User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kelseng: Beginner Quest (VelloJello)

  1. #1
    Ocean Dweller URPG Staff Surfer Liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Belly of a Wailord
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,232 (0 Banked)

    Default Kelseng: Beginner Quest (VelloJello)

    @VeloJello;

    Endearing, foreboding, enrapturing, and titanic were the mountains that held up the world's sky. The Aurora mountains peaked higher than anywhere else in the world; they were quite literally breathtaking. The hardiest of man and monster reigned here, and yet they prospered in the vale. Glaciers covering valleys, valleys that seemed to fall forever, roped bridges made uncertain by age, temples cladded with gold and prayer cloths were all common sight in this kua.

    The tallest of mountains centered the land, neighbored by the largest of valleys. Rivers and streams from melted glaciers and mountain capped snow flow through the green valley and carry rich, cold water into one of the many fjords near the coast.

    Mountains march out the sea and into the land as the coastal region hosts the more favorable weather than anywhere else. Yet these areas are not as occupied as the temples and spotted villages that cling onto the sides of the mountains; the culture is simply stronger than the easiness of living. People respect the risk and sacrifice of the lives they lead, they enjoy the separation and quiet calls of the mountains, and they understand the safety in the pulled away view of the world.

    But one girl decided to venture; she had other ideas than her sage mother and medical father had in mind. And with her newfound friend in Imogen the Togepi, Kelsing Norbu set forth on her own path, to make her own mistakes, to learn from them and others, to train and prosper, to take what life had to offer. Whispers on the wind called her name, an omen of good adventure and wonder, but a ringing came with it.

    Something like little brass bells echoed over the land toward Kesling, it could be an abandoned temple being called to her by those whispers in the wind, or a festival nearby, perhaps fate was simple showing her the way, but in either case, it was up to Kesling where her feet would take her.


    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Encounters: 0/5
    Random Drop Roll: 21 (so close, rip)


    Imogen the Togepi | Level 5 | HP 23/23
    (Discipline)

    Inventory: 3 Quick Balls
    Berries: 15 Sitrus, 15 Lum, 5 Kebia, 5 Babiri, 5 Petaya
    Last edited by Surfer Liam; 12-31-17 at 06:40 AM.

    --><--
    ^^^Click the Pyukumuku for my URPG Stats^^^


    Mako | Morru 07/27/2017
    Marlon is literally @ Liam









  2. Likes VeloJello liked this post
  3. #2
    VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,058 (0 Banked)

    Default

    Deep breaths.

    Breathing is important to anyone who aspires to mountain peaks; like everything else in the Aurora Kua, it must be deliberate and measured and balanced. As Kelseng takes in air, each inhalation laced with the scent of pine trees and cold, she turns back - and excitement threatens to disrupt the rhythm of her diaphragm. Jianli City is merely a vision in the far distance, irrelevant and almost unreal. She’s never been this far from home before. The possibilities seem even vaster than the mountains.

    Of course, Kelseng doesn’t have to make this journey alone. Imogen is beside her, a gentle and reassuring presence despite the little Togepi’s apparent fragility. As Kelseng looks down, Imogen looks up, and smiles. “Togi!” She cries, then nudges her trainer’s leg with one stubby white paw. As much as she can with a seemingly nonexistent neck, the Togepi tilts her head, waiting for Kelseng to choose their course.

    “Just a moment, Imogen.” She smiles warmly back at her Pokemon, taking in one last deep breath, letting the fresh breeze fill her with life before exhaling in a contented sigh. “Okay,” Kelseng says, somehow feeling more grounded and more invigorated at the same time. “I think we should -”

    A noise, subtle but present, catches Kelseng’s attention, and she stops. Something musical resounds from far away, the sounds of the wind and distant bells mingling together into a melody that almost seems to call to her. Bells aren’t a rare sound in the Aurora Kua; they’re quite popular instruments, and Kelseng’s heard their chime in lots of performances and festivals within Jianli. She’s not sure where the sound is coming from now, though. Perhaps there’s someone playing in one of the nearby villages? She doesn’t want to cover too much settled territory, but the music is interesting, and it wouldn’t hurt to just look around for its source. “You hear that?” When Imogen nods, Kelseng grins at the little Togepi fiercely and tightens her robe a bit against the cool air. “Let’s go and check it out!” The two head off at a quick clip, curiosity lightening their steps.

    @~Surfer Liam
    Last edited by VeloJello; 12-31-17 at 01:54 PM.

  4. #3
    Ocean Dweller URPG Staff Surfer Liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Belly of a Wailord
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,232 (0 Banked)

    Default

    The wind whips through the thin air, kicking up particles of snow to dazzle the sky with. In the craggy mountain pass, the trail narrows closer and closer to the rocky edge as Kelseng continues. The light ringing of bells echoes louder as she closes in on the source, but around a sharp turn lays an unfortunate sight.

    The charred remains of a temple, made of mostly ornately painted wood, shares little space at the cliff's edge. Smoke was still rising from embers as most of the temple sat in ruin. Golden lumber now blackened by soot, red planks scorched into decimation; the inside lay barren and collapsed. The wind gave a sudden gust as if even the environment had the wind knocked out of it by the sight. In the wind prayer flags danced violently in a ballet of wild nature, and the soft ringing of bells continued.

    The temple had a Sigilyph and a symbol of High Sage Silvia painted on the side, now only somewhat recognizable-- it must've been a place of worship of Sigilpyh and thus a place of prayer to the High Sage.

    Over by the cliff's edge, one could see a small path that veered down the slope of the mountain and into the lush valley below. Green lay far beneath the temple, and a spot of blue coming up in the middle meant this mountain and it surrounding brethren created one of the fjords near the middle and coast of the kua.

    On a timber of collapsed wood, a red and white twisted rope hung solemnly, holding up a brass and gold ball that swung in the breeze. When the wind kicked up, it gave out a soft ringing of bells. If one were to look closely, they would notice that it wasn't just fallen bells from the temple, but an ardent housekeeper of these type of temples, a Chingling! But this one had been injured by whatever attacked the temple, and now hung low on the scorching debris holding a blue apricorn in it's grip.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Chingling
    Level ?? | HP ??/??
    injured

    Enounters: 1/5 (Chingling, ??, ??, ??, ??)
    Random Drop: 18! Blue Apricorn!

    Team:


    Imogen the Togepi | Level 5 | HP 23/23
    (Discipline)

    Inventory: 3 Quick Balls, Blue Apricorn
    Berries: 15 Sitrus, 15 Lum, 5 Kebia, 5 Babiri, 5 Petaya
    @VeloJello;



    --><--
    ^^^Click the Pyukumuku for my URPG Stats^^^


    Mako | Morru 07/27/2017
    Marlon is literally @ Liam









  5. #4
    VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,058 (0 Banked)

    Default

    The bells are growing ever-louder, but Kelseng’s ‘village’ theory is quickly disproven when no buildings immediately come into sight. Maybe that should be ominous, but it only makes Kelseng more and more curious, eager to see who could be out in the wilderness making music. She picks up the pace a bit, but slows down to turn round a rocky hill - she withdraws Imogen before she moves, better safe than sorry! - and stops dead when she sees the burning building.

    “Oh, no,” she murmurs. She’s almost positive she’s been to this temple before; the view rings familiar, and while Sigilyph and High Sage paintings are practically standard for Auora’s temples, few have this high-quality worksmanship.

    Had, thinks Kelseng, a bitter taste in her mouth as she stares at the desecrated temple, a gust of wind blowing still-warm embers across the sky. Who could have done this? Why?

    Answers won’t be found at the temple’s threshold. Kelseng pauses for a moment, tracing the High Sage’s symbol with one slender finger. Her lips form the familiar shapes, “Rayquaza, Stormchaser, I ask to borrow your courage; High Sage Silvia, I ask to borrow your wisdom.” She then steps into the temple, heart weighed down by the sight of the ruination. This should be a beautiful place, a sacred area of worship and meditation, not this broken-down ashen ruin.

    Much to her surprise, she finds a Pokemon still there. Suddenly the ringing bells make sense; the Pokemon is a Chingling, a favored friend of temple-keepers. It doesn’t take a medic to notice that the little bell-like Pokemon is wounded. Kelseng releases Imogen immediately and hurries toward the Chingling. “A hand, Imogen?” Kelseng gestures to the Chingling. “Can you use Wish, please?”

    The Togepi nods, star-shaped projections of light forming in her little paws as she readies the healing. As Imogen prepares, Kelseng untangles the Chingling’s ribbons and lowers it gently to the ground, careful not to disturb it too much. “There, there,” she murmurs, soothing words flowing like water as her medical training comes back to mind. Gently, she pulls an apricorn out of the Chingling’s hands - why it’s got that, she has no idea, but the fruit will just get in the way - and shuffles back as Imogen applies her Wish, healing energies tracing across the Chingling’s body.

    While Imogen goes to work, Kelseng opens her bag. The idea of sparing medicine for a wild Pokemon this early in her journey seems very unwise, but Imogen’s Wish ability is imperfect. She doesn’t want to leave an innocent Pokemon in the lurch, particularly not a faithful temple guardian. She turns toward the Chingling with bandages and a Lum berry at the ready, in case the little bell still needs a cure for its burns.

  6. #5
    Ocean Dweller URPG Staff Surfer Liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Belly of a Wailord
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,232 (0 Banked)

    Default

    ((OOC: gender for Chingling? Also, interested in Chingling for now?))

    Chingling let out trills of bell like cries in its weakened state as Kelseng lowered it to the ground. The soft, cold snow helped the sacred bell Pokemon with its burns. Dazzling lights trailed the immaculate star that came from Imogen and crossed its path with the injured Chingling. Imogen's wish had been placed as Kelseng dug through her belongings.

    Chingling breathed heavily, sucking in as much oxygen as there was-- yet it was so thin. The wind picked up from the side of the cliff, brushing loose snowflakes over the trainer and Pokemon; giving rise to more embers, the wind sprawled out ash from the wreckage. The Chingling winced as the sight of embers danced in the air; it was clearly traumatized by the events.

    But as soon as Kelseng offered a Lum berry and some bandages, Imogen's Wish had been granted. Through mystic and unseen forces, good health besought the golden bell Pokemon, its injuries minimized and spar burns dissipated. Chingling was not at full health, but it had regained most of what it had lost thanks to the kindness of this stranger.

    Chingling turned up to see the purple haired woman bent down with wrappings and a berry, her eyes full of concern, her face visibly worrisome for the Pokemon. The Chingling refused the Lum berry as it no longer needed it, yet it remained a tad sore. It lifted the right side of it's bulbous body with a shaking, aching arm, in need of stabilization.

    As the Chingling waited for Kelseng to help, it turned its gaze over the cliff to down to the lush valley and fjord below. It gasped-- alarmed! Ringing its internal bell as it pointed with its left arm toward a building, pillar of black smoke, rising from the valley below. Safety remained behind Kelseng, danger and adventure rest down below in the fjord.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Chingling
    Level 3 | HP 15/18
    Pointing down the mountain in alarm toward a pillar of black smoke!

    Enounters: 1/5 (Chingling, ??, ??, ??, ??)
    Random Drop:
    45 nah

    Team:


    Imogen the Togepi | Level 5 | HP 23/23
    (Discipline)
    Wish on Chingling granted!


    Inventory:
    3 Quick Balls, 1 Blue Apricorn
    Berries:
    15 Sitrus, 15 Lum, 5 Kebia, 5 Babiri, 5 Petaya
    @VeloJello;

    --><--
    ^^^Click the Pyukumuku for my URPG Stats^^^


    Mako | Morru 07/27/2017
    Marlon is literally @ Liam









Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •