User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,417 (0 Banked)

Default What are you watching?

Wow, I'm surprised we haven't had one of these yet!

Anyway, feel free to use this thread to discuss any movies or television shows you're currently watching! We have an anime-specific thread in the Anime Chat board, but no worries if you want to tack your anime viewing onto this thread too!

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,417 (0 Banked)

going through all the animated movies with my mom this week <3 the real winner before this, tonight and forever more is Kubo and the Two Strings honestly; I loved it so much and I could never look away from the screen and found myself on the verge of tears so often through the movie. I'm diving into feelings and spoilers in the tag below if you've seen this movie too and want to talk about it!

Spoiler:

I knew from the first ten minutes of this movie that I was in love. This is an animated, stop-motion children's film, advertised for children ages 8-10, and the movie opens with a haunting and realistic portrayal of a mother with serious illness. My heart shattered each time Kubo came home to his dying mother and those bloody pieces were reassembled for every moment he got to narrate his incredible tale to the village. A tale about his deceased father, Hanzo, the greatest Samurai anyone had ever known. the magic realism. the touching intensity of a family torn apart. the beautiful animation and expression at every moment. This movie brought it from minute one and hit all my heartstrings on the journey down to the end!

I don't think I've ever seen a children's movie that delivers duty, family, love, mourning, memory, forgiving, human nature, transformation, and death in such powerful, fresh, and profound ways. Storytelling as a thematic is reproduced so beautifully in a myriad of ways here - from the stories Kubo tells to the villagers, to the way those stories keep his family alive in his heart, to the way those Stories touch and transform people outside the cinematic universe in timeless ways. There was such a light humor woven in between the serious moments that I entirely forgot, in those brief moments, that Kubo had a meal with his mother and father for the first and last time in his life. I could cry again and again honestly

Quotes I'm still processing:

Grandfather: Everything you loved is gone! Everything you knew has been taken from you?

Kubo: No! It's in my memories! The most powerful kind of magic there is! It makes us stronger than you'll ever be. These are the memories of those we have loved and lost. And if we hold their stories deep in our hearts, then you will never take them away from us. And that really is the least of it...
    CRYING RIVERS OF TEARS

Beetle - When we die, like Kubo’s paper, we shift. The end of one story is merely the beginning of another.
    When I rewatch, I'll get the exact wording of the quote when the golden herons fly through the sky

also I had genuine chills in the scenes with both the sisters and the grandfather. absolutely terrified! this movie is so, so special!

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Wannabe Moderator Tactician Karina's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,384 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Currently just finished watching Young Guns and Law & Order: SVU. Tomorrow I'll probably watch a Disney movie, though not sure which one yet.

4. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,417 (0 Banked)

LAW AND ORDER <3 my brother was obsessed with that show! Also, which Disney movie did you see?

Saw Shimmer Lake last night. I loved the structure of it (the movie begins at the end and works backwards, retelling of a robbery) and I haven't seen the comedy / drama thing work so devastatingly well in a while! Definitely a fun movie!

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

6. Likes Tactician Karina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,384 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    LAW AND ORDER <3 my brother was obsessed with that show! Also, which Disney movie did you see?
    Law & Order is pretty great! Always watch it whenever it's on and there isn't anything else to watch. I decided on Aladdin, it's one of my favorite Disney movies after Lion King, also helps that Jasmine is my second favorite Princess after Aurora <3

8. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,902 (0 Banked)

a friend described the plot of Its always sunny in Philadelphia as "shitty people doing shitty things in the 2000s and after a year of talking about it i'm working through the first season. I've got Curb Your Enthusiasm on the backburner as I have a soft spot from mainly improv sitcoms and haven't been let down by them yet

10. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,417 (0 Banked)

finally saw Finding Dory the other day! </3 What a beautiful tale about memory, loss, family, unity, and transformation. At the heart of this, it's

Spoiler:
    about the plight of a woman with a life-altering memory illness that just wants to be united with those that she loves. Disney movies are so different watching them as children from watching with more awareness. This movie shook me, with its beauty, its story, and its characters.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

12. Likes Tactician Karina liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,384 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Finished watching Jurassic Park and The Lost World: Jurassic Park on AMC earlier, love this movie series.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    262 (0 Banked)

Finished watching a episode of South Park. I'm going to try to watch an episode of Supergirl later tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,384 (0 Banked)
    Blog Entries

Currently have Law & Order: SVU on, serving as background noise for now though.

16. Likes Smiles liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast