Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick, Beginner Capture Quest

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Default Rick, Beginner Capture Quest

It was a typical Forge morning- the volcano was smoking away, as was the rest of Yunji City. For the first time in a while for Rick though, the city was in the background. Well, almost. It was a rather large city, and he still wasn’t very far away. The downward slope of the volcano was no longer crowded with houses though- it gave way to more sparse surburban type dwellings, with more concentrated houses around town centre areas.

It was the perfect day for exploring and getting away from the crowds of people, but the people outside of the city were a little less friendly and accepting of other Kua- while Yunji was a neutral zone, the surrounding countryside was a little more divided (as country towns often are). The pokemon, too, seemed a little bit more aggressive. They were certainly unused to strangers who had come from across the seas, from Unova!

As Rick walked along, a growl could be heard, low and threatening, as if warning about territory. It didn’t take long to figure out what was making the noise- An angry little Houndour dashed out towards Rick, yapping, its hackles all raised and fluffed up. It had a piece of rope tied around its neck, which had snapped. Was it recently escaped? Or had the rope been there a long time? Perhaps it had been abused, or maybe it was someones beloved pet but they’d just gone out to work.

There were no people in sight, and the angry little houndour looked like it was about to bite Rick on the foot if he didn’t do something about it quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

Despite living on Forge for quite a few years, I've never had much chance to actually explore the Kua beyond Yunji. The reasons varied, but basicaly it wasn't the peaceful place we're used to in the capital city. Also, since we moved into Onmyo, me and Iris have had pretty much no battle training. It's not like we could fight other people's pokémon, and even if we could, Yunji's streets are also not very good for ponytas. Just a few strides, and she would either have to brake or crash into a dumpster... or into someone.

One time I decided to go explore further than usual. No matter what, I had to go away from the Forge sooner or later, and better have a glimpse of what we could find along the way when that time would come. It was also the first time Iris was actually going out of the most crowded part of the city, too. "Yeah, take your time I guess. It's been awhile since you had this opportunity" I told her.

She went off running while I continued on. That was untill I stopped to try to figure where did a growling came from, but it didn't take long to find out, as a Houndour leaped out towards me, making me instintively leap back. I knew these pokémon where territorial, but I've never seen one so agressive like this one. It had a rope tied on its neck, which means at least at some point it had an owner. But Houndours are also well behaved and loyal towards their trainers, so there was even less of a reason for this behavior.

"Hey pal. You got a... nice collar there. I see it's good quality, too..." I said in a sarcastic tone. How long it had escaped, I didn't know. I just hoped it didn't get enough time to make some friends that would show up later. Usually these things attack in packs, and they're actually quite good at that. In fact, that's what Houndours are best known for. I hadn't had much opportunity to test my pokémon's battle skills against other pokémon, but and I had some common sence. Namely to not engage into a fight

I walked backwards a few steps, but the dog wouldn't cease. "Alright, you called it!" - I said, followed by a whistle. Iris, which was doing her own things a few meters behind, quickly came galloping to my side once she spoted the raging pokémon. Once she got close to the Houndour, she reared up and swiped her hoof, striking on the pokémon's head. The Houndour backed away a bit dazed, although the skull on its forehead also protected some of the impact.

The Houndour shook its head before staring at Iris, growling with clenched teeth. The filly responded with a snort while repeatedly pawing the ground. "Okay, little guy. You started, we'll finish. Now bring it on."

(Word count: 488)
    (Character count: 2641)

HP: 24/24
    Moves

Stomp → Houndour

@Lychee;
    Last edited by Rick; 12-29-17 at 09:20 PM.

URPG Stats: (Zetaboard / Weebly)

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Iris inflicted 5 damage to Houndour!

The small scruffly Houndour did not take well to being knocked on the head with a hoof, but now it knew that its instincts were right! These creatures WERE here to battle and invade and hurt! It took up a slightly more defensive stance, and barked suddenly. Perhaps it did have friends?
    From a garbage can nearby, there was a rustle, and a grumbly reply. More scruffy, dark coloured fur emerged- slightly larger than the aggressive Houndour. It almost looked like a short-legged houndour for a second, before it became clear the pokemon had a light coloured stripe right down its back.
    The Houndour was friends with a Stunky??

As the Stunky grumbled and wandered up to the fray, Houndour seemed to gain confidence back again, and dashed forwards, teeth bared. It wanted to chomp down on this big horsey intruder and show her who was the boss around here!

Houndour used Bite!
    It inflicted 1 Damage to Iris! ((You can roleplay how that happens, of course))

The Stunky seemed less enthusiastic, and sized up the competition for a few seconds before acting. Then, to nobodys real surprise, it faced the other way, raising its tail. Even if you were to try to duck out of the way, it wouldn’t really matter, because instead of a spray coming out, merely a big cloud of black smoke jettisoned out of the creature. Surprisingly, it didn’t smell! But it did make it awfully hard to see for a short while!

Stunky used SmokeScreen!
    It lowered Iris’s Accuracy slightly!

Houndour: level 1, 7/12HP
    Stunky: level 2, 16/16HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

After taking a direct hit and groaning for a few seconds, the Houndour started barking towards a trash bin nearby. And I didn't take too long to realize that this thing was actually not alone. "Oh... so you do have friends..." - I said as I watched the bin rumbling from the corner of my eye.

While Iris was also distracted watching the new opponent joining in to the party whoever, the Houndour that had now recovered from the last hit seized the opportunity to lay its teeth on her. With bared teeth, it dashed forward to try and bite her leg. When Iris noticed it, she instintively tried to avoid it by rearing up, but the Houndour was already too close. When she raised her leg, it had already been biten, although the sudden movement prevented the Houndour from locking on her, only scratching her pastern.

She backed away a few steps, with her neck stretched and head lowered at about the height of her withers. The Stunky didn't act immediately. Only after a few seconds it turned back and raised its tail. Now, we already know what comes when this pokémon turns away, and it's not for running. Or rather, we may not know exactly what's coming, but we just know it's not good in anyway. "Oh oh..." - I muttered. "Brace yourself!" The Stunky released a black smoke. "Oh... well, that wasn't that bad" - I commented with some relief. While it didn't smell as we expected it would, it did compromise our vision, which by itself was already a bad thing, but it added to the fact that I could barely see where Iris was at amongst the cloud.

"Everything alright there?" - I asked from outside the smoke curtain, which she responded with a neigh. "Alright then. Out of ground!" Iris jumped into the air, landing on a rooftop. "Now. Flamethrower on the Stunky!" - I ordered. She tossed her head, shooting a stream of flames from her mouth at the skunk.

(Word count: 337)
    (Character count: 1855)

HP: 23/24
    Moves

Bounce → No target
    Flamethrower → Stunky

@Lychee;
    Last edited by Rick; 12-29-17 at 09:18 PM.

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Iris inflicted 7 Damage to Stunky!

The Stunky clearly didn’t expect to be the next one attacked, since all it did was lob a smoke-bomb. The stream of flames licked up the scruffy tail of the pokemon, and sent it scrambling for cover, trying to put out the fires or avoid getting burnt. With a crash and clang of metal lids and the tumbling sound of garbage, the Stunky practically rocketed back into its trash heap, abandoning the Houndour while it dealt with its injuries- or possibly went and found some berries to help with the pain.

The Houndour however, was undeterred- spurred on, even , by managing to nick the larger and more agile pokemon with its tooth. A delusion of grandeur, perhaps? It barked loudly a few more times, and then attempted to scramble up onto the roof too, using a pile of crates that were stacked beside the building. Unfortunately, its legs were far too short, so instead it backed up, lifted its head, and howled like it had been mortally wounded. There were some strange dark undertones to the howl too, like something evil from the depths of hell was being called- though that was a common way for a Houndour howl to sound.

Houndour used Howl!
    It’s attack went up!

Now, all of this fighting was making an AWFUL lot of noise- between the spilling garbage, the barking, the sound of hooves on rooftops, and now the howl, it was bound to piss off other creatures in the area.
    “What are you doing??” And that included humans. An angry looking old woman, with a Fletchling nesting in her scrambled grey hair, popped her head out of the window in the house below the Ponyta. She shot a glare at Rick.
    “Order your ponyta down right now! You’re going to damage my roof and darned if you’ll be able to pay for it! And shut up that stupid Houndour too! He’s been roving around biting people all day!” The woman shouted at him with complete authority, and waggled a gnarled finger.
    “How could you be so irresponsible! What if my roof collapsed and that Ponyta falls on me! You better move it RIGHT NOW young man!”

Houndour: level 1, 7/12HP
    Stunky: level 2, 9/16HP
    Fletchling: level 3, 18/18HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

As the flames hit the Stunky's fur, it quickly headed back to the trash pile it had came from. The Houndour was alone once again, but still kept its aggressiveness towards Iris, which was now out of range of it. It still didn't deter the wild pokémon from trying to reach her through a stack of crates at the side of the building, even though to no avail.

All this fuss eventually called the attention of that house's owner, which wasn't very pleased with having a mare on top of her roof. Iris stretched her head, droped and leaned her head, looking at the old lady that was yelling from the window. She demanded that the ponyta would get down off the building before causing some damage to it. But more importantly for me was when she said that this Houndour has been quite problematic.

"Okay, calm down ma'am. I was just passing by, but got a few..." - I paused to look at the groaning Houndour "...complications. You said this Houndour has been attacking people? So you might guess the reason for all this, 'cause I just became one of those people." - I told her.

I raised my arm, gesturing to Iris to get down. She leaped off, landing to my side and turning towards the Houndour, who also turned to us after seeing the ponyta leaving her spot. "Sorry that we took advantage of your property... but I'm willing to make up for that by taking care of this dog." - I said while staring at the Houndour.

I looked at Iris while putting my hand on my belt pocket. "We'll catch it and take it to someone who might take care of it." - I told her. "That being said, I doubt this thing will stay quite. Can you hold it down for a bit?" - I asked. Iris nodded, and started galloping towards the Houndour. As she approached it, she raised her front legs and leaped, dropping her weight on the opposing pokémon.

(Word count: 335)
    (Character count: 1790)

Moves

Body Slam → Houndour

@Lychee;

7. Likes Lychee liked this post
    Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The woman seemed only marginally calmed by the fact that the horse was no longer on her roof.
    Only marginally.
    Sometimes folks were just like this- angry no matter what you did. She might have been one of those sort of people, especially on a bad day, which this was.

“I don’t care what your reasons are, mister! And I don’t care what you do with that houndour! You’ll be doing a public service by getting rid of it, but you wont be doing ME any service! I’ve got a headache from all of this racket! It feels like theres claws digging into my skull, even!” She complained, waving her hands around.

The fletchling perched atop her head fluffed its feathers up a little, trying to keep its balance while she waved her spindly arms around, but staying put right were it was. There was almost a cheeky glint in its eye, as if it probably knew that its current nest was not actually a nest. Perhaps it was slowly becoming obvious that the old woman didn’t actually knew there WERE claws digging into her hair.

Iris used bodyslam on Houndour!
    It inflicted 6 damage!

The houndour scrambled backwards in fear as Iris launched herself towards him, but did not manage to get out of the way in time. The weight of the horse-pokemon sent the fluffy little body crashing into the ground, legs twitching slightly. Only a weak, constant growl seemed to come from it, but the little creature could hardly move anymore. It was pinned right beneath the ponytas hooves.

The old woman glared on from her window.

Houndour: level 1, 1/12HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

I knew people outside of the capital weren't very friendly. Still, one would assume that once you do something helpful for them, they would be more willing to be nicer towards you in return. Well, guess that's not how it works in every place you visit. Even after me telling that I was gonna take this Houndour out of the street, she still wouldn't take my apologies.

At that point I realized there was no use in trying to go in terms with this lady, I've met people like these before. Best thing for us to do was take care of this Houndour and just move on. Besides... I felt bad for the Fletchling on her head. I sighed and muttered "Miss... you do have claws digging into your head..." If she kept moving like that everytime she speaked, the poor thing would probably get evicted from its nest, and I'm pretty sure the more I would talk to her, the more reasons she would find to complain about.

There was a moment where the old woman stopped complaining about this and that, so at least there I could actually focus on what was important. The Houndour was now pinned beneath Iris and making a faint growl. We probably wouldn't get a better chance than that. "Okay, then lets get this over with" - I open up the belt pocket, taking a Net Ball from inside. "Okay girl, leave it to me now." - I called to Iris. She turned her head slightly to towards me. A few moments before I tossed the ball at the Houndour, she leaped off him so the ball could hit the Houndour, instead of her.

(Word count: 281)
    (Character count: 1467)

Moves

«None»

@Lychee;

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,067 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The old woman narrowed her eyes at Rick, watching him mutter something to himself but unable to catch it. She felt angry and righteous, and now had decided that this boy was rude as well as noisy.
    “What was that? Don’t mumble, its impolite!” She chastised him, and crossed her arms, tilting her chin up. “Look up at me when you talk! I’m a little more hard of hearing than I used to be!” She demanded, every bit the picture of an indignant snob (save for the bird on her head, which had now nestled down comfortably).

As Rick threw the ball his plan worked perfectly, and the net ball bopped the Houndour directly on the snout. The growly little fluffball glittered with an energy outline for a second, and then suddenly the ball was left sitting there, with no Houndour in sight.
    It didn’t even rock from side to side. The net ball just sat there, perfectly still.

The old woman, however, was still not impressed.
    “Well now you’ve gotten rid of ONE pest!” She sarcastically congratulated him “How about getting rid of the Venipede that has decided to live in the potplant near my door?” She tilted her head in the direction of her doorway, and the quivering of a cute potplant could be seen, as well as the shiny red carapace that Venipedes often had.
    “It’s attacking everyone who goes through the door- the mailman, my family, even me!” She whined. Maybe being trapped in her own home, and the bird that had taken roost in her hair, were the ACTUAL reasons for the womans underlying anger.

Houndour was caught!
    Venipede: level 2, 15/15HP

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,067 (0 Banked)

The woman congratulated me for getting rid of the Houndour, even if with a sarcastic tone. With the Houndour in the ball, I thought it was about time to move on. That was untill the old lady speaked about yet another pokémon that was causing problems, this time a Venipede that took one of her potplants as its home, and this one was actually causing her issues.

"Err... a Venipede?" I tilted my head and stared at the vase the woman was looking at, and I could see the pot shaking with a reddish body on it. What the hell was that thing doing there? A forest should be a better place to live in than a vase that was barely any bigger than its inhabitant. But at the same time, I don't remember there being any forest in the Forge Kua. Pokémon had to share their habitats with that of humans most of the time, which eventually would lead to problems like this.

"Okay then... I guess we're gonna stay here for a bit longer." - I said. Judging by how pissed the old lady was by just having a horse that weights no more than a child on top of her roof, I could already imagine the drama it would be to break this vase with an attack, and to make matters worse, Venipedes are super agressive and poisonous, so it's not like we could go there and take it away by hand.

Iris got in front of me and turned towards the pot. "See if it gets out of its... home, if we can call it that..." I pointed to the target and ordered the move. "Echoed Voice!" Iris whinnied and let out a sound wave directed at the Venipede.

(Word count: 293)
    (Character count: 1508)

Moves

Echoed Voice → Venipede

@Lychee;
    Last edited by Rick; 01-01-18 at 01:41 PM.