep up the ring of fire, the Scizor also responded with a blow on her flank. She reared to try and hit the attacker, but the Scizor still managed to back away enough to avoid her hoof. After that, he remained still just like in the beginning, in contrast with Iris which was just pissed. Well, I didn't take long to send the next command anyway, so she also didn't dig a hole in the floor for pawing too much from anger.

Both pokémon were just a few inches away from each other right now, so that's less time for the opponent to react, and we might aswell not give him too much time to think on what he should do next. "Put the flame cloak up. Stomp to stun him, and follow up with a Flamethrower!" - I ordered. Flames started covering her body once again and she gave a small leap to closed up with the Scizor, then reared up for a swipe of a flaming hoof aimed at the bug's head as her mane flared in preparation for a point-blank Flamethrower.

(Word count: 295)
    (Character count: 1540)

HP: 67%
    Moves

Flame cloak + Stomp → Flamethrower

75%
    @VeloJello;
    Last edited by Rick; 05-17-18 at 09:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,237 (0 Banked)

BP 11 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    For a second, Margo wondered what the heck a “flame cloak” could possibly be, but she didn’t have to wonder for very long. Iris’s mane died down slightly as flames billowed from her mouth; the fire on her fetlocks surged upward rather than outward, sending a blaze dancing along her legs. Within the blink of an eye, the only part of the Rapidash that was visible past the conflagration was her eyes.

There something like revelation on Scizor’s face; he didn’t move in the face of Iris’s blazing charge, only raised his pincers to cover his face and chest. There was a deafening clang as Iris’s hooves struck home, knocking Scizor to his knees and sending fire lashing along his body. Above the din of the flames and the crash of hooves against metal, Iris let out a triumphant whinny, her jaws parting to let loose a geyser of fire -

Barely visible below the flames, Scizor’s body shimmered with multicolored energy, ripples that rapidly quickened in intensity until the bug’s entire body blazed with red-gold light. Fast as lightning, its claws swept out, trailing flames of their own through the air. Iris’s whinny changed to a scream as her forelegs were swept out from under her. She attempted to let loose another fireburst, but her previous attack had drained a lot of her strength; it was all she could do to get her forelegs back under her on the slick metal flooring.

Scizor’s counterattack had been successful, but it seemed to know that simply countering blows wasn’t going to give it the win. Instead, it stepped backward, sparks of white light trailing from its feet. The light spread so that the edges of its armor glowed white; Scizor was accelerating in an Agility that brought it to near-blinding speed. With a powerful jump, it launched itself to the top of a pile of crates, landing with a heavy thud. It tensed, looking ready to attack again, claws snapping with anticipation.

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/55% HP. Used "Flame Cloak"+Stomp.
    Scizor/M/??? Ability/??? Nature/78% HP/Speed +2. Used Counter (Fire), Agility; seems to be cooking up something.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Some sort of metallic building. The crosswalks above form a dense roof.
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 7,664/45,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/55%

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,228 (0 Banked)

To Iris's approach, the Scizor didn't seem to even try to move away. He just tried to block the attack instead with his pincers. While it probably wouldn't help much against the flamethrower that was coming, it didn't matter in this case. It was all a mess while I looked at it, with the Scizor's armor shining bright after absorbing the impact and knocking Iris off-balance before she could release a fire stream, and backing away to safety onto a pile of crates.

Iris shook her head and groaned, while looking at me and pawing the ground forcefully. She seemed to have had enough of this bug and want to dispatch it. Well, that would be possible if the intention wasn't to keep it. Because the Park applied the rule of "It fainted? Too bad, you can't catch it.", it's not like we could just brutalize the Scizor and call that a day. Plus, that's something you do to Fairies. Not Steel-types, it feels wrong. "Sorry, we gotta take this one slowly, you know?" - I said to her. She stared at the Scizor and snorted.

While I was thinking, the Scizor stood on top of a crate. "So... this guy's body is all covered in a steel shell, isn't it?" - I asked, mostly to myself with a hand on my chin. "So what happens if he keeps fighting for too long?" - I added. It was then that I thought, rather than force, we were gonna beat this thing through exaustion. "Alright, let's turn up the heat a little bit. Sunny Day!" Iris gave a small leap backwards to increase the gap between her and her opponent, and lowered her head slightly. Her horn started glowing before shooting to the roof two spiraling rays, which orbited each other along the way and joined together to form a bright orb above the area.

I took off sunglasses from the belt pocket, which I ended up bringing into the Ultra Wormhole for some ultra random reason. So random in fact that I can't tell what made me bring them, since I had never used sunglasses before to begin with. "Beautiful..." - I muttered while looking up. Fortunately staring at it wasn't nearly as harmful as staring directly at the real Sun. It also incentivated Zephir to jump out of his ball, hop to a nearby crate, curl and start making photosynthesis. "Seriously? No asking nor anything..." - I said, after raising an eyebrow.

I focused back on the Scizor. "Okay, now... Solar Beam! Shoot down those crates! - I ordered, while pointing at the Scizor. "And be prepared for a Flame Charge if he gets close, I doubt he will just sit there." - I added. Her horn started glowing as she gathered the energy from the pseudo-Sun above, and soon after she discharged a beam of concentrated solar energy against the crates in an upwards movement.

(Word count: 487)
    (Character count: 2671)

HP: 55%
    Moves

Sunny Day
    Solar Beam
    Flame Charge (Standby)

75%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,237 (0 Banked)

BP 12 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    When Iris jumped back, horn glowing, Scizor prepared to dodge; he realized what Iris was doing all too late. Margo was enjoying the warmth of the pseudo-sun, but it was clear that Scizor wasn’t. His wings were flapping faster than ever, a frantic attempt to clear the heat out of his core and push it back into the open air.

To Margo’s surprise, Rick pulled a pair of sunglasses from his belt. It made sense that he’d have them, Margo thought - with a Fire-type and a Grass-type capable of making good use of sunlight, Rick basically had a third of a sunlight-based team with him. She kind of envied Rick's preparedness - the sunlike orb was incredibly bright, and where the metal of the room wasn’t matte and rusty, it shimmered with dazzling brightness.

Despite the blazing heat and brilliant light, Scizor wasn’t daunted. His pincers spun in a quick spiral; with a thrust of his arms, he sent a jet of wind flying at Iris. The Vacuum Wave wasn’t particularly strong, but Iris’s balance faltered against it - problematic, given that she was gathering bright green energy around her horn. Iris’s surprise and pain kicked the Solarbeam off early. It was far from weak, but it wasn’t at its full strength, rattling the crates rather than knocking them down.

Scizor got the hint from this, hopping off the crates and back onto the floor. Iris looked ready to Flame Charge like Rick had ordered, but Scizor made no effort to close the gap. He was already flapping his wings at nigh-impossible speeds; it only took a slight increase in effort to send a razor-sharp blade of blue light flying at Iris. The Air Slash attack was coming at her fast.

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/50% HP. Used Sunny Day, Solar Beam.
    Scizor/M/??? Ability/??? Nature/74% HP/Speed +2. Used Vacuum Wave; using Air Slash.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Some sort of metallic building. The crosswalks above form a dense roof. There is a Sunny Day orb between the catwalks and floor.
    Pokemon Encountered:
    Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Scizor/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 9,845/45,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/50%

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,228 (0 Banked)

In response to an imminent Solar Beam, the Scizor tried to disrupt the beams charging with a Vacuum Wave from his pincers. While this isn't exactly the strongest wind in the world, it is enough to take an opponent off balance. For Iris, that meant that while she still fired the beam, the blast of wind was enough to make her lose focus and discharge the Solar Beam early and mess up her aiming. And the crates? Well, those just stayed there, piled on each other the way they were, and yet the Scizor decided to give up on the higher ground once again.

Iris was already preparing for Flame Charge, with her head lowered and parts of her body setting ablaze, as the Scizor seemed to be preparing for an offensive at last. But she wasn't going anywhere, or at least not straight towards the Scizor. The Steel-type didn't seem much interested in risking going up close. He opted for the long range route instead, sending a blade of air from his wings and towards Iris. "Jump! And Flare Blitz on the descent!" - I ordered. With an impulse of her hind legs, she launched herself into the air. At the peak of her jump, near the solar orb, her body ignited with a cloak more intense than the one used for the typical Flame Charge, and she went crashing on the Scizor.

While she was heading down towards her opponent, I raised the glasses over my brow and widen my eyes, and as much as she makes that beautiful comet effect, it wasn't for me to see it better... it's just that I realized I had just asked her to do her strongest attack, further strenghtened by the heat from that orb and the momentum of the fall. Ironicaly enough, this was after saying we were gonna hold back against this one, as double weakness and capturing are two terms that usually don't get along very well. "Oh crap, I forgot! Don't hit him too hard! Or deviate a bit!" - I yelled. At least the height was also limited by the roof, so wouldn't be as bad as if it was a full jump like she's used to do outdoors.

(Word count: 373)
    (Character count: 1980)

HP: 50%
    Moves

Bounce + Flare Blitz

75%
    @VeloJello;
    Last edited by Rick; 05-29-18 at 03:20 PM.