User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra Wormhole RP: Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,290 (0 Banked)

NBP 7 - Ranger Margo Sterling.
    “Sure,” Margo said, reaching out to the green portal. Its emerald-colored surface rippled and shimmered beneath her hand, and for a moment, Margo could have sworn she felt a surge of warmth from the portal before the sensation of gravity losing its hold on her body set in.

With the return of gravity came heat. Margo had dealt with tropical climates before - she’d spent plenty of time in the rainforests of Fortree, and she’d been to Lavaridge several times - but this was stifling. Margo pulled her sweater off and began stuffing it in her bag right off the bat.

“Oof,” she muttered, “this is rough.” She looked around. The floor was mostly clear of plant life, save for a carpet of leaves and a smattering of rich green ferns, but the trees and their leaves were so big that they almost blocked out the sun. Margo squinted as she followed the tree trunks up into the sky. They had to be bigger than even Fortree’s native plants.

Reaching back into her bag, Margo pulled out a fresh water bottle. “Here,” she said, passing it to Rick, “even if you feel like you don’t need this, keep it. It’s easy to accidentally get dehydrated in humid environments like this.”

Before Margo could get a drink for herself, there was a chirrup from the trees. Margo looked up just in time to see a flurry of bright yellow-and-red feathers swooping down toward her. She ducked; there was a squawk of rage as talons flew right past her head.

In an instant, Spark was loose from her Pokeball. The Manectric growled a fierce challenge to the Archeops, who sat facing the Trainers in one of the trees’ lower branches. “Are you okay?” Margo asked.

The two Trainers weren’t given much time to figure things out. The leaves rustled, and there were more curious chirps. The first Archeops let loose a threatening shriek, as if warning the others away; they slunk back, but they didn’t seem happy about it.

This wasn’t good. The portal was nowhere in sight this time around. It would be relatively easy to make an escape, given that the forest floor was clear, but which way would they go? One wrong move could bring a flock of Archeops down on the both of them. The Meowstic situation had been worrying enough, but this…

Spark barked, and the Archeops shuffled back a bit. These new Pokemon were strange, potentially dangerous, and they’d be cautious around them unless given a reason not to. “Might not be a bad idea to challenge one of these guys to a fight,” Margo muttered. “Show ‘em who’s boss and all that. If not, we can hunt down our portal; I have my Metagross if need be, and between them and Spark I’m pretty sure we can cover our escape.”

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Name: Rick.Location: A thick jungle. The humidity is oppressive and the trees are full of angry birds.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Revival Herb (x1).
    Encounters Remaining: 3/5
    Pokemon Encountered: Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Pokemon Captured: ???
    Character Count: 1,467/35,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/93%Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/75%
    EMs: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Fake Tears, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn.

@Rick;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

We stepped into the portal, which took us to what appeared to be a rainforest, judging for he kind of vegetation and the warm and humid climate. Much different from the cold environment we were in the previous portal, even though we were lucky enough to be placed on a shelter. Can I risk to say that it also had some kind of pre-historic feeling to it? What we were about to meet further contributed to that feeling too. The ranger also handed a water bottle. "Even if you think you don’t need it, take it" - She said. I looked at the bottle, holding by the base with the fingers "Hum... I prefer lemonade and soda, but I guess I'll work with it..." - I muttered.

We had barely walked into this tropical forest, and we were already greeted by an Archeops. That is if we can call it a greeting. I don't think that fits the description of a pre-historic bird darting towards you talons first. Margo's Manectric jumped out of the ball to fend off against the offending pokémon. "All good! Suddenly this run became so more interesting..." - I said, crossing my arms and giving a few steps ahead, looking at the Archeops. It also felt like a stadium with so many birds chirping around. "We even got a crowd." - I added.

"I'll handle this!" - I told the ranger, before looking at Iris. "You wanted a fight two portals ago? There you have it. Have fun!" - I told her, while pointing at the bird (Can it be considered a bird? They're so primitive, they can't fly very well. But then again, Dodrios exist...). Iris leaped forward and started pawing the ground, while pointing the horn at the Archeops. "Those things have a hard time taking off the ground, bring him down." Her body started glowing, forming two rings crossed in an X pattern, which then turned into multiple energy orbs, floating and orbiting around her for a few seconds before shooting towards the Archeops sat on the tree.

(Word count: 345)
    (Character count: 1885)

HP: 93%
    Moves

Hidden Power

75%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,290 (0 Banked)

BP 7 - Ranger Margo Sterling.
    The longer this run ran, the more Margo felt she was never going to understand Rick. A flock of angry, probably hungry, Archeops hovered around them, and Rick’s response was to find it interesting? Rick and Iris seemed in-control for the moment, but Margo’s hand hovered near Roswell’s Pokeball, and Spark’s tense stance never wavered.

Iris trotted toward the most aggressive of the Archeops, though she didn’t get too close - a wise choice for a Fire-type faced with strong physical prowess. Instead, she pointed her horn directly at Archeops, who let out a warning glow as the Rapidash’s body began glowing bright blue. Rings of energy formed around her, which quickly scattered into bright orbs of light. With a flick of her horn, she sent the Hidden Power attack flying directly at Archeops.

A harsh shriek grated from Archeops’s throat as the attack struck true and it plummeted to the ground. The other Archeops began cawing and flaring their wings, scraping at the branches. The whole jungle seemed to be crawling with them.

Fortunately, they left it up to the lead Archeops to avenge itself. Once more, the great bird took to the skies, but rather than swooping down, it began to gather power. Flecks of red-gold light formed around Archeops’s claws; as quickly as they were created, they coalesced into large, jagged stones. With a powerful kick of its brutal red talons, Archeops threw the stones right at Iris. Both Margo and Spark danced to the side; Rock Slide shrapnel was nothing that any sensible being wanted to get caught up in.

Fast though they were at a run, Rapidash weren’t particularly agile. Iris was unable to dodge, and endured the Rock Slide attack with a whinny of pain and distress. Even when the stones settled, Iris looked agitated, her flames blazing too brightly, eyes wide, limbs trembling. Margo winced. Getting hit by such a sudden, harsh attack could often make Pokemon freeze up; even for Trainers who were used to this, it wasn’t fun to see. Iris and Rick seemed to have a close bond, which was the saving grace, here. Hopefully Rick would be able to snap Iris out of this before she fell victim to another attack from the Archeops.

Encounter Stats

Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/77% HP. Used Hidden Power; flinching.
    Archeops/???/??? Ability/??? Nature/82% HP. Used Rock Slide.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Name: Rick.Location: A thick jungle. The humidity is oppressive and the trees are full of angry birds.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Revival Herb (x1).
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Character Count: 3,348/35,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/77%Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

EMs: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Fake Tears, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

The other Archeops surrounding us at the treetops suddenly became crazy after seeing, what would presumably be their leader, getting struck by those orbs. "Hey hey, calm down, please! We haven't even started yet, good grief..." - I yelled, before facepalming. Well, unfortunately, the lead Archeops also didn't stay on the ground for nearly as long as I was expecting, and got back in the air soon after getting back on its feet. "Wait, he took off already?" - I commented quite surprised.

The Archeops later formed multiple rocks around it and kicked them at Iris. They were too many and too close for her to dodge, so she just endured the attack as best as she could, which wasn't very well. She let out a high whinny as she got struck by those boulders, and even after all the rocks had settled, she still looked in shock from the pain. She collapsed on her legs, her body trembling and eyes wide open. "God damnit. Iris!" - I called before I ran towards her, with Zephir following behind. "Are you alright?" - I asked while holding on her neck. Zephir put his front paws on her hind leg, supposedly for a healing. "No, wait! She has to do it by her own, or it's considered two on one." - He seemed a bit hesitant at first, but he relutantly complied at the end.

"Stay calm and breath." - I told her, before looking at the Archeops watching in the air. "So they were right when they said Pokémon from Ultra Space are stronger than the average." - I muttered, before turning to Iris again. She briefly closed her eyes and snorted, before shaking her head. "You can still continue?" - I asked her, and she nodded me back. "Alright." - I patted on her neck before steping away a few feet, and Zephir leaping back to my side. "Let's try something different. Raise up the shields!". Iris's horn start glowing, forming five floating panels set in an X formation between her and the Archeops. "Alright, now Will-O-Wisp!". Her mane sparkled in a bluish tone for brief moment, spurting small embers of the same color that headed towards the Archeops.

(Word count: 369)
    (Character count: 2046)

HP: 77%
    Moves

Reflect → Will-O-Wisp

75%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,290 (0 Banked)

BP 8 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    Iris’s fear made her mane flare uncomfortably under Rick’s hand, but his steady voice quickly calmed her down. For the first time, Archeops paid attention to Zephir, looking curious about the smaller ‘mon, but before it could do anything about the Leafeon, Rick and Zephir stepped away from Iris.

Archeops looked ready to wheel away from Iris’s next attack, but it stopped short when a honeycomb of barriers flickered to life around her. It clued in when Iris’s flames flashed blue, but not in time; the Will-o-Wisp attack caught it clear across the wing, filling the clearing with the smell of burning feathers. Archeops fell to the ground with a loud thud.

This time, the bird did not attempt to rise. It hissed menacingly at Iris, its legs carrying it forward slowly but surely as blue light built up around it. However, it bounced off the lower panel right away, causing it to stumble backward in confusion. Iris snorted triumphantly as she watched her opponent stumbling about in confusion.

Archeops took a step backward. Rows of razor teeth showed as it held its mouth parted. For a moment, Margo thought this was another threat display, but bright red-and-gold light began to glow in its throat. With a loud crackle, a furious Dragonbreath surged from its jaws; Iris was nowhere near as badly affected by the dragonfire as she had been by the Rock Slide, but she still looked uncomfortable, and a singe mark remained on her side. She glanced at Rick and pawed the ground, as if eager to finish Archeops now that it was weakened.

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/70% HP. Used Reflect, Will-o-Wisp. Reflect; the panels are fading just a bit. The lower panel is weakened.
    Archeops/???/??? Ability/??? Nature/75% HP. Used Acrobatics (failed), Acrobatics.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Character Count: 5,390/35,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/70%Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

The Archeops got a bit jumbled when it came to avoiding the Will-O-Wisp as the reflect panels started materializing. By the time he noticed the blue flames coming, those were already on his wings, crippling the bird pokémon and making him colapse to the ground. He got back on his feet, but this time he didn't take flight. He started hissing at Iris as a threatening, and slowly started approaching her before bumping on one of the barriers. "Seriously? You didn't see there was a wall there?" - I commented with arms crossed. "And I'm starting to get tired of those threats and snake-like noises." - I added.

The Archeops could very well just go around the barrier and do whatever he was thinking about doing just a few seconds ago, but I guess the burn wouldn't let him move as quickly as it was desirable. So instead he steped back a little before breathing an odd-looking flame at Iris. Now, being a Fire-type and especialy one with naked flames, she should barely feel it. But this wasn't the ordinary flame we're used to see coming from Fire-types and the like, it was dragon breath. It also wasn't as strong as the standard Flamethrower, but it still left a mark.

At this point Iris had already had enough. Her opponent was there in perfect position for her to finish the job, and she started pawing the ground and peeking at me, waiting for a command. "You won't get any better chance than this one, so make it count!" - I told her. She let out a whinny before I pointed at the Archeops. "Now, get on him! Pin him down, and finish this with Inferno!" - I ordered. Iris bolted towards the Archeops, with her mane blazing as she progressively cloaked in flames during her approach, skirting the lower reflect panel and launching herself at the prehistoric bird to engulf both her and her opponent in intense flames.

(Word count: 328)
    (Character count: 1824)

HP: 70%
    Moves

High Horsepower → Inferno

75%
    @VeloJello;
    Last edited by Rick; 04-18-18 at 01:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,290 (0 Banked)

BP 9 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    Iris let out a loud, eager whinny as Rick gave the final order. Margo couldn’t help but wince as Iris’s flames sparked up again. The flames were red-and-gold this time, not blue, but even that amount of heat in a confined forest clearing sounded like a bad idea.

Archeops saw its opponent coming out from behind her barrier, but it was too slow to escape. With a mighty stomp, Iris brought her front hoof down on Archeops’s shoulders, eliciting a squawk of fright and pain from the Pokemon. It tried to whirl around and dislodge Iris, but all it managed to do was put a few scratches on the mare’s foreleg.

A blinding flash engulfed both Pokemon. The flames hadn’t scathed Iris in the least, and they haven’t traveled far, but Archeops lay on the ground in a smoking crater with its feathers nearly burnt off its body. For a moment, it struggled to rise, but then it went limp. When Iris removed her hoof from it, it limped away, glaring at Iris but with its head and tail low to show that it had surrendered.

“Okay, I think you proved your point.” said Margo. Seeing the Archeops get banged up so badly was a bit gut-twisting, but she knew that aggressive Pokemon in alternate dimensions weren’t the sort you pulled your punches on. She took the opportunity to recall Spark and send out her Metagross. “You showed them you’re strong, but I’m not sure if they’ll put up with us for much longer. Roswell here should be able to help us find the portal out of here.”

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/66% HP. Used High Horsepower, Inferno. Reflect has faded.
    Archeops/???/??? Ability/??? Nature/46% HP. Flailed about. Burn.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Character Count: 7,210/35,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/70%Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

I covered my face with and arm when both pokémon were engulfed by the flames. Zephir took cover behind my leg. The heat coming from them wasn't any pleasant. I just hoped the moisture on this environment would prevent it to set the forest on fire. We've had enough problems related to that the last time we had came to the Park, and it would be appreciated if we hadn't to go through the same scenario ever again... although judging by my luck with this kind of things, another day like that would probably happen in the future.

When the fire petered down, it revealed the burnt Archeops laying on the scorched soil under Iris's hoof. It limped away from her after she took her hoof off him. Iris kept staring at the Archeops for a while, but she stoped adopting a fighting stance and stood an upright posture, when the bird droped his head and tail. Despite being from diferent species, this posture the Archeops was adopting was similar to hers when it came to show submission. "Alright, that's enough! Comeback." - I called. She turned away from the now submited Archeops and walked back towards us, though she still kept an eye out on him as she walked away. "You did great, there. Well done!" - I praised while peting her neck and forehead, to which she gave a lick and a gentle nudge in return.

Meanwhile, Margo had switch pokémon to a Metagross. "Roswell here should be able to help us find the portal out of here." - She stated. We gave a wide look at the treetops where dozens of other Archeops were still cawing after us beating one of them. Well, truth is, if all these decided to rush us now for revenge, we would have an issue with numbers. "Umm... yeah, better find that portal before all these decide to move from chirps to actions." - I said to Margo, before making a quick rundown on Iris's state. "She should still be able to gallop just fine, if need be. These wounds aren't too bad." - I added, before looking at Zephir, who hopped on Iris's back and letting a meow. "In any case, this guy's Heal Bell can make some work, too."

(Word count: 379)
    (Character count: 2049)

HP: 66%
    Moves

«None»

75%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,290 (0 Banked)

NBP 8 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    ((OOC: Heal Bell wasn’t officially declared and Zephir isn’t liable to use it on his own initiative, so I didn’t write it; feel free to note whether it was used and I’ll update Iris’s HP in the next post.))

Margo nodded. “Heal Bell wouldn’t be a bad idea right now,” she said. “Heck, it might get these guys,” she pointed at the treetops, “to calm down a smidge. I’d suggest putting Zephir away after that. Iris was the one that earned their respect, after all, and such a small Pokemon might look like prey.” She waited for a moment for Rick to get ready and for Roswell to home in on their target; after a few moments, their red eyes opened and they let out a dissatisfied hum.

“Ho, hum,” Margo hmmed. “Seems like the wormhole is pretty far from here.” She glanced back at the wounded Archeops; it was wearily scrambling up a branch, no doubt to roost and recover from a few of its wounds. It glared back balefully at the group. “All the more reason to get going, I suppose.”

Roswell’s movements were fairly irregular, and they tended to veer suddenly and sharply; Margo could tell that they were having a hard time homing in on the Ultra Wormhole. She didn’t blame them. After all, it wasn’t like she took her Pokemon on a tour of different dimensions on any kind of regular basis. At least Roswell was good at clearing a path. Their massive claws easily stomped down the undergrowth and mud, carving an easy - if slightly erratic - route for the Trainers to follow.

“You handled that flock well,” Margo said to Rick. “Predatory Pokemon like that respect shows of hard strength. Unless we run into a new group, or that one Iris beat decides it wants a rematch, I doubt we’ll have any trouble. Besides finding our way back, that is,” she added as Roswell scrambled halfway up a tree before they realized they were going the wrong way and dropped back to earth with a thump.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Name: Rick.
    Location: A thick jungle. The humidity is oppressive and the trees are full of angry birds.
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Archeops/???/??? Nature
    Character Count: 9,235/35,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

Margo concured a Heal Bell could help with the exalted pokémon at the treetops. I was hoping these guys would settle down after a while, because everyone tires at a certain point. So I didn't ask for it right away. I leaned on Iris with an arm hanging over her withers, while Margo's Metagross did its search for the portal. The wait didn't bother me... but the constant chirping of dozens of birds complaining a few meters above was starting to get super annoying.

I looked at the treetops and sighed before turning to Zephir. "Can you please shut their beaks? Play one of those sweet melodies of yours and... see if they become a tad bit calmer?" - I told him. It would probably relieve the headache I was starting to have with these irritating noises as a bonus. "Another thing. After you're done..." - I paused to take his ball out of the belt. "...get inside. I don't like the idea of having a Grass-type amongst so many Flying-types." - I added. He complied, and the bulb on his chest glowed and grew closer to his mouth, which he started blowing. Green waves started coming off from him and spread across the area, accompanied by a soothing chime.

"Very well. Now, if you may..." - I approched his ball to him, he touched it, and the device opened slightly after shooting a short beam to store him inside. By then, Margo's Metagross seemed to have found the portal's location, and we started following the Psychic-type, even though its erratic movements made me feel uncertain about how accurately it had pinpointed the portal. The ranger had already stated the portal looked to be a bit far from the place we were at, but at least it didn't seem like we would need to actually rush to the exit - these Archeops didn't seem to have much of an interest to actually chase us so far.

Eventually the Metagross stoped midway, and I putted a hand on my chin. "What? GPS interference?" - I asked. "Well, a part of me said that I should have brought Pearl for air reconnaissance, but that two pokémon limit..." - I added. "Not regreting my choice regardless." - I said while pating Zephir's ball. I looked around with arms crossed, before turning to Margo. "So... what're we doing now?"

(Word count: 395)
    (Character count: 2188)

HP: 66%
    Moves

Heal Bell
    (From Leafeon)

75%
    @VeloJello;
    Last edited by Rick; 04-29-18 at 07:29 PM.