User Tag List

Thread: Online Etiquette

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,386 (0 Banked)

Default Online Etiquette

Online video games involve groups and real people playing games, no matter if they're fighting games / shooters / mmo's! With real people, you'll always develop a social norm, or standard, of what's expected and what goes beyond those expectations. Those who trespass social norms are often made to feel shame or guilt for doing something they're not supposed to do.

How does this play out in online games? What are some of the weirdest, un-stated rules of online etiquette in the games you play? What do you wish was more universally understood as good online gameplay behavior?

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    913 (0 Banked)

There are people who would only play with other people with "correct" builds, either by acting all superior against those who don't or forcing you to use those builds.

On the other hand, I will always adventure with anyone in my party, with me myself never using "correct" builds. I use whatever skills that I want with my own effective strategies. Most of the time, this ends up better, more fun, more sociable and is more victorious.
    Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years! Super Moderator Tactician Karina's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,816 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

How does this play out in online games? What are some of the weirdest, un-stated rules of online etiquette in the games you play? What do you wish was more universally understood as good online gameplay behavior?

I don't really play MMO's mainly cause I haven't found ones I really liked besides FF XI (haven't played XIV though), but I haven't played it in a while so I don't know any weird un-stated rules for it.

But I would hope that most players follow respectable rules with other players, and trying to control flame wars (it'll still happen regardless I know, but hey keeping them to a minimum and not getting out of hand would be nice!) should they start up. Also being generally kind to newcomers should be a given, I know most game players call them "noobs" but I've never liked that word, and not berating them if they accidentally mess up or what-have-you (everyone has been there at some point anyway). It makes me sad when I see videos of new players get made fun of and scolded for messing up on accident, or for just being a new player in general.
    Last edited by Tactician Karina; 08-07-17 at 12:55 AM.

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,386 (0 Banked)

SAW something and thought to post here <3

So in Tekken 7 online play, there are certain, unstated rules to follow. For example, when you match with someone, you play at least two rounds; and the person who loses gets to decide whether or not to rematch you ! YOU ARE A BAD PERSON IF YOU WIN QUIT AFTER ONE MATCH LMAO

From 3:23 onward is a GREAT example of this!! I died twice! bit of naughty language

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤