Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alter ego;;

♥Fiction♥ URPG StaffAdministrator Smiles's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,358 (0 Banked)

Default alter ego;;

Spoiler:
    def not a mission here - just an open rp for anyone to join ^^ come rp with my child

It’s never been this bad before. It’d been Skopje, Mars, a street cart in Malawi, the Asteroid Belt in prior times. One time, she woke up on a planet where a plethora of tiny bunnies fluttered around her nixed ship, each bunny too tiny to take a dump properly; and she opened the door to her ship, letting the alien sun pour in liquid sunshine, cuddling each bunny to her face for hours on end because she could and it was comforting and the bunnies couldn’t poo on her like certain other mischievous animals and the situation was nowhere near as bad as this -

Blessing presses her face to the glass. Outside, she sees a vibrant kaleidoscope of colors swirling with a sun that does not belong to her human sphere. The trees and plants soar from their roots into the sky, each one a living spire that pierces the great heavens above. She is not familiar with this landscape one bit: and when she jabs her finger on her ship’s GPS touch screen, the slow-blinking machine only flashes white lights at her in dubious reply. Blessing shuts it off. She vacillates her vision between the outside world reflected in the glass and her chocolate drink sitting cold in its holster. She’s glad gnats don’t exist in space, mainly because she hates insects, but also because that means, in this very moment, she can take that cold drink in her shivering hands and inhale the slightly rancid odor of aged cocoa.

Again, for what feels like the hundredth time since Blessing woke up without her memory a few months ago, she slept for four days straight.

That wasn’t her problem, though. Sure, it meant she couldn’t go to school and couldn’t make friends because no one could know about her awkward, sinful condition - because that’s the definition of sloth, right? Sleeping more than half your life away - but really, her problem was the fact that she woke up again in a place she knew not where. How did her ship go on without her conscious consent? Well… Blessing had a habit for summoning in her sleep, which was personally to her worse than any other sleeping habit, including snoring like an anesthetic Snorlax. And the animal she liked summoning most was a truly savage beast of creation. Who powered her ship on and set sail while she slept.

“Kill me now,” she groans to herself. She buries her face now in the cotton blanket lining her reclined front seat; at least this still smells nice, crisp to the touch. Kudos to the laundromat on the Space Center! There’s one bright moment in all of this mess! Parker, the black cat whose fur shimmies like the galaxies, mewls, his body balanced on the stickshift of her spaceship. “Mocking me too, huh? This is technically your fault, not mine! You sadist! Why would you do me, I mean us, dirty like this again?!”

Granted, after a certain point when a certain fifteen-year-old girl’s woken up in the wrong place one too many times, something happens to her psyche. Rapidly, she feels everything slipping away from her - reality, fantasy, the demarcation between the two in the realization that she will never in her life live a normal life. Maybe it’s that realization of her awful condition. Maybe it’s the realization that she will never know why this is so. Maybe, in some way, it’s acceptance…

… that makes her open the hatchet of her rustbucket of a tiny ship. Peeping her head out, blonde hair billowing in the wind, she gulps. The air is good! Check! She’s not crushed with the atmospheric pressure! Check! Thank goodness she had good faith! Because in the next moment, all that good faith disappears.

What lies before her is a structure she can only relate to a Monastery. It’s big, and she’s sure it’s meant for some sort of religious purpose - every grandeur wing of the enormous building is too beautiful, too tall, too grand for her presence. The arcs of it are decorated with gemstones that could swallow her whole being whole for their refined beauty. Bless takes two steps towards it before she even realizes where exactly she is or why she’s doing it. It could be the promise of prayer; it could be a step towards meeting a new soul to guide her along this odd and unfortunate journey.

wc: 735 x P300
    Last edited by Smiles; 05-08-17 at 12:41 AM.

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    380 (0 Banked)

Craig, Ditto Pokesoul Enforcer

It was a simple job.

Craig stared out of the window of his one-person spaceship. The enforcers had rookie jobs, just to acclimate them to the full range of work they were expected to do. One of them was dealing with Blessing Bell. Wanderlust, consistent sleep for four days, and a bad habit of unconsciously summoning lead to her known predicament of getting stranded. The URPG Space Center had suspicions of her full power, so newbie Enforcers were sent out to discreetly tail Blessing Bell in case she got lost. Today was one of those days, and what an interesting day it was.

Craig's descent upon the planet after four straight days of following a nutty cat across space was nothing short of surreal. Titanic trees twisting through tempests was only the first thing he saw. Craig was rarely curious, but this was quite, quite new, compared to the drab space station and the somewhat less drab world it orbited.

"Thank goodness for the spacesuit... OK, I just have to get Bell and her ship, and we're all good," Craig said to himself. He heard that PokeSouls talking to themselves was a habit, an inexperienced way to commune with the being within. Craig never heard the being within before, but Craig had troubles keeping his inner thoughts inside naturally, it seemed. "Hopefully her cat isn't-what."

He saw it. Craig blinked, rubbed his eyes, and then pressed his face to the glass to get a better look at it.

A massive stone structure had just made itself visible to his eyes. First, he saw an immense plateau of brick, holding a considerable volume of water that poured off of it in what were quite clearly dug, patterned channels; an artificial lake. Then, the gemstones; each like small suns, embedded all around, each one larger than his own ship and sparkling in colors incredible. As Craig got closer to the ground, he saw what was underneath it; multiple towers, chiseled stone lovingly carved into beautiful patterns in each, all holding up the massive stone structure or hanging down from it, almost like a castle in reverse. The whole structure was so meticulously crafted, in every inch big and small, that the idea that this planet was uninhabited was wiped clean from his mind in an instant.

"That is... My good god, is this alien stuff? Are we recreating Planet 51 here?" Craig said to himself, eyes wider than dinner plates as he touched the ground. He almost didn't notice he landed, save for the soft thump of motion akin to an elevator stopping. His ship stood tall next to Bell's, both just near to a tower that could be taken for an entrance to the marvelous structure before him. Something stirred within him as he looked at the castle, almost like an odd familiarity, or perhaps a curiosity too strong to contain.

His heart skipped a beat as he refocused on the area around him. He didn't see any aliens, but Bell was outside. Outside. In alien atmosphere, in plain clothing. Did she not have the dignity of a spacesuit? Craig was a pretty calm dude, if he thought so himself, but that just looked plain reckless. Still, she looked perfectly fine, if a bit dumbstruck by the sight of the massive castle, altogether ... And putting on the spacesuit was a big hassle. Plus he may have to explain the whole situation as to why he happened to 'strand' himself on the same alien planet as she did within minutes of her presumed arrival.

Craig took a deep breath, briefly begged whatever greater powers there may have been that Blessing Bell did not have some ability to circumvent a need for oxygen or a resistance to air pressure, and blew open the door to the outside with far more decisiveness than he should have had.

Craig breathed. Oh, wonderful! It felt like fresh air, the freshest air he's ever breathed to his memory, and his body, as nonstandard as it was, had no immediate revulsion to the world around him. Thank goodness, fortune does indeed favor the bold. Now it was just a matter of getting Bell's attention. He hoped she hadn't heard of his previous exploits in a women's dormitory. He was wearing real clothes this time, he swore!

"Uh, hey, wait!" Craig said. "Uh, so, there's a bit of explaining to do, I guess? Like, wow, that is something mad fancy over there... But uh, my name is Craig, I'm an Enforcer... Uh, is there a problem? Other than, like, your cat driving a spaceship?" Craig asked, eyes briefly glancing to Bell's ship and the cat resting in it.

wc: 706. P: 300

((first post, hurrah!))

3. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,358 (0 Banked)

@The Nonexistent Tazz;

((YAHHH thank you for rping with her! ;;;;)

Blessing’s marveling up at Temple to the point that it takes up her whole vision. Slowly she’s immersed, until she thinks she can hear conversations behind the elaborate, grandeur walls; what whispers would be exchanged, songs of knowing, secrets shared among the sacred souls within? The girl’s about to walk over on her tip toes, breathing in this fresh air, getting so lost in the possibilities provided by curiosity. A hand instinctively reaches up to the scarf wrapped around her neck, pulling it slightly down, feeling all the more comfortable in this space though she has no reason to.

She really should be wearing something different - a space suit! A trench coat! Combat boots and pj’s would be better! But no, the girl’s all casual, black dresses and her scarves, golden emblems bearing no significance to anything that’s constructed in their world. Little does she know how much the little one within likes the gold shine of it all. She knows nothing about them for now. She is, without Parker, entirely alone in this universe.

Nani?!

Apparently not!

The girl whirls around when a voice begins speaking to her! There’s no scream, but rather the widening of eyes and pushing of eyebrows far upwards to make room for her baffled expression! The hand lets go of her scarf so that a hand can go up to her chin. The man speaks to her, this well-meaning individual with a space suit on and an expression of justice and goodness and honest questions and -

“Eh? Craig? Now who the hell is that?”

Whoops! Now Blessing’s staring a little too long at his face, trying to figure out where his lips are and oh my what’s happening with all of that red hair - is it real?! and hey, are those real clothes? They look real enough but still!

“Yo, man, your face okay?...”
    she asks next, voice high but not too inquisitive, an honest omission of her manners. She doesn’t really have manners, but she likes to think she’s trying! Trying to make friends, anyway! She realizes Craig’s still talking to her and then her hand lets go of her chin to sway easily by her side. Gaze shoots over to her ship, which is now situated next to a beautiful ship of its own right, clearly belonging to higher forces that she recognizes from somewhere. From late nights of causing mischief, from the first days of her awakening when Enforcers swarmed her with questions. She thought they let her go then, this sad child with no history and no recollection of everything that she wasn’t.

“Oh neato, you’re one of the popo.” There’s a giggle snort when Craig mentions Parker, lazily draping his whole body over the steering wheel of her ride. “Nah,” she says easily, still chuckling. “That’s my buddy Parker. He does that sometimes - pretends he knows how to drive a ship.” She rocks forward on her heels. Bless, now is not the time to tell a cop that you fall asleep at the wheel and let your cat drive your vehicle. Be cool, be cool!

“Blessing Bell by the way,”
    she says easily enough, choosing not to make up a name on the spot. She extends a hand his way and then… whoops, he’s kinda weird-looking! The judgy teen awkwardly swerves her hand upwards, pointing towards the Temple. “Yooo!” she says, tone gathering speed, “Wanna explore this with me, Craig?! I know you must have important biz to be all the way out here, wherever we are, but how about taking the afternoon off?”

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

5. Likes The Nonexistent Tazz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    380 (0 Banked)

“Eh? Craig? Now who the hell is that? Yo, man, your face okay?...

Craig had grown acclimated enough to people staring at him for being quite at odds with the expectation of anything even remotely humanoid. Some deep memory of his own told him that how he moved and how he looked were just not right, even among the PokeSouls that had issues walking due to some lower-body metamorphosis. "Eh, being a Ditto 'Soul does that... Granted, all considered, I think I'm a lot better off than you, with four days of straight sleep. Must be bad on the back," Craig said.

Then came an admission of guilt, meant as a cool factoid. “That’s my buddy Parker. He does that sometimes - pretends he knows how to drive a ship,” Bless said, gesturing to the black cat altogether too close to the wheel. Bless probably didn't know that she basically admitted enough to give her a ticket, but he was probably too late to try to arrest her (not like he would have anyways, in this situation). He learned this in the boot camp; this is why they said Madison rights on arrest. “Blessing Bell by the way,” she added, introducing herself.

"... I don't think Parker is registered to pilot, you know," Craig said, taciturn, his eyes consistently wandering to the temple. It was nagging at the fringes of his consciousness, a part of him-perhaps something pink and small-begging him to enter within, whispers of some kind blowing through his brain. He had spaced out, just for a moment, almost missing her offer to explore the temple. "Sorry about that, spaced out. In any case, uh, this is something' I'm gonna have to ticket, sorry to ruin the mood. You really shouldn't be leaving the pilot on like that to begin with... That said, uh, we also may have just discovered an alien, hospitable planet to colonize, and also signs of sapient life. Yeah, this is too much to pass up, gonna take up that offer. Just, uh, let me get something real quick, please!" Craig added, making a quick pit stop at his ship.

Craig was required to have a few things for his trips, in case things got messy. It wasn't anything crazy; just a survivalist kit in a backpack, in case things got hairy. The kit itself was mostly basic first aid for emergency space survival, including a small knife, before running back.

"... If it turns out it just looks like a really bad idea to go in, we can just mark this place and get a more dedicated team of peeps from the center to do this, claim credit for finding it. Uh, assuming we found it first and this isn't like Cristopher Columbus and Eric Leafson," Craig said, trying his hardest not to look like he had actually been tailing Bless for days and had a good idea of where they were in the confines of the floating bubble known as space. "But, uh. Judgin' from the lack of peeps around, like, only big trees and grass, it doesn't look too much like this is a hotspot for activity, or it's pretty isolated from the rest of the planet. I'd say we just make sure we don't get too hasty in explorin' a place like that... It'd be bad to trigger a trap and one of us has to haul the other out of there."

"...Let's just go for a ground rule, if either of us break a bone from somethin', that's our cue to get out of dodge, OK?" Craig asked. "... I admit, it's way too tempting to leave that unexplored, but I really can't just take dumb risks."

wc: 619. p: 300.

7. Likes Smiles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,358 (0 Banked)

Oh shoot! This Craig fella comes back at her with an insane comeback she’s not ready for! Blessing blushes, sniffs as she turns her nose slightly upwards. There’s a slight stiffening of her back, too - how does he know how much I sleep?... the girl asks to herself. She knows so little of her condition herself, so others knowing it completely disrupts her on a whole new level of knowing. Those enforcers! Always so nosy! Blessing crosses her arms, shrugging. “Nah, back’s okay, Craig. It’s more my self-esteem and socioemotional development that’s hindered,” she says with a side eye. Oh wait, that’s too intellectual! “But whatever,” the girl adds, uncrossing her arms and swinging them by her sides. “I’ll just bend my back back into place? Eh? Eh?! Am I right?”

That’s one perk she’s riding on, one little lie that she desperately hopes to be true. Maybe whatever’s in her, if it’s anything at all, is just a sleepy pokemon shutting off her whole consciousness. That would be a nice way out, wouldn’t it? To explore this whole thing? Usually psychic types like drowsee could do that just fine. Bless is thinking about it a little too hard now, turning her head even as Craig’s talking. Then she wishes she wouldn’t! A ticket?! The jirachi pokesoul huffs in frustration, really wishing she could just activate that so called psychic-prowess right about now! The girl pushes up two fingers to her temples, points at Craig, and then!

Oops, he went back to his ship! “Damn!” she whines to herself, kicking at the ground. The unknown plant substances below them gently straighten right back up despite her protest, standing tall unlike the drooping pokesoul. “Damn, Parker! As soon as we get outta here, we book it real quick, ya hear? I can’t play with yet another ticket, or maybe they’ll take my ship away…”

Despite her anger, however, there’s another emotion rising to the forefront. Blessing stands on her tiptoes, peering past her ship, with a lazy Parker still on the wheel, over to where the enforcer’s gone. He’s taking something out the compartments - a back pack? What could be in it? Explosives?! Candies?! Whoa! She’s got to get her paws on it at some point! Then Craig returns, but Blessing makes a show of her annoyance real quickly, crossing arms again and pretending to not be too interested in what he’s got. Though she might be failing at that.

“You’ve got yourself a deal, Craig!” she says then, smiling with a competitive upwards crookedness to her grin. “Yeah yeah, I agree on those self-protection terms and all but… how about the first person who makes it to the top gets to get it named after them?” She’s a reckless youth with no sense of just what she’s saying. Eyes leave his black dots for just a second to shoot upwards. The end of the temple, at the top, is nowhere in sight, buried in the clouds. Blessing gulps but then throws her toughest smile at the enforcer. “And uhm, also, when I get to the top, you forget about that little ticket business, eh?”

Though Craig’s words tingle up her spine. Traps and tricks… what could truly be in there? The girl can’t peer past the enormous doors, can’t activate any powers to assess what they may actually be up against. There’s a faint moment of fear, yelling at her to just leave as soon as she can. But then the recklessness screams back, the part of her that yearns for adventure. “Fine fine, no broken bones,” Blessing adds. “But hey. Something’s great in there! Let’s get in there, as soon as we can! I got your back!” A hazy smile covers her face, hands thrown in the air to gesture for him to go first!

@The Nonexistent Tazz;

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    380 (0 Banked)

Craig had to really keep to himself how much of a child Bless was acting. She was old enough to pilot, but she huffed and pouted when he dropped the fact he'd have to ticket her, and overplayed her irritation when he brought back the bag, poorly disguising a level of curiosity. Craig had to stifle a chuckle at the behavior - it was plain rude.

Still, Blessing Bell was OK with attempting to adventure in what Craig dearly hoped was not the temple of doom. It was impractical for a legitimate fortress, what with multiple towers serving as a base for a massive platform of stone above and all the shiny, massive gemstones, with no real structure to reasonably defend from. But that did not mean the place was harmless.

Craig had to just smile politely and nod at her little 'game' of beating her to the top. Craig couldn't think of himself as the rush-into-danger kind of person, or even just the energetic kind of person that Blessing Bell was. Indeed, a part of him was saying that his sudden interest in the temple itself was not good - some part of him was saying that it was a massive deathtrap waiting to kill him or Bell, and that the smart thing to do was to call to the Station and get a dedicated team of archaeologists instead.

But some stronger part of him called differently. To that part of him this place was no stranger. It was noble and grandoise, standing proud and strong, and it was no place of comfort per-se, but it was not a place of danger or fear. And it was calling to him-some kind of stirring feeling. A whispering of the wind, or of the thing in front of him, a beckoning invisible. Craig could not ignore it. He accepted Bell's offer to go ahead-but made sure to keep an eye in case she tried to jet off and avoid the ticket.

Craig's body felt a bit tense as he approached the massive monestary. Craig had it in his mind that this place could only ever be some kind of place of religious or social importance to whoever made it, but whoever made it-now that was the big fat point that Craig couldn't wrap his head around. So many loving carvings of a history Craig couldn't decipher, so many massive jewels, and Craig suspected that this would be modest compared to what laid within. Some greedy part of Craig said that this place could easily lode him for life if he could just go away with just one of the smaller jewels-but something else, stronger, quelled those thoughts, calling it disrespectful to do more than enter.

Entering, however, looked to be a problem. The doors were obvious: two massive stone slabs, a bit into the walls and only the little crack of darkness between them suggesting that this was the opening. No hinge, no knocker, no knob, no indentation for a hand, and the stone slabs dwarfed the duo fivefold in both directions. "... Well. This is awkward," Craig said to the door.

After a few seconds of running his fingers through the gelatinous crimson blob on top of his head, he turned to Bell. "Well, there are two ways I think we could go about this. This seems to be the only entrance, down here anyways, so either we can try to push it, or, well, we can use our ships to see if there's a more accessible area on top of this place..." Craig said, fully aware that if the stone above wasn't obscuring the top, the massive clouds would. "... This kind of does put a kink in the plan, not much of a race to the top to just fly up," Craig said, putting a hand onto the door-

-BANG! Craig leaped backwards. The doors, god, they were moving! Shaking with the fury of ages as stone shrieked upon stone, sliding back. Craig looked at his hands-nope, no glowing marks of destiny or the like. Was it that easy? These aliens must enjoy company! Craig kept his distance, too aware of the idea that there could be something far less charming on the other side as the doors roared, grinding their way within the walls, permitting entry with the celerity of a slug.

"Didn't see that coming! Did not see that coming," Craig yelled over the doors.

wc: 743. P: 300.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,358 (0 Banked)

The child of Blessing’s truly a curse - a whining, lying little girl with no good reason to justify her amoral behavior. Well, besides losing all of her memories and the ones she knew she may have loved somewhere; but that’s something that she tucks within herself, burying to think about it later. Craig’s chuckle sinks deep into her and she can’t help but smile a shit-eating grin. Gotcha. She’s more of a child than a teenager, but who’s actually to define who’s who in their crazy world? In some way, perhaps they’re all children at the mercy of this much older wild, red planet.

Now she’s watching him smiling back at her before turning towards the gargantuan doors that face them. Hands curl gently behind her back; body arches forward slightly as she follows him, immense amusement written all over her face. She’s experiencing this novel Temple thing vicariously through all of the enforcer’s curiosity - the jewels! The carvings! The symbols that she’ll never understand! Blessing watches the tiny portion of this Temple unfold, revealing its ancient history to them. And well, she can’t really appreciate it, but she thinks it’s pretty at least! And that someone must have worked very hard on all of this. Yes, yes indeed! She should be careful not to break anything!

“Wonder what we could take from within,” she muses the next second, mind going down a different path. Whoops! Would there be guards roaming the place?! If she took something, who would even want it? Would it be marked in feral scents?! She knew some people out there liked that kind of thing but that it may also be dangerous to associate with them -

Then she laughs! Awkward, this is! These doors were the million-year-old ribs to another world, crusty beating heart somehow still alive! How would they even start to pry it open?! Blessing was well on her way to making an excuse about not being able to push open the doors - “body mass, man, I’m only 4’10 so proportionally there’s not much I can do here fam” or “I sleep through half the week so my arms are literally noodles come take a bite” or “nah fam, you’re with the force, you got this!” But before she can actually get any of those out, the doors start moving!

She shrieks when they do! Putting hands on Craig’s back, she hides behind him and peeks from the side to see what’s happening! “Whoa!” she yells, watching those huge doors suddenly open up to the duo! “That’s dope as hell! Those things gotta weigh a billion pounds!” Her hold on Craig’s back tightens, then gently eases off, as they finally seem to stop! Darkness awaits them, scintillating golds and blacks splashed across cryptic patterns from within.

“So the race is on!” she proclaims confidently then, as if she wasn’t just hiding behind the man for the mere opening of the doors -

“Catch me if you can!” Then she’s running past him, straight through the doors! Blessing resents running, that activity that no one looks attractive at but here she is, bolting straight through like a young pup! It’s a good seven meters past an ornate hallway, high ceilings arched by gold pillars that filter in the alien sunshine from above. It feels alive to the touch; Blessing revels in it, turning her palms over as she continues further inside this odd place. Feet tap against golden marble tiles whose rivulets of gemstone seem to move under her step. This place smells like sacrifice, holy cold air cleansing her whole body.

“Yo…” she muses out loud to herself, heartbeat beating out of control. The teen stops her sprint and then slows. The entry hallway has ended, but now they are in a very different space.

A splitting off into three enormous hallways, each one blasting light up from above. She sees items suspended on walls, filling every white space, ancient-looking and inconceivable to anything she knows of her world. Three hallways, a million items, and she wants to touch every single one.

“Craig! Whaddya wanna do, man?!” she screams, huge smile on her face!

@The Nonexistent Tazz;

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    380 (0 Banked)

((WARNING: morbid imagery ahead!))

Craig's eyes kept firm vigil upon the doors as they slid away, revealing the splendor of ages within; ebon marble and ivory gold shaped into the patterns of a legacy long gone, shaded by darkness and pinned by jewels-diamonds used like screws! A shaky breath left his lips as the doors ceased parting, staying open, permitting entry. The air around him chilled, testing his resolve.

Then Bell started moving, running inwards, yelling about a race to the top, far too oblivious to the sheer magnitude of the thing before her. Craig's words failed him, the regal projection this inverted castle held overtook his conscious thought for the moment as he pondered if this was wise as Bell rushed into the black-

-and the subtlest voice in his head said yes, and then a more powerful voice screamed no, and his legs surged with strength as Craig cognized his situation, forcing his body to adopt proper bone structure to push off harder-to rush after Bell. Craig could already hear the higher-ups at home, the officers above his station screaming at him for allowing so childlike to wander these halls as he rushed into the darkness-

-and where Bell rushed in, with peace of mind and sureness of ground, Craig plummeted with naught but his first step inwards, tumbling headfirst into the illusory floor beneath him.

"NO NO NO NO NO NO!" He screamed as he plummeted into a sudden infinite blackness beneath him. Did he just imagine Bell walking in? Was that itself a trap? Craig grappled with mortality itself, knowing that for the many, many things he brought in his pack, a parachute wasn't one of them. Air was rushing past him-no-he rushed past air at alarming speeds, drops that would make professional skydivers puke. Craig prayed to God, the universe, Jesus, Mohammed, Shiva and Vishnu, Izanagi and Izanami, Arceus, the Buddah, anyone!

Then, the gentlest of forces pushed against his chest, so subtle Craig almost didn't notice. It pushed harder and harder, however, but not too hard-gently caressing him, securing him in a grip of pure nothingness. Craig's little dots widened to the size of his fists. Who'd have thought that praying in a divine temple would get results so quickly? "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK-"

Abruptly, Craig stopped falling. The force from before slowed his descent but ultimately did not stop it-Craig deformed a little, oozing up against whatever kind of floor the impermeable shadow concealed. It was warm, soft and leathery-a far cry from the stoic stone he thought he was going to be stepping on fifteen or so seconds ago, or any other floor he laid his feet on for that matter. Craig laid there for a while, dazed by the rapid turn of events.

Craig never knew he could be so utterly determined, then, when his mind turned briefly to the image of Bell, smiling at his little joke. He flung himself upwards and into his proper shape, standing up. The ground was uneven, he almost slipped in rising up so fast, he clinged to the crag-lined, slanted floor. This must be some kind of trap, he figured, some deep hole in the earth, to keep intruders out-but how did Bell slip past without falling? He had no time to ponder this-he ripped into the survivalist kit, yes, there was a flashlight there-he pulled it out, so happy for it now, and clicked it on.

Craig decided, right then and there, that he really should have just escorted Bell home with a ticket.

The floor was not a floor. It was a massive pile of dead carcasses, stacked up so high that Craig didn't know how they did not reach the ceiling of this abyss. Craig's body trembled; if his mouth could stretch into a larger frown of disgust it would have stretched off of his face entirely. It was cleaner than expected; there was blood and splatters of blood, yes, but most of the bodies looked to be intact, the worst visible injury being a bite from some fierce jaw, but with how high this pile he looked at alone was-by god-it must have been hundreds of thousands of dead! Pokemon-the beasts that reshaped the Earthworld-dead in masses. Humans-the still-genius innovators that had conquered their ecosystem so soundly they transformed their own world before the Pokemon-dead in droves. PokeSouls-the best of both worlds, human ingenuity and tech with the supernatural powers of Pokemon-dead in masses. Animals of Earthworld crushed under thousands of bodies, dead to the last. And more, more than Craig recognized; some so humanlike that Craig barely noticed the pointed ears or the odd eyes, some so far removed that Craig could not call them Pokemon or even alive, and, more, beyond his comprehension and beyond reason. Each and every last were different, from the slightest to the most massive of ways, but all were alike in one manner in this place, this death pit.

All dead.

All but Craig.

He could not help but notice that these people did not seem to be dead for very long...

This was not the kind of thing that the URPG Space Center had trained him for. Craig spewed profanities before catching himself a little, trying to reassure himself-he was alive, he was safe, and while these corpses seemed recent, for now, he could not tell if Craig had been spared their fate, or merely hadn't met it yet. It did not work; a fear overtook him, and either way, the odds of Bell being able to rescue him were minuscule. Craig's breaths were uneven. He was not sure if he was spared their fate, or was just about to meet it head-on, but he pulled the knife out anyways, trembling, realizing that any method of self defense would be worthwhile.

Nothing happened for a good, solid minute. Or was it just a second?

"... Gotta get up top." Craig said to himself. "Could find a way out from up there..." He said to himself. He really hoped someone would answer, and he really hoped that someone was either Bell, or his own thoughts. He forced his body to move, gripping onto the hands and feet of the dead to climb up, thinking mostly of Bell-a girl he just met, his unofficial charge-as a motivator. She didn't deserve this! She was irresponsible and kind of stupid, in his honest opinion, but she also did not at all deserve any of this! And he really, really hoped she didn't. He kept his hands and legs moving-it wasn't too hard of a climb, more like crawling on his fours, as his living hands gripped onto the dead bodies of the pile-

-and then he was rising up against his will. "OH SH-" Craig was silenced, rushed forwards by some force, and was forced face-to-face with with-with-with-by god.

Craig could not see his assailant properly for how close Craig was to him. Craig saw enough to know he did not wish to see the rest by the little light of his flashlight. A single ringed eye, ferociously mad, icy blue, narrowed to a dagger's edge, its twin having some crystal like a near-black amethyst jammed inwards, billowing smog atop its crown, and blood dripping from a lipless mouth, fangs barred and sharp. Craig was forcibly silenced-he couldn't even muster the strength to scream.

The beast pulled Craig back, just a bit, just enough for Craig to see the body-and Craig could tell that it was not right. A crystalline blackness was jammed into this beast's torso, disproportionately large to its humanoid head, but far worse, around it-as if forced in-were parts. Parts of things, things that were not the beast. Limbs, mostly; some delicate paws of pale pink, some large stag-like legs covered in gold and white metals, some three-digit fingers of skin, some stony red hide, and many, many mishappenly dangling from this beast's body, and each had a twitch like they were alive. Craig could see little else-his vision was fading-he barely saw why, a hand was around his neck-craig couldn't reach for it-Craig thought to shift-transform-transform, damnit!

Snap.

Craig's eyes thrust open, flinging himself upright. Craig swore like a sailor, blinded by light-merciful light! He looked around-and sighed in relief. He was back where he was, almost-at the fringe of the Temple, except instead of some horrid pit, he had fallen flat on his face in the hallway he saw Blessing Bell run down further. He picked himself up, and tried to put it out of his mind...

...Nope. No, no no, no no no, noooooo. Craig almost slapped himself for trying to forget it, however wretched it was. Craig knew people did not randomly fall so perfectly unconscious without an ounce of exhaustion. No, Craig had just woken up not but two hours ago, he was not tired and should not have fallen asleep to begin with. It wouldn't matter what Pokemon he would be, not even if it was a Snorlax or a Slaking-the nature by which he fell asleep was wholly unnatural, induced deliberately. Whether by the Temple or some other force he did not know but he knew it was not to be disregarded. The nightmare on its own was excessively terrifying, and Craig was wholly glad that, on some level, it was falsified-but Craig was smart, smart enough to realize that whatever happened did not happen for no reason.

“Craig! Whaddya wanna do, man?!” a voice-Blessing's voice-echoed from within, energy alive even this distant from the source.

Craig started running into the darkness-thankfully, it did not take very long at all for it to break. Craig was preoccupied with his thoughts-perhaps too much to realize that, despite this ostensibly being the tower entrance to the massive stone complex above, the path forwards featured no way up and continued well beyond the confines of the tower. Craig noticed this anomaly, and figured that after what the heck he just experienced, he would disregard it for now to keep Bell in his sights, as the powerful feeling of divine calm this place seemed to have settled in him a bit.

"...I'm sorry, something... Uh, something kept me up, for a moment" Craig lied, wishing not to explain what impossible feeling just occurred, eyes focused on bell as he approached the entrance, flanked by gold-oh.

Craig's eyes wandered now in pure astonishment, so much lighter and mystified than the pure horror he just bore witness to minutes ago. Thousands upon thousands of ancient relics floating in the sky, in a chamber where light filtered down, gemstones worked the duty of nails, and three hallways extended near-endlessly, an alien light filtering down from a domed ceiling above, every inch imprinted with the sigils of ages long past. In the bottom floor of an inverted castle's tower that by all rights should not have any of this within its large, but not titanic, ground floor.

"... Whoa... Uh. Wow. I guess... Uh. We pick a way forwards?... Howabout you?" Craig asked, feeling unadventurous and de-energized after that... Experience, before.

...What was that thing?

wc: 1,812~. p:300.

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    15,358 (0 Banked)

Blessing’s gone full on adventurer mode, because the young girl’s scouring these gargantuan halls like her whole life depended on cracking the meaning of the items hoisted upon the marble. The jirachi pokesoul stands on her tiptoes, heels clacking erratically as she nearly falls over looking at everything; but she can’t help herself. A childish grin of amusement and pure joy comes across her face, imbuing her with an energy she didn’t know she was lacking!

There’s a voice singing, so softly, in her head, telling her to keep moving forward. Blessing would think of it as her consciousness if she were a little more conscious. But she listens to that voice full on anyway in her dazed state, looking at all these items and objects as if they’ve created the world’s colors all over again for her. Slow hands reach up, gingerly at first, plucking a magnet-shaped contraption off the wall. It glows softly in her hands, this thing of pokemon metal, hand-crafted with such tenderness even Blessing would feel bad to give it away. The markings curve and arch across the polar designations, perhaps like a compass gone out of control… and she feels it move slightly in her hands, as if wanting to point her in a certain direction. The girl’s red gaze pops back up towards the wall. When she looks down, the metal object is still once more. She plucks it back onto the wall, exhaling, inhaling as her smile only grows wider.

Wait! She had a reason she was here, right? She didn’t just tumble upon these walls, like window shopping on a normal day, to peruse everything they had to offer. Right?... A hand slowly reached up to pull a bell down, completely mesmerized by the shape of it lining up to her palms. She breathed out, placing the item back. Nope. No modicum of memory or conscious worry was left because she was having a good time… by herself here… without the one named…

Craig?

She found another exciting play toy! A vase the size of her palm, crafted of carved gemstone and gold twining. A fire or something mystical swirled in its crystalline depths, visible from the outside, taking up all of her sight. The young jirachi host placed it in her hands, marveling at the way the flame within surged on despite her touch.

Who?

“Yo.. you alright man?” the young girl asked as her enforcer acquaintance came into view. Contrasted to her expression of unconditional joy was a visage of mystery and terror, some sort of detached agony buried in his black eyes. Blessing cocked her head, as if by just viewing him from twenty degree to the right, the “why” factor would simply click into place for her. Blonde hair ran over her shoulders as she did so, a few strands hanging haphazardly by her eyes. “Seems like you’ve seen some shit. Or had to take a shit or something.” Clearly, the most caring thing she could muster in such a situation! Blessing walked forward, poking Craig in the shoulder.

“I feel like they gotta have a bathroom around here somewhere, right? Is it back there?” she asked, pointing menacingly with her free hand to the direction he’d come from. “I’m gonna go and then let’s go… to the left hallway!” she merrily added when she nearly tripped! The vase went flying through the air! Right in poor Craig's direction! Was it a djinn inside?! An evil spirit soon to devour them heart and soul?! A feeling of remorse coursed through the jirachi host who didn't even know she could probably pick up the tiny vase herself with psychic power if she only tried!

( @The Nonexistent Tazz; super cool post!! also, I apologize for this late reply!))

❤ MISTRAL IMMORTAL ❤

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    571 (0 Banked)

The Gardevoir strides carefully into the interior of the Temple. She's heard of this place, yes, but never thought of it much; now, after making a discovery about multiaspected nodes and their formation, she's come here for the first time to investigate.

Mithenne takes a glance at the meters on her pouch. Mental energy concentrations at about 85 percent saturation, lunar at 75 percent. Higher than her resting levels of 25 percent each, that's for sure. She knows she's come to the right place.

She opens a magenta valve on the side of her repository, and the mental energy dial spins upward to 415 mД before she returns the cap to the closed position. There are definitely some intense energy concentrations here, possibly responsible for the strange effects she was already beginning to experience.

Wait, who are those?

Mithenne notices the two figures in the center of the area. Humanoids, in fact. What were they doing here on the PokeWorld? What exactly were they up to? She stays at a distance.

<Excuse me,>
    she transmits telepathically to the strange-looking one, the one with the crimson hair that looks like something trying to appear human. <Do you have any idea where you are?>

She's about to continue her telepathic conversation just as the other one, the small one with blonde hair, trips, causing the vase in her hands to fly through the air in the other's direction. Knowing the unpredictability of these artifacts, she steps back slowly and holds onto her pouch, waiting for something to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast