600 (0 Banked)

Default experimentation and theories [Mithenne Soulgazer's Notebook]

Mithenne Soulgazer's Notebook

Experimentation and Theories

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    600 (0 Banked)

The Eighteen Aspects
    My research has led me to believe that there are eighteen aspects from which our moves' power originates.
    Aspect Human "Type"
    Notes
    Unaugmented Normal I think this might be the base form of aspects' energy.
    Igneous Fire This probably corresponds to the human classical element of fire.
    Hydration Water This probably corresponds to the human classical element of water.
    Charged Electric I don't know, I came up with the name after several hours of thinking.
    Arboreal Grass Contrary to the implications of human nomenclature, arboreal energy comes mainly from nature, especially photosynthesizing organisms, as a whole as opposed solely to grass. Photosynthesis was a solely human term, by the way.
    Frigid Ice Another way the human nomenclature is incorrect - while frigid energy and Pokemon aligned with this aspect are more common in cold regions of the world, and this aspect does involve ice as in the solid form of water, it primarily involves reduction of temperature.
    Combative Fighting My research indicates that this energy may be present where hand-to-hand combat or other martial arts-related activities take place.
    Toxic Poison
    Terranean Ground This probably corresponds to the human classical element of earth.
    Aviatory Flying This may correspond to the human classical element of air, though charged energy may also play a part.
    Mental Psychic I have done much research on my own energy and have discovered that fluctuations in both my mental and lunar energy output decrease as I become less willing to fight.
    Insectile Bug
    Lithic Rock This probably corresponds to the human classical element of earth.
    Spectral Ghost
    Draconic Dragon
    Malevolent Dark Human nomenclature calls this the Dark-type, though it is more to do with evil than the absence of light, hence the name "Evil type" in some Earth languages.
    Metallic Steel Human nomenclature may be overly specific, as other metal-related concepts such as ferromagnetism also play a part.
    Lunar Fairy See the note for mental energy.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    600 (0 Banked)

A Meeting with (Selected Members of) the Third Scientific Association
    I met up with a few other Pokémon earlier. They told me they were from a group known as the Third Scientific Association. Apparently they got their name after the first and second associations disbanded.

The aspect names I have given have been altered to match their system, which uses the human system of aspect names. I don't see why I shouldn't, seeing as these are the first fellow scientists I've met and they seem to be part of an established group.
    Former Aspect Name Human and 3.SA Equivalent
    Unaugmented Normal
    Igneous Fire
    Hydration Water
    Charged Electric
    Arboreal Grass
    Frigid Ice
    Combative Fighting
    Toxic Poison
    Terranean Ground
    Aviatory Flying
    Mental Psychic
    Insectile Bug
    Lithic Rock
    Spectral Ghost
    Draconic Dragon
    Malevolent Dark
    Metallic Steel
    Lunar Fairy
    I have also gathered some ideas from their equipment. Of note is their use of a sort of stained glass visor that reveals sources of aspected energy nearby. This may be useful for locating Pokémon and other sources of energy.

I would like to begin work on a similar visor with enhanced features; however, I require energy samples of high purity to do so, which I cannot reasonably acquire with the tools currently in my possession. I shall request for these samples from the Third Scientific Association when I am reasonably acquainted with them; even then, I do not know their policy on asking for valuable samples from their collection. Thus, I will also work on improving the tools I can use at this moment.