User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra Wormhole RP: Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,170 (0 Banked)

"B"P 3 - Ranger Margo Sterling.
    Meditite looked on with rapt attention as Rick spoke. As he mentioned being able to put his leg behind his neck - or at least, that was what Margo thought he was talking about; her exercise routine consisted of hiking, hiking, and more hiking rather than any sort of flexibility or strength - the little fighter all but gaped. His eyes flashed blue for a brief moment; behind Margo and Rick, there was a flash of the same light followed by the sound of something slamming. Sure enough, when Margo turned back, the door had been closed, cutting them off temporarily from Ultra Space. Meditite then turned toward Rick, ignoring Iris altogether. “Medi!” he cried, “Medi-meditite!”

“Something tells me,” Margo said, grinning at the way Meditite curled his hands into fists, his face overtly eager, “that he wants to see your moves.”

At the suggestion, Meditite nodded. He then retreated to the center of the room and sat down, stretching one blue leg out, then back, then right behind his head. Still maintaining this mind-boggling posture, he gave Rick a thumbs-up, then patted the dojo floor right next to himself.

Margo couldn’t notice that Iris looked a little bit disappointed and had to resist the urge to pat the poor Rapidash. The wild Pokemon they’d encountered so far were either disinterested in battles, or outright rude. But hey, maybe this could be a nice little break from the weirdness of Ultra Space. The dojo was comfortable enough, and for the moment, Meditite seemed more interested in learning and teaching than he was in fighting.

“Given what you said, this might be redundant, but I’d recommend indulging this guy,” Margo said. “We did just barge into his dojo, and I think you’d be the better training partner between the two of us or our Pokemon.” She chuckled, pretty sure that her pudge would get that particular point across. “Do your best! Just don’t be surprised if a human can’t keep up for very long. Meditite are really, really serious about their training.”

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy - 93% HP.
    Meditite/M/???/??? Nature - 100% HP. Used Psychic on the door.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Name: Rick.
    Location: Some sort of log-cabin dojo. Blizzard-level conditions are visible outside. The door to the Ultra Wormhole portal has been shut.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Revival Herb (x1).
    Encounters Remaining: 3/5
    Pokemon Encountered: Meowstic/Male/??? Nature
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Pokemon Captured: ???
    Character Count:
    3,761/15,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/93%
    Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/100%
    EMs: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Fake Tears, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn.

@Rick;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

Apparently, the Meditite took a quite a bit of interest on me when I was talking to Iris about a past time hobby. He closed the gate behind us, and after demonstrating exactly what I was talking about putting a leg behind the head, he invited me to the center of the dojo and do some stuff. Who knew that just a random little talk would lead to this?

"Oh, I love it, love it!" - I muttered rubing my hands before turning to Iris. "Do me a favor and hold on to my stuff, yes?" - I told her, while taking out the Z-Ring and belt pocket and hanging them on her horn, and fitting the gloves on her ears. And no, she wasn't very amused. But I also wasn't expecting pokémon from here to have such a low urge for battles, and if that wasn't the case for this Meditite and it actually wanted a little squirmish, it wouldn't be the opponent for her. She sat down and sighed while twitching her covered ears, as I turned to the Meditite.

"Alright, let's just skip the basic ones, yes? Those are for newbs." - I said, while heading to the center and sitting beside the Meditite. "By the way, can you put two legs behind the head? 'Cause it helps for this one." - I asked before squating. "Ok, now... we put the upper arms and shoulders underneath the back of the thighs, and hands on the floor." - I paused for a bit. "And this is the fun part, where we lift off the floor. Just shift the center of gravity and move your weight onto your hands. I know you can levitate, so don't cheat."

I wasn't paying much attention to the audience, because I know from experience what distraction does when we're doing this kind of poses... but Iris was already sleeping on her feet. But then again, I never said this would be interesting for everyone, or even anyone at all besides me. Heck, even the ranger said this would be redundant. "Alright, for the ending just stretch out the legs to the sides." I paused a bit to look at the Meditite. "That's it, as straight as you can, and keep that butt high so you're parallel to the ground, aaand just lift your head forward. Now... this doesn't make part of it, but if you wanna take it to the next level, just fold your legs behind you head, just because we can." - I added. "And we're done with this one." - I said, while breaking the pose and sitting down. "I can do another if you want, unless... I don't think we're in a hurry here, are we?" - I asked, mostly as a rhetoric. Iris just snorted in response, with one eye open.

(Word count: 473)
    (Character count: 2456)

HP:
    Moves

Firefly Pose

93%

100%
    @VeloJello;
    Last edited by Rick; 03-02-18 at 11:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,170 (0 Banked)

BP 4 - Ranger Margo Sterling.
    “Do me a favor and hold on to my stuff, yes?”

“Uh, sure, I -” Margo held out a hand to take the Z-Ring that Rick was removing from his arm, only to stop short as he put the thing on Iris’s horn, topping it off with a pair of gloves to adorn the poor horse’s ears. “... guess,” Margo muttered as Rick hurried into his yoga session. This time, Margo couldn’t resist. She gave the Rapidash a gentle pat on the back in an attempt to be reassuring - and making sure to avoid the equine’s fiery mane. Rapidash were supposed to be perfectly safe to be around unless you ticked them off, but sticking your hand directly into open flame just wasn’t the sort of instinct that Margo found easy to overcome.

Meanwhile, Meditite eagerly followed along with Rick’s lesson. No doubt he was only familiar with the techniques that it could learn from other Pokemon; while he was skilled, Rick clearly had some new forms to offer. When Rick said not to cheat, Meditite grinned. His arms were a bit weaker than his legs, but he managed to follow through - with no glow of telekinesis to hold him up, he pushed himself up off the floor, then stretched his legs out to imitate Rick.

Meditite sat down as Rick did, looking satisfied - however, there was so much more to training than just poses! Yoga was critical for strengthening the mind and the body, but what about the fiery soul? Newly invigorated, he began to run through a flurry of new stances - not yoga, anymore, but rather martial arts. Rick had taught him a new move; it was only fair that Meditite return the favor.

The Wing-Chun palm strike was a powerful, but simple move; with no one to demonstrate it on, it seemed to fall flat. Meditite sighed disappointedly and gestured to Rick, then pointed from Iris to his Pokeballs.

“Uh-oh,” Margo said with a yawn. She had not been dozing off during the yoga lesson in the slightest, nope, not at all. “I think you got him all fired up.” Meditite nodded, gestured toward the mat, then made a fist and pounded it against his other palm.

Encounter Stats
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy - 93% HP.
    Meditite/M/???/??? Nature - 100% HP. Used Force Palm.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Some sort of log-cabin dojo. Blizzard-level conditions are visible outside. The door to the Ultra Wormhole portal has been shut.
    Items: Park Ball (x2), Super Ball (x2), Hyper Ball (x2), Energy Powder (x3), Revival Herb (x1).
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 5,744/15,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/100%
    EMs: Attract, Bullet Seed, Captivate, Celebrate, Confide, Fake Tears, Grass Knot, Growth, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Mimic, Natural Gift, Protect, Reflect, Rest, Roar, Secret Power, Strength, Substitute, Tickle, Wish, Worry Seed, X-Scissor, Yawn.

@Rick;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

So, yoga is good and all, but I guess for fighting-types it's just half of the training. The Meditite wanted more, but it wasn't the kind of training I would fit on. Those poses happen to serve both of us, but a human fighting a pokémon is usually ill advised, even if the pokémon holds back a bit... in which case it can't even show it's best potential. And yes, there are some people who do put their bodies on the line for the sake of their pokémon's training. I'm not one of those, unless I'm sure it won't hurt too much. And I know for a fact that fighting attacks are super-effective against Rick-types.

"Well, I'm not exactly the best target for attacks. For that I have someone better and more fitting than me". I went grabbing the pokeballs, and since I wasn't gonna do anything else myself, also took the rest of my stuff. "Thank you so much!" - I said to Iris, giving her a little pat on her head before turning to the Meditite. "Alright. Here's your new train partner." I stretched my arm holding Zephir's ball before he went out from it and materialized.

"Now I gotta say, this little one is small and has pretty much the body of a leaf." - I said while approaching Zephir and crouching beside him. "But this leaf takes hits pretty well." - I added. He responded with a meow, and adopted a fighting stance, with his legs sprayed and tail perked up. A few moments later, small leaves started swirling from Zephir and taking on his shape as they gathered in front of him in form of a decoy. "And that is when it does get hit."

(Word count: 290)
    (Character count: 1539)

HP: 75%
    Moves

Substitute

93%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,170 (0 Banked)

BP 5 - Ranger Margo Sterling.
    Meditite couldn’t hide his disappointment as Rick walked away; most Meditite didn’t like an unfair fight against a weaker opponent, but how was the human supposed to learn if he didn’t take the direct approach? However, Meditite seemed intrigued by Zephir when the Leafeon appeared. Margo supposed she couldn’t blame him; she doubted that many Grass-types like Zephir lived this high up, even when there were apparently cozy firelit dojos to keep them warm.

For a moment, Margo really wasn’t sure what was going on. Rick gave no orders, instead addressing Meditite and crouching next to Zephir. The latter was gathering a rush of leaves, but they were too small and slow-moving for an attack. “Oh,” murmured Margo when she saw the leaves beginning to form the faint outline of a Leafeon, which began to fill in more and more as Zephir directed them. It was a nice touch, far more interesting than the doll-like Substitutes Margo usually saw. The floral Leafeon didn’t look precisely lifelike, but it was a functional enough copy of its creator, one that moved on its own with a fierce energy to match Zephir’s despite looking like a strong wind could blow it away.

Meditite considered this for a moment, then nodded. With a formal bow to his opponent - which seemed a little unfair to Zephir; bows weren’t exactly in the wheelhouse of the average quadruped - he lunged, going for the same palm strike as before. The power of it was much more obvious, now. Zephir’s Substitute skidded across the floor under the weight of the blow, dead leaves trailing in its wake.

Unfortunately for Meditite, the decoy still seemed pretty lively. Meditite seemed to consider this for a moment. Maybe a straight-up offense wouldn’t work on this opponent. With a huff, Meditite hopped into the air, propelling himself upward with a glow of cyan light and floating backward on psychic power. His eyes closed, and his legs and arms crossed. Meditating, Margo realized. While the middle of battle seemed like a bad time to try to reach enlightenment, it was something that helped a lot of Psychic-types enhance their physical power, which was often somewhat lackluster. However, it left Meditite a bit open. Margo watched Rick curiously, waiting to see if he and Zephir would be quick enough to take advantage of this opportunity.

Encounter Stats
    Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/75% HP. Substitute 15%.
    Meditite/M/???/??? Nature - 100% HP. Used Force Palm, using Meditate.

Trainer Stats
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 3,590/15,000

Pokemon Stats

Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/75%
    @Rick;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

Zephir leaped back as the substitute got hit by a shock wave and it slided from the impact, scatering the leafage along the way. "Good!" - I commended. Interesting enough, usually this thing breaks on the first hit. Well, it didn't look to be in much good state anyways. After seeing the decoy was still there, the Meditite went for a different approach, going into Lotus while floating in the air. "Aah... see, that I would be interested to learn." - I muttered, while staring at the Meditite. "Not the pose, that one I know... but the levitation though, would be so usefull... and cool..." - I added.

"Now look, he doesn't have psychic techniques per si. But he's got one similar to telekinesis." Zephir's tail perked up as he got surrounded by a green aura. The leaves that had been left from the damaged substitute soon began glowing in multiple colors as they left off the ground. "This is Magical Leaves. Controled at will, now show me your dodging skills. " - I said, before the leaves started heading towards the Meditite.

(Word count: 183)
    (Character count: 1032)

Moves

Magical Leaf

93%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,170 (0 Banked)

BP 6 - Ranger Margo Sterling.
    The way Rick was teaching this Meditite brought a small smile to Margo’s face. Many Trainers were just concerned with getting into the Park, getting a Pokemon they wanted, and getting out; she appreciated that Rick was willing to take the time to share his expertise with Pokemon that weren’t his. Even if he was actually planning on catching the Meditite, it was always interesting to watch different styles of training in action.

Clearly, Rick favored the hands-on approach. A veritable rainbow of leaves rose up around Zephir before flying toward Meditite. For a moment, it looked like the little fighter was going to get smacked around, but at the last second, Meditite twirled to the side, still maintaining his meditative posture. A slight smile graced his face; he lowered back down to the ground, back into a fighting stance -

“Tite!” Unfortunately, the move Magical Leaves wasn’t so easy to dodge. While Meditite had managed to avoid the worst of the attack, a few of the leaves circled back, homing in on him and leaving him with several scrapes. He didn’t seem too put-off by the attack, however; he seemed more rejuvenated than anything.

Quick as could be, Meditite lunged forward again. However, he had already aptly demonstrated his palm strike; now, he went for a furious, glowing-white knife-hand strike. Zephir’s Substitute held up against the blow for a moment, with Meditite pushing down on something solid; then, beneath the attack, the decoy crumbled, the leaves that composed its body drifting apart for a few seconds before falling to the floor. Meditite pulled back, seeming satisfied. He still maintained his fighting stance, but he didn’t seem aggressive. He looked back and forth between Zephir and Rick, curious to see if there would be another lesson.

Encounter Stats
    Zephir/Leafeon/M/Leaf Guard/Mild/75% HP.
    Meditite/M/???/??? Nature - 93% HP. ATK+1. Finished Meditate, used Brick Break.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 3,590/15,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:

@Rick;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

The Meditite had quite some good reflexes. He had his eyes shut, and still managed to react on time to the colorfull projectiles coming his way. What he wasn't expecting though was that this kind of projectiles were guided. Once he got back to the ground, the leaves turned back and headed straight to their target.

The Meditite didn't seem much hurt, more like surprised if anything. Magical Leaf wasn't very strong anyways. After shrugging it off, he lunged towards the substitute for a Brick Break, shattering the decoy into a pile of leaves before leaping back to his initial position. I gave him a smile before walking a few steps forward. "Alright, this is it. I think that's enough from us." - I said. "We got other places to go, and we better have energy to spare for those pokémon that aren't as interested in this kind of training, if you know what I mean." - I added. Then again, so far these guys have been surprisingly passive for some reason. "Of course, we'll also need you to open our way out." - I asked the Meditite, while pointing my thumb at the door behind us.

(Word count: 197)
    (Character count: 1082)

Moves

«None»

93%
    @VeloJello;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,170 (0 Banked)

NBP 6 - Ranger Margo Sterling.
    A look of disappointment shadowed Meditite’s face briefly, but he nodded and bowed respectfully, first to Rick and then to Zephir. Then, with a flick of his hand and a flash of blue light, he slid the door back open, revealing the rippling white portal once again. Margo waited for Rick to finish his preparations before placing a hand against the portal. It seemed warmer than before -

- and definitely more agitated. A bright floor of rainbow colors rotated around Margo’s and Rick’s feet; around them, the darkness of Ultra Space no longer looked quite so dark. The swirling colors glowed far more brightly now, throwing light into clouded nebulae. Specks of white jetted back and forth like luminous pinballs, whizzing around Margo and Rick - though thankfully, none of them seemed to hit. Margo wasn’t sure what would happen if she touched one, and and she wasn’t overly eager to find out.

“Hm,” Margo said, “I think it’s definitely responding to us - Ultra Space, I mean.” She looked at the portals, which were following the floor’s colors like some bizarre roulette wheel. The pink and white portals were diminished in strength compared to the others, but all of them seemed to glow more brightly than ever.

Experimentally, Margo took a step. It seemed that the floor wasn’t actually rotating; only its colors were. “Shouldn’t be too hard to get to the portals,” she said as she watched them go by, “they’re moving, but not too fast. Got anything specific in mind?”

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Meditite/Male/??? Nature
    Character Count: 0/???

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Iris/Rapidash/F/Flame Body/Hardy/93%Moves: Ally Switch, Attract, Baton Pass, Bide, Body Slam, Captivate, Charm, Confide, Curse, Double Kick, Double-Edge, Double Team, Drill Run, Echoed Voice, Endure, Façade, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Heat Wave, Hidden Power Electric, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Incinerate, Iron Tail, Low Kick, Mimic, Morning Sun, Natural Gift, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Return, Round, Secret Power, Skull Bash, Sleep Talk, Smart Strike, Snore, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Sunny Day, Swagger, Swift, Thrash, Throat Chop, Toxic, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp.

Remaining Portals

Spoiler:
    Light Blue: Great Lakes
    Dark Blue: Sandy Beach
    Dark Green: The Woods
    Red: Mt. Deckbi
    Light Green: Botanical Gardens
    Yellow: Abandoned Power Plant
    White: Mt. Oktori
    Pink: Meteor Valley
    Purple: Ruined Manor

@Rick;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,501 (0 Banked)

The Meditite was a bit disapointed that the fun was over, but he seemed to comply and let us move on. Ultra Space had a dramatic change in scenery from the last time. There was a visible floor now, which was something that was lacking before. Although the new spiraling rainbow effect it had kinda made me wish there was no visible floor at all. At this rate I would probably get dizzy.

"Huh, everything is still in." I muttered as I looked at the portals. I thought these things would just go away once we steped out of them and make these picks easier, but I guess not. "Well then... let's take a look at..." - I paused for a second while trying to make a decision. "You know what, you guys pick!" - I said while turning to Zephir and Iris behind. They both leaned their heads. "What? Do you think I'm getting any luck with these picks? One for each of you."

The two pokémon looked at each other, before Iris nodded for Zephir to go ahead. He actually didn't took long: he went straight for the light green one, then turned back at us. I frowned. "Err... Don't you think it's clear that light colors don't want anything to do with us?" - I told him. He turned to look at the green portal again, then made a few steps away from it and stoping in front of the other portal that was right beside it... which so happened to be also green, but with a darker tone. "Err okay, that will work..." - I muttered. "So... yeah, that green one looks good." - I said to the ranger.

(Word count: 283)
    (Character count: 1471)

HP: 93%|75%
    Moves

«None»

@VeloJello;