Talk Is Cheap
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    924 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Sou View Post
    Sketchbook Biweekly: January 15th - January 31st

Truly | $6,500+
    14 sketches
    I guess I was kind of hoping the "breakdown" would include things like which two of my sketches for this period are getting 250, rather than 500, or why despite completing the full two weeks of submissions, it comes out to 6,500 + 0.

instead of 7,000 + 2,000

Also wait what?

January 15 - 31 isn't two weeks, it's two weeks and two extra days. How does that interact with the biweekly full-submission bonus? I didn't realize until I saw Lychee with "two extra" and thought, how did they submit 16 sketches in 14 days? And then realized they've earned 8,000 here, despite the guidelines telling us the most you can earn in a biweekly period is 7,000.

Since the length of each actual period isn't being given beforehand, I just assumed biweekly meant biweekly, but I guess I should have realized there was a precedent for it being 15-31, since that's what happened in December? But then, nobody completed enough for the bonus during that period.

If the idea is that for end-month periods, which are extra long, we should be submitting extra sketches to receive the biweekly completion bonus, can you at least make a note of that somewhere in the Getting Started thread? That way, in the future I'll be sure to only submit on start-of-month, 14-day long periods and not ruin the streak by only posting 14 sketches during the end-of-month period, assuming I was done.
    "Because it's always been this way" should never be an excuse to maintain a broken system.

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,074 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Yeah heads up I asked about this a month ago and was told you still get the bonus. I'll double check your thread but I'm pretty sure you should have, yeah.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,533 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    I guess I was kind of hoping the "breakdown" would include things like which two of my sketches for this period are getting 250, rather than 500, or why despite completing the full two weeks of submissions, it comes out to 6,500 + 0.

instead of 7,000 + 2,000

Also wait what?

January 15 - 31 isn't two weeks, it's two weeks and two extra days. How does that interact with the biweekly full-submission bonus? I didn't realize until I saw Lychee with "two extra" and thought, how did they submit 16 sketches in 14 days? And then realized they've earned 8,000 here, despite the guidelines telling us the most you can earn in a biweekly period is 7,000.

Since the length of each actual period isn't being given beforehand, I just assumed biweekly meant biweekly, but I guess I should have realized there was a precedent for it being 15-31, since that's what happened in December? But then, nobody completed enough for the bonus during that period.

If the idea is that for end-month periods, which are extra long, we should be submitting extra sketches to receive the biweekly completion bonus, can you at least make a note of that somewhere in the Getting Started thread? That way, in the future I'll be sure to only submit on start-of-month, 14-day long periods and not ruin the streak by only posting 14 sketches during the end-of-month period, assuming I was done.
    No, I’ve not posted more then the total amount before, so it wouldn’t change. All it was was showing everything for those particular two weeks. There was honestly a lot to cover and while I understand the idea (especially since the thought was to give some kind of feedback), I didn’t want to just point out, in public, which things were the ones tagged as 250 and 500. I can’t remember exactly which ones those were at the time.

As far as you not getting a bonus, it was probably a mistake on my part with trying to do multiple pay periods worth of stuff churned out. Things have been stressful irl and I’m prone to mistakes like anyone else. All I can do is look back and see what happened there.

In regards to the biweekly stuff. This is a NEW system, there are going to be kinks being worked out and its not going to take just a couple of months to really figure out what feels right. However, my DM’s on discord have always been open and had there been a question, you were free to ask me anytime and i’d respond when free.

In regards to the periods, I do not feel as though i need to make certain months longer for the biweekly bonus. 14 is fine for either and any extra days are just an added bonus. You could do the 14 and be done. The problem I learned when december came up was how messy doing strictly biweekly’s would be, as far as dates go. You’d be running slowly into each month and that could promote confusion.

I haven’t been able to update many things as of late but I have been doing that slowly the past week. I can’t say for certain it’ll be updated today or tomorrow, as there’s a few things that need to be updated anyway.

I’m a bit emotional this week after a long string of months of dealing with something irl and apologize if anything comes across strange in my wording. I’m admittedly tired.

edit: After looking, it was merely a mistake. I had the "+" sign, meaning I had planned to edit it in and forgot, as I add the bonus as the last thing once doing everyone's base.

As you haven't claimed yet, I can add the change here:

You can claim this amount, Truly, from that period of: January 1st - February 14th.
    $11,500
    Last edited by Sou; 03-07-18 at 05:23 PM.
    "Like the sea? Want to sail across the ocean to the end of days? Want to bring prosperity to the world?"
    Then Join Team Aqua in its quest to do just that!
    Click the banner below to visit our thread.
    You know you want to ;>

I mean... you get a cool banner after all! What's better then that? :)
    PokePet Box | URPG Stats | Wishlist

4. Likes Lychee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,533 (0 Banked)

Sketchbook Biweekly: March 1st - March 14th

Little bit of a wait, but payments below!

Payments Below!

@W32Coravint; | $1,750
    4 sketches

@Elrond; | $500
    1 sketch

@juliorain; | $1,000
    2 sketches

@Lychee; | $7,000 + ($2,000 weekly) = $9,000
    14 sketches
    "Like the sea? Want to sail across the ocean to the end of days? Want to bring prosperity to the world?"
    You know you want to ;>

6. Likes Lychee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,210 (0 Banked)

Claiming

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,074 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Claiming 1-14 March ! Thanks Sou!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    693 (8,967 Banked)

claiming

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Talk Is Cheap
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    924 (0 Banked)

claiming...
    "Because it's always been this way" should never be an excuse to maintain a broken system.

URPG StaffAce Member ModeratorAdministrator Elrond's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,614 (0 Banked)

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    5,533 (0 Banked)

Sketchbook Biweekly: March 15th - March 31st

Payments incoming! Congrats again Lychee on a full month of sketches!

Payments Below!

@juliorain; | $500
    1 sketch

@Lychee; | $8,000 + ($2,000 weekly) + ($2,000 monthly) = $12,000
    17 sketches
    You know you want to ;>