Thread: helping hands

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,386 (0 Banked)

Default helping hands

helping hands

latias and latios sibs?!

Welcome to the After Hours 2017 December Event, Helping Hands! This event draws inspiration largely from our newly created Soul Confidants system, which rewards the beautiful relationship building done between your character and another's~! Read more about the Soul Confidants system here!

In this event, creating characters that support and love one another (or the opposite?!) is highly encouraged! Basically, this event kickstarts the Soul Confidants System as well as Wanted Ads. You know what Soul Confidants are, but for those who are unaware of what a Wanted Ad is, it's a call for another player to create a character that is deeply relevant or connected in some way to your own character. Does your Espeon character have Eevee siblings from his past he's desperately trying to unite with?... does your Human character have a rival from her school days that she's doomed to cross paths with? With Wanted Ads, the sky is the limit in terms of plotting and planning!

Wanted Ads are the perfect opportunity to post a request for the character "missing" in general, in order for another character to complete the request. An old and more thorough (and embarrassing) example of a wanted ad may be found here: a character seeking brothers!

Wanted Ads are a wonderful opportunity to encourage 1-1 private threads, or non-mission threads, between your character and another player's. Because the characters are inherently connected to each other, there's plenty of opportunity for immersion and more long-term role playing immediately then there might be for characters who meet each other out of the blue! In this event for Invitational, there'll be a lot of good spread for completing someone else's soul, whether that's in a positive or negative way, or anything in between!

how it works!

x) in order to participate, you begin by posting your "Wanted" ad in the thread below! This wanted ad can take on any structure and can be as long as you wish for it to be - a few sentences describing a character who used to be childhood acquaintances with your own, or you may type a novel request for someone who's known your character their whole life!

x) once someone accepts your wanted ad, by contacting you via forum / discord and you approving for them to make that wanted ad, said player may make the character and post an Official application in the Character Applications board! Note: the person who's taking the Wanted Ad must make the character application, not the requester of the ad.

the goodies!

This is where it gets good!

Once someone has accepted your Wanted Ad, your character and their character then receive an additional P1,500 upon acceptance into AH! This will be in addition to the P600 the newly created character receives for acceptance.

The duo will automatically have established the Level One bond for Soul Confidants! You must still submit the form for tracking purposes, but simply type in the names into the Google form and place "n/a" for everything else!

Both characters will also receive a free level one ability!

You may request and / or create a maximum of two wanted characters for the event duration! As a final additional bonus, players who make a Wanted ad character do not have to fulfill the "15 IC posts on the previous character" rule in order to make a new one!

This event will run from today until December 31st 2017 at 11:59 PST! Bring in the new year with some love!

Enjoy!

completed ships!

post to claim wonderful things in thread <3

@W32Coravint; Rhiannon Wilkerson & Smiles Blessing Bell
    Last edited by Smiles; 12-11-17 at 08:31 PM.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,386 (0 Banked)

wanted to make this pretty but decided to just jot down thoughts for now and tidy things up later ;;

#1 best friends and betrayals

a matchy match <3 this lovely lady is Blessing's age (or around there) and I strongly conceptualize her as a Darkrai PokeSoul, though any dark or ghost type would be fantastic too! Her past is pretty up to you, though in the current moment I'd headcanon that she's a single child or has just one or two elder or younger siblings aboard the urpg space station. When it comes to the space station, she's currently either a student or could actually be a "dangerous" pokesoul trapped in the underground chambers - I think the latter option would be a lot of fun, in terms of breaking her out the chambers and the reason she'd be there in the first place, and I would like to note too that she doesn't necessarily have to be a legendary for this to work if you want it to! <3

basically, Blessing's powers and "domains of knowing" happen largely in her sleep. On the surface, i'd love for these two girls to meet and become fast friends - though how that friendship shifts and transforms over the months is entirely up to us! for the entirety of the few months bless has been awake, she hasn't been able to do schooling things / most other teen things cause she sleeps throughout the week, and having a friend here to actually "explore" her dreams could awaken some... monstrous things in her, one being the wish granting ability that she's never really used / has no awareness of! she also has no idea she has jirachi in the present time, though when consequences are over she'll suddenly become aware of the power to levitate and lift things with her mind, which is gonna make her feel like she's losing her mind!

leading to... I think it would be AMAZING if this character could have some drive to grant some major, crazy wish. Is she trying to bring back a tribe of people from the dead (and all the feelings and evils that would incur by just hoping for it)? hunt down the wishes of the world? discover what she misses the most? i think there's a lot of room for engaging possibility and betrayal when it comes to figuring out your friend has a power like that! Once Bless finds out why, I'm sure she'd love to help her friend pursue that path to the ends of the world - but i'd also loveeee if there was drama and secrets and a buncha shoujo themes all the while!

Personality is also entirely up to you ^^

EDIT: lovely gal has been taken by W32Coravint!! <3

#2 twins

I'd nab one and you the other - one human, one PokeSoul, any combination of gender identity - but i'd just really love to do an overarching story of two siblings trying to survive, loving each other, then dying when they realize how their differences bring them further and further apart. I think I'd particularly like to see either the human or the pokeSoul as particularly strong, difficult to control their powers! they can be on earth, on the pokeworld itself wandering as two humanish-things, or on the space center too! I will prolly add more to this for sure, but just wanted to put out there <3

OH OH also i'd love to do a billion AU's for this in particular! magic realism, a current-day AU for these lovely twins, an AU in which they're okay, an AU in which their roles are reversed on multiple levels, a gender bend AU... I GET REALLY INTO THESE
    Last edited by Smiles; 12-08-17 at 10:05 AM.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    600 (0 Banked)

Claiming 1500 P on Rhiannon and level 1 Silvertongue on her inner evil light source

※ note that the ability is only for Adrian, the Pokémon within, because he's an evil manipulative jurk

4. Likes Smiles liked this post