User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kaiko's Beginner Capture Quest (Dec 27)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    368 (0 Banked)

Lee stared for a moment at the girl standing in front of him, mouth slightly agape. This little girl he had let on his ship had defied his every expectation, and even in this heated moment fraught with danger, managed to keep a cool head.

"Ay, lass, that be true! Zeke! Grab some of this chum and chuck it as far as ye can. That ought to keep the rest of em occupied while we get our sails in order. I'll set about hoisting the main. JAN! Forget the hook! Get yer ass up here and help me unfurl these blasted sails!"

As he barked out orders, he gave one last glance over to Kaiko and Azurill. He winked and said "He's all yours, lass."

The Azurill grinned wickedly and shone with confidence as it turned towards it's foe. It knew it could handle this chump of a fish, especially while it was flopping about helplessly on deck. It jumped up and around the Carvanha, landing just out of its field of view. In a flash, the blue orb at the tip of its tail lashed out and struck the fish, causing it to spin wildly about. The Caravanha looked even more disoriented than it had before. It ceased flopping and let out a piercing Screech much akin to the sound of a hissing Meowth with a throat infection, causing Azurill to stumble at the suddenness of the hideous noise.

As the battle continues, the minorly injured remoraid slowly flops its way over to the side of the ship, and flips overboard.

Azurill and Kaiko are now faced with a shrieking carnivorous menace. What will they do?

Encounter: Caravanha!

Caravanha
    Level 5
    HP 24/24No random drop (d: 70) [actually, one more drop from the last one. I was tired and forgot what number actually made you get things, so now you're at 2 things!]
    Spoiler:
    Team:

Azurill

Level 5
    HP 11/24

Items:
    3 Net Balls

2. Likes Lychee liked this post
    Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,074 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The rush of acknowledgement was like a dream come true for Kaiko. The captain had both listened to her, and maybe picked up on the fact that she had wanted the Carvanha, too! She grinned for a second or two, then set her face back into the serious expression it was in before. The patch of sea filled with the other Carvanha was really roiling now, and throwing the chum in- while it would act as a good decoy- was only going to stir them up further in the meantime.
    She shivered and hoped that a Sharpedo wasn’t anywhere nearby.

The screeching fish was certainly offputting. Kaiko had never heard them make their call while on land before, but in the water it carried a long way, so of course it was loud. She staggered along with her Azurill, but steadied herself, gaining her balance for the battle, and putting a hand up near her ear just in case it happened again.
    ”Azu! Bounce onto and over it! Don’t stay near it too long!” She called out, then bit her lip. Things could happen quickly in battle, so she better give her babe some backup instructions. ”If you can keep away from it, try to charm it into submission! If you can’t keep away, Slam that damn fish down!” She punched her fist into the air with enthusiasm, forgetting about covering her ears against the sound.
    Once her instructions were called out, Kaiko dug in the pocket of her pants for the Net Balls that she had stored there. Taking hold of one of them, she drew it out and took a stance, ready to throw it at the Carvanha if there were any openings.
    ”I’ll try to capture it if it calms down, or if it hurts you too much, Azu!”

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    368 (0 Banked)

Azurill shook its head to clear its ears from the horrible shrieking. Once it regained its composure, it took stock of its trainer's instructions, hopping around a bit, looking for an opening. As it did, it noticed something in the eyes of the Carvanha that it hadn't noticed before now: fear. Azurill realized that this ordeal must be terribly frightening, even for a terrifying pokemon such as this one. Convinced that the best course of action was indeed to attempt a capture, Azurill readied itself to bounce onto the poor fish. With a mighty and precise slap of its tail, it launched itself upwards into the air, carefully aiming its trajectory to land on the Carvanha.

As Azurill arced downwards, the Carvanha spun itself around and glared up at the little blue ball rushing towards it. The look on its face could only be described as horrific. Teeth gnashing and chattering, gums bleeding and full of viscera, eyes wild and darting. Even Jan was caught off guard by the horrific sight and stumbled in his task before backing further from the little demon fish. Azurill lost composure for a brief moment, but pushed through its fear and maintained it course towards the Carvanha. It landed with a resounding whack, striking its tail right on top of the Carvanha's head.

As it landed, Azurill looked back at the fish, and noticed that it had stopped thrashing about. Indeed, it now only seemed capable of small twitches, as the mighty aerial blow seemed to have momentarily paralyzed it.

Could this be the chance Kaiko has been looking for?

Encounter: Caravanha!

Caravanha
    Level 5
    HP 13/24 (Paralyzed!)

No random drop (d:52)

Spoiler:
    Team:

Azurill

Level 5
    HP 11/24

Items:
    3 Net Balls

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,074 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Kaiko watched as her Azurill executed a perfect bounce onto the Carvanha, and made a mental note to give the little creature something as thanks once this was all over. The fish itself was strangely lacking in aggression- despite all that gnashing and biting of teeth and blood and rolling eyes, it hadn’t really caused any harm. Why was that?

A thought clicked into place in Kaikos head- Carvanha was a schooling fish. She had only ever seen or heard about them in big groups, happily gnashing away together.It’s alone, and theres no school or family to be with- its terrified! It doesn’t know what to do! She decided, and that thought brought on a moment of pity. Maybe there was no need to beat it down to a quivering lump- it had only taken one hit to become paralysed and twitching with fear. Time to end this.

”Azu, hold off for a second!” She yelled, feeling the warmth of the wooden Net Ball in her hand. The ship creaked and surged into movement, as she felt her spirits lift. King of depths and sea of blue, let my capture ball fly true! She internally chanted a little luck prayer she had picked up from people in her village, then let the ball fly. Normally she wasn’t exactly religious- but it was in tense times that she had seen others call on the great fish of the deep, so a little bit of superstition never hurt.

”Come and join my crew, Carvanha!”

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    368 (0 Banked)

The Net Ball sailed through the air majestically, arcing across the ship on the perfect trajectory to *bonk* right on top of the Carvanha. The ball opened wide and sucked in the fish in an arc of energy. It landed on the deck of the ship, and for a moment, the only noise in the entire sea was the wobble of this little sphere.

*WOBBLE*

*Wobble*

*wobble*

*click*

.... "YEAH!" came the sudden yell of the Captain.

"Ye did it lass! Holy shite, that was impressive. HAHAAA! I knew ye had it in ya!"

Captain Lee was closest to the ball out of the four of them, so he strode over to it, plucked it from the deck, and tossed it towards Kaiko.

"You continue to surprise and surpass every expectation lassy."

He quickly strode across the deck once more, finishing up lashing the final sail into place. He nodded over to Zeke at the helm, and they turned across the wind and began sailing away from the swarm still in the water.

"Alrighty, lads and lass, that's enough fun for now. Let's get the rest of this catch cleaned up."

They toiled for a bit, clearing up the net and its contents.

Lee turned to her and asked "Was there somewhere you were wanting to go lass? We could head back home, or maybe drop ya off somewhere along the way if ya like?"

It had been a long day, and they'd made very good time so far, but would need to sail through the night to get anywhere. Kaiko had a few options here. She could be dropped off near the shores of the Aurora Kua, or they might be able to make it to the little outpost on the coast of the Chasm Kua. She could also simply stick around with them as they returned home. The choice was hers to make.

Caught: Carvanha!
    Level 5
    HP 13/24
    No random drop (d:92)

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,074 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Kaiko caught the ball, hardly able to process the fact that she had just caught her first pokemon. Terrifying as it was, now that she knew she was safe the adrenalin would fade, and later she would probably feel very proud of herself. Right then, though, she had forgotten to smile or react for a few seconds, just staring at the ball in her hand.
    The captain said his piece, the ship was off and sailing, but still she stood there.

”A carvanha…” A grin slowly melted across her face.

”I caught one! To work with! Ah! AAAA YIIIIIII! Ahahahaha!!” She seemed deliriously happy, and almost popped open the pokeball again right then and there to check that it was really in there! She flailed around happily before she set back to work, and Azurill probably picked up on her glee, bouncing around too. They were both tired and sore, but it had been a very worthwhile day.

He seemed full of fury and fear…I think I’ll call him Fiyuro..” She whispered to Azu, in one of the few chances she got to take a break. Clearly, the girl was already getting attached.

When Captain Lee asked her if she wanted to be dropped off somewhere, Kaikos eyes widened. She had hardly thought about it all day- and she still hadn’t even chosen a direction! She hummed, knowing she definitely did not want to go back home.

”If we can make it to a Chasm outpost, that would be great- I’m not prepared to face Auroran cold yet, hah.” She motioned to her clothing- none of which was furred or layered thickly. Heck, she didn’t even have any shoes. Chasm was warmer, so it seemed the obvious choice. Plus, she had heard that her sister had something to do with Chasm Kua…. She just couldn’t remember what.
    Kaiko made a mental note to send another letter to the address her mother had given for Jiang Taisu.

When it came to goodbyes, Kaiko knew the unpredictability of the sea meant every one could be the last. When every day was lived with that thought, it became much more manageable for her to simply not place too much value on seeing people again.
    ”Hey, thanks for letting me on board.” She started, and that was about as sentimental as it got. ”May the tide take you where you deserve”. In this scenario it was clearly meant as a well-wishing. In other scenarios, the sentiment read like a curse. Kaiko liked it- her mother had used it a lot when talking about people.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    368 (0 Banked)

They could finally relax. Kaiko and the crew sat on the deck and watched the sun set as they sailed along, telling stories and singing sea shanties all the while.

It had been quite the adventure, with Kaiko accomplishing so much in such a short day. Not only had she won herself a ferocious new friend, but she had won the respect of three salt-hardened sailors who had thought her nothing more than a little girl.

As they approached the single dock of the small outpost on the border of the Chasm Kua, Lee pulled Kaiko aside.

"I know you originally said ye'd work fer free, but I think you've earned your keep here lass. I won't be payin ye in money, but I do have these. I hope they'll help you in your travels, lass."

He extended his hand and offered her a blue apricorn and three Sitrus berries.

They reached the dock, and Kaiko helped the crew tie the boat up before she said her goodbyes.

Lee came up to her, gave her a hearty slap on the back and said "Aye, lass, I'm sure the tide'll be more than fair to us. If yer ever in the area again and want to give us a hand, feel free to drop on by. I wish ye the best of luck with yer endeavors, especially training that new friend of yers."

Jan wished her the best of luck, leaving her with a firm handshake and a wide smile.

Zeke came up, smiling subtly before making eye contact with her. He nodded, then tussled her hair. "Nice work, Kaiko." he said as he turned back towards the ship.

Kaiko turned around and took in the scene before her, readying herself for whatever adventures may lay beyond the shore.

Quest Complete!
    Items Acquired:
    1 Blue Apricorn
    3 Sitrus Berries
    Pokemon Acquired:
    1 lvl 5 Carvanha (13/24HP)
    Axurill Leveled Up!
    +13 Levels
    Last edited by WalabyX; 02-26-18 at 07:06 PM.