User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Kelseng: Beginner Quest (VelloJello)

  1. #1
    Ocean Dweller Surfer Liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Belly of a Wailord
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,800 (0 Banked)

    Default Kelseng: Beginner Quest (VelloJello)

    @VeloJello;

    Endearing, foreboding, enrapturing, and titanic were the mountains that held up the world's sky. The Aurora mountains peaked higher than anywhere else in the world; they were quite literally breathtaking. The hardiest of man and monster reigned here, and yet they prospered in the vale. Glaciers covering valleys, valleys that seemed to fall forever, roped bridges made uncertain by age, temples cladded with gold and prayer cloths were all common sight in this kua.

    The tallest of mountains centered the land, neighbored by the largest of valleys. Rivers and streams from melted glaciers and mountain capped snow flow through the green valley and carry rich, cold water into one of the many fjords near the coast.

    Mountains march out the sea and into the land as the coastal region hosts the more favorable weather than anywhere else. Yet these areas are not as occupied as the temples and spotted villages that cling onto the sides of the mountains; the culture is simply stronger than the easiness of living. People respect the risk and sacrifice of the lives they lead, they enjoy the separation and quiet calls of the mountains, and they understand the safety in the pulled away view of the world.

    But one girl decided to venture; she had other ideas than her sage mother and medical father had in mind. And with her newfound friend in Imogen the Togepi, Kelsing Norbu set forth on her own path, to make her own mistakes, to learn from them and others, to train and prosper, to take what life had to offer. Whispers on the wind called her name, an omen of good adventure and wonder, but a ringing came with it.

    Something like little brass bells echoed over the land toward Kesling, it could be an abandoned temple being called to her by those whispers in the wind, or a festival nearby, perhaps fate was simple showing her the way, but in either case, it was up to Kesling where her feet would take her.


    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Encounters: 0/5
    Random Drop Roll: 21 (so close, rip)


    Imogen the Togepi | Level 5 | HP 23/23
    (Discipline)

    Inventory: 3 Quick Balls
    Berries: 15 Sitrus, 15 Lum, 5 Kebia, 5 Babiri, 5 Petaya
    Last edited by Surfer Liam; 12-31-17 at 06:40 AM.

    --><--
    ^^^Click the Pyukumuku for my URPG Stats^^^


    Mako | Morru 07/27/2017
    Marlon is literally @ Liam









  2. Likes ~VeloJello liked this post
  3. #2
    URPG Staff VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,065 (0 Banked)

    Default

    Deep breaths.

    Breathing is important to anyone who aspires to mountain peaks; like everything else in the Aurora Kua, it must be deliberate and measured and balanced. As Kelseng takes in air, each inhalation laced with the scent of pine trees and cold, she turns back - and excitement threatens to disrupt the rhythm of her diaphragm. Jianli City is merely a vision in the far distance, irrelevant and almost unreal. She’s never been this far from home before. The possibilities seem even vaster than the mountains.

    Of course, Kelseng doesn’t have to make this journey alone. Imogen is beside her, a gentle and reassuring presence despite the little Togepi’s apparent fragility. As Kelseng looks down, Imogen looks up, and smiles. “Togi!” She cries, then nudges her trainer’s leg with one stubby white paw. As much as she can with a seemingly nonexistent neck, the Togepi tilts her head, waiting for Kelseng to choose their course.

    “Just a moment, Imogen.” She smiles warmly back at her Pokemon, taking in one last deep breath, letting the fresh breeze fill her with life before exhaling in a contented sigh. “Okay,” Kelseng says, somehow feeling more grounded and more invigorated at the same time. “I think we should -”

    A noise, subtle but present, catches Kelseng’s attention, and she stops. Something musical resounds from far away, the sounds of the wind and distant bells mingling together into a melody that almost seems to call to her. Bells aren’t a rare sound in the Aurora Kua; they’re quite popular instruments, and Kelseng’s heard their chime in lots of performances and festivals within Jianli. She’s not sure where the sound is coming from now, though. Perhaps there’s someone playing in one of the nearby villages? She doesn’t want to cover too much settled territory, but the music is interesting, and it wouldn’t hurt to just look around for its source. “You hear that?” When Imogen nods, Kelseng grins at the little Togepi fiercely and tightens her robe a bit against the cool air. “Let’s go and check it out!” The two head off at a quick clip, curiosity lightening their steps.

    @~Surfer Liam
    Last edited by VeloJello; 12-31-17 at 01:54 PM.

  4. #3
    Ocean Dweller Surfer Liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Belly of a Wailord
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,800 (0 Banked)

    Default

    The wind whips through the thin air, kicking up particles of snow to dazzle the sky with. In the craggy mountain pass, the trail narrows closer and closer to the rocky edge as Kelseng continues. The light ringing of bells echoes louder as she closes in on the source, but around a sharp turn lays an unfortunate sight.

    The charred remains of a temple, made of mostly ornately painted wood, shares little space at the cliff's edge. Smoke was still rising from embers as most of the temple sat in ruin. Golden lumber now blackened by soot, red planks scorched into decimation; the inside lay barren and collapsed. The wind gave a sudden gust as if even the environment had the wind knocked out of it by the sight. In the wind prayer flags danced violently in a ballet of wild nature, and the soft ringing of bells continued.

    The temple had a Sigilyph and a symbol of High Sage Silvia painted on the side, now only somewhat recognizable-- it must've been a place of worship of Sigilpyh and thus a place of prayer to the High Sage.

    Over by the cliff's edge, one could see a small path that veered down the slope of the mountain and into the lush valley below. Green lay far beneath the temple, and a spot of blue coming up in the middle meant this mountain and it surrounding brethren created one of the fjords near the middle and coast of the kua.

    On a timber of collapsed wood, a red and white twisted rope hung solemnly, holding up a brass and gold ball that swung in the breeze. When the wind kicked up, it gave out a soft ringing of bells. If one were to look closely, they would notice that it wasn't just fallen bells from the temple, but an ardent housekeeper of these type of temples, a Chingling! But this one had been injured by whatever attacked the temple, and now hung low on the scorching debris holding a blue apricorn in it's grip.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Chingling
    Level ?? | HP ??/??
    injured

    Enounters: 1/5 (Chingling, ??, ??, ??, ??)
    Random Drop: 18! Blue Apricorn!

    Team:


    Imogen the Togepi | Level 5 | HP 23/23
    (Discipline)

    Inventory: 3 Quick Balls, Blue Apricorn
    Berries: 15 Sitrus, 15 Lum, 5 Kebia, 5 Babiri, 5 Petaya
    @VeloJello;



    --><--
    ^^^Click the Pyukumuku for my URPG Stats^^^


    Mako | Morru 07/27/2017
    Marlon is literally @ Liam









  5. #4
    URPG Staff VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,065 (0 Banked)

    Default

    The bells are growing ever-louder, but Kelseng’s ‘village’ theory is quickly disproven when no buildings immediately come into sight. Maybe that should be ominous, but it only makes Kelseng more and more curious, eager to see who could be out in the wilderness making music. She picks up the pace a bit, but slows down to turn round a rocky hill - she withdraws Imogen before she moves, better safe than sorry! - and stops dead when she sees the burning building.

    “Oh, no,” she murmurs. She’s almost positive she’s been to this temple before; the view rings familiar, and while Sigilyph and High Sage paintings are practically standard for Auora’s temples, few have this high-quality worksmanship.

    Had, thinks Kelseng, a bitter taste in her mouth as she stares at the desecrated temple, a gust of wind blowing still-warm embers across the sky. Who could have done this? Why?

    Answers won’t be found at the temple’s threshold. Kelseng pauses for a moment, tracing the High Sage’s symbol with one slender finger. Her lips form the familiar shapes, “Rayquaza, Stormchaser, I ask to borrow your courage; High Sage Silvia, I ask to borrow your wisdom.” She then steps into the temple, heart weighed down by the sight of the ruination. This should be a beautiful place, a sacred area of worship and meditation, not this broken-down ashen ruin.

    Much to her surprise, she finds a Pokemon still there. Suddenly the ringing bells make sense; the Pokemon is a Chingling, a favored friend of temple-keepers. It doesn’t take a medic to notice that the little bell-like Pokemon is wounded. Kelseng releases Imogen immediately and hurries toward the Chingling. “A hand, Imogen?” Kelseng gestures to the Chingling. “Can you use Wish, please?”

    The Togepi nods, star-shaped projections of light forming in her little paws as she readies the healing. As Imogen prepares, Kelseng untangles the Chingling’s ribbons and lowers it gently to the ground, careful not to disturb it too much. “There, there,” she murmurs, soothing words flowing like water as her medical training comes back to mind. Gently, she pulls an apricorn out of the Chingling’s hands - why it’s got that, she has no idea, but the fruit will just get in the way - and shuffles back as Imogen applies her Wish, healing energies tracing across the Chingling’s body.

    While Imogen goes to work, Kelseng opens her bag. The idea of sparing medicine for a wild Pokemon this early in her journey seems very unwise, but Imogen’s Wish ability is imperfect. She doesn’t want to leave an innocent Pokemon in the lurch, particularly not a faithful temple guardian. She turns toward the Chingling with bandages and a Lum berry at the ready, in case the little bell still needs a cure for its burns.

  6. #5
    Ocean Dweller Surfer Liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Belly of a Wailord
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,800 (0 Banked)

    Default

    ((OOC: gender for Chingling? Also, interested in Chingling for now?))

    Chingling let out trills of bell like cries in its weakened state as Kelseng lowered it to the ground. The soft, cold snow helped the sacred bell Pokemon with its burns. Dazzling lights trailed the immaculate star that came from Imogen and crossed its path with the injured Chingling. Imogen's wish had been placed as Kelseng dug through her belongings.

    Chingling breathed heavily, sucking in as much oxygen as there was-- yet it was so thin. The wind picked up from the side of the cliff, brushing loose snowflakes over the trainer and Pokemon; giving rise to more embers, the wind sprawled out ash from the wreckage. The Chingling winced as the sight of embers danced in the air; it was clearly traumatized by the events.

    But as soon as Kelseng offered a Lum berry and some bandages, Imogen's Wish had been granted. Through mystic and unseen forces, good health besought the golden bell Pokemon, its injuries minimized and spar burns dissipated. Chingling was not at full health, but it had regained most of what it had lost thanks to the kindness of this stranger.

    Chingling turned up to see the white haired woman bent down with wrappings and a berry, her eyes full of concern, her face visibly worrisome for the Pokemon. The Chingling refused the Lum berry as it no longer needed it, yet it remained a tad sore. It lifted the right side of it's bulbous body with a shaking, aching arm, in need of stabilization.

    As the Chingling waited for Kelseng to help, it turned its gaze over the cliff to down to the lush valley and fjord below. It gasped-- alarmed! Ringing its internal bell as it pointed with its left arm toward a building, pillar of black smoke, rising from the valley below. Safety remained behind Kelseng, danger and adventure rest down below in the fjord.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Chingling
    Level 3 | HP 15/18
    Pointing down the mountain in alarm toward a pillar of black smoke!

    Enounters: 1/5 (Chingling, ??, ??, ??, ??)
    Random Drop:
    45 nah

    Team:


    Imogen the Togepi | Level 5 | HP 23/23
    (Discipline)
    Wish on Chingling granted!


    Inventory:
    3 Quick Balls, 1 Blue Apricorn
    Berries:
    15 Sitrus, 15 Lum, 5 Kebia, 5 Babiri, 5 Petaya
    @VeloJello;
    Last edited by Surfer Liam; 01-21-18 at 09:37 AM.

    --><--
    ^^^Click the Pyukumuku for my URPG Stats^^^


    Mako | Morru 07/27/2017
    Marlon is literally @ Liam









  7. #6
    URPG Staff VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,065 (0 Banked)

    Default

    ((OOC: Female, no interest. Also, this isn’t properly relevant in any way, but Kelsng’s hair is white; she usually dresses in purple. ^^))

    Only a few weeks have gone by since Kelseng had caught Imogen, and while she’s had an intellectual appreciation for the powers that a Togepi possesses, she’s never really seen them in action. The Wish - the way the light ripples across Chingling’s body, almost exorcising its injuries… “Imogen, you’re a marvel,” Kelseng says earnestly, and the Togepi lifts her head proudly.

    A complete fix seems to be out of the question for now, however. The Chingling still seems a little wobbly; with her leg shaking like that, there’s no way she’ll be able to hop about like the temple Chingling Kelseng has seen before. As gently as she can, Kelseng rotates the little bell, ensuring that she’s at least on her feet.

    The Chingling’s sudden fear came as a shock. For a second, Kelseng was worried that she’d accidentally hurt the Pokemon - but no, she didn’t seem concerned with Kelseng’s touch. Rather, the Chingling was pointing to something down the slopes of the valley. More smoke was rising up; something must be razing a trail of destruction down the mountainside.

    She swallows back fear in a hard, bitter gulp. Whoever or whatever caused, is causing, this devastation… the idea of meeting such a malicious Pokemon or human terrifies Kelseng. But she also knows that if she truly wishes to be a Sage one day, she must defend what belongs to the Aurora Kua as fiercely as she can. No one should be allowed to go around causing this kind of catastrophic damage to sacred and beautiful places. Kelseng will not stand for it.

    “Be strong,” Kelseng urges the Chingling. Working quickly, but still making sure to be careful, she bandages the Chingling’s injured arm. She then rises, withdrawing Imogen. The descent will have to be quick, something that a Togepi won’t be able to do. “We’ll find whoever did this. If you follow the road back, the humans there should take care of you.”

    With a quick prayer to the Wishmaker Jirachi for the Chingling’s safety on her breath, Kelseng begins hiking down the valley, heading for the source of the smoke. @Surfer Liam;

  8. Likes Surfer Liam liked this post
  9. #7
    Ocean Dweller Surfer Liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Belly of a Wailord
    Posts
    506
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,800 (0 Banked)

    Default

    ((OOC: sorry for taking a while! @[email protected] :whew: biochem exams and mol bio quizzes had me #rough, but I'm replying before work 'cause I need to/want to!!))


    The Chingling chimed softly as Kelseng bandaged up her arm. The help-- especially the Wish --from Kelseng had help heal the Chingling, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually; it was evident through a soft, metallic smile that the little prayer-bell Pokémon would be okay and had regained some faith in the world. She followed Kelseng's advice and began back on the path into the mountains.

    As Kelseng began her decent down the narrow path into the valley, sheer rocks and cliff faces jetted out around the windy and tumbly path. Fadded brown and soft greens began to become more prominent as the snow and ice dissipated in the lower altitude. Richer in oxygen, the atmosphere had more of a piney twinge in its scent-- but something sounded out: a chilly cry, somewhat pathetic, yet somewhat ringing and strong.

    As the path turned around a giant boulder, one of the last along the mountainside, a clear view of the dazzling fjord could be seen on the right. Misty waterfalls off in the distance proved to be the source of the glacier marvel as well as the never-ending bay that emptied into the sea on the far other end of the valley.

    The forest on the left was thin and full of sparse spruces and evergreens. The smoke that was visible from the mountain was smoldering from nearby. Another cry rang out, but this time louder. In the woods, not too far from the shore was another small wooden temple.

    This shrine was one roomed, held up on pegs-- probably to help it if the fjord ever flooded --and had been set on fire similar to the one in the mountain. The damage was done, but it was not as bad as the one from before, only one whole corner of the shrine had fallen in, leaving charcoaled, wooden beams in its place. But a small Pokémon was fiercely hopping around it, crying out.

    A yellow capped Snorunt blew a Frosty Breath on the few simmering areas left, cooling the ashes and putting out the fire for good. The area around showed a battle of ice and fire, burnt pines and frozen undergrowth scarred the sanctimonious area. The Snorunt had caught Kelseng out from the corner of its eye and turned sharply to properly view the stranger encroaching upon it.

    Upon better viewing, one could see that the little right hand of the Snorunt was pink and raw-- a burn injured the Pokémon, but it didn't seem to be of priority to the little ice Pokémon. It was clearly out of its element, as Snorunt usually stay in the icy mountains or snowy glaciers; it was evident the Snorunt wanted to help the shrine, but to have wondered into one of the valleys-- it might possibly knew that this was going to happen.

    The Snorunt shook and gave a low sounding cry-- or at least as low as it could muster --attempting to intimidate Kelseng.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Snorunt
    Level 4 | HP 20/21
    Burned

    Encounter: 2/5
    Chingling - left for village,
    Snorunt - active: burned, attempting to intimidate/defending burnt shrine
    ???
    ???
    ???

    Random Drop Roll: 42 nope :(

    Team:


    Imogen the Togepi | Level 5 | HP 23/23
    (Discipline)
    In Pokéball

    Inventory:
    3 Quick Balls, 1 Blue Apricorn
    Berries: 15 Sitrus, 15 Lum, 5 Kebia, 5 Bibiri, 5 Petaya
    @VeloJello;

    --><--
    ^^^Click the Pyukumuku for my URPG Stats^^^


    Mako | Morru 07/27/2017
    Marlon is literally @ Liam









  10. #8
    URPG Staff VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,065 (0 Banked)

    Default

    ((OOC: YELL HEAH! Female Snorunt, pretty please.))

    The air of the valleys, heady and thick with the aroma of lush pines, is unfamiliar to Kelseng, who’s only rarely ventured down to these low altitudes. It’s strange, but a bit strengthening, helping her to steel herself to ameliorate, maybe even stop, this swathe of destruction.

    It’s so loud down here, too; the quiet sounds of wind and chimes and distant whispers are replaced by birdsong, the rustling of trees, the melody of water flowing and crashing. As Kelseng descends, she scans to see what she can see, but she’s not sure how much she’ll find. The terrain is difficult, the path is new, and the sounds flood her senses. Apart from the smoke she’d seen from up above, nothing much seems to stand out.

    A new sound breaks through the din of the valley, an eerie chitter that vibrates bizarrely from low to high pitch. It’s not a Pokemon she’s heard before, so she rounds the corner with caution, making sure to move slowly and make plenty of noise so as not to startle it and draw its wrath.

    What she sees is still heartwrenching, though it doesn’t twist her up quite the way the last shrine did. It seems that the destruction here is less severe, with some of the walls still standing, a bit of the art and embellishments still intact if a bit smoke-bleached. There’s a Pokemon here, too, but it’s not half-conscious like the Chingling had been - this creature is still very much vital. Kelseng watches with admiration as it bounces around on nubby paws, shuddering as it unleashes bursts of ice upon the still-burning fires. The sight is a strange juxtaposition, what with the smoldering fires and the patches of frost, but the Snorunt’s technique seems to be working.

    The Pokemon turns suddenly and lets out a warning cry. Kelseng recognizes it all at once from scrolls she’s seen - it’s a Snorunt, an Ice-type that usually sticks to the coldest regions of the Aurora Kua. What’s it doing all the way down here? Kelseng doesn’t know, but she holds her hands up, not making too much eye contact, trying to sound soothing. “It’s alright,” she says, “I won’t hurt you.” Cautiously, she takes a few steps forward, closing just a bit of the distance. “There’s another shrine up on the mountain that was similarly damaged. I want to try and stop this, or at least do damage control - and it looks like you have the same idea!” Making sure to move slowly, slowly enough to avoid startling the Snorunt, she reaches into her pack. In one hand she holds a Lum berry and a scrap of bandage small enough for the Snorunt's little burnt paw; in the other, almost a sudden afterthought, an empty Quick Ball. “The medicine is free,” she says, “think of it as a reward for your service here. But if you want to come with me, my Togepi and I would love your help and your company.” Kelseng’s heart beats quickly as she makes the offer. She doesn’t really know what she’s doing, thinking of adding another Pokemon to her team - but she likes this Snorunt’s spirit, and frankly she can use all the help she can get in saving these temples.
    @Surfer Liam;


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •