User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pokemon URPG InfoHub/UltraDex Errors Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,232 (8,967 Banked)

Pummelo Gym Leader's Description might be a tad out of date:

"Challenger must defeat the four other island gyms first before challenging this gym. All battles must be 6v6, XY rules, and both the Leader and Challenger must select Pokemon that do not share any types with each other"

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,969 (0 Banked)

I'm listed as previous/inactive grader on both Writing and Grading encyclopedia pages.

Legends list is a bit out of date:
    Weirlind120 is current legend defender with Zeraora.
    We're past April 21 so diamondpearl876's Ho-oh will have returned to its tower.
    GrayMagicG is now Gray Nine and has two Magearna, one permanent and one temporary (says until tomorrow)
    Juliorain has a permanent Marshadow and permanent Groudon from reffing and judging respectively, I believe.
    Dash has a temporary Dusk Mane Necrozma from Valentine's day auction.

Apologies to anyone I missed, omissions are ignorance and not a snub, I promise.

Edit: Rockruff shows as 20k contest credits in Ultradex, per berry store is only 10k contest credits.
    Last edited by evanfardreamer; 05-17-18 at 12:57 PM.
    Resurrected stats (still under renovation!):
    http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/sho...3-Evan-s-Stats

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    557 (25 Banked)

Fenris’ URPG Information Hub Error ReportGeneral Tab Sections
    A Document aiming to compile any number of glitches / broken links / quality of life suggestions / grammar and spelling mistakes / or other misc. problems I find while going through the URPG Information Hub website. The Ultradex is not covered in this report because that would literally take forever and some of the info hub errors are more pressing than others. I might do it in another document once I finish combing the main hub though.

I'm currently working on more documents for other sections of the Hub, but since they involved hundreds of move / ability / rules listings, its taking longer to look through them. Also haven't specifically back checked any of the list pages (such as the legend tracker) to check if they're up-to-date. it may be worth it to have a dedicated staff member or even nominated URPG volunteer go through to update these at a later time, as most are very out-of-date.

Any fact checking of moves / abilities / etc. done will be done through Serebii and Bulbapedia where possible, or by contacting an Admin / Moderator to confirm.

Quality of Life Suggestions:

• Have the search bar at the top be autofill compatible. Makes it much easier to get to things. Right now if you misspell anything or don't finish a name, it wont fill in, and you're unable to search.
    • Nowhere in the Info hub is URPG’s mechanics for Sketch fully explained. I had to ask a mod and then dig through the forums to find anything concrete to confirm it. Putting some info on this (possibly directly in Sketch's info in the Ref Dex?) would be useful.
    • Listing out items received from the Starter pack by joining up in an unordered list might make them slightly easier to read and not overlook any of them.
    • It may be helpful to link directly to the threads that explain what stats you need to track in the Getting Started section of the Getting Started page. ( PWN | PXR ). Anything that simplifies the sign-up process for new members makes it more likely they’ll stay to complete the process, and that’s a good thing!
    • There is a link to the main discord listed in the Getting Started page. Perhaps consider also listing the PWN or PXR specific Discord servers as well, again to make it simpler for new players to find and join them if they would like to. Especially since finding the join links for the PWN server in particular is much harder as its buried in the subforums. Or consider downsizing to just the main discord to consolidate users?
    • Perhaps consider linking to specific threads listed in the What You Can Do section of the Getting Started page, again to make navigating easier for new players starting out trying to find relevant threads.
    • Since not all main-series Pokemon games are on the gameboy any longer, it may be better to refer to the ‘the game boy games’ as ‘main series’ games, for better clarity.

Overall Bugs / Errors:

• Clicking a link to another section of the infodex from a page doesn’t always redirect you. You have to manually go up to the address bar and force a redirect to the new address by pressing enter or hitting the refresh button. I’ll see if i can make a document pointing these out at a later time.

General

Getting Started:

• “A Total of 41 Gyms in 7 Leagues as well as the Elite 4 and Champion”; URPG has 6 gyms per league, correct? This number should be 42 in that case.
    • “Battles between other members is the most common activity of the URPG.” Could be better worded. Perhaps instead try “Battles between different members is one of the most common activities in the URPG.”
    • “Battle with your friends online in Forum Battles” is redundant, as you must be online to take part in the game at all.
    • “Writing Stories is a great method”; stories shouldn’t be capitalized.
    • “enter and compete”; would be better worded as ‘enter and compete in’.
    • “You can adventure through the Main RP to interact with other players or go on your very own adventure with just you, your ranger, and your trusty Pokemon in the wilds of the Individual RP while visiting different areas to encounter various wild Pokémon.” is a very long and winding sentence. Putting another comma between ‘RP while’ would help some.
    • “Contests are a RSE classic where” should be “Contests are an RSE classic, where”.
    • “you also get to purchase Berries” is better worded as “you can purchase Berries”, as the original wording insinuates that you can do something in addition to what is actually listed.
    • “Your imagination’s” is grammatically incorrect and should be “Your imagination is”.
    • In the FAQ portion, “its outcome.” is better written as “the battle’s outcome”, for better clarity.
    • “use every move that it can learn” can be clarified by writing it as “use any move that they can learn”.
    • “This does not include the battle” doesn’t have a period at the end.
    • “Beginner runs contain five low-tier encountered Pokemon, perfect for new members to use basics. This type of run will earn one full evolution stage.” should be clarified. It doesn’t menton if you still need evolution items for certain evolutions or not, among other possible evolutionary dependant conditions such as training or certain weather parameters.
    • “Be on the lookout for FFAs, or Free For Alls”; it should be written as “Free-For-Alls”.
    • “Users can also earn more money by converting P from AH into URPG cash or submit art or stories for cash instead of Pokemon captures.”; my understanding is that P is now a defunct currency, so having this here is more confusing and misleading than helpful.
    • “Curators: Like graders,”; Graders should be capitalized here.
    • “ it’s just your Pokemon versus the URPG-World in a 1v1v1v1 setting”; incorrect as FFAs require 6+ battlers. Should read “1v1v1v1v1v1+” or similar.

Trainer Stats Directory:

• It’s just overall not up-to-date. Many of the stats linked dead-end on Bulbagarden or other defunct past forums, and many newer players are not listed at all.

Hall of Fame:

• Also hasn’t been updated for quite some time.
    • There is a styling error for the Mascot section, where the words are not on the correct lines and run together.
    • The URPG Awards Hall of Fame doesn’t seem to have been updated since 2013.

The Legendary List:

• Also not up-to-date. Some temporary legends have expired for example.
    • “After Hours RP: See this post.”; After Hours RP is defunct and this produces a dead link.

Project NUKEM:

• Also terribly out-dated. Several NUKEM mon have either been replaced by others, or tied.
    • Many links dead end on the Bulbagarden forums or other locations.
    • The page cuts off the last line or two of listed Pokemon.

URPG Challenges:

• There is no link to the forum threads where these challenges can be confirmed ( PWN | PXR )

URPG Rules:

• Has multiple sections detailing After Hours RP, though the project is defunct and no longer exists. Has a dead link to the PWN forums.
    • “You purchase your Daycare Moves and Hidden Abilities at the Pokémart for $5,000 each. You get these instantly once they’re approved.”; the mart currently lists these as costing $4,000 not $5,000.
    • “You can not trade/tradeback just so the other party can teach your Pokémon TM/HM/BM/MT/SMs or feed your Pokémon Pokéblocks.”; Pokeblocks aren’t mentioned anywhere else and don’t seem to serve a purpose.
    • “If you feel your Ranger has gone inactive and you would like a new one, post in the Abandoned Runs thread asking for someone else to take over: (PWN | PXR)”; there are not any links actually present.
    • The URPG Staff section doesn’t seem to be totally up-to-date. Many new staff aren't listed, and staff that have left still are.
    • The link to Chroniclers in the URPG Staff section is a dead link. Not sure if this is even a valid role anymore or not since I can't find any info on it.

4. Likes HKim liked this post
    Draconic Lorekeeper URPG Staff Dash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,674 (0 Banked)

Yo, I'll just go over all this since its what I had access to and was what I could actively work on. I've replied to everything in blue text that should hopefully be readable on if its been taken care of and the such. Thanks for putting the effort into making this! I know I plan to run through more sections as well such as the Reffing Encyclopedia, so leave that to me. Thanks again though as its made mine and the staff's jobs easier as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    General

Getting Started:
    • “A Total of 41 Gyms in 7 Leagues as well as the Elite 4 and Champion”; URPG has 6 gyms per league, correct? This number should be 42 in that case.
      This is actually correct. The Orange Island League has 5 islands, compared to our average system of 6 gyms.
    • “Battles between other members is the most common activity of the URPG.” Could be better worded. Perhaps instead try “Battles between different members is one of the most common activities in the URPG.”
      Done!
    • “Battle with your friends online in Forum Battles” is redundant, as you must be online to take part in the game at all.
      Done!
    • “Writing Stories is a great method”; stories shouldn’t be capitalized.
      Done!
    • “enter and compete”; would be better worded as ‘enter and compete in’.
      Done!
    • “You can adventure through the Main RP to interact with other players or go on your very own adventure with just you, your ranger, and your trusty Pokemon in the wilds of the Individual RP while visiting different areas to encounter various wild Pokémon.” is a very long and winding sentence. Putting another comma between ‘RP while’ would help some.
      Done!
    • “Contests are a RSE classic where” should be “Contests are an RSE classic, where”.
      Done!
    • “you also get to purchase Berries” is better worded as “you can purchase Berries”, as the original wording insinuates that you can do something in addition to what is actually listed.
      Done!
    • “Your imagination’s” is grammatically incorrect and should be “Your imagination is”.
      Done!
    • In the FAQ portion, “its outcome.” is better written as “the battle’s outcome”, for better clarity.
      Done!
    • “use every move that it can learn” can be clarified by writing it as “use any move that they can learn”.
      Done!
    • “This does not include the battle” doesn’t have a period at the end.
      Done!
    • “Beginner runs contain five low-tier encountered Pokemon, perfect for new members to use basics. This type of run will earn one full evolution stage.” should be clarified. It doesn’t menton if you still need evolution items for certain evolutions or not, among other possible evolutionary dependant conditions such as training or certain weather parameters.
      Done!
    • “Be on the lookout for FFAs, or Free For Alls”; it should be written as “Free-For-Alls”.
      Done!
    • “Users can also earn more money by converting P from AH into URPG cash or submit art or stories for cash instead of Pokemon captures.”; my understanding is that P is now a defunct currency, so having this here is more confusing and misleading than helpful.
      Done!
    • “Curators: Like graders,”; Graders should be capitalized here.
      Done!
    • “ it’s just your Pokemon versus the URPG-World in a 1v1v1v1 setting”; incorrect as FFAs require 6+ battlers. Should read “1v1v1v1v1v1+” or similar.
      Done!

Trainer Stats Directory:
    • It’s just overall not up-to-date. Many of the stats linked dead-end on Bulbagarden or other defunct past forums, and many newer players are not listed at all.
      This is something that will have to be redone on its own in the future, as we've talked about before. After the whole incident with Bulbagarden, its been pretty much out of business for the meantime. It'll hopefully be redone in the future, but for now, if you need a trainer's stats, just use the command to request a user's stats from our URPG Statsbot in the Discord server.

Hall of Fame:
    • Also hasn’t been updated for quite some time.
      Will get to it at a later time when I can look into everything more.
    • There is a styling error for the Mascot section, where the words are not on the correct lines and run together.
      Elrond appears to have fixed this.
    • The URPG Awards Hall of Fame doesn’t seem to have been updated since 2013.
      Will look into it.

The Legendary List:

• Also not up-to-date. Some temporary legends have expired for example.
      Updated now!
    • “After Hours RP: See this post.”; After Hours RP is defunct and this produces a dead link.
      Taken care of.

Project NUKEM:
    • Also terribly out-dated. Several NUKEM mon have either been replaced by others, or tied.
      Will get to this by Sunday most likely, wanted to see what I could get done for now and I'll take care of this when I have a bit more time.
    • Many links dead end on the Bulbagarden forums or other locations.
      Unfortunately something we cannot really fix. Best I could do for Bulbagarden ones is pull from the archive but no idea how that would work out. For now, we'll just go by the trust system on it and if you want to claim a NUKEM by passing the number currently on the mon, go for it.
    • The page cuts off the last line or two of listed Pokemon.
      This, however, I've fixed.

URPG Challenges:
    • There is no link to the forum threads where these challenges can be confirmed ( PWN | PXR )
      Added now!

URPG Rules:
    • Has multiple sections detailing After Hours RP, though the project is defunct and no longer exists. Has a dead link to the PWN forums.
    • “You purchase your Daycare Moves and Hidden Abilities at the Pokémart for $5,000 each. You get these instantly once they’re approved.”; the mart currently lists these as costing $4,000 not $5,000.
    • “You can not trade/tradeback just so the other party can teach your Pokémon TM/HM/BM/MT/SMs or feed your Pokémon Pokéblocks.”; Pokeblocks aren’t mentioned anywhere else and don’t seem to serve a purpose.
    • “If you feel your Ranger has gone inactive and you would like a new one, post in the Abandoned Runs thread asking for someone else to take over: (PWN | PXR)”; there are not any links actually present.
    • The URPG Staff section doesn’t seem to be totally up-to-date. Many new staff aren't listed, and staff that have left still are.
    • The link to Chroniclers in the URPG Staff section is a dead link. Not sure if this is even a valid role anymore or not since I can't find any info on it.

^ All done! ^

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,008 (0 Banked)

Minor update. As of Gen 5 Doom Desire and Future Sight can score Critical Hits!!

7. Likes Mako liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,356 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

The Reffing Encyclopedia stops numbering moves after Electroball. Dang bullets.

https://pokemonurpg.com/info/battles...-encyclopedia/
    you'll see how it's faded
    Elrond - Today at 1:43 PM
    stop it morru we all know ur fursona is a Houndoom crossed with a thestral