User Tag List

Thread: fresh air (mercy: rockruff)

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    707 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Default fresh air (mercy: rockruff)

@Smiles; we will definitely be talking about this mission in DMs lmao, pls tell me if u need clarifications <3

Post (Rockruff > Lycanroc): 0

---

After the unholy mix of a fragrance bomb and a stink bomb, Serena couldn't have been any more blind.

The flowery scent that should have cleansed the noxious odor only mixed in it and provided a traitorous stench that blocked Serena's sense that compensated for her blindness. She shuffled across the forest, as her companion told her, waving her cane hastily, until she bumped into a tree and dropped her cane. She could not reach out and look (or feel for it?) for it, so she unwillingly ditched it for her safety. What if the perpetrator of the stink bomb was stalking her?

Serena reached out for her inner self, and raised up the Rockruff inside of her. A dog-like Pokemon who gave a fourteen-year old girl a chance to see the world in another sense. She knew the dog could find their way out of the stench if she let it be, and so it did. From bipedal to all fours, Serena ran through the forest, her sense of smell heightened by the Rockruff's control, segregating the stench and the pleasant breeze.

The sudden gust of a cool breeze gave Serena a breath of fresh air. She guessed that she was in a clearing. The Rockruff inside of her retreated, knowing well that it did them well. Rather standing up straight, the girl sat into the ground. According to the warmth of the sun in her skin, it was probably three in the afternoon. She took her backpack and inspected her belongings, until she grabbed a long rod with a wick at the bottom. She reached into her bag again, and took a small flask with a switch on it.

Serena raised the side of the rod away from her face, and flicked the switch of the flask near its wick. A whistling sound was then followed by a sharp bang! across the sky. She wondered if her companion noticed her flare, or if she was conscious in the first place. She could even take someone, anyone, to help her find her way back, to either her companion or the camp near the forest.

But for now, Serena could only wait. With her sense of smell cleared up again, she stayed in her place and began sniffing for clues as to where she was now.

2. Likes ~Elysia, Smiles liked this post
    ♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,358 (0 Banked)

He was an ex-Protector: swearing his services to no one, fulfilling no duty, living out his days by promising to save people in his heart and never in writing. So that’s how, on a crisp day, a young Mercy Jennings finds himself roaming EarthWorld yet again, scouting out clues pertaining to missing relatives and loved ones. It’s been a few months spent in this cycle of remorse and knowing, knowing so intimate, that he’ll never truly find what he’s looking for. Somewhere along the way, his path changed. He switched from searching for those who No Longer were to those who were here on this planet earth, alive and breathing despite all that befall humanity just ten years ago. Time has its own way of toying with his heart.

That’s how a young man bounds down a meadow, bathed in the afternoon sunshine framed by the rippling curtain of fire from a Rapidash’s mane. Arke rises at a magnificent height of seven feet, a unicorn signaled by the horn sprouting outwards from a majestic triangular face. The mighty Rapidash gallops along at an extraordinary pace, toting a tall young man in a faded military jacket and worn boots. They’ve got no specific course by this point, but the gait would say something different: for they ride with alacrity towards whatever comes next.

So when a flare soars across the sky, soaking the world in orange and red, Arke and Mercy’s hearts are aligned towards the destination. All these years later, and Mercy’s heart is still set on saving people. He rides on this feral, this amazing beast that he was once taught to slay and rip limb from limb - but now he’ll choose on his own terms who deserves protection and how to offer that care. With fire in his eyes, the youth rides forward. A pompadour of crimson hair billows in the breeze, sunshine smiling upon the duo. Arke and Mercy were made to save people. Ever since they met, that’s what this Pokemon and Human knew so intimately about each other.

When the duo reach a clearing, the human man leaps off the Rapidash with immense grace. Arke snorts upon staring at the body of a young woman in the meadow, dislodged flare in her hand, backpack by her side. It’s Arke’s way of saying hello; and Mercy’s way of doing the same is to walk up to a meter’s radius of the young girl.

“You okay, ma’am?” the young man asks her, extending a hand though keeping his distance. “I saw a flare and ran to help. I’m a human, once on the protector unit though no longer. My buddy there’s Arke, the friendliest and most intelligent of beings I’ve ever met.” Honesty shines in his eyes; Arke snorts again, majestic being turning her head towards the young girl on the ground.

@Voltaire Magneton;

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    707 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

@Smiles; mfw i made a slight toph ripoff lmao

you are one post in! <3

---

Serena's sense of smell mapped the surroundings around here. Even with the thick growth of trees around the clearing she was in, her nose, aided by the Rockruff inside of her, picked out the distinct smells she wanted to pick up. A distinct smell of flowers was detected in front of her. To her left, the scent of freshwater tickled her senses.

However, Serena also picked up a new, unfamiliar scent. An earthy smell, of the farmers trying to cultivate crops in her camp, but there was also the smell of smoke, or was it fire? Shortly after, a loud neigh blasted through the silence of the clearing, followed by a thud, and a Human voice and a snort from someone else.

“You okay, ma’am? I saw a flare and ran to help. I’m a human, once on the protector unit though no longer. My buddy there’s Arke, the friendliest and most intelligent of beings I’ve ever met.”

Serena turned her head to the apparent direction of the new voice. The flare did attract someone else, but the Human seemed willing to help her. And maybe she could enlist him for her original plan, too.

"Thank you for noticing the flare. My name's Serena. I was with my companion and we're tasked to do something for our base outside of this forest, but we were intercepted, and we lost contact of each other. I tried looking for possible ways where we could go, but I'm blind, and I might got some things wrong. To the north I think there's a flower field? I was hoping my companion went there to replenish her powers. To my left there seems to be a river, my companion told me I could follow it downstream if I wanted to go back to our base. But I'd wish that to be my last resort, we don't want to get scolded by our authorities, and we were already in trouble as is."

Serena tried to stand up on her own, she did not (and could not) know if the newcomer offered to help, but it was unnecessary. She went towards the Human, with the help of his scent as a guide. Serena grabbed what she thought was the Human's arm as her alternative cane. Hopefully, he knew how to help blind people like her. "Is that a horse you have with you? I'm sorry but I cannot ride them, the Rockruff in me prefers to have my feet in the ground, he gets agitated if I don't. We need to hurry, though. I think the one who attacked me a while ago might be on my tracks."

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,358 (0 Banked)

Mercy listens carefully, attentively. Heart beat slows as he recognizes a key factor upon the young woman’s face: the telling mystical orbs of whites in the eyes, whirling of the non-seeing. Mercy finds it immediately beautiful and is moved to protect the young one as much as he can, this small trait of their humanity amplified in the already deranged state of the world.

“Hey there Serena,” he says softly this time. The impeccable sense of smell for this one boggles his mind a little bit! But the ex-protector doesn’t think too much about it; superhuman senses, after all, remind him of seven other siblings who were very superhuman in their own right -

“Onward to the flowers, we’ll go!” he says enthusiastically, hoping a greater articulation in his words will help all that she can’t see upon his expression: the curiosity, the worry behind what sort of trouble may have transpired between this lady and her companion. Eyes darken; orange eyebrows bunch, aware of oncoming danger. “What sorta crooked authorities are on your heels, if I may so ask, ma’am?” he asks, the enthusiasm quickly dripping from his throat. He knows, intimately, that feeling of losing trust in those who were supposed to be the ultimate when it came to positions of power. How they’d twist their words and work against the very people they swore to protect.

Arke neighs again at the prospect of her own dismissal. “Filthy mutt,” she supplies in playful disdain. Mercy breaks for a second to see the Rapidash off, pressing forehead to the creature's mighty own as it cranes down to meet him. Urgency. It becomes more apparent with every passing second; Arke knows this as well as Mercy, so she’s off the next second, bulleting towards the sun.

“I’ll get you there at lightning speed! What exactly happened for you to be separated? Are there more who may need assistance?” the human asked as he took her arm in his without a second thought. The ex-protector walked forward quickly, long stride breezing by the gargantuan trees and twisted roots. He carefully guided Serena around the jutting rock, hoping that his gait wasn’t too quick!

@Voltaire Magneton;

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    707 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

@Smiles; two posts in! :D

---

Serena's new companion (She then suddenly realized she did not know his name.) was surprisingly energetic, based on his tone of voice. She welcomed it, she would let him be the brighter person here. Meanwhile, she heard the quick departure of her companion's horse. Without the equine other, the air near her was now clear of the smell of smoke and fire. Serena had someone to assist her now, so she did not need the air to be any more clean.

Serena's companion asked questions along the way. She guessed that the travel time must be that long for the other person, since the latter could actually see how long this would take, so she entertained him. There was nothing she had to hide about this.

"We have a base camp outside of this forest because we are a small part of the Surface Society's efforts to reclaim the Aboveground. We have our resources delivered to us regularly, but these last few weeks the delivery team arrived with damaged goods. But we were very worried by the fact that the goods were ruined because of a very bad stench. Because of that, our team leader tasked my friend to locate the one who attacked the delivery team. My friend is an Aromatisse PokeSoul and she's older than me and also an expert on smells. She took me secretly because of inclusion? And first-hand experiences? Something like that.

"So we went to this forest, just the two of us. However, the one we were looking for found us first, so we were attacked and we were unprepared. All I know that it was a stinky creature, smelled like rotten eggs and something else. My Rockruff was so averse to it that I wasn not able to understand everything and panicked. My friend made me run away and that's where we got lost."

Now that Serena told these all to her companion, she was able to comprehend properly, without the distraction of an agitated Rockruff to fog out her thoughts. In every step they took, the scent of flowers heightened her senses. But she was more enticed by the definite scent of concentrated perfume, mixed with a tiny remnant of the stench from the incident. Serena was confident her friend was in the direction they were taking.

After a short walk through overgrown roots and rocky paths, Serena and her companion reached another clearing, but this time, the place was full of flowers. But Serena's nose picked up the scent of someone much more important.

Concentrated rose perfume with a residue of stench.

Serena rushed to the direction of the scent haphazardly (Fortunately, there was nothing to trip her.) and reached to a body lying down in the bed of flowers. When she felt the body's hand and face, she confirmed her identity, and her emotions swelled up.

"Rosa! Are you okay?" Serena said, her voice shaking. She looked towards the apparent direction of her companion and said, "Is she okay? Is she unconscious? What happened? Is she wounded?"

---

Rosa woke up to her body being shaken. Even before she could open her eyes, the distraught voice she was hearing told her everything she needed to know.

"I'm okay, Serena," Rosa said as she opened her eyes to look at her reunited companion. Serena looked okay, if not for the face that looked very worried. Rosa wondered how her companion traveled through the forest and found her safely, until she saw a stranger, standing tall.

"Oh, I don't think we have met. I'm Rosa, Serena's friend, and you are?" Rosa said, talking to the stranger who she guessed was the one who helped Serena.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,358 (0 Banked)

Mercy listened to Serena’s words carefully, gently linking their elbows together all the while. The fight to reclaim the Aboveground, huh? Mercy chuckled to himself, closed his eyes contentedly and shone a small smile her way. He hoped the smile would reflect in his tone, anyway! “Way to go. If you need any reinforcements, I may have some names for you,” he responded with a darker shine in his eyes. He was once one of those dauntless men and women, fighting for control over the cities and villages humanity called their own. He remembers slugging contests with hordes of houndoom, viscerally remembers cut and blood paired with the downfall of his comrades -

“Sounds like the enemy’s still out there, then.” Mercy narrowed his eyes at the distance and flexed his free wrist. At any point, he had to be ready for a tussle, for the fall of their defenses and to face, head-on, whoever it was that originally attacked their camp. He figures then that they must also be short-staffed: a team of two, to face the enemy alone? Mercy grimaces. It’s a hard world out there, support reinforcements are short, and he knows well what it’s like to have to just give it your all despite knowing that you’re up for a losing battle.

But the young man was pulled out of his thoughts quickly however as Serena began racing forward! The scent and field of flowers overcame him instantly, contrasted with the body lain over the ground. Mercy’s heart jumped; now or never - . He knew well what could happen if you were just two seconds too late -

“Stay with us!” he shouted as he bent down to one knee, placing the back of his palm over the aromatisse host’s head. “She’s got a pulse,” he responded to Serena, using the index finger on her neck as an anchor from his living body to hers. The barrage of questions hit him simultaneously as all the realizations about him - Mercy Jennings, for all he was, was a soldier, not a healer. He’s been in this situation more than once. There’s nothing he can actually do, no magical abilities that heal limbs and spring life back into broken bodies, he’s worthless.

But then she rises.

“Mercy Jennings,” he says, a little exasperated when she comes to. The young man tugs his jacket off, shrugs it over the shoulders of the conscious girl. “Can you remember where you last were?”

Human, though he is, he tries as hard as he can. Check for concussions. Check for internal bleeding. Check to see that this person’s all still in the right place.

“If you can walk, you may have to do so soon, Rosa,” he tells her, gently but firmly. “This place is dangerous.”

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    707 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

@Smiles; AAAAHHHHH APOLOGIES I AM SO TIRED BC UNI AND I HAVE TO RESERVE ALL MY CREATIVE JUICES FOR MY PROJECTS BUT I HAVE TO PUT THIS OUT BC ITS OVERDUE AND AT LEAST YOU CAN HAVE AT LEAST A WEEK BEFOER I START MY PAINFUL HELL WEEK TOMORROW :weary2:

3 posts in! [273 words]

---

Mercy (Serena finally knew, thankfully he said his name) went near Rosa and draped his jacket over her. Serena realized that the two of them were helpless in the health department if ever Rosa did have a dangerous injury. Fortunately, Rosa looked fine. However, Serena wondered why her companion was immobile moments ago. And why was she smelling like death?

Before Serena could think of the situation any further, Mercy said to the both of them that the place was dangerous, and that they needed to go away from here quickly.

"I think I could stand up now, but I could use a few seconds to breathe, I still feel dizzy," Rosa said. "I got attacked with a stink bomb and I could only escape up to here before I fainted. My Aromatisse told me she's been healing me while I was down, but she's also recuperating her energy with these flowers."

Serena seemed to notice that the scent of flowers were breezing towards Rosa's direction, which confirmed what she said.

A sudden smell.

Even amongst the flowers and Rosa's smell, Serena managed to detect a bit of stench. It was very familiar, and she knew things were about to be dangerous.

"Mercy, Rosa, I think I could smell something. It could be the previous attacker, the smell's very familiar. Do we run now, or do we wait for it to arrive?" Rosa asked the two.

Serena did not know if Mercy could defend her and Rosa, at least until Rosa could heal herself back fully. Serena started to psych up herself and prepared to have her Rockruff assist her for the fight.