User Tag List

Thread: What If's

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,878 (0 Banked)

Default What If's

How often do you chase hypothetical's? What are some big what if questions you grapple with?

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    941 (0 Banked)

All the time :P . I love speculating about alternate history!

Or, I might speculate about my past life: for example, what if I had chosen to study at a different university? Or, in an argument between Friend A and Friend B, where I sided with Friend A and lost Friend B as a result, I'll wonder about what might have happened had I sided with Friend B and lost Friend A. Which, to be honest, I probably shouldn't do: that's not the kind of thing that it's healthy to dwell on :P .

Secretly a viera
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    9,100 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if my parents never left Italy to come here in the US, I'd live in Italy of course but I would wonder how my life would have gone and what kind of friends would I have, would even be on PWN? Yeah nothing too ground breaking nor is it anything heavy, but it is interesting thinking about what would have happened nonetheless.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    1,046 (0 Banked)

"What ifs irl"? That's what forum-based RPs are for :P
    Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive

Bubblebeam
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,074 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

I try not to think on "what if" scenarios from the past too much.
    It seems too close to regret, and the past isn't something I can change the facts of- only my perspective on what happened and how I feel. An occasional wistful 'what if I had met you when I was younger' does cross my mind, and usually freaks me out! Generally because the differences in age between me and my friends dont matter so much anymore, but during school they mattered a lot. It's really wierd to think that my best friend now probably finished highschool before I started it, or that I might have been running peer support mentoring camps for people I dated. Eeeesh. So then I'm usually like, 'Oh, I'm so glad that what-if never came to pass, because then I probably couldn't like this person the way I do now!'

The main what-if things I think about are about the future though-
    What if I went to Peru and just never came back?
    What if I learned to sail and went to Antarctica and made friends with a whale?
    What if one day I am just in the right place at the right time and win a million dollars?
    What if one day I am in the wrong place at the wrong time and end up embroiled in a massive scale drug smuggling cartel?
    What if I tried to buy a house and start a family?
    What if I never start a family at all?
    The possibilities are endless- endlessly good and endlessly bad, endlessly neutral, and it makes my mind spin a bit! I like the feeling!