User Tag List

Thread: Murkrow

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,384 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Default Murkrow

Crossover with Raven from Teen Titans! Going for a Capture (Murkrow) here! All done on GIMP with a mouse (;_;). Background stuff is a composite of city wallpapers I found off Google Images. Clipped the barcode and other elements from comic book cover scans I also found online.

EDIT: Cleaned it up a bit, noticed some colors missing. Made the portal look like a Spiritomb.

Edit2: for secret santa so this is reduced to Medium
    Last edited by Mako; 01-14-18 at 12:19 AM.
    you'll see how it's faded
    Elrond - Today at 1:43 PM
    stop it morru we all know ur fursona is a Houndoom crossed with a thestral

2. Likes ~Elrond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,714 (8,967 Banked)

zomg. SO SORRY THIS WASNT CLAIMED.

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,714 (8,967 Banked)

TIME FLIES WHEN YOURE HAVING FUN I GUESS. SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY. COME BACK TO URPG. WE MISS YOU AF!!!!

Anyway, here's your curation. For something that was drawn with a mouse you, I can say the presentation makes impresses. There is depth despite cover designs usually being flat (are you sure youre a biologist and not secretly a professional graphic designer?). I half jest because the overall success of the design was a great compensation for the abstract, spacey background. I do think it is evident that you used a mouse due to the rough rendering of the shadows and the outlines are a bit rough and wonky (like in Raven's legs). Her breasts are a little flat and her shoulders are a little broad but that really doesn't matter sicne the focus is the Murkrow she is tending to. I think her face was also a bit clunky. Otherwise, your Raven holds strongly holding her precious mrkrow in hand. I am a little disappointed at the lack of finer shading...you have the colors right, but their transitions could be a little softer. That being said, including humans in the picture was a risk in itself.

I don't really like how the background is more detailed than the actual subject.

Regardless, the use of text harmonizes with the work as a whole: it fits the theme, and works to bring in the whole design. It was a cool idea to make the otherwise simple drawing into something more complex like a comic book color. Raven seems like she would harmonize with the darkness of murkrows.

Sorry this took so long!!!! :X Murkrow is caught! Once again, we miss you!!!! :x

Img Made by Morru/Mako

5. Likes Mako liked this post