User Tag List

Thread: shadowplay

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,445 (0 Banked)

Default shadowplay

Spoiler:
    • 3-5 quality posts per stage are required for a player trying to evolve a 3-stage Pokemon
    • 5-7 quality posts are required for a player trying to evolve a 2-stage Pokemon

@Ralin;

:eyes: HEUHEU

#1 // 350

Hymane’s set to walk the earth three times.

The first time will be an observation of everything he’s come to know of planet earth. The smashed buildings, the plants sprouting upwards from abandoned towns, the screams sticking to walls of people who’ve long fled the surface. Hyamane drags a stick behind him as he walks, marking his path through nature that flourishes without man’s influence. Here’s a teenage boy with dark skin and big bright eyes dimmed only by the deprivation of others. He’s got on a tshirt with an elephant on it and some jeans, no stranger to earth world customs, a fled habitant of the underground. All of these clothes sag on his small frame for a kid his age, making the dubious one look somehow even more innocent.

The second iteration will be to do his duty, actually. To request help and service for a village hidden away in the mountains, the one he’s been adopted into without his own wishing of it. Hymane’s steps are slow and his expression is gentle, but in this version of his walk, his eyes are even darker. Absorbing the sights and gazes of the scant few who pass him, ferals slipping through him like rain to a shadow. It’s a dark night, but Hymane doesn’t measure time too well in this stage. He’ll wander and wander, dragging boots through mud-stricken plains and vast valleys, finding the one.

The third time to walk the earth is his own secret. Now Hymane approaches one who stalks the shadows, a benefactor of moonlight that pools over the world in a wide, sweeping wave. “Fenrie,” Hymane calls, voice departed from this earth. His stick is dropped in lieu of his hand rising, reaching out to hold or… elsewise. “Will you come with me?” he asks to what seems like vacant space, his own body a morass of swirling shadow. But his human body is still there, this boy who’s not quite a boy anymore, with the big eyes darker than the bottom of the ocean. Ruffled hair and sandy boots. “I need a hero.”

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,949 (0 Banked)

289 1/7

Yaaaas
    ---
    Elhardt could feel it wrap around his heart. Not his heart, their heart. Together they came to a decison. Temptation was strong, the strongest of things to ever put its force upon their mangled and intertwined soul. This was their mutual god, the one thing their faith had poured itself into.

His eyes stared towards the tangled mass.

"Let me take this! Let me be in charge! They're asking for me! Me! Me! Me!" A voice growled in speech that sounded melded together, inhumane, robotic, but it was definitely the voice of a beast. The breath of Fenrie's soul within him tickeld his neck. Hairs stood up, reaching for everything and everything. Apprehensively, he reached put to the shadow. Every part of him knew this was going to be wrong. But that's what made it feel so right.

Something was different about this creature, or man. (He wasn't sure who or what it was, but it had an offer.) Mayhe for the first time, the beast wanted something more than him. Fenrie let out a laugh. Elhardt's vision faded into red as his hand went upwards. Everything shook. His consciousness felt a limpness, a lack of control.

His voice became a growl that festered past the lungs and from the stomach. The body of Elhardt seemed to remain the same, but the way their smile curled said the opposite. His eyes glistened red. His teeth jutted out from beneaht his lips, ready to bite.

A hero. That's what the man requested for, but all he heard was "need." To need was something he could get behind. Something they both understood too well. Fenrie took their hand into his. He felt an odd sensation course through him. Was this delight?
    "...And the silence will not cover me."

STATS || POKEMON || CONTESTS ||AFTER HOURS

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,445 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:
    @Ralin; Elhardt: Post 1

YESSSSS!! <3

#2 // wc: 321

Hymane watches the man morph into a beast in the night. Shackles upon his control loosen to unleash everything he might be - this passionate, roaming person of immense interest to the young teen. Something shifts in the air suddenly, because Elhardt’s hand slices through the night. Hymane sticks where he is. Apprehension seizes him for one second; does this other man mean to strike or to string their hands together? Hymane watches and waits until destiny comes to him. A fierce growl rumbles out through the night, followed by a grin that could be devastating to many far and wide. Then suddenly, the man encloses Hymane’s hand in his own hand.

“Hero,” Hymane whispers, dark eyes hovering over their hands. “Fenrie and Elhardt. Hero.”

Something insidious stirs within him. Black aura surges out of him, one shade slightly split from the night. Its oppressive hold haunts a five meter radius around the boy, sucking Elhardt into his bubble of doom. The air between them now is slightly shiny; but Hymane’s eyes darken evermore. The shadow tag wraps around Elhardt, disappearing into the skin. Now it leaves a black rope intertwined between Hymane’s little finger and Elhardt’s bigger pinkie. He hopes for no escape for what will happen next.

“Hero,” he whispers again. Voice comes breathless, words fallen apart from the body, as if recited from a corpse. “I’ve been sent to find you, hero.” It’s then the wynaut pokesoul sends a telepathic image his way - of his village, a hundred tiny wynaut pokesouls like him, huddled in immense fear. There is a huge monstrosity roaming near the cave, hazy from the boy’s projected memories, a faint vision of steel tearing through the night.

Then three more telepathic images follow. In each snippet, a boy wanders the earth, desperately hoping to find one to take down the monster. Or to be taken down himself.

“Hero.” One more time. “Come kill for me.”

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,949 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:
    SCREECHES

321 words!

Hero. Was he one? Hell no. Why was he called so then? No idea.

The air shifted between them. No, not shifted. The air became real. It became a presence. The world began to constrict the shared body of the two. Tightening. Deep breaths. A black string finds its way around his pinky finger. He wants to snarl, to spit at the creature, the boy, but he cannot. There is something about the helplessness of this boy he cannot help but see in himself. Darkness, the one thing he had always known covers this boy. He is no plaything, he is not a threat. He is a comrade.

Images. Boys cowering alone, to be a meal for something. That something wandered outside of their hiding place. Did it know of them? Did it move on instinct? Questions a hunter would ask to another. Hunger was felt by all, and he wondered if this beast had the same hunger. Would the creature bleed as he bled?

His time as a child hiding away in his room flashed in his head. He was not saved, he was the result of this abandon. He loved every piece of himself, but he would be a fool to say he did not know who and what he was. The boys would be just like him, hiding away forever. That could not happen.

A shiver of excitement ran down their spine. The connection was starting to form. "Kill it. Kill it and be their hero. Indulge in one thing we know we can do, and enjoy every moment of it." A smile formed. The boy spoke, a request. The request he wanted to hear. The exact one.

Truth be told, he was the best at being himself. He didn't need anyone else being like him. He was the star of the show and he would make damn sure that it would stay that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,445 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:
    @Ralin; Elhardt: Post 2

something's coming :eyes:

#3 // wc: 313

Shadow tag slinks up his spine. Delightful. Hymane relishes in the feeling of togetherness, this poor, lonely boy who’s somehow been given new meaning thanks to the man next to him. Elhardt’s smile is enough to shine light on the darkest stretch of Hymane’s soul. The young teen holds a hand upon his own heart and then says something too quick for comprehension. Eyes blink and when they reopen, light returns to those black eyes. “Glad to have you along, hero,” Hymane states under his breath, voice barely audible. “Let’s head towards your killing site.”

Hymane takes three steps forward, languid, bothersome, the stroll of an eighty-year-old buried in this boy who’s much younger. Their site is far away, miles and miles away, but Hyamane feels inexplicably closer thanks to the very presence of this man. His first human contact in far too long and just how long had it been since he had been home to his family that needed saving?... Sad thoughts fall upon the boy in uneven waves. He tugs on the black line drawn between them via their pinkies, and shrugs the sadness away. All around them, darkness settles, visceral, alive, climbing up bark centuries old, trunks torn and shattered among the old onslaught of war.

“My hero,” Hymane asks at some point along the stroll. His boots crunch under thick brambles. “What gives you life, and how about meaning?” Hollowness waits in his tone; eyes stare forever forward, lost in the nothingness. “Who do you miss, my hero? Who do you decide to protect, and why?” Hymane allows a long moment thereafter to pass as he contemplates his thoughts. Air is cold in his lungs; hands grow nearly numb, but when he speaks, his voice is alive. “How do you decide who gets to die?” It is eerily silent at this time of night.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,949 (0 Banked)

Fenrie's voice echoes excitedly in the back of Elhardt's mind. It isn't common, but he feels the need to bury it, drown it out. He needs a second to see this boy. To see himself.

"Kill kill kill." Fenrie smirks as the embrace of the Shadow Tag takes it's grasp tighter.

The boy steps forward tugging him, tempting Fenrie even more.

"Kill kill kill." Fenrie laughs, darkness settling in around them.

The boy stops. Elhardt sighs, relieved. A weight off of his shoulders. He sees the boy hesitate. He doesn't see why. But he can feel it. He can feel it because he too feels it inside of him. What would happen? What would happen if he didn't have the voice inside of his head? Would he be like this boy? Scared and alone? These weren't good thoughts, Elhardt hated unpleasant thoughts. They lead to nothing but feelings he did not enjoy. Sometimes though, it was a necessary evil, an evil that the demon in him couldn't understand.

Then, questions. Unpleasant questions.

Meaning. What was there to this existence. Instnictively he closed off. His meaning was his own: Survival, to live on. Was there more than that? His head hurt, he didn't want to know the meaning of everything. The though put immense, unbearable fear in him. He was not wsting his life. No. He couldn't be.

Who did he miss? He wasn't sure. He didn't think about his past. It was too heartbreaking, being thrown to the streets like that. The outcastjng in his path lead to the one person he would protect: himself. His mind wandered, if there was another, who would they be, a lover, a child, someone in need, someone like him?

How did he decide the fate of others? Fenrie's voice broke through. Hunger. Insatiable desire to prove dominance against the world. They would be on top. They would be the strongest, the happiest together. They would become perfection. Living perfection.

Elhardt put his left hand on his forehead, pressing his nails into his head. Blood dripped down slightly. As Fenrie spoke inside of him, he did not seem to notice that he had began to cry. No. He could not taint someone's innocence. That could not be his answer. That wasn't his goal, his job. He lived the way he did because he was already tainted, there was no going back. There was no way out for him, so he embraced it.

He screamed out. "Fenrie, will you shut the HELL up?" This was his question, not Fenrie's. He felt Fenrie reel back. Something new for both of them.

He lowered his hand. The darkness grasping his face tightly, his eyes shining out. Blood and tears mixed as they fell down his cheek.

"I will answer only one of those questions." He hissed, trying his best to hide wounded heart.

"What I miss most of all..." He took a deep breath.

"Is the me I used to be." He scratched his head. "The me before the monsters, the me before the comet struck. The me that I was proud of. The me... that you should try not to be." He sighed.

His eyes shining. "I'm no hero, kid. But I'll be your antihero."