User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick, Beginner Capture Quest

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The old woman nodded curtly when Rick echoed her words in what seemed like disbelief. She would have interjected again, but Ricks attention clearly wasn’t on the conversation, and for once she didn’t want to distract him. The fletching on her head was hardly amused at all of this fuss and bother, and had settled down for a nap. She leaned on her windowsill, watching Rick and Iris interact, surveying the scene like a grey haired hawk. To the old womans eye, Iris seemed like a very well trained Ponyta, doing everything exactly as Rick commanded. At least SOMEBODY knows how to behave She mused, slightly impressed.

Iris inflicted 4 Damage on the Venipede!

As the Ponyta let out a high pitched whinny in the direction of the potplant, it rustled slightly. Two antennae poked their way out from under the leaves, and the Venipede’s angry bug eyes glared yellow daggers at Rick and Iris. It seemed that the attack was from too much of a distance to engage the highly territorial tendencies of the poisonous bug, but enough to sting a little. Its antennae pointed this way and that, trying to precisely determine the direction of the painful noise, but to no avail.

Its antennae stopped twitching quite suddenly, as the insect finally seemed to get the message that it was under threat. It curled up into a hard, red, toxic little ball- and yet, had still not moved from the potplant. Sometimes the best offence was a good defence- especially if you poisoned things upon contact.

Venipede used Defense Curl!
    Its defence went up!

“You better not break my potplant, young man!” The old woman warned from her window, realizing that the Venipede still hadn’t moved. “Or, if you do- you better buy me a new one.” She added, as an afterthought. A new potplant wouldn’t be too bad, actually.

Houndour was caught!
    Stunky: level 2, 9/16HP
    Fletchling: level 3, 18/18HP
    Venipede: level 2, 11/15HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

As the sound waves reach the potplant, the Venipede's antennae started tweaking, trying to detect where the attack was coming from. Still, the bug pokémon wouldn't leave. I actually just adopted a more defensive stance and stayed there. "Damn, that thing is dumb..." - I said to myself, as I realized the bug didn't move away from the vase. It was a whole other level of territorialism: it knows it's being attacked, but still rather stand its ground than let someone come in and take its place.

Iris eventually stopped neighing, giving me a side glimpse as I walked to her side. "I'm not touching it. And neither will you." - I told her. The woman had warned that I would have to pay the vase if it broke... but honestly, there wasn't much we could do to avoid it. The increasing frequence of Echoed Voice would shatter the pot sooner or later, and the Venipede didn't show any signs of wanting to get out of that vase either.

I stared at that pot for a few seconds with a thoughtful expression. "You know..." - I said while turning to Iris. "If we break it, she gets a new vase and no more problems with the bug. Two on one, and a much cheaper price than going to the hospital with a poisoning" - I added.

Iris took a step up, and I took a few steps back. "Miss, you'll probably get yourself a new vase today." - I said to the lady. "We'll still try not to break it, anyways. Now... Swift, and aim from above!" - I ordered. Iris jumped and tossed her head, and from her mouth shot multiple star-shaped projectiles homing towards the curling bug.

(Word count: 289)
    (Character count: 1546)

HP: 23/24
    Moves

Bounce → No target
    Swift → Venipede

@Lychee;

URPG Stats: (Zetaboard / Weebly)

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Venipede, luckily, could not really understand whether or not it was being called dumb, or hear much over Iris’s very directional high pitched noise, so it stayed curled up for a few moments more. When the noise finally stopped, it uncurled slightly- one curious antennae swiveling around in concern.

The old woman watched Rick talk to his Ponyta, somewhat amused. Many people talked to their pokemon, but not a lot of people assumed they would understand until they were a much older and wiser pokemon than what Ponyta was.
    When Rick admitted she might get a new vase, the old woman was torn between scowling and thinking about what colour she wanted him to get. She stayed quiet for now- muttering under her breath about vermillion reds or fushia pinks.

When Iris jumped, the bugs antennae finally seemed to catch on to where she was, and it uncurled! Just in time to get blasted by tiny painful stars.

Iris inflicted 5 damage!

The Venipede was sent sprawling from the pot, and its little insect legs wiggled madly in the air for a few seconds before managing to tip itself over. From this point on, it was WAR. The Venipede skittered forwards rapidly, and then curled into a ball again, rolling forwards like a raging red dodgeball. The huge bump on its back made the ball slightly oddly shaped, which gave the insect a bit of air.

Venipede used Rollout!
    It inflicted 2 damage to Iris!

As the attack hit- however small and briefly, the contact with Iris’s body allowed the Venipede toxicity to seep through. Iris would probably feel only a sting, but it was enough.

Iris was poisoned!

((Oh man, the dice are not on your side! Worry not though! It’s a beginner quest- I wont let you get KO’d!))

Houndour was caught!
    Fletchling: level 3, 18/18HP
    Venipede: level 2, 6/16HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

As the stars flew towards the Venipede, it finally managed to detect where the attack was comming from, although at that point the projectiles were already on top of it. These stars aren't very strong, but they had enough force to knock the Venipede over from the pot and on its back. It wiggled its tiny legs for a few seconds before rolling back onto its feet.

"Good morning!" - I talked to the wild pokémon. "Sorry, but we got an eviction order for you, buddy." As I said this, Iris landed from her jump. The Venipede stared at us, and quickly crawled forward, curling its body once again. This time however, it didn't just sit there waiting to get attacked. It was heading straight at Iris at quite a decent speed. The thing was actually fast for something with tiny legs, although any pokémon using a similar move like that becomes faster than usual. That's just how physics work...

"Alright, here it comes!" - I warned. The time to react wasn't much, and Iris braced herself for the incoming pokémon. She leaped to the side to dodge the ramming ball, and she avoided it for the most part, except for her left leg that still scratched the surface of the Venipede's body.

I winced. The last thing I wanted was her to make contact with that bug. I would only find out later that that small scratch had been enough to poison her, and a pokémon also doesn't feel the effects immediately for its trainer to notice unless it was too obvious... at least with most poisons.

The Venipede kept rolling, turning around and heading back at Iris for a second ramming, and it wasn't going to stop any time soon. It would keep rolling untill something stopped it on its tracks. "It's coming back again." - I told Iris. When she got herself together, her body started getting engulfed with flames and ready to burst. I called, as I realized she was going for an Overheat. "Hold on! We're not doing that with houses nearby."

The flames ceased, and she waited as the Venipede was heading towards her. She starting pawing the ground and snorting as it approached. "Alright, now give it all you've got! High Horsepower!" Iris quickly turned away on her front legs, pulling her hind legs before striking the incoming Venipede with her hooves.

(Word count: 399)
    (Character count: 2231)

HP: 21/24
    (Poisoned)
    Moves

High Horsepower → Venipede

@Lychee;

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The Venipede scraped past Iris, bounced upon landing, and wheeled around, kicking up dirt as it spun. The hardened carapace of the insect was perfect for this sort of attack, and it didn’t take much thought. As it careened past the Ponyta again, rushing back to its original area for a second attack, it overshot slightly and bounced against the potplant, which swayed from side to side precariously.
    The old woman waved her arms around madly, ducking back inside so she could get back around to her front door and stabilize the pot. Despite being offered a new pot if it broke, she clearly didn’t want the plant itself smashed all over the ground either.

Iris inflicted 6 Damage to Venipede!

The Ponytas hooves connected clearly with the Venipedes outside shell, and a horrific cracking noise occurred. Like the crunch of a centipede underfoot, crossed with the satisfying sound of swatting a fly, the Venipede was sent flying, having lost all momentum, motivation, and consciousness.
    Unluckily, however, it was sent flying into the old woman! She had just popped outside her door to hold down the potplant, when the unconscious bug smacked right into her!
    She went into a crumpled heap on the ground, but the Fletchling was having no more of these shenanigans, and took off at the same time, deciding that the womans hair was far too unstable of a nest.

She picked herself back up gingerly, brushing her own arm where the venipede had touched her, and wincing.
    “Right, NOW you’ve done it! You’ve—“ She went to chastise Rick again, but looked down at the insect, which was out for the count. “--Well, you’ve taken care of that, at least..” She mumbled, and scratched her head. “And I think my headache has just about gone away…”

Iris took 1HP poison damage!

The old woman looked up at Iris and Rick, then held onto her own doorframe for support. “I suppose I would thank you, except that now I’m poisoned by that annoying bug pokemon.” She told them, but her frown softened slightly.
    “Good thing I have just the right antidote for it!” She chuckled, shuffling back inside. Her voice called out from inside the house, “Now you two can come right in, I’ve got an antidote brew tea still leftover from when the Venipede poisoned my grandson the other day. Everyone out there has needed it, and I’m sure both of you are no exception.” The clink of china and the hiss of a kettle could be heard from inside.

Houndour was caught!
    Fletchling ran away!
    Venipede: level 2 0/16HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

A few moments after Iris having struck the Venipede, I saw the door opening, with the old woman coming outside to hold the trembling jar. I facepalmed. "Oh, no.. why?!" - I commented as the bug was flying straight at the lady. If it would be hard for me to avoid that, imagine someone with old age, which wasn't even paying attention, doing it. So the Venipede connected with the woman's arm, before falling to the ground unconscious. And judging by how Iris had been poisoned by just a scratch, as the deeper breathing would give it away, I had no doubt that it would be more than enough to poison her, too.

The old lady winced before staring at me, not even looking at the bug right beside her. Now, since she had been quite hard to appease all this time, I just prepared for the worst. And indeed, the start didn't look promising. It looked like she was gonna blame me for something. I have started wondering if everyone in the outter parts of the Kua would be so harsh towards strangers.

When she finaly took a glimpse at the fainted Venipede, however, her expression changed. For once, she actually started sounding more friendly towards us once she realized that, at the end of the day, she had just got rid of a major problem. She went as far as to invite us into her home, stating that she had an antidote.

"Huh... okay, I wasn't expecting this one, honestly." - I said to Iris at my side. "Come on, let's take care of that poison." - I added while patting her neck. I went inside first. Iris was perking from the entrance before she actually gained trust and stepped in. She was used to be inside home, but usualy stayed out when it came to a stranger's house. There are still some people who would scold some species out for deeming them unfiting for indoors.

The old lady has already prepared some sort of tea. One served in a cup, the other in a bowl. I gladly accepted it, even though I wasn't a big fan of hot drinks - especialy when we already lived in a warm environment. "So..." I grabed the bowl and put it on the floor for Iris "Guess this is for you, girl." I said to her. We weren't going anywhere too far today, so I took the opportunity since we were starting getting along better.

"We've never went too far away from the capital like this." - I started. "All these pokémon causing this trouble... is it like that every day, or this was just an exceptional occurance?"

(Word count: 447)
    (Character count: 2397)

HP: 20/24
    (Poisoned)

Moves

«None»

@Lychee;

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Iris took 1HP Poison damage!

The sheer movement of going from outside to inside sent the Venipede toxicity coursing through the Ponyta, and she may have already been feeling nauseous. Poisoning was serious business! Luckily, most residents of the Forge Kua knew how to deal with poisons- having so many toxic pokemon around, being reknowned for having many great technological advancements, and living right next door to the Sages of the healing Forest Kua all had helped them create handy antidotes for almost everything.

The old woman shot a wary glance at Iris as she peeked through the door, unsure if she should have allowed the horse into her house. ”Oh yes she can come inside, actually, she’s quite well trained, isn’t she? Very disciplined.” The old woman mumbled, half to herself, half to the Ponyta, and incidentally as a compliment to Rick. Perhaps the poison was making her a little delirious.

As she poured the antidote tea into a nice china cup for herself and a pretty little bowl for Iris, the old woman listened to Rick (heck, that was probably the first time she ACTUALLY listened to him!). She sipped her tea, then gulped down a large mouthful of it before replying.

”Oh, I suppose it has all been building up for a while. The venipede has been around for weeks, the Houndour was just days. I think theres a Stunky living in the trash but he never really bothered anyone.” She listed off the pokemon that she assumed Rick thought were causing trouble.

“Oh, so you’re from the big city then, young man?” The colour had returned to her cheeks, and she enquired a little more about her visitor as she got up and cleared the table. ”Whats your name? I’m Eliza Macmahon.”

Shuffling over to the sink, the old woman then dumped the remainder of the contents of the kettle, the remainder of her tea, and all the bitter used tea leaves, into the wide mouth of a Gulpin that had sat itself on the floor next to the bench like a trash bin.
    ”It might seem odd that there were a few pokemon problems around, but when you get old you’ll realize that it gets quite hard to stay on top of things, you know?” She laughed good-naturedly ”Sometimes things just change and you don’t even notice!”

Iris was healed from Poison status!

Houndour: level 1, 1/12HP -- was Caught!
    Stunky: level 2, 9/16HP –was injured!
    Fletchling: level 3, 18/18HP – ran away!
    Venipede: level 2, 0/15HP -- was knocked out!
    Gulpin: level 4, 23/23HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

The old lady didn't seem to bother with having a filly in her house. She actually praised Iris for her good behaviour. We took the compliment. It was uncommon these days. "Yes? This is the result of a relationship between a guy who never had much of a social life, and a pokémon with a not much different one. You find the need of establishing that relation with something else, even if with a different species." - I told her, while scratching Iris's forehead." And so far I've never been disappointed. Unlike with many other fools I had to deal with in Unova." - I added with a frowned expression.

I sipped the tea, which had an unfamilliar taste. Since this thing was an antidote, I shouldn't be surprised if it had an odd taste. I don't remember touching the Venipede at any point, so I hoped taking an antidote for something that wasn't affecting me wouldn't cause any kind of malaise. Then again, if it did, I assume she wouldn't be serving me that.

At that point we started getting along pretty well. She introduced herself as Eliza Macmahon a bit later, while asking my name. "Very well miss Eliza, I'm Rick. She's Iris." She raised her head, doing a happy expression before lowering again to the bowl. It may be medicine, but she was soaking it up as some kind of juice.

As for the pokémon, apparently, they didn't come up all at once. They had been there for quite a few days, at least the Houndour and the Venipede. The Stunky had made these trash bins as its home, and never did anything too bad... besides maybe adding a bit more stench. Speaking of thrash, she had a Gulpin serving as one. "Huh... got yourself a nice solution for one of the Kua's biggest issues, eh?" - I commented to the woman. The Forge has a lot of dumbsters for being a highly industrial Kua, but they almost never have any space to put any residual waste on them. "You should try breeding those and get one in every house." - I added while smilling.

(Word count: 358)
    (Character count: 1940)

HP: 19/24
    Moves

«None»

@Lychee;

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

((Just a heads up, I never said the old woman served Rick a cup of tea- just one for herself, and one for the Ponyta.))

Mrs Macmahon raised an eyebrow at Rick as he took a random cup which was on the table and drank from it. She didn’t really want to tell him that that was usually used as a vase for floating flowers in, and she wondered if the water did indeed taste a bit old and leafy and strange. As she listened to his story about not having a social life, she decided that clearly he hadn’t been to many peoples houses before, and probably didn’t realize what he was doing.
    She would probably have a chuckle with her daughter about it all later.

”So Iris has been all alone? “ She looked a little sorry for the Ponyta, but funnily enough didn’t seem sorry for Rick not having human companions at all. ”It must be a hard life to move regions to a city and then somehow still be socially isolated! You know, Rick, you ought to keep that little Houndour for yourself- expand your little family.” She advised him, her face lighting up when she talked about family.
    ”Besides, now that the Houndour has a proper owner, I’m sure he’ll want to impress you and learn all sorts of lovely tricks like your Ponyta has!” She reached out, wanting to touch Iris and give her a pet. It was every little girls dream to get a Ponyta for her birthday, and perhaps the old woman still had affections for that pokemon species.

When Rick pointed out that she had a trash solution, Eliza slowly turned around.
    She looked at the gulpin, then squinted at it.
    ”You know, I wondered why I never had to take the trash out anymore…” She mused, and then laughed at herself ” Hahah! My goodness! My daughter bought me this awful green trashcan a long time ago, and I suppose I’ve just been avoiding looking at it all this time! I wonder how long she’s been set up there!”
    The old woman laughed at Ricks suggestion ”You know, I might actually do that. I feel like the rest of this town could use the convenience! You saw the trash piles outside, I’m sure.” She really, honestly, liked this suggestion, and if Rick ever returned to this town he probably WOULD see a Gulpin sitting happily in the corner of every kitchen.
    ”I suppose you’ll want to get going now” She admitted, not wanting to delay his journey any longer. ”But if you’re in Kang town anytime again soon, feel free to drop by for some tea and company.”

((Your next post is your last post for the quest! Then I’ll do a wrap-up post after that and tell you all your levels and such))

Houndour was caught!
    Stunky was injured!
    Fletchling ran away!
    Venipede was knocked out!
    Gulpin was….congratulated? xD

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

Eliza looked a bit sad for Iris when I told her about the past. "I don't know the details. She was up for adoption in a barn. She was a bit distrustful even towards me at that time. I was still a stranger afterall. But just a few days getting along and she would even let me touch her." - I told Eliza. She also admited she liked the idea of breeding Gulpins to have in every house. Finaly I could put some high hopes about the issue. Polution was the main reason I would leave the Forge, even if the streets themselves were always well-kept.

As I drinked the tea, I started wondering if that was really what I thought it was. "Umm... I think I'm full, thanks!" - I said. Before I could get any worst, I decided to put the cup aside, aswell as the bowl on the table as Iris was already finished, too. "So... thank you for everything. I guess we're going now. Still got a few things to do before the preparations for the moving." - I told Eliza and left, waving good bye to the old woman at the door.

"You're good?" I said to Iris while we walked. "'Cause I'm not. Feeling a bit nauseous right now." - I added. She tilted her head a bit in confusion, then trotted a few strides, getting in front of me offering a ride. "Thanks, I rather go on foot." - I said. All the bumping wouldn't do any good... in fact, it would probably make it worse. "Well... I guess we'll, uh... go back home? You should be a tad bit tired, and... and I really gotta take this horrible taste out of my mouth before I start getting vomits!"

(Word count: 296)
    (Character count: 1516)

HP: 19/24
    Moves

«None»

@Lychee;