@K'sariya; Avignon: Post 3
    @Surfer Liam; Finn: Post 2
    @JacenBoy; Ben: Post 1
    @Sou; Rou: Post 3
    @Elysia; Cam: Post 3
    @Nitro; Amadeus: Post 2
    @VeloJello; Noelle: Post 3

Medium Mission:
    This mission requires at least two players, not including the NPC, with at least 15 IC posts from each character.
    Prize Package:
    • IC: P1,500, on top of normal money that would be received from posting
    • OOC: a Medium Pokemon of your choosing + 1 TM

#4 // 816

Slayer is a demon. The man acknowledges the one who burst into the window with nothing but tenacious admiration; stoic expression of his own matches the burning eyes of the Sawsbuck PokeSoul. He watches the man disarm the deer skull, eyes the tender locks that have no doubt been soaked in endless sunshine. He smells like the woods; sounds of adventure bombinate from him and Slayer feels humbled to be in the presence of such another soul. “Good to meet you, Finn,” he says casually. “I like your skull.” Multiple meanings in that one. Slayer rounds the edge of the bar, exposed knives running feather-light over the edges with the sick sound of warning.

“You could say it’s because I’ve been killed so many times before,” he states, never breaking eye contact with the man. “I’m sure you all know of this feeling: dying over and over again by the hands of your persecutors, only to realize you’ve awoken the next day to do it all over again.” Aggressive shouts of approval spill across the crowd, suddenly drawing in all the corners of the room. Gravity is the point at which Slayer stands. He declares the physics of his world, matching hatred on a level profound and unknown to most mortals. “When I received this gift, this thing we all can cherish now, I was the last one left of my home. It’s something I know many of you can relate to. The problem with my one in here,” he says, pressing a hand to his chest, letting the slender and strong fingers crawl over the metal piece, “is that it won’t let me die.”

“It doesn’t want our lives to be in vain. To save us it to make a life full of meaning,” he responds, much to the applause of the tougher, wearied souls in the room. This demon spreads its evil through its love. His touch is death. In one wide sweeping gesture, he’s persuaded people to come closer, to listen further to his instructions. “I’m proposing that we carve out a life of meaning for our generation, a generation lost, and a generation thereafter.” There’s only one remaining in the corner now.

Pierre’s a diva. Red eyes roll, a sigh coming out thick in the middle of their shared morning. “Geez girl,” he says to Noelle, “did you trust your mom to bring you into this world? To give you fucking life? Did you trust that little Poison-type, or whatever, whatever it is that makes your hair that fucking awesome purple color when it came into you? Trust is complete bullshit! We’re all just putting up with each others’ shit until the day we die. That’s really what trust - something parents tell to their kids, to make them think people aren’t as shitty as they are.” He crosses arms over his chest, and it’s a little breezy with his open tank.

“Thank fuck this guy gets it! How the hell are ya, Amadeus,” he responds to the Starmie host and that’s when someone here has had enough -

Pierre visibly shakes when Avignon brings out the transistor. Electric blue surges through it, so much life and love lost and blasted away with a quick brandish of its blade -

But Petra doesn’t flinch. She’s a lot tougher than the bigger standing next to her, the one she still has her arm linked to. Petra’s a dank princess who’s been roped in to slay a dragon only to realize she is the dragon, bursting with power and flight in her young life. Spread your wings. “Mhhm, I know that this doesn’t make any sense. You don’t have to leave.” Big eyes beam up at Avignon and Rou as she addresses both. She puts her hands up in the air, makes eye contact with the both of them as she reaches up gingerly with one hand to pull at the neck hem of her unicorn sweater. A chain comes into view; a pearly locket dangles upon it, scintillating with an old family crest.

She unhooks her arm from Pierre’s, shows the two woman the picture within. “My baby brother got caught by Slayer.” Sorrow weighs heavy on every word. There’s a tremble in that tone, so ready to break and drown out anything else she could say. “My end goal is to get him back. Back to me. Back to safety. And I don't want to stop by just getting him, either.” She looks at Avignon. “Ma’am,” she says in what she hopes will be respect, “It’s not like that with him - he only has two abilities. He can kill with touch. And uhm… what can he not do? If we try a direct fight with him, it wouldn’t be so good…”

Only then does Pierre stop shaking.

“Your sword’s cool as shit!” he screams.

Somewhere far away, many meters away from the coffeeshop, a loud explosion goes off.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

2. Likes ~Surfer Liam, ~Sou liked this post
    Ocean Dweller URPG Staff Surfer Liam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,914 (0 Banked)

"My skull?" Finn thought. He had been interested in the idea of possibly ending the war, but it now seemed more like this Slayer was more of a masochist than anything. The internal pull from Virsín strengthened.

"Finn, come on, this isn't okay," Virsín called to him, "We shouldn't have barged in here, we shouldn't have busted through that window with people behind, we shouldn't even have spoken. Now, Finn, I know this war has been taxing, but this isn't a smart way of dealing with it all; we can survive this, but not if we burst through windows and call out bloodlusting demons." Finn started to listen to Virsín; he had wished to be more active and reckless... but maybe Virsín was right, maybe this wasn't a good plan.

Finn listened to the rest of Slayer's comments; majority of the crowd murmured with hatful agreement and gurgled praise. As the crowd gathered closer to Slayer, Finn noticed the only other person in the room who wasn't a despot nor seemingly willing to follow words of such hate. It was the younger girl with a bun who had introduced herself as Cam.

Subtly, Finn turned toward her, nodded to the outside of the café and raised an eyebrow, as if asking her if she too felt like leaving. But an explosion sounded in the distance. Finn started and he, with other people from the crowd, looked back to the outside of the café in the direction of the boom. However, Finn kept his head turned slightly enough to keep an eye on Slayer. Finn's hand grabbed the Gogoat horn slung around his waist and held it at the ready, looked back at Cam, and waited for a response.

Words: 287
    Last edited by Surfer Liam; 08-10-17 at 07:22 PM.

URPG Cerulean Gym Leader
    Stats

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,595 (0 Banked)

Before the girl, Petra was to respond, Rou listened, trying to catch whatever the wind carried to her ears fro the coffee shop. Though most of it was barely audible thanks to all the noise out there, she could catch little bits and pieces. She heard a name, Finn and then she heard something to the effect of killing, and lives… something about generations as well. It was hard to make out and before long, she felt it better to give it up. Aside from that, one of the others was pulling a sword out and the boy, Pierre was far too loud. He went on mentioning something about trust and whatever else. Honestly, she didn’t care to listen.

All of it was starting to give her a bit of a headache, but she turned back to Petra as she seemed ready to speak, perhaps even give some answers. Her words seemed a bit confusing, but there was a trace of something else in her voice that drew her attention. Not a word escaped her as she watched her reveal a chain around her neck, a locket attached to it. There was a sense of sadness as she stared at the locket for a moment, a frown making its way onto her face as the woman breaks from Pierre and opens the locket; a picture inside of it. Petra continued and she couldn’t help but feel pity for the poor girl. Not many had the luxury of family, at least those old enough to remember the comet. It appeared even talking about it was tough on the girl.

”I suppose she can’t be lying about… not by the sound of it anyway” she thought, closing her eyes to think on the situation as it stood. She noted the words she said to the swordswoman, pondering her next move. If this guy was a strong and deadly as they said, how in the world did they expect anyone not familiar with these abilities to contend against him. It wouldn’t have been the first time she’d put her life on the line for someone else, but it was typically on different terms. She opened her eyes and was about to open her mouth to speak, when the sound of a loud explosion went off and she turned in its direction. She looked to Petra.

”I no longer have any family, but I am familiar with the pain of loss. So, I can, in a sense, understand your words. However, what would you even have us do? But before that, are you familiar with anything that could cause an explosion in this area? If not, what would be your suggestion regarding it?” she asked, wanting to gauge how’d she react and try to handle this new situation. In times of crisis, its said people often display their true colors. She wasn’t about to jump herself. She’d let them do so first.

Words: 488
    "Like the sea? Want to sail across the ocean to the end of days? Want to bring prosperity to the world?"
    Then Join Team Aqua in its quest to do just that!
    Click the banner below to visit our thread.
    You know you want to ;>

I mean... you get a cool banner after all! What's better then that? :)
    PokePet Box | URPG Stats

the vibration pokemon URPG Staff Nitro's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    868 (0 Banked)

Amadeus. It's 3022!
    Foul-mouthed lil post.

When the sword is cool as shit.

("Thank fuck this guy gets it!") Hell fucking yeah.

A nice little squad had formed now, with angst and awkwardness represented in equal parts, and Amadeus trashed them all in his mind. Mostly though, he just wanted to see how this would develop. The squad talked within itself, introducing themselves by way of literal introductions or more to-the-point actions. The small talk will fizzle out. Petty shit always does. That's the beauty of petty shit, is that it self-regulates its own equilibrium against the real shit. This dawned on Amadeus, as he stood in the purely petty act of refusing to listen.

The physical division of real and petty was especially gripping, here. In the coffee shop were some people, well on the path of absolutely no good, of screwing us all and also of dying -- that was the hook, at least. Oh, and apparently, the man can kill with touch, is a thing now. Out here... ("Your sword's cool as shit!") Tru.

When the explosion came, it didn't come from the coffee shop, but from outside of it. It still sounded distant to Amadeus, though audible enough. It was a Thing-Happener, something to set the truly real shit in motion. As always, petty shit fizzles out. Explosions? Love it.

Amadeus faced squad, waiting in quiet. Somebody was going to do something, somebody suggested something, but mostly, the course of action didn't belong to Amadeus now. Petra and Pierre were, in essence, the de facto leaders of this group now. Amadeus thought "what's next?" to be more interesting than the determination of what's next, anyway. Decision-making overrated, b. Best be quick though, if the touch-killer pokes his head out of the door.
    Last edited by Nitro; 08-11-17 at 02:44 PM.
    urpg

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

6. Likes ~Elysia, ~Sou, Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,343 (0 Banked)

On second thought, running probably won't even save her at this point. She can feel Slayer's pull, as dense as gravity, and though the logical portions of her mind (and Wingut) are screaming fuck NO do NOT fall in with him, what he says is tempting, in a lot of ways.

Slayer isn't wrong when he says that they've been wronged by humanity, that building a new generation on top of the remains of the old could actually end up more efficient. From a purely mechanical perspective, the tiny monkeys with their sticks and their technology are obsolete and have been for years. Cam once spent a year with an engineering team in India making a device that utterly failed at her line-of-sight teleportation gimmick that Wingnut gave her by accident. There isn't competition. There isn't appeal to the past. Evolution is part of life. Homo sapiens didn't mourn the Neanderthals that they forced into extinction. This is only more of the same.

But all life is sacred. More of the same doesn't mean it's better. This is the debate she and Avignon refused to have, the reason she remains a pacifist until pushed to the brink (and beyond), the little motor turning her gears at her very core. She protects both sides, stretching herself so thin that it threatens to poke holes in her.

Slayer isn't wrong, but he certainly isn't right.

And what comes ahead isn't going to resonate with her, so she will rise to meet it the only way she knows how. So it goes. She feels Finn's eyes on her, and maybe sees his wide-eyed terror reflected back at her as Slayer circles him gently, like a snake around its kill, and she feels them all being pulled toward the center. There's an event horizon rushing up to pull them all under, but that's the real trick -- even if she stands still and does nothing, it'll swallow her whole. Best to jump in and see what this madman has in store, and maybe she can stop it from the inside.

Avignon is gonna kill her for this.

She takes a step forward, toward Slayer, into the crowd. "I'm with you," Cam lies.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    356 (0 Banked)

Okay, this is starting to get super annoying. “Shut the fuck up about my mom,” Noelle snaps, barely managing to keep her voice to a human level. “You don’t think anything about me; you don’t know anything about Levi; and you don’t seem to know anything about anything, so shut -”

Noelle herself shuts up when the redhead’s sword starts glowing and moving. Even more unnerving, the sword is looking at her - and it’s not a Honedge or anything like that; she has no idea what it is, besides ominous. Levi gives a sentiment somewhere between that’s so awesome and I’m so terrified of all this; Noelle agrees. Panic and frustration war within Noelle; maybe she should just go.

Petra manages to catch her eye, though, as she pulls a locket out from beneath her sweater. A brother lost to Slayer, but Petra doesn’t say why. She’s also being a little confusing. “So wait,” says Noelle, “he can kill people with a touch, but what is the other ability? And for that matter, why would someone who’s this bad of news keep your brother without killing him? I know this sounds a little insensitive, but - do you even know he’s alive? Or why someone with the name Slayer would want him?”

When Pierre screams again, Noelle turns toward him. She opens her mouth to snap at him again, but before she gets the chance, she hears something in the distance. An explosion. Not good.

“Did anybody else hear that?” Noelle asks. It sounds like it’s loud enough for regular humans and Pokemon to pick up on, but she’s not quite sure. If it was just her, she can pass it off as being paranoid or something. She doesn’t want any of these clowns to know her powers if she can help it.

Well, except maybe Petra. Noelle gets the feeling that Petra isn’t telling them all the details, but she seems like the least unstable person-slash-Pokemon in Noelle’s immediate vicinity.

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    13,617 (0 Banked)

Spoiler:
    YEAAAAH GET HYPED

@K'sariya; Avignon: Post 3
    @Surfer Liam; Finn: Post 3
    @JacenBoy; Ben: Post 1
    @Sou; Rou: Post 4
    @Elysia; Cam: Post 4
    @Nitro; Amadeus: Post 3
    @VeloJello; Noelle: Post 4

Medium Mission:
    This mission requires at least two players, not including the NPC, with at least 15 IC posts from each character.
    Prize Package:
    • IC: P1,500, on top of normal money that would be received from posting
    • OOC: a Medium Pokemon of your choosing + 1 TM

#5 // 795

Pétoire’s always got a headache.

There’s this thing incessantly hurling itself against all the edges of his skull. Before Slayer pressed this collar over him, choking the thing inside, he’d throw up at least twice a day. Major nausea, imbalance, trouble breathing - all of which were nearly ironic, considering that his organs were engineered. He justifies his suffering by shrugging it off, saying that he’d rather it be him than his sister even if he doesn’t mean it. He’s the clone. Born a year younger but manufactured of a similar make and model to her, engineered to be twins.

The boy with the nest of purple hair stiffens slightly in the crowd. Yup, everyone’s on board with Slayer’s plan. He had his eyes on the Rotom PokeSoul with the bun or the adventurous man with the Gogoat horn. Pétoire had orders that he wasn’t key on following. Clenched fists unfurl. His breathing comes labored, troubled still. Gaunt face tightens while eyes look at nothing and everything simultaneously. The second the collar comes off, the Thing comes back at full power. He can never get ready for it, no matter if he knows it’s on its way. And it’s been coming here, building to this moment, for all the years of his short life.

What’s Slayer even saying at this point? A muscle along Pétoire’s jawline twitches. The collar subdues his whole world, leaving him in a daze that still hurts. You can’t shush this thing gaining omniscence. And sometimes things slip through anyway - the simmering interrogation going on outside, Pierre’s yelling, the smell of smoke and the swears of someone trapped in a blown-up ship. Pétoire sends the vaguest of images towards Slayer’s mind, all bordered with fuzzy coffee stains. The words don’t match the moving mouths, but he figures the man can get it anyway. Collar on, he’s at about 10% clarity. Even he thinks these telepathic images look kinda good. Meh.

“Hang on, guys,” he says with a low tone, casual as can be. “Or uhm, hang onto something.”

Petra’s taking too long explaining it outside -

Collar bursts off from his neck, shells of melted steel plummeting to the ground -

Because it’s not just that Slayer kills by touching. It’s also that he can touch things that aren’t even tangible. Pétoire didn’t really get it at first: but Slayer explained it as a Dark Aura, a way he could literally manipulate bad manifestations with just his mind. Eh. Everyone does freaky shit. Pétoire knows he’s kinda freaky too, cause now light floods his eyes as a god overflows a mere human vessel.

“That explosion! That’s coming from the direction of our reinforcements!” Petra screams. She’s clasping onto Pierre’s arm again while the other boy quirks an eyebrow. It might be shock, it might be curiosity, it might be a purely blank state; but for a full moment, Pierre is silent. “I don’t know what you all want to do, but we’re going to go over to them now!” Her plan is falling to pieces before her eyes - she has no idea how many people everyone else managed to recruit and who knows what that explosion could have meant -

Sparks fly across her vision, smattered with blood stains and all she can think is sprint. For all her abilities, all those wonderful things she’s done in the past as a Mew PokeSoul, she can’t for the life of her think about what to do now - how to get there closer and faster. She thinks about what Pétoire would do, and then guilt crushes her soul because she’s contemplating what he’d do with the powers forced upon him and not about what he could do as a human. Were those two states ever indistinguishable?

The world’s whirling before Pierre, blurred with Noelle’s words and swears and their expectant stares upon all of them. It takes a second to realize he’s being dragged by Petra and then it finally clicks - her fear, revealing itself on flushed cheeks and the accelerated heartbeat. “We blast this shit back, obviously!” he screams before holding his hand out. A huge jet fires off from his palm, and then they’re soaring across the sky -

And the coffeshop’s plunging 1,000 kilometers down into the Earth, blowing past dinosaur skeletons, blasting away rock and ground and earth untouched -

Pétoire doesn’t even know that he’s doing it. His human mind absconded, leaving behind blown-out stars for eyes and a scream that bullets from his poor jugular as they fall. It’s Mewtwo that’s pushing them deep down to the true liar at an unfathomable rate.

“We actually need you now, you losers!” Pierre shouts, voice still audible as his words are whipped by the wind. “So hurry the hell up!”

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,595 (0 Banked)

A frown found its way onto Rou’s face. She had intended to gauge how the girl, Petra would fare when faced with crisis. She wasn’t aware that the location where the explosion occurred housed people she was in league with, but that it became apparent in that moment. She yelled that it was in the directions of their reinforcements, screaming and grabbing onto her comrade all the while, a seemingly panicked look on her face. It appeared genuine, but she couldn’t help but wonder if they were facing more then the man inside of the coffee shop. She couldn’t help but look in its direction, the voices carried to her ears through the gentle breeze running against her skin. Something was wrong. She turned back to the panicked two, unsure of which course to take, as it seemed both were going to be a lot more trouble then she bargained for. She pondered. Involving herself in other side seemed like a disaster waiting to happen, if the man did indeed have the power to kill just by touch. Not knowing the range of such abilities gave the psychic a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach, but she was going to be involved in it all somehow. It was doubtless their presence outside had gone unnoticed to those in the shop. The pieces have been set and with it, an explosive voice breaks her from her thoughts.

The two were flying through the air, the boy keeping them, Petra and himself airborne with blasts of fire from his palms. They were going to fly to their comrades, and at an impressive speed judging by the length of Pierre’s flames. She was a bit impressed by their method of travel, perhaps even a bit in awe about the idea of flying. That might be a bit far out of her reach, but teleportation was close enough. She turned her attention to the others there, the swordswoman, the girl who snapped just now and the other boy. None of them had really interacted with one another, although she did try to speak to one of them.

”tsk..” she couldn’t help but utter, her eyes looking to the side.
    ”So either I chase after them or stay here and investigate into-“, her thoughts interrupted by the violent shaking of earth beneath her feet. She looked to the coffee shop as the vibrations felt stronger in that direction and it was gone. In an instant, it was gone! She ran over to the place where it had only sat moments prior, a hole the size of the shop left behind.

”Is this one of that man’s powers..?” she whispered, shocked when that voice came booming through the sky.

”Losers now huh? Thats certainly not the way to ask for help.” she thought, clearly annoyed by his tone and then trying to rush them on top of it all. They had their reasons, but she didn’t have any to simply offer help because some asshole needed and asked for it. Had it been a different time, she might have leapt immediately at it, despite his gross use of language to ask for help. Now, she pondered between the two. Jump and follow the shop and risk being swallowed up into whatever the hell awaited her, or follow after the pair to possibly a headquarters. Given the circumstances, this decision would probably be the better course. As long as she’d been to an area, she could port to it as long as she was in range. She then looked over at Noelle in particular. She seemed the most sane of the bunch based on what’d she’d seen so far. ”You. What do you choose to do here? I’ll be following after the loud pair in the sky. This may mean nothing to you, and it doesn’t to me either, but if we’re going the same way, I can teleport for easier travel.” she stated.

Words: 659
    "Like the sea? Want to sail across the ocean to the end of days? Want to bring prosperity to the world?"
    Then Join Team Aqua in its quest to do just that!
    Click the banner below to visit our thread.
    You know you want to ;>

I mean... you get a cool banner after all! What's better then that? :)
    PokePet Box | URPG Stats

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,343 (0 Banked)

fuck fuck fuck get out now

It's Cam, not Wingnut, who's saying this, but there's a moment of indecision where they consider looking after Finn and if they should stay with this to the bitter end in order to minimize the potential casualties, and that moment is more than enough to keep them from acting before it all falls to shit.

She sees the collar around the boy's neck, feels her neck twinging in sympathy from that sickening, dazed, suppressed feeling that she remembers feeling from it, but this one looks ten times worse and when it explodes off from the kid in a blast of power, she knows that she's well out of her league. Slayer's legendary, but this kid's got to be up there on the charts, equal if not stronger --

at least she hopes Slayer isn't stronger

They plunge down, and Cam belatedly processes the kid's warning to hold on to something before they start plummeting, coffeeshop and all.

Avignon was going to kill her if she made it out alive.

But in the meantime, they are survivors. That's what they to best. She steels herself and tries to look normal. Sip from her coffee like this is exactly what she'd expected to happen, because she gets the feeling that Slayer isn't the kind of person to tolerate shock and unease, especially not the oh-fucking-SHIT tier that she's currently trying to stuff deep, deep down where it can't come out. Take a bite of cookie. Ignore the way that they're blasting through millenia-old dinosaur bones that no human should ever see, let alone be able to punch through with this ease -- the amount of energy required for this is --

No. This is easy. "Aight," she says over the sound of their descent. "You've made your point." Another sip of coffee; for all her fear, this shit's actually pretty good. "What do you want us to be doing, and if you've already got him--" a quick gesture with her head toward the blast of power in the shape of a boy "--what do you want us for?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123