User Tag List

Thread: Navel Island Spring Tournament 2017 Round 1

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,779 (0 Banked)

Default Navel Island Spring Tournament 2017 Round 1

Hello all! welcome to the first round of the Navel Island Spring Tournament!

Swift vs Winter
    Gray vs winner of qualifer (Swift)
    Ebail vs. @Dash
    Ayotui vs Morru
    PV vs Hannah
    FD vs Jacen
    Nitro vs Felly
    Mene vs Havoc
    ST vs Zolar
    ~~~
    Fawkes vs Xali
    Mikey vs Ash
    QE vs Monbrey
    Magik vs Truly
    Seppe vs Liam
    Sou vs K'sariya
    @weirlind120 vs Cmann
    Ralin vs Synthesis

For a visual check our group Callonge page: http://challonge.com/naveltourney. I will be updating the rankings as turn 1 progresses!​

Suggested battle theme:

FdFJHhzZ_Bg
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdFJHhzZ_Bg
    or 356Z4qD201Q
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=356Z4qD201Q

You have until April 20th at 23:59 EST to complete these battles! Please post your predictions and ref logs here!

EDIT: To keep in line with the tradition started by the Navel Island Gym. ALL of the battles in the Navel Island Tournament 2017 must be started with the following procedure:

1) Send 8 mons to ref w/ items + abilities
    2) Preview
    3) trade pokemon
    4) battle start

EDIT2: THERE IS A TWO DAY EXTENSION!!! Meaning battles must be completed by Saturday, April 22nd at 23:59 EDT!!!!!!! There will be consequences for any unfinished battles!
    Last edited by juliorain; 04-22-17 at 10:04 PM.

Img Made by Morru/Mako

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    8,048 (0 Banked)

Swift vs Winter: I've seen Winter battle more, and Swift barely wanted to be in this anyways so I doubt he has to drive to win.
    Gray vs winner: Assuming Swift doesn't sack or anything I think the vets are gonna beat up on the newbie, tho Gray has a hell of a fighting chance.
    Ebail vs. Dash: Couldn't decide for this one so I went by coolness of their mons. Scizor is my favorite mon. Sorry Dash. :>
    Ayotui vs Morru: S Q U A D. Really tho I think Morru's got the experience and the relevant knowledge that Ayo's missed out on, plus the items and just brute force.
    PV vs Hannah: Never seen PV battle but I've seen Hannah and she's a beast. Plus she's going for best gym <3
    FD vs Jacen: I mean I think Jacen has a fighting chance, but the lack of relevant items and experience and the abundance of sarcastic remarks might spell his doom.
    Nitro vs Felly: I doubt Felly cares about this tournament or URPG in general enough to tryhard this.
    Mene vs Havoc: Menegoth is hands down one of the better battlers I've faced since joining URPG. Sorry havoc, I gotta go with the king.
    ST vs Zolar: S Q U A D. If Zolar doesn't psych himself out he's got this, and if he psychs the enemy out he's really got this.
    ~~~
    Fawkes vs Xali: I wanna fight him second round so he better win. If not he's a flipping nubachu.
    Mikey vs Ash: Mikey you got this :>
    QE vs Monbrey: QE doesn't own items AFAIK.
    Magik vs Truly: Truly also doesn't own many items, which is a severe disadvantage this tournament.
    Seppe vs Liam: Prove me wrong and I'll bow to you for a lifetime Liam. Seppe has the edge gymwise and probably mindgame-wise.
    Sou vs Ksay: If ma girl don't psych herself out or tilt she's got a great chance.
    Weir vs Cmann: I don't underestimate CMann at all, and I can't wait for our battle, but if just for my own lackluster self esteem, I'ma put me down to win.
    Ralin vs Synthesis: I really hope Ralin wins. Puts everyone to shame, myself included.
    Last edited by weirlind120; 04-11-17 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Putting it in the style others did, cuz muh tradition.
    Abras are so cute!
    Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
    Competitive Showdown player
    TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

King Stunfisk URPG Staff Mikey57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    2,864 (0 Banked)

Swift vs Winter; I feel like Swaft has a great chance in this matchup tbh (Plus he beat my face in during gym tourney, I bayleef in u)
    Gray vs Winner; (Psychic versus Poison): Gray definitely has a chance against both possible winners, but I feel like the slight edge in experience and mind games will have them win it.
    Ebail vs. Dash; Ebail got that rust tbh, go both of y'all!
    Ayotui vs Morru; Don't know anything about Aytui, might be a little too rusty even though he's a big vet from what I'm reading lol rip me
    PV vs Hannah; PV needs to git gud tbh (Ily)
    FD vs Jacen; I don't see Jacen doing many regular battles, but that's just me. :Whew:
    Nitro vs Felly; FELPYKINZ MY LUV I BAYLEEF IN U BBMene vs Havoc; Mene gonna cause some HAVOC.
    ST vs Zolar; Like with FD vs Jacen, I haven't seen any battles from ST so
    ~~~
    Fawkes vs Xali; You beat me at my gym with randoms, you better not fking lose.
    Mikey vs Ash; Does Mikey git gud? Who knows tbh
    QE vs Monbrey; Because he said I could do the URPG Podcast and if I voted against it I'd probably get fired tbh :Kappa:
    Magik vs Truly; bawk bawk tbh
    Seppe vs Liam; This was a tough call. Both are very skilled battlers, but Grass > Water :(
    Sou vs Ksay; My OG RIVAL COMIN BACK WITH A VEGENCE
    Weir vs Cmann; Brockovani. Nuff said.
    Ralin vs Synthesis; Ralin is the next URPG Champion. Calling this right now.

4. Likes swiftgallade46 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,089 (0 Banked)

✦ Navel Island Tournament, Round One ✦

Morru
    VS
    ayo

4v4
    SM Private Preview
    Sleep/Freeze/Accuracy/Evasion/OHKO Clauses
    No Legendary Pokémon
    Weather: None, Terrain: Building
    Helds On

All Navel Island Tournament rules apply

VS

Morru: Empoleon, Gyarados, Mega Houndoom, Blaziken*
    ayo: Tyranitar, Nidoking*, [Shuckle], Dusknoir

Morru took Ayo's Blaziken; Ayo took Morru's Nidoking.
    Ayo led hard, quickly KOing Gyarados and Houndoom while only losing Nidoking in return.
    Morru attempted to set up a killer Brine with Empoleon, but confusion smacks put a stop to that plan.
    With only Blaziken remaining on Morru's side, Ayo was able to take home the win.
    ayo wins! $2,500
    Morru gets $1,000

Match Wages: $2,000
    Total Wages: $2,000

Draconic Lorekeeper URPG StaffSuper Moderator Dash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,452 (0 Banked)

4v4
    SM Public Open
    ACC/EVA/OHKO/SLP/FRZ Clauses
    Helds On

Standard Weather and Standard Terrain
    *Insert Special Rule here*

Mistral vs. Nitro

Chandelure, Houndoom, Raichu, -Dugtrio- vs. Clefable, Skarmory, Reuniclus, -Alakazam-

Mistral swept most of Nitro's team then screwed up super hard with Houndoom as she thought Destiny Bond was Perish Song and Clefable stalled to the end and won. Clefable is a trash Pokemon.

Nitro gets $2,500 for winning.
    Mistral gets $1,000 for losing the battle.
    I gain $2,000 for reffing this.

Unpaid Wages: $2,000

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,452 (0 Banked)

4v4
    SM Public Open
    Helds On

Seppe vs. Liam

Feraligatr, Whimsicott, Electivire, -Greninja- vs. Espeon, Rotom-Wash, Arcanine, -Nidoking-

Goddamn this battle took over 6 hours for a 4v4. The battle started out with Greninja and Rotom-Wash as the leads, leading to a standard trade-off of Taunt and the prediction from Liam to Hydro Pump. This would lead to Seppe switching to Electivire and setting up screens along with a sub before Liam was forced to switch out into Espeon, who would have been one of the biggest wildcards this battle as it used Z-Celebrate on Electivire. However, Liam got greedy with the boosts and tried to set up more on Greninja who was swapped in and had the stats wiped. Greninja swapped out properly afterwards, and went into Whimsicott.

Whimsi and Espeon would play a war of attrition, in which Whimsicott eventually won. Arcanine came in, and after a little bit of screwing around, Whimsi used Endeavor while Arcanine used Flare Blitz, leaving it severely damaged. From this point on, Greninja came in to take out Arcanine (bit of stall for a few moves as neither were sure if the other would switch or try to KO their mon). Eventually, this lead to Rotom-Wash and Nidoking left. Greninja would get a very decisive Toxic in on Rotom-Wash before kicking the dirt, and Electivire came to finish the battle.

A well-planned Power-Up Punch after taunting the Rotom would give Seppe's Electivire just enough to KO Nidoking with Earthquake, but there were be a turn of sub and lots of waiting because #predicting until Nidoking's ground was shook, forcing Rotom-Wash in. Electivire would stall it enough for Toxic damage to stack up a little bit before Wild Charging and letting Feraligatr stall out and Aqua Jet for the final KO.

Please give me bonus for this hell.

Seppe gets $2,500 for winning and moves on.
    Liam gets $1,000 for losing the battle.

Unpaid Wages: $4,000

8. Likes ~Surfer Liam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,089 (0 Banked)

✦ Navel Island Tournament, Round One ✦

WinterVines
    VS
    swiftgallade46

4v4
    SM Private Preview
    Sleep/Freeze/Accuracy/Evasion/OHKO Clauses
    No Legendary Pokémon
    Weather: None, Terrain: Building
    Helds On

All Navel Island Tournament rules apply

VS

Winter: Mamoswine, Durant, Sableye*, Aegislash
    Swift: Arcanine*, Mega Lucario, Greninja, Metagross

Winter took Swift's Sableye; Swift took Winter's Arcanine.
    The beginning turns saw Mamo receiving Scarf with a Red Card and Eject Button getting used somewhere.
    Unfortunately for Winter, Greninja quickly KO'd Aegislash and Durant before getting taken out itself.
    A little conhax goes a long way though; Sableye brought Winter back into the game, making a victory possible.
    The Scarf Mamo sweep wasn't to be, as an unlucky Burn allowed Swift to swiftly press on and wrap things up.
    Swift wins! $2,500
    Winter gets $1,000

Match Wages: $2,000
    Total Wages: $4,000

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    4,452 (0 Banked)

4v4
    SM Public Open
    Helds On

K'Sariya vs. Sou
    Venusaur, Clawitzer, Tyrantrum, -Whimsicott- vs. Goodra, Milotic, Azumarill, -Nidoking-

K'sa stalled out Sou's Goodra really well with Venusaur. This lead gave K'Sa a pretty good lead over the entire battle until Sou forfeited due to being tired. Well played on both sides regardless as Sou almost brought back the small lead despite some small mistakes.

K'Sariya gets $2,500 for winning and moves on.
    Sou gets $1,000 for losing the battle.

Unpaid Wages: $6,000

Post Thanks / Like
    PokeBucks
    6,779 (0 Banked)

Thank you all for participating in Round 1! It was truly fun! Closing on this forum.

Img Made by Morru/Mako