User Tag List

Thread: What makes you want to join a forum?

Wannabe Moderator Tactician Karina's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,384 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Default What makes you want to join a forum?

As the title asks.

For me I'll join a forum if it's something I enjoy (like here and some others, the Pokemon series or other games, shows, movies, etc.) and if the userbase is nice. Activity is also another one for me, now it doesn't have to be every single user on everyday or anything, but at least a moderate type of activity is preferred since it shows the forum isn't a ghost town; plus there are stuff I want to discuss with other members, even if it's a friendly chat.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    913 (0 Banked)

Other than forums, where else can I post stuff or read posts by someone else? There is social media, of course, but I think that serves a slightly different purpose than forums.
    Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive

3. Likes Tactician Karina liked this post
    Wannabe Moderator Tactician Karina's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,384 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzadren View Post
    Other than forums, where else can I post stuff or read posts by someone else? There is social media, of course, but I think that serves a slightly different purpose than forums.
    True! With social media there can be groups of an interest (games, movies, etc.) but I notice that it doesn't generate a lot of conversations towards those kinds of topics, unless it's something controversial. Plus, like you mentioned, social media isn't really designed for that anyway and is totally a different beast compared to forums.

5. Likes Reyzadren liked this post