User Tag List

Thread: Little Touches

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,410 (0 Banked)

Default Little Touches

What are the most important little touches to you when it comes to writing or reading? Little touches can be defined as anything you'd like - perhaps a certain author places a great emphasis to explaining what the food tastes like for characters or takes the time to introduce character's family members to the audience when relevant, too. Feel free to share examples, too!

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,410 (0 Banked)

I basically made this thread to say I really like when authors describe shoes LOL

"Iwaizumi slipped on his Adidas Allstars"

I was like WHAAAAAAT

I've never seen something like that in the fanfic game until that moment! And it changed everything!

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    913 (0 Banked)

Fonts!

If I see a font that I like, I'll be more inclined to like the work. BONUS points for the author!
    Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive

4. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    14,410 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzadren View Post
    Fonts!

If I see a font that I like, I'll be more inclined to like the work. BONUS points for the author!
    What are your favorite fonts for fiction? :D

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    3,630 (0 Banked)

So for me, my favorite little touches are small little character quirks, ones that you don't really notice at first. For example, my dad always sniffles when he lies. I know people who fiddle with or knead their clothing when they're anxious. It's little things like that that really help humanize characters to me! I try to include them in my writing when developing characters here or there.

I also like acknowledging things that writing usually skips over. For example, in survival stories/worlds, brief mentions of relieving oneself. Of course, nothing in detail, but even acknowledging it with a sentence in passing really helps kind of add credibility to grittier stories. Writing tends to glorify their protagonists, omitting "gross" things like going to the bathroom and other stuff, so I love the honesty of having to acknowledge and solve real problems.

I love your point about branding, Smiles! Incorporating that into a world is always really cool to see, and gives us a little bit of connection to fanfiction characters! A sort of bridge across worlds, no matter how small!

7. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    913 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    What are your favorite fonts for fiction? :D
    Not sure about fiction, as I don't read much, but my favourite font is FSAlbert, so any other font that looks similar such as Comic Sans is fine too.

Basically any font that supports awesome "a" and not ugly "a" lol
    Soundcloud Profile: Ascension Drive

9. Likes Smiles liked this post