User Tag List

Thread: Individual RP: juliorain [Woods]

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,552 (0 Banked)

Default Individual RP: juliorain [Woods]

NBP1 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    At first glance, the two probably looked like they were just part of the scenery. Margo Sterling sat on the back of Roswell, her trusty Metagross, who was in turn resting in their ‘dormant’ state. Their legs were retracted most of the way into their body, while their torso rested on the grass. With their claws and facial crest obscured by underbrush, only the metallic luster of Roswell’s body gave away the fact that they were a Pokemon rather than a set of bluish rocks.

Of course, Margo wouldn’t be sitting around chatting with a bunch of rocks. “You sense anybody around yet?”

There was a moment’s pause, then a quiet, echoing voice in Margo’s mind. <Not yet.> Roswell paused for a moment, <Well, I can sense dozens of Pokemon around us, but no humans yet.>

Margo smiled and patted Roswell on the back. The sunbeam Roswell was sitting in had heated their exterior a little bit, so that the metal had risen to a gentle, heavenly warm temperature. “Well, I think we got here a little early, anyway.” She pulled out her phone and leaned back against Roswell’s rear leg, then began scrolling. “We’ll be taking an, uh, Alexor Moore out today. Oh, and I’m probably gonna need your help more than usual.”

Roswell’s response was less words and more a telepathic sense of inquiry, but Margo understood it and answered appropriately. “He’s looking for a specific Pokemon. Scyther, unless something’s come in wrong.” She paused as she tapped at the screen, face scrunched up in concentration. “Or unless I’m reading something wrong on this stupid tiny screen, which is pretty likely.”

A low, brassy rumble sounded from within Roswell’s core. Time had taught Margo to recognize it as a laugh. <I’ll keep watch for the bugs,> they promised.

“Thanks.” Margo put the phone in her pocket and sat back up. She’d had Roswell stop by the edge of the main path into the Woods from the Park gates; unless Alexor got severely lost or deliberately veered off course, he would have no trouble finding them. Content in the knowledge that her Trainer would be on his way - and that, if he did stray off course, the little beepy device in her pocket would be able to reconnect her with him - she rested her hands and chin on one of Roswell’s front legs and settled in to wait.

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Name: Alexor Moore
    Location: Woods Outskirts, mid-morning. It's quiet and peaceful with gentle sun. No effects.
    Items: Park Ball (x6), Energy Powder (x1), Lava Cookie (x1), Poké Doll (x1), Intermediate Voice Disc - Scyther (x1).
    Encounters Remaining: 15/15
    Pokemon Encountered: ???
    Pokemon Captured: ???
    Character Count: ???/???

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    Pierre/Noivern/M/Bashful/Infiltrator
    EMs: Sunny Day, Flamethrower, U-Turn, Psychic, Shadow Ball, X-Scissors, Taunt, Hone Claws, Acrobatics, Draco Meteor, Snatch.

Laviere/Rotom-W/X/Calm/Levitate
    EMs: Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Charge Beam, Snatch, Will-O-Wisp, Psych-Up, Rest, Sleep Talk, Light Screen, Reflect, Rain Dance, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power Dragon, Protect, Pain Split, Electroweb, Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Signal Beam.

Renee/Salamence/F/Relaxed/Intimidate
    EMs: Earthquake, Roost, Substitute, Roar, Return, Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Dragon Dance, Outrage.

@juliorain

2. Likes juliorain liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    693 (8,967 Banked)

Breathing in the fresh forest air was a relief for a change. Definitely a newer enviroment than he was used to. He looked at his notbook and saw scribbled in dark pencil the coordinates where was supposed to be. He pulled out his map from his heavy bag, opened it up and tried to figure if the place was the location. Perplexed, he sent out Laviere, who upon materialized jumped in excitement. It turned to me, and motioned at the map. In a rotom-ish candor floated over to Alexor, asking, it, "can you read this? Margo said we should meet here."

"Are we at these coordinates? Can you psych up the map see if you can get any sort of insight?"

Laviere zapped in agreement and looked at the map, lightly rotating as it levitated, its washer tube dangling loosely off the ground. After it breathed in to take in the map, it let out an other zap, or sound, but this time seemed negative.

"Great! We're lost!"

Laviere seemed perturbed and could clearly sense its trainer's frustration with locating his ranger. Alexor ordered Laviere back into its ball and stuffed his map violently back in his pack. He summoned Noivern out of his ball and Pierre materialized, perched on the ground.

"Perhaps I should have asked you for help. Can you hear any other people in the nearby forest?"

Pierre responded by sending some high pitch frequencies of sound to reflect back to him, like sonar. Just after about 15 seconds, Pierre growled and pointed northwest towards a patch of grass with a woman resting on her metagross.

"Wow! Pierre you're great!"

Alexor ran over in his classically awkward gait to the woman nearby, calling, "Hello.....!!"
    Last edited by juliorain; 03-05-18 at 07:58 PM.

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,552 (0 Banked)

NBP2.

Margo noticed the sound of an unfamiliar voice and the sight of a Trainer long before she noticed Roswell moving beneath her. She’d lived much of her life in Pacifidlog; the floor moved occasionally, and she still accepted that as a fact of life.

“Hi!” Margo called in response, sliding off of Roswell’s side so that they could get their legs out properly without worrying about getting in her way. She blinked at the sight of a big bright red washing machine wobbling alongside the newcomer. It honestly took Margo a second to realize that the Pokemon was a Rotom; she didn’t see them often, and honestly they looked pretty baffling.

This coming from a woman with a giant metal spider, Margo thought with some amusement as she regained her composure. She gave the man a genial smile and a wave. What with his rugged clothes, he looked more like a hiker than a “Dr. Moore”, but unless this person was really lost, he must be her Trainer.

“Dr. Moore, right?” Margo asked as Roswell rose to their full height behind her, raking a curious red gaze over the Trainer and his Pokemon. “I’m Margo Sterling; I’ll be your Ranger, today.” She paused. “Normally, this’d be the part where I go charging down the path and lead you to the next adventure, but I think you said you’re looking for Scyther, right?” She pulled out her little phone and pulled up the map. It wasn’t much use to her, but a guy with a Rotom who was fiddling on her phone might like a visual rather than vague directions given by waves of the arms from a woman using rocks and trees as landmarks. “I know of a few swarms to the western edge -” she tapped the corresponding spot on the map, which zoomed in on an area that seemed to have fewer trees than the rest of the Woods, “so if those are what you’re after, we’ll have to hit the grasslands. There’s a pretty straightforward route through the deep woods, but it’s a bit harsh. Lots of thorns and thick undergrowth. There’s an easier, sunnier trail, but it’ll take us a bit to get to - we’d have to rejoin the main path, then follow that up.” She put her phone away and stretched her legs. “Your choice, though. We should be able to see Scyther pretty much whenever, though I’d rather get to them before sundown. They’re not really vicious, but they’re powerful predators. Wouldn’t want to meet something that sharp and carnivorous in the dead of night, y’know?”

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Location: Woods Outskirts, mid-morning. It's quiet and peaceful with gentle sun. No effects.
    Items: Park Ball (x6), Energy Powder (x1), Lava Cookie (x1), Poké Doll (x1), Intermediate Voice Disc - Scyther (x1).
    Encounters Remaining: 15/15
    Pokemon Encountered: ???
    Character Count: 1621/???

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler:
    EMs: Sunny Day, Flamethrower, U-Turn, Psychic, Shadow Ball, X-Scissors, Taunt, Hone Claws, Acrobatics, Draco Meteor, Snatch.

EMs: Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Charge Beam, Snatch, Will-O-Wisp, Psych-Up, Rest, Sleep Talk, Light Screen, Reflect, Rain Dance, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power Dragon, Protect, Pain Split, Electroweb, Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Signal Beam.

EMs: Earthquake, Roost, Substitute, Roar, Return, Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Dragon Dance, Outrage.

@juliorain;

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    693 (8,967 Banked)

As Alexor approached Margo, he was noticeably tired. Being clearly out of shape, he took a moment to pause and catch his breath. After regaining his composure and fixing his glasses, he shook hands with Margo.

"Hi, sorry for the delay; we got turned around at the entrance. I've haven't been on many of these adventures before. You're right that I am looking for one of these for our new studies on Pokemon etymology. It's a very fascinating field and I can't wait to see these fearsome hunters in action! I am also interested in seeing the various other bug creatures in the forest in addition to Scyther, even it means that it might be a thorny adventure. I'm not sure how long any of this would take, but the short, challenging route seems to be the most interesting option."

Alexor turned over to his giddy washing machine and said, "If anything, I brought two dragons and this one along with me, so I think we should be safe. I'm a bit worried about the grass types that might lurk in the woods, but I can always switch my pokemon, right?"

Laviere was cheery and seemed to be unaffected by the risk that his trainer was taking. Laviere was its normal, giddy self, clearly ready for an adventure. It seemed to neither care for either option. He looked back at Margo, and said confidently, "surely it couldn't be that troublesome, correct? Shall we go?"

Alexor looked out to the other ways and he felt a rush of energy flood him. He was excited for what could possibly lie ahead. Did he think of himself as a great adventurer? His imagination ran wild. The possibilities at that point seemed endless. This was his first real adventure to do in-field observations. They were mostly done by his colleagues or his professors, but not having recieved his PhD in pokemon entymology, it was finally his turn to do some field research. The other adventures he would take would be in large, boring groups lead by his professor. Getting to do things mostly on his terms was for him only the beginning in his bright career.
    Last edited by juliorain; 03-29-18 at 12:33 PM.

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,552 (0 Banked)

NBP 3 - Ranger Margo Sterling
    Margo smiled. “In this for the spirit of adventure, huh? I respect that. We’ll probably see quite a few Grass-types, as well, but I’ll keep an eye out for any bugs you might want to battle or just watch.”

When Alexor asked about switching Pokemon, Margo nodded. “Yeah, you can swap out whenever you want,” she said. “The only thing we really frown on around here is having a whole ton of ‘mons out at once. It disturbs the wildlife and usually ends up being just plain unfair to the wild Pokemon.” Margo glanced at Roswell, “Speaking of, Ros, you mind taking a break? I’ll have you out again once we get to the rougher spots.” Roswell hummed and nodded, the gesture more of a bowing of the body than a tilt of the head.

Once Margo had recalled Roswell, she nodded to Alexor. “Yup, let’s get moving,” she said. She smiled; both Pokemon and Trainer looked quite eager, and it was infectious.

The undergrowth was every bit as thick as Margo remembered it being. Fortunately, they had yet to hit the thorny patches; Margo just had to be a little bit careful where she stepped so that she didn’t trip over any tree roots. As she forged her way through to one of the Stantler trails that peppered the woods, the Ranger was silent; the sounds of the Woods were enough to occupy her mind.

At the fringes of the thicker trees, several kinds of Pokemon were hanging about. A Pikipek let out a warning cry as it noticed the humans and took flight; a Snubbull briefly looked the strangers up and down before turning and scurrying away; a ‘tree’ that looked suspiciously like a Sudowoodo wiggled despite the complete absence of breezes.

Something buzzed close by. For a moment, it sounded like a Beedrill, but the buzz was too quiet and the pitch was too high for it to be one of the aggressive insects. Margo looked up to see a small swarm of Ledyba and Ledian flying by, buzzing above the humans’ heads (and Laviere’s “head”) at an unhurried clip. A few of them glanced quizzically at the adventurers; one of the Ledyba seemed to take more of an interest. It fluttered downward and landed right on Laviere. The Rotom let out a surprised, metallic trill; however, they seemed more curious about the Ledyba than upset by its presence. They let out a digital laugh, as if being tickled, as Ledyba tapped at the plasma surrounding their body.

Margo chuckled. “That’s a bold one; they don’t usually come so near people. I thought it was lamps that were supposed to attract bugs, not washing machines?”

Trainer Stats
    Spoiler:
    Encounters Remaining: 14/15
    Pokemon Encountered: Ledyba/???/??? Nature/??? Ability
    Character Count: 3,634/4,000

Pokemon Stats
    Spoiler: