User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Winter Writing Competition 2017!

pink ball Administrator Mistral's Avatar
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    21,791 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    I'm surprised people voted for Mistral's article over QE's story. I hope the grade gets posted in the thread eventually, I'm curious to see if it even passes a medium rank.
    Claiming 3k.
    I'm going to ignore the unnecessarily rude comment you made about people voting for my story over QE's because personally, I don't give two shits about this competition or my placement in it. I lost, and that's that. I didn't even know my story was in this round until Mikey mentioned it to me last night because that's how uninterested I am with URPG right now. (And believe me, I've made attempts to try and enjoy this game again over the course of the past several weeks after everything has died down, and I've been unable to find that enjoyment that I once had before everything started going to shit.)

As for the grade, since you're curious if it passed or not, yes, it did pass at Medium rank. If you want to see the grade for yourself, you can reach out to Magikchicken as he's the one that graded it. I'm personally not going to share the grade publicly, even though my time in this competition has come to an end, as I cannot really speak for the decisions he made when he came to the conclusion of passing my story.

Talk Is Cheap
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    924 (0 Banked)

Ok.
    I apologize, that was shitty of me. I rewrote it a couple of times but I shouldn't have said anything at all.

It's not often that I say or do something that I'm ashamed of, but I think I crossed that line today, and I feel bad about it.
    Sorry, again.
    Last edited by Truly; 02-13-18 at 10:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    839 (0 Banked)

I'll claim my vote money, and start plotting ideas for the summer writing contest :)

Thanks again to all those who contributed stories to this - and especially, thanks to Smiles for organizing and running it. Without folks like you, this would all just be fanfic in the dark.
    Resurrected stats (still under renovation!):
    http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/sho...3-Evan-s-Stats

4. Likes Lychee liked this post
    Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,045 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Claiming vote money! Hooray for everyone!
    and thankyou to everyone too!

I wish we could have a writing comp every season! This is great fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,878 (0 Banked)

CHA CHA CHA, THE ENDING IS HERE.

I didn't get a chance to hunt down a good trophy gif / image, nor could I be bothered to code some colorful fancy text. All I have is plain-colored text. Firstly, congratulations to every single writer who entered the competition this season. You're the embodiment of warriors who charge with words, opening up worlds beyond our imagination. This was a particularly tough season, filled with rough competition and unyielding tides. Regardless of results, you should all be immensely proud for writing and carrying on the dream.

And now.

BUM BUM BUM.

The results to the end of your 2017-2018 Winter Writing Competition!

In third place, we have...

Spoiler:
    Imeja the Witch with 12 points!

Thanks so much to Lychee for writing this compelling tale. Magic lives in all of us, and we sometimes distort our world as much as the world disrupts us. For placing third in this competition, Lychee may claim $5,000 and a Medium Pokemon! Great job, Lychee!

For our second place, we have...

Spoiler:
    it's a long way back to eden, sweetheart with 13 points!

Congratulations to Origamidragons! A compelling writer rising up by leads and bounds, we're so happy to see Ori both return to the section and write in exceptional style. Thanks for writing this lovely and warm AH tale of love and the things that make us human for each other. You're incredible! Please enjoy $8,000 and a Hard Pokemon!

Your WWC Victor claiming first...

Spoiler:
    {chimerical} with 18 points!

The story Queen comes again to claim her title, for the last time! There is an Ultra Beast and a Silvanus inside all of us, and this story demonstrates how to make it okay, have your heart broken and rebuilt again and again, despite it all, even when it all ends. Thanks so much for everything Elysia has ever done, and for leaving this incredible gift with the game. For claiming first, she may also claim a Complex Pokemon and $10,000!

MORE GREAT GIFTS -

Thanks so much to the faithful voters! Please claim $3,000!

@Ralin; @Gray Nine; @Lychee; @PV; @Magikchicken; @VeloJello; @evanfardreamer; @Elrond;

FOR OUR REALLY GREAT VOTERS who voted every round! Thank you so much for your dedication and support of these incredible artists! Your love really goes a long way!

Please claim a Story Pass in addition to these great goods <3 !

@Lychee; @PV; @Magikchicken; @evanfardreamer; @Elrond; @VeloJello;

Thanks everyone for a great competition! For reading, for writing, for supporting and dreaming. Don't let the story end here. Keep on going!

Spoiler:

* chosen by Ral this time kek
    * for the bucket warrior ❤
    and so much more

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,567 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Claiming!

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    680 (0 Banked)

Claiming my cash & pass. Thankyou Smiles <3

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,045 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Claiming 5k, 3k, story pass and a Stantler as my Medium Pokemon :D

THANKS so much everyone for voting! Thanks smiles for hosting! Hooray for reading all the cool Pokemon themed works people made!

Super Moderator URPG StaffAce Member ModeratorSuper Moderator Elrond's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,377 (0 Banked)

Congratulations, everyone! Claiming my 3k and a Story Pass. Thank you, Smiles!

Talk Is Cheap
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    924 (0 Banked)

ah crap. The other weeks' votes were closed on monday, but this week's were sunday... I guess I realized too late.

gj story winners
    "Because it's always been this way" should never be an excuse to maintain a broken system.