User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Old [Ignore]

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,936 (0 Banked)

Entry #060 My Weakness

Speaking on the topic of phobias, I suppose I do have my own, some of which I’ve carried since I was human and some I’ve gained thanks to the introduction of Mia. I, myself was never a big fan of bugs growing up. No kind of bug was a good bug and I’d happily avoid them whenever possible, including butterflies as they are easy to mistake for the more terrifying moth. I’m not afraid of the butterflies per say, its just hard to tell them apart at times and so its easier to completely avoid them altogether. With Mia, I sometimes start to feel sick at the sight of bugs and thats even worse when it comes to bug type pokemon. Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn! Some bugs are easier to face then others though, such as the ones who look less like a bug and more…. something else? Scyther is pretty decent example, but its a pain in the arse to fight regardless. Getting hit jut once by those blades is enough to spell death for anyone without sufficient defenses.

Prior to joining with Mia though, I was pretty open minded towards things like alien and even ghosts, even though everything we knew at the time pointed at such things being fantasy. Mia however, had a slight fear of ghosts, so we're pretty neutral on the whole ghost thing. The only issue is that their attacks can still be pretty effective if Mia's fear overcomes me. Dark is the odd one out of the bunch, its either very effective or pretty neutral.
    "Like the sea? Want to sail across the ocean to the end of days? Want to bring prosperity to the world?"
    Then Join Team Aqua in its quest to do just that!
    Click the banner below to visit our thread.
    You know you want to ;>

I mean... you get a cool banner after all! What's better then that? :)
    PokePet Box | URPG Stats | Wishlist

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,936 (0 Banked)

Entry #061 No pain, No gain

I call it a weakness, but such a thing is merely a type weakness taken from Pokemon based research. It isn’t particularly effective, especially on Pokesouls, although some are more susceptible then others. For me, my body is mostly human and although it can better resist attacks then normal humans, the pain is biggest factor and possibly, largest weakness I have. It’s why I have to stay calm in my battles and keep to mostly quick physical attacks. My psychic abilities help put a little more power to them, but the goal is to use attacks that allow me to break rhythm. I need a clear means of escape to feel secure in my surroundings, as getting hit can have serious consequences. Baring with the pain is one thing, being knocked unconscious from a sharp pain would completely render me useless.

Out in the wild, espeon tend to have super sensitive fur that allow it to read the changes in the wind current. As a human, I lack fur and most of the hair you’ll find on me exists on my head. When the changes happened, my body adapted and my skin itself became more sensitive as a result. Things that only hurt just slightly, such as stubbing my toe, suddenly felt more painful, almost crippling even. I'm not sure if I should be thankful, but this weakness was discovered early on and I was trained to be able to withstand different measurements of pain. I remember, in particular, the first day about had me giving up.
    Last edited by Sou; 09-11-17 at 05:33 PM.
    "Like the sea? Want to sail across the ocean to the end of days? Want to bring prosperity to the world?"
    You know you want to ;>

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,936 (0 Banked)

Entry #061 No pain, No gain pt. 2

I don’t remember what the class was called, and I assume thats partially because of how much I hated it. No one likes to feel pain, but as a future soldier, it was imperative I be able to stay conscious and be able to handle certain levels of it. Battles weren’t often one-sided and usually, the two participants of any battle are likely to exchange blows by some point, if on the same level. However, its not always the strongest the win these fights, but those with the tenacity, resolve and stubbornness to see through them. You can be gravely injured, mistaken for dead and still land a decisive blow on the enemy, saving yourself should someone be nearby to provide aid if you can’t yourself.

While i hated going through such a course, being that I was one of the bottom performers in the class, the training has proved to be beneficial to my survival, more so then anything. Its taught me the value of avoiding damage and never giving up. I believe, over the course of those few months, I blacked out over 100 times. I collapsed well over that amount as well, the pain often too intense for me to move right away. But the pain then, was in no way a comparison to some of the attacks Ive had to withstand in some of these fights and yet, because of the repetition in the class, I'd learned to work past it, moving my arms and legs despite the burning pain. I'd fight through it. I had to because to give in out there meant that your life was essentially forfeit.
    You know you want to ;>

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,936 (0 Banked)

Entry #062 Ideals

Time has really flown by these last couple of months and I’ve found myself in all kinds of adventures, with all sorts of humans, poke souls and Pokemon. Just a mere two months ago, I was contemplating my place within this space, this war going on.

I was placed on Machina, but was I really apart of it? Did I really belong and believe in its ideals? During the course of my stay, I never found myself attached to it. It was ‘all part of the job’ and when I got the chance, I’d return to earth world in a heartbeat. Its where I felt free. Its where, I was born. But here, on Machina, there is concrete beneath my feet and the space is enclosed where there would be dirt beneath my feet and open space out in the wilds. The air is dry and the area for bodies of water, man-made. The place, by all accounts is beautiful, but the populace are mostly civilians and human at that. It's plain to see, its not a place I fit in with, and find other like-minded soul's. I have merely become tolerant of this space and should war come, I cannot see myself fighting for it. Machina is not my home, and nor will it ever be. Yet, I will continue to this facade, and remain on my post. When war comes, I will decide then if I will fight for it, but not for Machina itself, but for my own ideals.
    You know you want to ;>

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,936 (0 Banked)

Entry #063 Espeon Files

Unable to get the help I need at the station, I’ve turned to the wilds on Earth world for a teacher. Who better to teach me then an Espeon on using these powers? Not that Mia wasn’t one herself, but its hard to teach someone when you also are that person. But before I was to depart, I found myself inside of the library at Machina’s military base. As an enforcer, I have access to files detailing sightings and information on all recorded Pokemon. It’s sometimes imperative to research the enemy before any mission, as its been shown to increase success rate on missions. Not that I need it for a mission issued by the Station, but for one I’ve assigned myself. The specific file wasn’t all that hard to find itself as hefty as it was. Needless to say, it had to be filled with all kinds of notes, pictures, and information relating to it.

A quick skim and I found the listings towards the back of the files and yet, I found myself compelled to go over the rest of the stuff inside of that file. The fact that they had so much compiled information made me both curious and at least a little horrified. I wasn’t in any kind of rush to go to the listed locations, but something within me wants me to stop while I was ahead. I remember feeling sick at the implications. You didn’t just gather the kind of information here just by looking and so, I grabbed a chair and read.

Before this, most of my knowledge about Espeon stemmed from my own experiences and what tidbits Mia would share. These files however they detailed everything, not to use my powers of course, but just about everything else. There were whole articles and papers on their eating and mating habits to detailed pictures and art of the structures that comprised its body. The images showed close-up’s of its fur, the flesh beneath that, muscles, ligaments, organs and even its skeletal structures. There were even files on possible weaknesses to make use of, strategies and even a listing of fatalities. There was more, but I already had enough of it, packing most of it back into the folder, leaving the listings out to copy into my journal. After a few more minutes, I did just that, putting the file back into its proper place and making my exit of the place. The next stop? Earth world.
    You know you want to ;>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567